brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Online Cool
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
http://www.katu.com/news/entertainment/A...-201966981.html

Quote:

Annette Funicello, Mouseketeer and film star, dies

NEW YORK (AP) — Annette Funicello, who became a child star as a cute-as-a-button Mouseketeer on "The Mickey Mouse Club" in the 1950s, then teamed up with Frankie Avalon on a string of '60s fun-in-the-sun movies with names like "Beach Party Bingo" and "Bikini Beach," died Monday. She was 70.

She died at Mercy Southwest Hospital in Bakersfield, Calif., of complications from multiple sclerosis, the Walt Disney Co. said.

Funicello stunned fans and friends in 1992 with the announcement about her ailment. Yet she was cheerful and upbeat, grappling with the disease with a courage that contrasted with her lightweight teen image of old.

"She will forever hold a place in our hearts as one of Walt Disney's brightest stars, delighting an entire generation of baby boomers with her jubilant personality and endless talent," said Bob Iger, Disney chairman and CEO.

The pretty, dark-haired Funicello was just 13 when she gained fame on Walt Disney's television kiddie "club," an amalgam of stories, songs and dance routines that ran from 1955 to 1959. She appeared in mouse ears, a pleated skirt and a sweater emblazoned with her name.

Cast after Disney saw her at a dance recital, she soon began receiving 8,000 fan letters a month, 10 times more than any of the 23 other young performers.

Her devotion to Walt Disney remained throughout her life.

"He was the dearest, kindest person, and truly was like a second father to me," she remarked. "He was a kid at heart."

When "The Mickey Mouse Club" ended, Annette (as she was often billed) was the only club member to remain under contract to the studio. She appeared in such Disney movies as "Johnny Tremain," ''The Shaggy Dog," ''The Horsemasters," ''Babes in Toyland," ''The Misadventures of Merlin Jones" and "The Monkey's Uncle."

She also became a recording star, singing on 15 albums and hit singles such as "Tall Paul" and "Pineapple Princess."

Outgrowing the kid roles by the early '60s, Annette teamed with Avalon in a series of movies for American-International, the first film company to exploit the burgeoning teen market.

The filmmakers weren't aiming for art, and they didn't achieve it. As Halliwell's Film Guide says of "Beach Party": "Quite tolerable in itself, it started an excruciating trend."

But the films had songs, cameos by older stars and a few laughs and, as a bonus to latter-day viewers, a look back at a more innocent time. The 1965 "Beach Blanket Bingo," for example, featured subplots involving a mermaid, a motorcycle gang and a skydiving school run by Don Rickles, and comic touches by silent film star Buster Keaton.

Among the other titles: "Muscle Beach Party," ''Bikini Beach," ''Beach Blanket Bingo," ''How to Stuff a Wild Bikini" and "Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine."

Bye,Annette.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Bill O'Reilly had a great opening editorial last night, on the innocence of the 50's/early 60's era Annette Funicello represents. And how we were a more respectful, less profane, less selfish people with a greater sense of personal responsibility.

As measured by things like out-of-wedlock births being 5% then and 41% now, a far higher ratio of marriage, and a far lower ratio of divorce.

I recall a year or two where in the mid-1970's they syndicated the Mickey Mouse Club on local TV. Another universe, to be sure, even to the more cynical 70's era I grew up in, and far more so from the profanity-laden pop culture of the current era.

Not so much the Annette Funicello movies, but when I look at the larger cuture in movies and TV from the 30's to the 70's, I see in it a manifestation of a more sincere, more kind and sentimental culture than what we have.
And I think the new generation has lost something, and is so hardened and de-sensitized they don't even realize it. They have a cynicism and hatred for past culture, because in their cynical experience, they can't believe that other people experienced that level of kindness and love.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
Hey guys isn't it awful how black people can sit in front of the bus now

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
Hey guys isn't it awful how black people can sit in front of the bus now

Isn't it interesting how liberals consistently say the most racist things, and then pretend like it was conservatives who said it?

