Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I guess it's also not a statement of any significance that every "Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard" in America, far from being a center of peace, is a center of crime, drugs and violence.

it's not a statement of any significance. Do you have any statistical evidence? Do you have racial breakdowns of the neighborhoods? Do you have (more important than race in determining crime rates) economic breakdowns of the neighborhoods?
Or is this just some generalization like "all black people are lazy and that's why they have stupid hair"?

I doubt anyone in this country has visited every last Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in America. But I've seen 20 or 30 of them, and they haven't stood out for me as symbols of peace, prosperity, unity or tolerance.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Or is this just some generalization like "all black people are lazy and that's why they have stupid hair"?

And I'd appreciate it if you wouln't "script" me, and put racist comments that are not mine in my mouth.

Clearly, they've already confused Sammitch, for one, to believe opinions not mine to be representative of me.
You lose any potential moral high ground with such smear tactics.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
As I've said across several topics now (contrary to the "white racist" stereotype the liberal media likes to project) it is in fact blacks who commit the majority of racial violence against whites, at a ratio of about 50 incidents to 1.

Wow. Somehow you've managed to blame racism on the "liberal media" and turn black people into bad guys.
Black on black crime is more common than black on white crime.

I've already quoted statistics to support my views on this in another recent topic.

Black-on-black crime is higher statistically than black-on-white crime, yes.

But black-on-white hate-based crime is statistically far higher than white-on-black racially motivated hate-crime, at a ratio of about 50 incidents to 1.
The question is not total crimes. The question is about whether whites are more violently racist.

I stand by my numbers.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:

And white people have more of a history of racism. Lynchings, slavery, racial stereotypes. Black people who are prejudice generally feel that way due to a feeling of oppression. And the fact is, its only been in the last 40 years that they even had civil rights laws on the books. It takes time and generations for the painful memories to fade away.
Michael Richards, the Simpson trial, Rodney King, Watts Riots, FBI spying on King and the Black Panthers. This is all within the last 50 years.
Please stop trying to play the white middle class victim card.

It's been demonstrated many times that the liberal media hypes the isolated case where white criminals attack a black, gay or other individual of a minority, to falsely perpetuate the notion of vast and out of contol "violent white racist" problem that minorities need to live in fear of.

When again, statistics show the reverse to be true. That whites, more often, are the victims and not the perpetrators.

Dredging up lynchings and slavery from 150 years ago is about as relevant as the Pellopenesian War, or the fall of Rome to the Vandals and the Visigoths. It does not reflect current trends.
Even the 1965 killing of 3 civil rights workers in Mississippi (2 white, 1 black) by the KKK was a very isolated occurrence, and even so, the potential for similar incidents was completely gutted away by the FBI.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Something motivates this violence by blacks against other racial groups. And I beleive it's the sense of entitlement, of something owed to blacks. An indoctinated sense of rage, that blacks are somehow given license to lash out in acts of violence.

or perhaps there is a certain sense of frustration in lower income neighborhoods. Your comments don't really seek to address the problems, you're just trying to imply blacks are bad in a roundabout way.

No, I'm not "implying" anthing, I'm saying flatout: Blacks are committing these violent acts (i.e., stabbing 3 faculty members in a school, because the school didn't do enough to celebrate black history month, and similar incidents that not all but a 50-to-1 ratio of black Americans feel justified in unleashing on whites, clearly racially motivated hate-crimes), and it is this victim/backlash liberal rhetoric that the blacks committing these crimes feel gives them license to do these crimes.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
And of liberal rationalization, not only within the black community, but also by non-black liberal politicians pandering to the black community, that rationalize such incidents as understandable backlash to "generations of racism" or whatever.

Again blaming the liberals?
As I pointed out above, there is a constant stream of racism, a separation between white and black in the culture that only encourages hostility and emboldens racists like yourself. Thankfully, things do improve. Just in my lifetime I have seen serious improvement in the racial relations. I guess I live in hope since I can't fall back on the dream of a white's only heaven.

Again, your words in that last phrase, put in my mouth. And falsely representing both my actual words, and my beleifs and dreams as well.
I've dated women of just about every race and ethnicity, to fit into your stereotype of someone who dreams of a white racist heaven.
Of the two women I almost married, one was from Spain, and the other was from the Phillipines.
And I dated a 42-year-old Jamaican lady for about a year and a half about 9 years ago. Astonishingly, she voiced to me that she doesn't date American black men because of their attitude and lack of ambition (her exact words). She also expressed relief that her 21-year old daughter (a retail store manager) had similarly steered clear of American black men. Since she isn't white, how will you label her, I wonder?
I don't share her view of "all American blacks", but I'm sympathetic to the notion that such an attitude has infected a considerable percentage of black Americans.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

I say it again: every racial group on Earth has been discriminated against by every other group who could do so. Blacks are not unique in their suffering !

true, but there's a flaw in your logic. (see below)

Quote:

Should I sue the Italians for their Roman ancestors invading and seizing property of my ancestors?
The Huns?
The Vandals? The Visigoths?
The French?
The Scandinavians?
The Mongols?

