Yeah, the "vampire of Steel" cover is a classic, G-man.

I remember you mentioned it in the WTF stories topic. Along with multiple other abominations from WORLD'S FINEST.

Batman is obviously a character that lends himself to stories that deal with the supernatural. Another favorite of mine is from DETECTIVE 395, "Secret of the Waiting Graves", by Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams, the story that began their collaboration on Batman.

Set at a high society party, at a wealthy couple's mansion in Mexico. A couple who turn out to have their fair share of secrets, that lead into the realm of the supernatural.

Most of the Halloween-atmospheric O'Neil/Adams stories, and Robbins/Adams Man-Bat stories were collected in the Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams Volume 2 hardcover. (reprinting DETECTIVE 395, 397, 400, 402, 404, 407, 408, and 410, along with BRAVE & THE BOLD 93 by O'Neil/Adams. )

Volume 3 actually came out earlier this year, reprinting O'Neil/Adams stories from:

BATMAN 232(first R'as Al Ghul story),
234(Two-Face),
237("Night of the Reaper", set at a Halloween party),
243-245(battling R'as Al Ghul), and
251("The Joker's Five-way Revenge").
Disappointingly, ads for the book do not include the werewolf story from issue 255.
And also disappointingly, the book does not include "Night of the Stalker" from DETECTIVE 439. While illustrated by Almendola/Giordano, it's credited "from an incident described by Neal Adams, and won the ACBA best story of the year, and is very much in the Adams style, so I felt it would be a great concluding story to show the legacy of Adams on the character in the decades since. Plus the cover is by Neal Adams, and a beautiful one at that.

Since I have the original issues, I chose not to purchase the Volume 3 hardcover.

Some inexpensive trades and hardcovers that reprint most of the same stories include BATMAN: TALES OF THE DEMON ( reprinting BATMAN 232, and 242-245, with other stories), and MAN-BAT VS BATMAN (a one-shot reprinting DETECTIVE 400, 402, and 407, the complete Robbins/Adams Man-bat storyline)