If we removed personal slander from your bag of tricks, Mxy, what would be left for you to post?

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
It's not slander if you really are a racist shithead, David.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy, 1-24-2012
I love the way the author of that article worms in a favorable reference to the Occupy Wall Street movement.

No agenda-pushing at all, I'm sure.

Pat Buchanan pointed out in his 2006 book, State of Emergency, about the immigration crisis in the U.S., that schools in areas like North and South Dakota, that have the least inundation with immigration in schools, that these schools spend half as much on education per student, and still have far higher test scores.

And if looking only at white and asian student test scores, American students are performing at the same high levels they were 40 years ago. The problem is something seriously wrong culturally among black and hispanic students, and a political correctness environment that refuses to acknowledge or address those problems. Instead breeding a cultural environment that rages at those who are performing, and provides excuses and subsidies for those who are not performing.

It's not about race, these are cultural problems. But those administrators who want to make political indoctrination a priority over education are attempting to divert attention from the true problems by racializing the issue.

and

Originally Posted By: WB, 4-12-2012
I again say: I welcome anyone, from anywhere, of any race, who comes to the U.S. and fully assimilates and becomes an American, becomes one of us.
Anyone who does not assimilate, who holds foreign loyalties hostile to the United States, who clings to a separate ethnocentric identity outside the American mainstream, does not belong here.

But instead of that logical policy, we are welcoming the Vandals and Visigoths into our Rome.

That is my primary aversion to liberals, is that they welcome the destruction of our culture under the guise of "progress" and "evolution" and "multiculturalism". They have no sense of our national identity and the need to preserve it. And regard those who struggle to preserve it as "bigots" and "jingoistic".

But the reality is, about 60% of our illegals are from Mexico. They have a hostility toward the U.S., and toward the white majority. And they believe they are "taking back" what the United States "stole" from Mexico.

What I say is not "racism". It is not all hispanics. Or even all Mexicans. Those who show superior potential to assimilate contribute as U.S. citizens should be admitted. I've met many good and hardworking hispanic Americans. I've also met many welfare-sponging, ethnocentrically separatist, and even criminal, parasites.

Hispanics from South America demographically perform better academically and as citizens than those from Central America and the Caribbean.

But it is a reccognition of who is and is not assimilating.

I think we should have a hiatus on all or most immigration to the U.S., for at least 20 years, and allow the waves of immigrants already here since 1965 to fully assimilate.

And after that, we should look at what nations since 1965 demographically assimilate the best: the highest rate of high school graduation, the lowest ratio of welfare use, the lowest ratio of gang membership, the lowest rate of crime and incarceration, the highest ratio of individual business ownership.
Based simply on what nationalities prove to be the best citizens, and give immigrants from those nations favored status.

I would also give favored status to immigrants from english-speaking nations, such as India, South Africa, and other former British colonies, and concentrate them in the U.S. southwest. Stop letting Spanish speaking immigrants gradually overwhelm our english-speaking culture.

Sorry complex discussions about social issues --where I acknowledge problems and criticize the racial demagoguery of liberals like yourself that deliberately racialize non-racial issues-- confuses you.

Or more likely, you just choose to slander myself and others in a petty and vindictive way, because we don't drink the same liberal Kool-Aid you do.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Let's play a game: Which one of the following quotes did I make up just now to slander Wondy's good name?

as we have an increasingly large non-European population, we run the risk of having our culture, and our Democratic government itself, at risk of being overwhelmed by non-European interests. Such as La Raza. Such as loss of sovereignty inside a borderless North American Union. As hispanic immigration has increased, we've seen the kind of corruption and election fraud that occurs in the latin american countries we are receiving massive immigration from.

if most [Mexicans] were lawful, loyal and productive Americans who respected our laws and didn't act like a separate nation within our nation, I would have no problem with that. (...) In your anti-American wet dream of a hispanicized America, the United States will cease to exist.

