Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 94 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 93 94
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Robert Stacy McCain of the American Spectator asks "is Obama another classic Democratic blunder?
  • Somewhere, there should be a Hall of Fame honoring profoundly stupid Democratic Party campaign ideas. Among the featured exhibits would be Michael Dukakis's 1988 tank ride and John Kerry's 2004 Ohio duck-hunting trip. ("Can I get me a hunting license here?")

The important thing to remember about such classic campaign blunders, however, is that Democrats didn't realize their disastrous potential until it was too late to prevent them.

Whether it's George McGovern's choice of Thomas Eagleton as his 1972 running mate or Fritz Mondale's promise to raise taxes in 1984, for some reason there's never anybody around Democrat HQ with the foresight to shout an advance warning.
    • Writing at the Huffington Post, Hillary Clinton supporter Larry Johnson declared on Feb. 16 that Obama's association with former Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers "will be Barack Obama's Willie Horton."
    • On March 13, ABC News was the first major media outlet to report on the anti-American rants of Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the pastor of Obama's Trinty Church in Chicago, igniting a controversy that continued to make headlines for weeks.
    • On April 7, Christopher Hitchens noted that Obama had named a radical Catholic priest, the Rev. Michael Pfleger, among his religious "mentors," and that Pfleger had defended Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan. On May 25, Pfleger preached a bizarre sermon at Trinity church, mocking Hillary as an advocate of "white entitlement," resulting in a YouTube video clip that quickly went viral -- like the plague -- on the Internet.
    • Obama's connection to corrupt Chicago Democratic fund-raiser Tony Rezko was widely reported by major media. In January, for example, ABC News reported that Rezko and his associates had "contributed more than $120,000 to Obama's 2004 campaign for the U.S. Senate, much of it at a time when Rezko was the target of an FBI investigation."
  • His scandalous associations didn't stop Obama from squeaking past Hillary to clinch the Democratic nomination, but his responses to these controversies so far -- such as first "distancing" himself from Wright, then finally quitting the Trinity congregation -- are unlikely to immunize him from further scrutiny in the general-election campaign.

Even the manner in which Obama won the nomination suggests that he may prove an unusually weak candidate in the general election.

ALL OF OBAMA'S problems would be enough to worry Democrats if he were a veteran politician, but he's not. He's a 46-year-old former state legislator who was only elected to the Senate in 2004 and whose presidential candidacy got an artificial boost from media enthusiasts like Oprah Winfrey and Chris Matthews.

Obama's nomination is part of a pattern of Democrats preferring "fresh new faces" as their presidential candidates. McGovern, Jimmy Carter, Dukakis and Bill Clinton all won the nomination on their first attempts.

By contrast, Republicans have tended toward the "it's his turn" approach to their White House candidates. Excluding only vice president Richard Nixon's 1960 campaign and the historical anomaly of Gerald Ford, George W. Bush was the first GOP presidential candidate since Dwight Eisenhower to get the Republican nomination on his first try.

the "it's his turn" approach means that McCain is already a familiar character to independent swing voters, who typically pay less attention to politics than do avid partisans of either party. Such scandals as his membership in the "Keating Five" are all old news, and it's unlikely the fall campaign will produce any shocking revelations about the Republican. Democrats can't say the same about the untested Obama.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
"terrorist fist jab"????!!!

&

Desperation is funny.

whomod #963078 2008-06-10 10:47 AM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
believe me, you are living proof of that!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
[youtube] [/youtube]

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

&

Desperation is funny.

Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
believe me, you are living proof of that!

I'm living proof of a terorisst fist jab??

So is Michael Jordan and Charlie Sheen BTW

FOX News, home of pasty out of touch squares.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

FOX News, home of pasty out of touch squares. \:lol\:

Whomod's brain, home of dimentia and, well...

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:
\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
So... beyond partisan Youtube clips of Olbermann, who is nothing more than an extension of the Obama campaign disguised as a journalist...

Obama was at least raised a "devout muslim" and is doing his best to be evasive about his muslim past:
http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Politics/12745.htm

Obama has a racist hostility toward white America, and attended a black racist church for 20 years:
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25831

And Obama plans to dangerously cut our military and its technological edge:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=65771

Gee, why would anyone think Obama is anti-American?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

&

Desperation is funny.

Apparently, the anchor at Fox was NOT calling what Obama did a "terrorist fist jab." She introduced a story about how the fist jab meant different things in different context and reported that various individuals were interpreting the act differently.

That's not the same thing.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Oh.

And Obama is guilty of exactly the corruption he alleges in McCain and the republicans.

Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

"The Audacity of Barack Obama"

In addition to the information about kickbacks and perks of the allegedly oh-so-above-it-all Obama, it's a clever wordplay on the title of his Wright-sermon inspired title of his book.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
[youtube] [/youtube]

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The Associated Press:
  • Democratic Rep. Dan Boren of Oklahoma said Tuesday Barack Obama is "the most liberal senator" in Congress and he has no intention of endorsing him for the White House.

