Next Thread
Print Thread
PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
They are soon to announce the winner between Madrid and Rio.....Rio should win.

But there are uncomfirmed reports now that up to 300 dead IOC members, Mickey Mouse and Paul Newman have still yet to vote and will be voting for Chicago so this may not be over yet!

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/02/co...-is-eliminated/

click on that link to laugh your ass off......it is a CNN host in total disbelief that Obama lost out.

also go to drudgereport.com for some funny ass headlines..... like "the ego has landed" Chicago loses out on 2016 bid.

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
Rio won! However, Al Gore and his legal team from 2000 are flying to Denmark as we speak and plan to fully contest all ballots with hanging chads!

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
somebody should check on MEM and Ray Adler....I don't know how much more Obama failure they can take.

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP
In advance of Obama's arrival, Mrs. Obama did some high-powered lobbying for Chicago. The first lady has been in Copenhagen since Wednesday, holding one-on-one meetings with IOC members.

"I'm sure you'd all agree that she's a pretty big selling point," the president told his audience.

How is she a "selling point"? She is an inarticulate, angry, america hater.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
it is a CNN host in total disbelief that Obama lost out.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Rio won!

Good choice. Shemales galore.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
\:lol\:

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
Yeah, I'm not surprised. Obama has been on his 8 month apology tour telling the world how bad the US is...no wonder they wouldn't want it here.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Clearly the olympic people are racist.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
The IOC hates black people and Chicago was the best city for hosting the Olympics this year.

-Kanye

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
That fucking pussy on CNN sounded like he was going to cry...

"Chicago is OUT?"

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I can't get enough of the chicago crowd reaction. Some douchebag senator is saying its all bushes fault. This shit is more entertaining than the actual olympics will ever be.

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
This is the best day of my life.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

But there are unconfirmed reports now that up to 300 dead IOC members, Mickey Mouse and Paul Newman have still yet to vote and will be voting for Chicago so this may not be over yet!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Glacier16
Yeah, I'm not surprised. Obama has been on his 8 month apology tour telling the world how bad the US is...no wonder they wouldn't want it here.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Calm down people! Calm down! the One is still all powerful all knowing!

I have been perusing the news this evening and apparently the world is still not over Bush and this was more a statement on Bush than Obama.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
What I love about this is that it is one of those moments that shows you just who Obama is. Five hours in Copenhagen with a little over an hour spent trying to sell the IOC on Chicago and TWENTY-FIVE minutes talking to General McChrystal for the SECOND TIME about the continuing deterioration of the Afghan War effort and the War on Terror in general. That, my friends, is change we can believe in!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I think Michelle's lack of sensitivity that might have cost us the Olympics:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/10/chicago-olympics-michelle-obama.html

Quote:
MRS. OBAMA: President Rogge, ladies and gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs of the International Olympic Committee: I am honored to be here.
I was born and raised on Chicago's South Side, not far from where the Games would open and close. Ours was a neighborhood of working families -- families with modest homes and strong values.

Sports were what brought our community together. They strengthen our ties to one another.

Growing up, when I played games with the kids in my neighborhood, we picked sides based not on who you were, but what you could bring to the game. Sports taught me self-confidence, teamwork, and how to compete as an equal.

Sports were a gift I shared with my dad -- especially the Olympic Games.

Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad's lap, cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis, and others for their brilliance and perfection. Like so many young people, I was inspired. I found myself dreaming that maybe, just maybe, if I worked hard enough, I, too, could achieve something great.

Geez she was twenty when Carl Lewis was in the Olympics and her Dad was fifty years old. It had to kill his legs sitting there.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Wow...that sounded...incestuous...

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber

But there are unconfirmed reports now that up to 300 dead IOC members, Mickey Mouse and Paul Newman have still yet to vote and will be voting for Chicago so this may not be over yet!

Thank You. I would have been upset if not one of you acknowledged that joke. I made myself crack up for an hour today thinking of that.

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/10/chicago-olympics-michelle-obama.html

Quote:
MRS. OBAMA: President Rogge, ladies and gentlemen, Mesdames et Messieurs of the International Olympic Committee: I am honored to be here.
I was born and raised on Chicago's South Side, not far from where the Games would open and close. Ours was a neighborhood of working families -- families with modest homes and strong values.

Sports were what brought our community together. They strengthen our ties to one another.

Growing up, when I played games with the kids in my neighborhood, we picked sides based not on who you were, but what you could bring to the game. Sports taught me self-confidence, teamwork, and how to compete as an equal.

Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad's lap, cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis, and others for their brilliance and perfection. Like so many young people, I was inspired. I found myself dreaming that maybe, just maybe, if I worked hard enough, I, too, could achieve something great.