Hispanics are expected to reach 25% (double the already high numbers) by 2040.

And yet you don't see that as an invasion. It is a formula for balkanization and separatism. It is national suicide.

Koreans, Phillipinos, Chinese and India. These I would gladly welcome over more Mexicans

These hispanics, whether legal or illegal, are a hostile anti-American force within the United States, that acts against our national interests.

to confuse the public into increasingly supporting globalism and a North American Union movement, supported by rampant immigration, and hispanic groups that see the U.S. Constitution as a "transitional document", in a movement toward dissolution of the United States, and as a stage toward that, Mexicanizing and separatist nationalism for the Mexicanized Southwest.

Although there is a hostility against whites that is prevalent in the black community, that contributes to a higher incidence of black-on-white crime, of liberal propaganda [myths of white-on-black violence that perpetuate the EXACT REVERSE of the truth] that contributes to black rage boiling over.

William Shockley (...) put forth a theory that blacks are genetically inferior to whites and other races.

But for politically correct reasons, Shockley's theories are shunned by the global science community. Not because his theories are disproven, but that for reasons of controversy, they are pejudicially not even considered. A similar theory came out in a book titled The Bell Curve in the early 1990's. (...) saying racists are less intelligent is just another way to slander a group of people whose ideas you don't like. Something liberals are very good at.

Answer:

Warning, Spoiler:
None of them.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Mxy, you are obsessive in your need to slander me.

I'll go through them.

as we have an increasingly large non-European population, we run the risk of having our culture, and our Democratic government itself, at risk of being overwhelmed by non-European interests. Such as La Raza. Such as loss of sovereignty inside a borderless North American Union. As hispanic immigration has increased, we've seen the kind of corruption and election fraud that occurs in the latin american countries we are receiving massive immigration from.

I fail to see the racism in my remark. That is a pure statement of fact. That while I welcome immigrants from everywhere who want to be American, learn english, assimilate and become a productive taxpaying part of our culture, it is a simple fact that hispanic immigrants, particularly from Mexico, central America and the Caribbean, tend to have lower ratios of high school graduation and higher training, have higher incidence of gang membership, crime, incarceration, and welfare use.

It is logical, based on pure performance and not racial considerations, to conclude exactly what I said.

if most [Mexicans] were lawful, loyal and productive Americans who respected our laws and didn't act like a separate nation within our nation, I would have no problem with that. (...) In your anti-American wet dream of a hispanicized America, the United States will cease to exist.

Again, the demographics of Mexican immigration to the U.S. Southwestern states, 60% of illegal immigrants are Mecican, the Cinco De Mayo parades under MEXICAN (not American) flags, and the radical pan-Mexican groups who say they are "taking back" the U.S. Southwest, a Los Angeles mayor (Vilaraigossa) who is an unrepentant member of MEChA, and many other treasonous Mexican separatist movements with hundreds of high school and college chapters nationwide, it's again not "racist" to view with suspicion a group of immigrants who cling to foreign nationalism and a clear hostility toward the American mainstream (i.e., "Gringos")

Hispanics are expected to reach 25% (double the already high numbers) by 2040.

And yet you don't see that as an invasion. It is a formula for balkanization and separatism. It is national suicide.

That, again, is a statement of fact.

Made all the more clear by the breakaway republics of Kosovo and Macedonia in the last 10 years, because they did not discourage immigration into Serbian provinces that have now taken over their lands.
And similar balkanization in Quebec/Canada, Scotland/United Kingdom, Czech/Slovakia, Flemish/Belgium, Chechnya/Russia, and many other balkanized states on the brink of separatissm.

Why would we NOT discourage that in the U.S., and preserve the Republic?

Koreans, Phillipinos, Chinese and India. These I would gladly welcome over more Mexicans

For non-racist and purely demographic evidence of which nationalities would best assimilate, pursue higher education, and be productive U.S. citizens.