However, Boren will vote for Obama at the Democratic National Convention in Denver in August and will vote Democratic on Nov. 4.

"I think this is an important time for our country," Boren said in a telephone interview. "We're facing a terrible economic downturn. We have high gasoline prices. We have problems in our foreign policy. That's why I think it's important."

Boren, the lone Democrat in Oklahoma's congressional delegate, said that while Obama has talked about working with Republicans, "unfortunately, his record does not reflect working in a bipartisan fashion."

Boren, a self-described centrist, is seeking a third term this year in a mostly rural district that stretches across eastern Oklahoma.

"We're much more conservative," Boren said of district. "I've got to reflect my district. No one means more to me than the people who elected me. I have to listen them." He called Obama "the most liberal senator in the U.S. Senate."

It's potentially quite telling that for all of the talk earlier this year of Obama's ability to redraw the map, a red state Democrat already feels the need to distance himself from Obama.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Stuttering Barack:
  • watching Obama stammer his way through a press conference today when he was asked about [VP search team member Jim Johnson's ties to mortgage companies Countrywide Financial and Fannie Mae], as well as about the fact that another member of his team, Eric Holder, was involved in Bill Clinton's pardon of Marc Rich, I was reminded of how poorly the typically eloquent Obama holds up to actual scrutiny.

Bumbling his way through an answer, Obama said it was a "game" to bring up such relationships, that he wouldn't hire a "vetter to vet the vetters," and most oddly, that Johnson and Horder weren't even working for him--even though they are helping him find a VP.

And, look, there's a YouTube video of Obama stammering and stuttering through an unscripted statement:

Poor Obama. Under the whomod standards, he's now proven to be a senile idiot, in bed with big corporate lobbyists.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=66787

Quote:
Bloggers are raising questions about Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's qualifications to be U.S. president, because of the secrecy over his birth certificate and the requirement presidents be "natural-born" U.S. citizens.

Jim Geraghty, reporting on the Campaign Spot, a National Review blog, cited the "unlikely" but still circulating rumor that Obama was born not within the United States, but elsewhere, possibly Kenya.

Geraghty defined the concerns most clearly, stating: "If Obama were born outside the United States, one could argue that he would not meet the legal definition of natural-born citizen … because U.S. law at the time of his birth required his natural-born parent (his mother) to have resided in the United States for '10 years, at least [f]ive of which had to be after the age of 16.'"

He then points out Ann Dunham, Obama's mother, was 18 when Obama was born "so she wouldn't have met the requirement of five years after the age of 16."

Geraghty continues: " (Interestingly, apparently there isn't much paperwork on Obama's parents' marriage. 'Obama: From Promise to Power,' page. 27: 'Obama later confessed that he never searched for the government documents on the marriage, although Madelyn (Obama's maternal grandmother) insisted they were legally married.' Also note that Obama's father apparently was not legally divorced from his first wife back in Kenya at the time, a point of contention that ultimately led to their separation.)"

(Story continues below)

The reports released to date show Obama was born in Honolulu to Barack Hussein Obama Sr., of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Kenya, and Ann Dunham, of Wichita, Kan.

According to FindLaw.com, which is cited by Geraghty, the requirements that were in force from Dec. 24, 1952 to Nov. 13, 1986, encompassing the time of Obama's birth, state, "If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16."

Obama's father, a student sent to the United States from Africa, lived several places in the United States while attending class. He then returned to his homeland. Obama's mother later married another man and moved to Indonesia.

Geraghty said the Obama campaign could "debunk" the rumors about his birth simply by releasing a copy of his birth certificate, but the campaign has so far chosen not to do that.

"The campaign cited the birth certificate in their 'Fact Check' on William Ayers, so presumably, someone in the campaign has access to it," he said.

Hawaii doesn't make public information from birth certificates.

"If the concern of the Obama campaign is that the certificate includes his Social Security number or some other data that could be useful to identity thieves, that information could easily be blocked out and the rest released. (Although I wonder if identity thieves would find Obama a tougher than usual target, since using the name on purchases would almost inevitably bring closer scrutiny.)," Geraghty said.

The Obama campaign repeatedly has declined to respond to WND requests for comment.

The presumptive Republican nominee for president, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., already has gone through the same type of challenge, and the U.S. Senate responded with a resolution in April declaring him to be a "'natural born Citizen' under Article II, Section 1, of the Constitution of the United States."

That article declares that "no person except a natural born citizen … shall be eligible to the Office of president."

McCain was challenged because he was born to two U.S. citizens in the Panama Canal Zone.