Geez she was twenty when Carl Lewis was in the Olympics and her Dad was fifty years old. It had to kill his legs sitting there.
she's a big bitch. her nasty ass feet are like skis.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

Thank You. I would have been upset if not one of you acknowledged that joke. I made myself crack up for an hour today thinking of that.

i worked a twelve hour 3rd shift last night, that was the first thing I read after waking up so thank you PJP!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2009/10/02/obama-heads-denmark-lobby-olympics/

Quote:
President Obama's failure to grab gold in his personal quest to send the 2016 Olympics to Chicago was a stunning setback for a president who has enjoyed a pop star reception abroad.

But Obama's stumble may cost him more than the $1.2 million of taxpayer money to make the overnight dash from Washington to Copenhagen.

Obama and first lady Michelle Obama risked their political capital and the prestige of the presidency on an enormous Olympic campaign that resulted in an early exit for Chicago and the top prize going to Rio de Janeiro.

After returning to Washington, Obama said he wished he had come back with better news on the Olympics but congratulated Brazil and thanked everyone who worked on Chicago's bid.

"I'm proud I was able to come in and help make the case in person," he said from the White House. "I believe it's always a worthwhile endeavor to promote and boost the United States of America and invite the world to see what we're all about."

But critics immediately decried Obama's visit to Copenhagen, the first time a U.S. president made such an in-person appeal.

"It demeans the office," said GOP consultant Brad Blakeman, a former Bush administration official. "For the president to be reduced to the effect of the Billy Mays pitchman for the United States to get the Olympics for his home city of Chicago is just not something that presidents do."

Blakeman said Obama spent more time wooing International Olympic Committee officials than he did in his meeting with Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the top commander in Afghanistan, before returning to Washington.

"His priorities are screwed up and the American people are seeing that this president just doesn't get the effects and importance of governing," Blakeman told FOX News.

Instead of making a personal appearance, Blakeman said Obama should have sent a delegation led by the first lady and the mayor of Chicago.

"But it does not warrant the participation of the president of the United States, especially when we didn't get the games," he said. "It puts his prestige on the line and we're rebuffed by a bunch...of thugs steeped in fraud and abuse and the president lowered his high office by doing this."

The White House expressed no regret about Obama's effort.

"There was never any guarantee. All the bids were strong; we knew that," senior White House adviser David Axelrod told FOX News minutes after Chicago was eliminated.

"This president was proud to go and represent our country and make the case for the U.S. and make the case for Chicago," he said. "He'd do it again if he had a chance. We're disappointed it didn't work out but life goes on."

Chicago's elimination was one of the most shocking defeats in IOC voting history. It had long been seen as a front-runner and got the highest possible level of support -- from the president of the United States himself.

But the emotional appeals from Obama and his wife Michelle -- they both flew to Copenhagen to fight in Chicago's corner -- fell on deaf ears in the European-dominated IOC. The IOC's last two experiences in the United States were bad: the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics were sullied by a bribery scandal and logistical problems and a bombing hit the 1996 Games in Atlanta.

"I urge you to choose Chicago for the same reasons I chose Chicago nearly 25 years ago -- the reasons I fell in love with the city I still call home," Obama told members of the International Olympic Committee, many of whom he later mingled with as some snapped photos of him on their cell phones.

"And if you do -- if we walk this path together -- then I promise you this: The city of Chicago and the United States of America will make the world proud," the president said.

Chicago, Rio de Janeiro, Madrid and Tokyo made their cases to the IOC for more than a year, with many IOC members believed to be undecided as late as Friday night.

By the time the winning bid was announced, the Obamas were back on a plane to Washington.

The president's whirlwind trip put him in the Danish capital for less than five hours Friday, with Chicago-backers hoping that would be sufficient to give Obama's adopted home town the advantage it needed to win the close, four-way race to become the host city of the 2016 Summer Games.

But the compressed time frame did not shield Obama from Republican criticism that he shouldn't be hopscotching to Europe in Air Force One when there were so many pressing issues to deal with at home.

Both Obamas spoke on deeply personal terms about Chicago, the city at the center of the world's spotlight so many times, including in November when the former Illinois senator won the White House. The president described Chicago as a city of diversity and warmth, a place where he finally found a home.

"It's a city that works, from its first World's Fair more than a century ago to the World Cup we hosted in the nineties," Obama said. "We know how to put on big events."

For all the anticipation surrounding Obama's appearance in Copenhagen, his arrival at the IOC meeting was decidedly subdued.

The 100-plus committee members, who had already been warned not show bias during the presentations, sat silently as the Obamas walked into the Bella Center with the rest of 12-member Chicago delegation.