These hispanics, whether legal or illegal, are a hostile anti-American force within the United States, that acts against our national interests.

That is just a statement of fact. Legal hispanics who lobby for, hide and otherwise enable illegal immigration and work against the interests of the United States and its citizens, act as enemies of the nation.

to confuse the public into increasingly supporting globalism and a North American Union movement, supported by rampant immigration, and hispanic groups that see the U.S. Constitution as a "transitional document", in a movement toward dissolution of the United States, and as a stage toward that, Mexicanizing and separatist nationalism for the Mexicanized Southwest.

That doesn't sound like my wording accurately quoted. But regardless, I again speaak only of a group working against the national interest, not excluding anyone based on their race. Only on their ideological/political foreign loyalty that makes them a threat to the United States, and therefore undesireable.

Although there is a hostility against whites that is prevalent in the black community, that contributes to a higher incidence of black-on-white crime, of liberal propaganda [myths of white-on-black violence that perpetuate the EXACT REVERSE of the truth] that contributes to black rage boiling over.

In this quote I primarily discuss liberal media bias that creates the false phantom of exaggerated white racism toward blacks, when statistics (from the U.S. justice dept, that I've quoted many times) show the reverse of what the liberal media portrays: that black-on-white race-motivated attacks occcur at a ratio of 50-to-1 of the reverse.

So by the medi portraying exaggerated coverage of white-on-black attacks, they are --based on falsely disproportionate reporting of the truth-- stoking the anger of blacks toward whites, and creating greater black racism toward whites.

William Shockley (...) put forth a theory that blacks are genetically inferior to whites and other races.

But for politically correct reasons, Shockley's theories are shunned by the global science community. Not because his theories are disproven, but that for reasons of controversy, they are pejudicially not even considered. A similar theory came out in a book titled The Bell Curve in the early 1990's. (...) saying racists are less intelligent is just another way to slander a group of people whose ideas you don't like. Something liberals are very good at.

Shockley is a Nobel prize-winning scientist who created the transistor circuit (replacing vacuum tubes and making modern computers and the personal computers we are both typing on possible.)
I didn't say that I agree with Shockley, only that he presented an argument that was dismissively ignored for reasons of pure political correctness.
The same way anyone who even questions if homosexuality is not inborn, but possibly learned or an obsessive disorder are ignored and scorned.
The same way that about 10% of scientists who challenge global warming theory are ignored and scorned.

Because flat-earth liberals won't even allow these theories to be objectively examined and debated, we don't know whether these alternative theories are true or not. The Left's holy war on progress, that anything enshrined by the Left to be true cannot be objectively examined. And any who try will be demonized and shunned from the professional liberal-dominated community.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Hey, I've got a new one!

I didn't say that I agree with Shockley, only that he presented an argument that was dismissively ignored for reasons of pure political correctness.
The same way anyone who even questions if homosexuality is not inborn, but possibly learned or an obsessive disorder are ignored and scorned.
The same way that about 10% of scientists who challenge global warming theory are ignored and scorned.

Because flat-earth liberals won't even allow these theories to be objectively examined and debated, we don't know whether these alternative theories are true or not. The Left's holy war on progress, that anything enshrined by the Left to be true cannot be objectively examined. And any who try will be demonized and shunned from the professional liberal-dominated community.

Again, he's talking about, in his own words, "a theory that blacks are genetically inferior to whites and other races."

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
When I read that article about Shockley, I remember thinking how different the situation would be if his hypothesis were reversed. Most non-ethnically white groups would accept it as an interesting medical factoid and white people probably wouldn't say anything regardless of their feelings.

In reality though, his claim was the standard routine of the left to say that we're genetically predisposed to our characters. But since that position turned out to bite them in the ass in this instance, they cried foul and invalidated the claim by virtue of being offended. The irony was delicious.

Link Copied to Clipboard