According to a report from Michael Dobbs on The Fact Checker, the McCain campaign consulted two leading jurists, Theodore Olsen and Laurence Tribe, and they agreed.

"They argue that McCain is a natural born citizen because the United States exercised sovereignty over the Panama Canal at the time of his birth on August 29, 1936, he was born on a U.S. military base, and both of his parents were U.S. citizens," the report said.

Others say the issue isn't quite that simple, and the matter could be resolved fully only by a constitutional amendment or a U.S. Supreme Court ruling.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I'm going to give Obama the same benefit of the doubt I gave McCain. As far as I'm concerned, if one or both of your parents are a US citizen, that makes you a natural born citizen.

Of course, I assume that whomod will be equally consistent and, if he questioned McCain's eligibility, will question Obama's as well.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
I'm going to give Obama the same benefit of the doubt I gave McCain. As far as I'm concerned, if one or both of your parents are a US citizen, that makes you a natural born citizen.

Of course, I assume that whomod will be equally consistent and, if he questioned McCain's eligibility, will question Obama's as well.

Which just goes to show the general nuttiness of these World Net Daily articles that keep popping up around here.

You think if either McCain or Obama were in any way ineligible for the Presidency, they'd be the candidate of their respective parties right now??

(rhetorical question G-Man, not addressed to you BTW who happens to agree with the non-issue this is)

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
get a room!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

that's not the law, why the sudden opposition to the rule of law?

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
As you recall, I did post a similar McCain story a while back. Not that I thought anything would come of it though. It's just good sport.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

&

Desperation is funny.

Edie Hill apologizes for the 'terrorist fist jab" comment.

Good. Show these FOX fucks they can't get away with this crap anymore.

The Evolution of The Fist Bump

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

that's not the law, why the sudden opposition to the rule of law?

Actually, my position pretty much IS the rule of law. As a general rule "natural born citizen" means someone who was born a US citizen, as opposed to someone who wasn't born a citizen but later becomes a "naturalized citizen" (ex: Arnold Schwarzenegger).

Both McCain and Obama were born to American parents. Therefore, under the law as it is generally understood, they are natural born citizens.

The people on both sides of the aisle making this argument against one candidate or the other are, in my opinion, playing a silly semantic game, trying to warp a generally accepted term of law.

Sikkbones
1500+ posts
Sikkbones
1500+ posts

keep the Niggers out of the White house.

http://www.finalstage.ca
http:www.459.betrayer.ca
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Jerusalem Post:
  • Barack Obama's half brother Malik said Thursday that if elected his brother will be a good president for the Jewish people, despite his Muslim background.

But...wait? I thought anyone who claimed that Obama had a Muslim background was a liar and/or racist. But, now, here's his own brother, seemingly telling us that Barack is a former Muslim.

Oh well, at least Malik didn't mention his brother's middle name.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

technically it is racist to use his middle name to link him with terrorists. the name is ethnically very common, like juan sanchez. Do you think that every Mexican named Jesus is holy?
 Originally Posted By: wikipedia

Husayn, Hussein, Hossain, Hussain, Husain, Hosein (Arabic:حسین Turkish: Hüseyin), is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hasan, meaning "good" or "handsome". It is commonly given as a male given name among Muslims, after Husayn ibn Ali, although the name is so common it is also given to persons of secular backgrounds.

John Mccain shares his first name with John Wayne Gacy. And please don't tell me John is a common name and sharing a name means nothing, because obviously it does if you keep mentioning it. "John" is also slang for someone who uses prostitutes. That concerns me because of my value voting values.

Bow ties are coool.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I'm proud of America for the first time in my adult life!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Actually, Obama is on record as stating his middle name and background would allow our enemies to better identify with him as President.

There is no record of McCain showing any sympathy to murderers. Unless you count his friendship with Ted Kennedy.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
he gets Hamas' vote!

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Actually, Obama is on record as stating his middle name and background would allow our enemies to better identify with him as President.

but did he mean that in ethnic terms or in idealogical terms. obviously a person of color who has been outside the country would help to undo our racist isolationist (wondyist) reputation. again, you were being racist.

Quote:
There is no record of McCain showing any sympathy to murderers. Unless you count his friendship with Ted Kennedy.

unless you count....

Bow ties are coool.
Middle Nameless
25+ posts
Middle Nameless
25+ posts
See he's with a white guy, he must be friends with murderers! God Damn America!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ray Adler
obviously a person of color who has been outside the country would help to undo our racist isolationist reputation.

So we should choose the president on the basis of race?

Now who's being racist, Mr. Adler?

I'm ashamed of you. Why do hate the idea of a colorblind society?