Here's the logic flaw:
The Roman Empire no longer exists, the Egytpian Empire is gone, and pretty much all of the others are too.
The Germans had to make it up to the French and the Jews for their recent bits of evil.
Slavery involving Africans did not happen with some now-defunct government. It was the United States of America in what is still the United States of America.
Now I don't think anyone is talking seriously about reparations between descendents (that seems silly), but there is a need for fence bending. And, unfortunately, the KKK and folks like yourself have basically agrivated the matter since the Civil War ended. Civil Rights was the first real stepping stone, and race relations have improved, racism has declined to the point that its considered abhorent and America in general is a better place because of it.
Black History month is about intergration, about mainstreaming blacks by acknowledging that they have been part of history as artists and inventors and overall pioneers. It brings more of a sense of their true place alongside whites in history. I think it's a great thing for children to learn that black people were more than just slaves, and it gives black youths a sense that they can actually accomplish something other than being a stereotype for people like yourself to look down on.

The Roman people still exists in the remaining state of Italy.

Egypt still exists and prides itself in its ancient culture.

Many feel that Germany did not pay nearly enough for its aggression and genocide in World War II. One example is the gold in Swiss bank accounts, melted into gold bars from the fillings of Jews' gold teeth, among other gold possessions.

My point is: Similarly, the U.S. govenment today is not that of the same era as Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Grant, McKinley or Eisenhower. It is a government as vastly different as any of these reformed states of former empires. It is a vastly different world, and beyond perhaps the surviving grandchildren's generation, there has to be a statute of limitations, so we are not eternally reliving past tragedies as if they are still occurring.
And as long as they are artificially kept alive, they are still occurring. Preventing society from moving forward and unifying.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
How much is enough?

yes, how much is enough? how much whining do we have to hear from people like you about not always being the center of attention. March-December is White History Months, is that enough? You have a Christian President who wages holy wars to kill infidels in the middle east but you whine because two gay people want to marry and that somehow threatens your marriage.
How much is enough?

Oh God, the "people like you" excrement.

You don't even warrant a response on this one. There is nothing even vaguely resembling my opinion in what you've scripted me to have said and believe.

Complete smear on your part.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

I'm proud of the fact that the United States has come so far with civil rights. And I regard the attitude that clings to the past, and pretends it's still 1965, as spoiled, arrogant, and a breeding ground for precisely the kind of violence this article cites.

You want to hold up a crazy person as representative of their entire race? There are way crazier white people. And I would personally not want to go down this standard as Charles Manson's race war belief would be impossible to defend (he was white and hated blacks so by your standards all whites hate blacks).

No, I hold up a crazy person as an example of the poisonous effect of the victim/justified retribution liberal rhetoric that has infected a considerable percentage of the American black community, in divisive attitude, if not also violent action.

I don't deny that white racist whackos exist as well, and I'm equally critical of the KKK amd other white supremacist organizations. Except that the liberal media is sympathetic to, and helps proselytize the victim/justified retribution black mindset, even as they condemn the white equivalent.

I've condemned white racism, that hasn't stopped you yet from scripting me to be a white racist.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
As I've said previously, while there are many incidents of black violence against other racial groups, there are many more blacks who feel that indoctrinated anger, but would not take that anger to the level of violence. But the indoctinated angry message is there just the same, and that is the true cause of alienation between blacks and the rest of America.

there are many messages. Bill Cosby advocates black kids to get off their asses and go to college. Many many many messages. Just the same as how there are whites who advocate racial purity.

Unfortunately, Cosby's message of personal responsibility is not the prevalent message in black america. Unfortunately.

And Cosby and other blacks who push for this personal responsibility and reject the victim-rhetoric, are frequently regarded as traitors to the black community, by those blacks who seek to perpetuate black america's self-alienating attitude indefinitely.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
And I have to wonder based on that: Are Martin Luther King Day and Black History Month true celebrations of freedom?
Or are they, in truth, part of the divisive "hate whitey" culture of rage?

maybe you're just an asshole and the black people you've known have been responding to that.
I live in a black neighborhood, and a pretty shitty one at that. I get along fine and have never had a problem because I don't approach them like they're lesser than me.
Give that a try some time.

And maybe I'm right.

And because I'm right, the only way you can create anything resembling a winning counterpoint is to script me to say things I never actually said, and misrepresent me in a vicious, deceitful way.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.