Michelle Obama gave a passionate account of what the games would mean to her father, who taught her as a girl how to throw punches better than the boys. She spoke fondly of growing up on the South Side of Chicago, sitting on her father's lap and cheering on Olympic athletes.

The president anchored the U.S. charm offensive,referencing his own election as a moment when people from around the world gathered in Chicago to see the results last November and celebrate that "our diversity could be a source of strength."

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
People from around the world gathered in chicago to celebrate his election \:lol\:

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts

i worked a twelve hour 3rd shift last night, that was the first thing I read after waking up so thank you PJP!

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
I could have thought of better ways to spend 1.2 million.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Hookers and gin.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I reallize many conservatives are still bitter about Obama winning the election but being happy over another country getting the olympics over us? That's pretty sad.

Fair play!
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
I disagree. As a fiscal conservative I think it is great that Brazil has to spend those millions of dollars for setting up and hosting the Olympics and the continued expense of maintaining all of the built/renovated buildings and areas where the events are held. Look at the financial drain that hosting the Olympics creates (especially in the cases of Sydney and Montreal). Those places lose millions a year on upkeep. We're in the middle of recession. Why not use all of those funds and the savings we would've had had Obama not made this a personal mission to help continue funding unemployment or a public work or, I dunno, paying down our national debt rather than spend it in hopes of getting an event that will lead to MORE debt.

Just sayin'

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
Hookers and Gin MEM....... Hookers and Gin.

Plus having the olympics here is nothing but a waste of money and tons of trouble. Let the Euro Trash and Brazilians fight over it.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who said we were happy over another country winning? I couldn't care less, I just like watching chicago turn into one giant twilight cosplay fest.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
MEM we are in the middle of a recession and record deficits by the Obama administration. the last thing we need is to spend billion and billions of our kids money to host games. Greece is still in the hole from their last Olympics, the economic impact does not outweigh the investment, its actually the opposite.

you got to admit its funny watching the liberal cheerleader anchors cry over this dont you?

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
I would like to thank the CNN anchor for many weeks of laughter still to come. What a fucking vagina.

Not only is Greece still in the hole....Montreal just finished paying off the 1976 games last year.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
the President of the United States should never go begging anyways. the greatest country in the free world should not lower itself in that manner. It's very unbecoming.

PJP Offline OP
We already are
15000+ posts
OP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
The rest of the world went from being envious of us and fearing us to mocking us laughing at us and plotting our demise now with President Hussein leading the Great Apology/No Balls Tour.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

Quote:

she's a big bitch. her nasty ass feet are like skis.

ewwwwwwww she has ass feet?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2009-10-02-chicago-local-reaction_N.htm

Quote:
Gaines said the IOC vote may have represented, in part, a "political hangover of the previous eight years" of American policy under President Bush, a sentiment Jackson endorsed. Both added America's international standing is improving under President Obama.

Kent Redfield, political science professor at University of Illinois-Springfield, said "Obama is personally very popular internationally, but the U.S. as a country is still suffering the fallout of eight years of the cowboy foreign policy under Bush. Any acting out of negative feelings" by the IOC "is more a repudiation of the U.S.'s image and standing in the world, which Obama is trying to repair."

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
What I love about this is that it is one of those moments that shows you just who Obama is. Five hours in Copenhagen with a little over an hour spent trying to sell the IOC on Chicago and TWENTY-FIVE minutes talking to General McChrystal for the SECOND TIME about the continuing deterioration of the Afghan War effort and the War on Terror in general. That, my friends, is change we can believe in!

Great point, about Obama's insanely warped priorities, in flying to Copenhagen to court an Olympic Committee, just to bring the games to Chicago.

Meanwhile, Obama's focus should be on turning the tide on a war we are dangerously close to losing, according to the commanding general, McChrystal himself, who Obama should be consulting daily, and instead gives the lowest priority to.

Simultaneously, some black gang-members were rioting in Chicago, and murdered some black honor student, bludgeoning him to death with a railroad tie. In Obama's home town, no less, and Obama can't even be bothered to comment on it.

The attempt to bring the Olympics to Chicago was all a corrupt political payback to Mayor Daly of Chicago, and to other political cronies who got Obama to where he is now.
If this were not about the Annointed One, a democrat, and were instead George W. Bush flying to Copenhagen for this at the taxpayers' expense, the corruptness of it all, the warped priorities, the callousness to a black honor student's senseless death in his hometown, would all be headline news for the remainder of his presidency.
If not for the partisan Obama-adoring media, this would be regarded the way Hurricane Katrina was for Bush. Although the ironies of Obama's trip to Copenhagen far exceed the ironies surrounding Katrina.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.

Link Copied to Clipboard