Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Wright has a lengthy history of virulent statements, both in his sermons and his writings. You can keep trying to fool us by saying "out of context," but that's a little like saying because Hitler only wrote one racist book we shouldn't have seen the final solution coming.

i'm not defending him, i'm asking for a broader picture. you say he has a history, then it should be easy for you to post some of those quotes along with when he said them to establish that history.
either way i don't think i'll be voting for wright this november. of course obama has said he goes to church to worship god and not his pastor, also we have to ask what kind of man is wright when he's not on stage, maybe he is a decent person who has been a good friend to obama. can you say you don't have any liberal friends who sometimes say things that you disagree with strongly but you ultimately still call them a friend? obama has never sought wright's endorsment and has never linked what wright says to his campaign's message. i find it more troubling that mccain (who's thread this actually is) sought out fallwell's endorsment after fallwell said the many many stupid things that have caused controversy over the years.

Wow.

And all this time I missed the part where McCain attended Falwell's church for 20 years, where McCain adopted Falwell as his spiritual advisor, and even named his first book after one of Falwell's sermons.

Oh wait, that's right. McCain didn't.

Obama, on the other hand...
Obama has connected himself to some very strange characters indeed. Including himself, including his Muslim/I-am-not-a-muslim history.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.