500+ posts
500+ posts
[quote=Black Machismo]

Wait! DID YOU TAKE THAT FROM MY TRUCK?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

technically it is racist to use his middle name to link him with terrorists. the name is ethnically very common, like juan sanchez. Do you think that every Mexican named Jesus is holy?
 Originally Posted By: wikipedia

Husayn, Hussein, Hossain, Hussain, Husain, Hosein (Arabic, Turkish: Hüseyin), is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hasan, meaning "good" or "handsome". It is commonly given as a male given name among Muslims, after Husayn ibn Ali, although the name is so common it is also given to persons of secular backgrounds.

John Mccain shares his first name with John Wayne Gacy. And please don't tell me John is a common name and sharing a name means nothing, because obviously it does if you keep mentioning it. "John" is also slang for someone who uses prostitutes. That concerns me because of my value voting values.

Except that it is not merely Barack Hussein Obama's name.

Obama is a closeted muslim, who up until he was married in his 30's was described by classmates, co-workers, friends and colleagues as a "devout muslim".

Obama also campaigned for a relative in Kenya, during his present term as a U.S. Senator, part of whose platform was imposing sharia law in every province of Kenya.

I would actually have less of a problem with it if he was at least straightforward and honest about his muslim beliefs.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

no matter how colorblind you are g-man, you still managed to pick an old white guy.

Bow ties are coool.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

but did he mean that in ethnic terms or in idealogical terms. obviously a person of color who has been outside the country would help to undo our racist isolationist (wondyist) reputation. again, you were being racist.

I love the way you sweepingly stereotype myself or anyone else who believes in taking the slightest preventative measures to exclude dangerous undesireables from immigrating to, or staying in, the U.S.

Or who believes allowing offshoring of high-paying jobs and factories to other countries should be discouraged, and steps taken to encourage factories, high-paying jobs and research in the U.S.

Or who believes allowing unfair trade practices that put Americans in unfair competition with people in Third World countries who are working for a dollar an hour should be levelled with tariffs and other limits.

Or who believes we should eliminate the trade deficit that is now 850 billion annually, that is bankrupting the U.S., while China has 2 trillion in assets, enriching themselves at the our expense.

How racist of me, to welcome LEGAL immigrants to the U.S., and even socialize and date many people of foreign origin. But still have disdain for those who come here illegally, and who often break our laws.

My alleged "racism" is a counterweight to your "Adlerism" which basically amounts to hating your native country and slandering your country, and anyone who defends it, at every possible opportunity.

You couldn't be more of a treasonous scumbag if you strapped a bomb to your chest and blew up a U.S. naval base. And given the fact that you live near one in San Francisco bay, I wouldn't put it past you.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

no matter how colorblind you are g-man, you still managed to pick an old white guy.

Age-discriminationist !

McCain's mother is 95 years old, and is still a feisty lady and fully active woman. She even appeared in a commercial with McCain, to humorously prove the quality of his gene-pool, and that he has many good decades left in him.

30 years ago, people often died in their sixties.
Now they often live to be 100.

Try to set aside your outdated age prejudices, Ray, and join us in the 21st century.

Middle Nameless
25+ posts
Middle Nameless
25+ posts
I'm not muslim! I swear on my burqa!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
McCain's already gotten himself into legal trouble with the public financing system ... McCain drew criticism of his own earlier this year when he backed away from public financing for the primary elections. He initially sought those public matching funds, which come with limits of their own, after his campaign nearly ran out of money, but decided to bypass them after donations started coming in....That makes McCain a campaign finance criminal.

Oopsie: Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Thursday he'll bypass the federal public financing system in the general election, abandoning an earlier commitment

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
McCain's already gotten himself into legal trouble with the public financing system ... McCain drew criticism of his own earlier this year when he backed away from public financing for the primary elections. He initially sought those public matching funds, which come with limits of their own, after his campaign nearly ran out of money, but decided to bypass them after donations started coming in....That makes McCain a campaign finance criminal.

Oopsie: Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Thursday he'll bypass the federal public financing system in the general election, abandoning an earlier commitment

Wow G-Man, you're pretty clever there. Yes, Obama is guilty of the same thing!!!

Except Obama was never doing so badly in fund raising that he had to sign up for public financing. McCain was and did. Now he's trying to back out of that in violation of the law. This in no way applies to Obama's situation and you know it.

If you can point to me where obama signed up for public financing then you'll have a point. But you can't so case closed.

Nice try to obfuscate though. But of course Republicans have had years of practice.

In fact I'd think you're worried that Obama can easily outspend McCain 4 to 1 without needing to break the law to do it.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama scares G-man

Having the country led by an inexperienced, underqualified leftist with crazy ideas about foreign and domestic policy, shady associations with racist ministers, and a murky past should frighten people.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
uh huh.

and you're completely wrong about obama being a campaign finance criminal.

Oh wait, you never accused him of that. You merely asked the question.

Typical FOX wankery.

Page 49 of 94 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard