Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA
I can think for myself. Always have, but in the last few years I sought out different viewpoints and have matured.

So simply because I choose to keep the same viewpoint I've always had, that means I haven't "matured."

But because you underwent a token change of perspective, that makes you more enlightened....

Wow. You've really gone full retard.

What's worse here is that you probably don't agree with MEM about a great deal of stuff, but you hold back your criticism for whatever he has to say so as to not make it look like you're actually more in alignment with G-man's and Bsams' positions.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: Irwin Schwab

Rep. Robert Brady, D-Pennsylvania, said he will introduce legislation making it a federal crime for a person to use language or symbols that could be perceived as threatening or inciting violence against a Member of Congress or federal official.

Wow. The attempts to quash opposing viewpoints didn't take long.

Given the left's very broad definitions of "hate" and "racism" I can easily envision something as simple as urging "removal" of a politician from office will constitute a threat.

Brady is making a mistake if he introduces such a bill. I don't think the motive is to quash opposing viewpoints but that's what I would be afraid it could turn into.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
I can think for myself. Always have, but in the last few years I sought out different viewpoints and have matured.

So simply because I choose to keep the same viewpoint I've always had, that means I haven't "matured."

But because you underwent a token change of perspective, that makes you more enlightened....

What's worse here is that you probably don't agree with MEM about a great deal of stuff, but you hold back your criticism for whatever he has to say so as to not make it look like you're actually more in alignment with G-man's and Bsams' positions.

Conservatives on this board are almost borg like in how much they agree and don't fight with each other. G-man and bsams are practically going steady. Quit licking their butts and try standing on your own Pariah.

Fair play!
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

You certainly decided to "choose" alright.

At least you're honest about being stubborn and not budging.

Kind of like reading a script online, and making the judgment that a movie must suck, despite never seeing it, or however that foolishness went.

Quote:

Quote:

So if I disagree with left-wing MEM, that means I am "more in alignment" with the right-wing G-shills?

You really don't get it at all, do you?

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
never go full retard.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
never go full Pariah.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
yeah. that was brilliant. you're easier than MEM.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I have to wonder if liberal signs like this prompted the violence:

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
yeah. that was brilliant. you're easier than MEM.

Not as brilliant as claiming that Mein Kampf is liberal reading material, of course.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

Liberals just got the O'Reilly bitchslapped.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Obama's language during the campaign is kind of chilling considering recent events:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0608/Obama_brings_a_gun_to_a_knife_fight.html

Quote:
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia last night. “Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

MEM, you mentioned rhetoric that leads to violence. Is this what you were talking about?

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Wow, I didn't know Obama has a tough guy side to him. I'm assuming there were no Muslims in the crowd he addressed.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Otherwise we would have been all "You are all beautiful people. I have brought cupcakes."

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
\:lol\:

it's funny cuz it's true!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You certainly decided to "choose" alright.

At least you're honest about being stubborn and not budging.

Kind of like reading a script online, and making the judgment that a movie must suck, despite never seeing it, or however that foolishness went.

I don't need to take poison to know it's gonna kill me. Just like I don't need to change positions on an issue just to convince myself that I'm being objective.

Quote:
So if I disagree with left-wing MEM, that means I am "more in alignment" with the right-wing G-shills?

You really don't get it at all, do you?

I get it just fine. Currently, this is your mentality; as long as G-man and Bsams keep hitting your sore spot (see also: unions), MEM is going to get a free pass on everything he says whether you agree with it or not because you don't want to inadvertently strengthen their positions in an argument.

It's retarded, I agree. But that's just your current MO.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Quote:
Arizona shooting suspect may be linked to anti-Semitic group
From: NewsCore January 10, 2011 12:41AM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these? THE suspect being held over Saturday's shooting of US Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords may have links to anti-Semitic race hate group American Renaissance.

An internal Department of Homeland Security (DHS) memo quoted by FOX News Channel revealed the gunman - named by the media as Jared Loughner, 22 - is "possibly linked" to American Renaissance.

The group subscribes to an ideology that is "anti-government, anti-immigration, anti -ZOG (Zionist Occupational Government), anti-Semitic," according to the DHS memo.

Giffords "is the first Jewish female elected to such a high position in the US government. She was also opposite this group's ideology when it came to immigration debate," the note said.

The suspect's mother works the Pima County Board of Supervisors in Arizona, the briefing added.

heraldsun.com

This group sounds far right to me.

I took the time to look up this group.

From What I can see, American Rennaissance is completely misrepresented, apparently by local police investigating who credited themselves as part of Homeland Security.
The managing editor says the site is "not anti semitic, not anti-government, and has never used the term ZOG [Zionist Occupation Government], and that there are 20 years of monthly issues [in print and online] to back this up."

He further says that he had previously never heard of or met Jared Loughner, that Loughner is not a website member, has never registered for an American Rennaisance conference, and that there is not even any evidence that Loughner has ever even visited the American Rennaissance website.

He says Homeland Security investigators first leaked the story to CNN, and then Fox News got the story false too, that Loughner "belonged to a right-wing organization", and then Fox News picked up the story too without verifying it (he specifically blames reporter Jennifer Griffin), and from there many liberals (including Juan Williams) reported that it's been verified that Loughner had connections to a right-wing website, when Loughner actually didn't.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
You should know you fucked up when you're on the same page as WB.

The group in question is so anti-immigration it resembles nothing that Giffords supports.

What mythical group are you talking about? You've been slandering Sarah Palin and the Tea Party for 6 pages now, are you suddenly backpedalling and shifting your accusation onto another group?

I was referring to the American Renasiance group. Saying I slandered Palin is a lie. There isn't even an implication by me that she was directly involved in the assanination attempt.

Who the fuck is "American Renaisance Group" ?!?

And you've implied if not stated that right-wing political opposition rhetoric is to blame for the Giffords shooting. (Despite that the kid, if not just insane or politically confused, has been described by others who knew him as "left leaning".)

I'm content to chalk it up to pure craziness and not assign political blame. But my points are :

1) If blame is to be assigned, this guy has described by those who knew him as left-leaning, and attributing it to conservative rhetoric is pure and unfounded slander

and

2) Democrats and the leftist media have a habit of trying to pin every random shooting like this on conservatives.

Go back and reread, I mention the group on page 6 or 7 of this thread. Is your accusation of slander based on anything I actually posted? The few people that said they knew him at all say they fell out of touch with him and that he had drastically changed. Your second point is purely your very own biased opinion.

If by "purely [my] very own biased opinion" you mean backed by many examples, you would be correct.

See today's comments by Bill O'Reilly, Bernard Goldberg, Dick Morris, Tammy Bruce, Bob Beckel and many others.

Or just look at the partisan unedited video of lying sacks of excrement like the police chief quoted above, Charles Rangel, Carol Mosely Braun, Dick Durbin and others, and today's editorial in the New York Times, as they tried to do exactly what I described.

NONE of which require any conservative commentary to manifest the weaselly exploitation of this shooting by Democrats and the liberal media to slander the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, and conservative Republicans as a whole.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
The only way to properly state your opinion about an issue is to copy and paste the words of someone else.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
The only way to properly state your opinion about an issue is to copy and paste the words of someone else.

The issue is whether Loughner actually belonged to a right wing group, and was inspired by that.

I posted quoted source material to disprove what was alleged.

Not that you really care beyond taking a shot at me, rex.
Rex fails again.

By the way, I didn't "copy and paste" anything in my last post.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/10/opinion/10krugman.html?_r=1&ref=paulkrugman

Quote:
CLIMATE OF HATE
By Paul Krugman
January 9, 2011

When you heard the terrible news from Arizona, were you completely surprised? Or were you, at some level, expecting something like this atrocity to happen?

Put me in the latter category. I’ve had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach ever since the final stages of the 2008 campaign. I remembered the upsurge in political hatred after Bill Clinton’s election in 1992 — an upsurge that culminated in the Oklahoma City bombing. And you could see, just by watching the crowds at McCain-Palin rallies, that it was ready to happen again.
The Department of Homeland Security reached the same conclusion: in April 2009 an internal report warned that right-wing extremism was on the rise, with a growing potential for violence.

Conservatives denounced that report. But there has, in fact, been a rising tide of threats and vandalism aimed at elected officials, including both Judge John Roll, who was killed Saturday, and Representative Gabrielle Giffords.
One of these days, someone was bound to take it to the next level. And now someone has.

It’s true that the shooter in Arizona appears to have been mentally troubled. But that doesn’t mean that his act can or should be treated as an isolated event, having nothing to do with the national climate.

Last spring Politico.com reported on a surge in threats against members of Congress, which were already up by 300 percent.

A number of the people making those threats had a history of mental illness — but something about the current state of America has been causing far more disturbed people than before to act out their illness by threatening, or actually engaging in, political violence.

And there’s not much question what has changed. As Clarence Dupnik, the sheriff responsible for dealing with the Arizona shootings, put it, it’s “the vitriolic rhetoric that we hear day in and day out from people in the radio business and some people in the TV business.” The vast majority of those who listen to that toxic rhetoric stop short of actual violence, but some, inevitably, cross that line.

It’s important to be clear here about the nature of our sickness. It’s not a general lack of “civility,” the favorite term of pundits who want to wish away fundamental policy disagreements. Politeness may be a virtue, but there’s a big difference between bad manners and calls, explicit or implicit, for violence; insults aren’t the same as incitement.

The point is that there’s room in a democracy for people who ridicule and denounce those who disagree with them; there isn’t any place for eliminationist rhetoric, for suggestions that those on the other side of a debate must be removed from that debate by whatever means necessary.

And it’s the saturation of our political discourse — and especially our airwaves — with eliminationist rhetoric that lies behind the rising tide of violence.

Where’s that toxic rhetoric coming from? Let’s not make a false pretense of balance: it’s coming, overwhelmingly, from the right. It’s hard to imagine a Democratic member of Congress urging constituents to be “armed and dangerous” without being ostracized [ \:lol\: The Democrat in West Virginia who ran a commercial in 2010 about "setting [his] sights on Cap and Trade" (packing hunting rifle in commercial?) --WB] ; but Representative Michele Bachmann, who did just that, is a rising star in the G.O.P.

And there’s a huge contrast in the media. Listen to Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann, and you’ll hear a lot of caustic remarks and mockery aimed at Republicans. But you won’t hear jokes about shooting government officials or beheading a journalist at The Washington Post
[ Gee, I remember a lot of pundits from the W. Bush years forward wishing Republicans were dead, just for their political views. And Nena Totenberg of NPR hoping that Dick Cheney and/or members of his family would die of AIDS for not wanting more money for AIDS research. Or that actress at the White House Press Dinner wishing Rush Limbaugh would die of colon cancer. Or... --WB].
Listen to Glenn Beck or Bill O’Reilly, and you will. [ I watch both regularly and have never heard that done, except when each is twisted out of context. --WB]

Of course, the likes of Mr. Beck and Mr. O’Reilly are responding to popular demand. Citizens of other democracies may marvel at the American psyche, at the way efforts by mildly liberal presidents to expand health coverage are met with cries of tyranny and talk of armed resistance. Still, that’s what happens whenever a Democrat occupies the White House, and there’s a market for anyone willing to stoke that anger. [Uhhh... William Ayers, Jeff Jones, Squeaky Fromme, Hinckley, several attempts in the Bush years... damn Krugman's got a short --and selective-- memory. --WB]

But even if hate is what many want to hear, that doesn’t excuse those who pander to that desire. They should be shunned by all decent people. [Unless of course it's vitriolic hate from the Left. In which case... hey, it's just free speech! Even if it's movies, plays, and comic books portraying the assassination of George W. Bush, claiming he's a war criminal and a babykiller, and that he orchestrated the 9-11 terrorism. Because he's an idiot. AND an evil genius! Or less elaborately, just wishing W. and Cheney were dead. Not just grassroots crazies, but mainstream beltway reporters. --WB]

Unfortunately, that hasn’t been happening: the purveyors of hate have been treated with respect, even deference, by the G.O.P. establishment. As David Frum, the former Bush speechwriter, has put it, “Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we’re discovering we work for Fox.” [One guy. And the notion is absurd. No one else in the GOP or Fox News believes this. --WB]

So will the Arizona massacre make our discourse less toxic? It’s really up to G.O.P. leaders. Will they accept the reality of what’s happening to America, and take a stand against eliminationist rhetoric? Or will they try to dismiss the massacre as the mere act of a deranged individual, and go on as before? [Before you try to remove the splinter from Republican eyes, Mr Krugman, first remove the plank from your own eye. It is Republicans, not Democrats, who cannot appear at a bookstore or university speaking appearance without being threatened or shouted off the stage. --WB]

If Arizona promotes some real soul-searching, it could prove a turning point. If it doesn’t, Saturday’s atrocity will be just the beginning.
[Would that Krugman believed his condescending advice applied to him and his liberal brethren as well. --WB]

A version of this op-ed appeared in print on January 10, 2011, on page A21 of the New York edition.

Paul Krugman is as disconnected from reality as Jared Loughner.

As several have pointed out, Krugman wrote this column about 2 hours after Giffords and the others were shot, way before any of the facts were known. And the knwn facts don't support what he says about this being inspired by "toxic rhetoric coming from the right".

But you don't hear Krugman, Joe Klein, Michael Moore, or any other angry voices from the Left setting the record straight, now that the facts are known of Loughner's dimentia and Leftist leanings now, do you?

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
there may be a less sinister political reason the Arizona Sheriff is trying to blame free speech for the massacre, apparently he dropped the ball on Loughner, this is more an act of self preservation by the Sheriff according to this article:

http://thechollajumps.wordpress.com/2011...dupniks-office/

Quote:
This is the report that Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik has been dreading since the tragic event on Saturday January 8.

The sheriff has been editorializing and politicizing the event since he took the podium to report on the incident. His blaming of radio personalities and bloggers is a pre-emptive strike because Mr. Dupnik knows this tragedy lays at his feet and his office. Six people died on his watch and he could have prevented it. He needs to step up and start apologizing to the families of the victims instead of spinning this event to serve his own political agenda.

Jared Loughner, pronounced by the Sheriff as Lock-ner, saying it was the Polish pronunciation. Of course he meant Scott or Irish but that isn’t the point. The point is he and his office have had previous contact with the alleged assailant in the past and that is how he knows how to pronounce the name.

Jared Loughner has been making death threats by phone to many people in Pima County including staff of Pima Community College, radio personalities and local bloggers. When Pima County Sheriff’s Office was informed, his deputies assured the victims that he was being well managed by the mental health system. It was also suggested that further pressing of charges would be unnecessary and probably cause more problems than it solved as Jared Loughner has a family member that works for Pima County. Amy Loughner is a Natural Resource specialist for the Pima County Parks and Recreation. My sympathies and my heart goes out to her and the rest of Mr. Loughner’s family. This tragedy must be tearing them up inside wondering if they had done the right things in trying to manage Jared’s obvious mental instability.

Every victim of his threats previously must also be wondering if this tragedy could have been prevented if they had been more aggressive in pursuing charges against Mr. Loughner. Perhaps with a felony conviction he would never have been able to lawfully by the Glock 9mm Model 19 that he used to strike down the lives of six people and decimate 14 more.

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Counting down the minutes until the partisan left blames Sarah Palin and/or the Tea Party in three...two...

You say that as if the partisan left is the only side that does this sort of thing.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You came back just to say "a republican did it first"?

We already have MEM for that.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins
Counting down the minutes until the partisan left blames Sarah Palin and/or the Tea Party in three...two...

You say that as if the partisan left is the only side that does this sort of thing.

That's really stretching it.

I see endless examples where mainstream Democrats and the far left take words out of context and really strain to put words of Glenn Beck, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh in a context that "might" inspire some right-leaning crazy to violence. Except that it hasn't.

And simultaneously, I see both mainstream Democrats and the far-left crazies ignore the ACTUAL VIOLENCE, harrassment, intimidation and suppression of free speech by those who share their liberal beliefs.
Beating up Tea Party members at town hall meetings. Actual shooting and other violent attempts to silence conservative dissent. Shouting down their opposition with chanting crowds to prevent conservatives from speaking at scheduled public speaking events.

There is never a rush to judgement by liberals. Unless the person being judged is a conservative.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Y'know, if liberals citing Glenn Beck as "toxic rhetoric that inspires violence" ever actually watched his show, they'd see Beck saying at every turn of Obama and the Dems ramming through their agenda: "I know you're angry and feel powerless to stop this power-grab, but don't do anything violent. That's what they WANT you to do, they're deliberately provoking you. If you do it, you're just playing into their hands and giving them even more power..."
Beck promotes peaceful protest and overturning Obama/Reid/Pelosi's power grab through the rule of law. (And that overturn largely happened in Nov 2010.)

Yeah, that Beck. What a crazy violence inciting nut.

Meanwhile you have Van Jones, Anita Dunn, Ron Bloom, Mark Lloyd and others in Obama's administration or closely coordinating with them from the outside, quoting Chairman Mao, and openly talking about violent revolution. ("Bottom up, top down, inside out") Along with armies of ACORN and SEIU thugs, whose examples of previous violence can easily be pulled up on Youtube. But God forbid the liberal media should actually report this ACTUAL violence.
They're too busy hyping the POTENTIAL violence of conservatives who haven't hurt anyone.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Y'know, if liberals citing Glenn Beck as "toxic rhetoric that inspires violence" ever actually watched his show, they'd see Beck saying at every turn of Obama and the Dems ramming through their agenda: "I know you're angry and feel powerless to stop this power-grab, but don't do anything violent. That's what they WANT you to do, they're deliberately provoking you. If you do it, you're just playing into their hands and giving them even more power..."
Beck promotes peaceful protest and overturning Obama/Reid/Pelosi's power grab through the rule of law. (And that overturn largely happened in Nov 2010.)

I gave up on listening to Beck for more than five minutes about the time of the big rally, largely I couldn't stand the crying and Jesus talk.

But, yeah, WB's right. Beck, for all his flaws, was (and presumably is) very, very, vocal against violence.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Geez...

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/10/the-impact-on-obama-s-presidency.html

Jon Alter of NEWSWEEK, in the same mentality of Rahm Emmanuel's "Never let a crisis go to waste" advocates that Obama follow a page from the playbook of Bill Clinton in 1995, and blame Rush Limbaugh and the broader base of conservative talk.

Quote:

Clinton did more than just speak movingly after Oklahoma City and pull the country together as griever-in-chief. He was able to use the event to discredit the militia movement and tamp down hate speech on talk radio enough that it wasn't much of a factor in his 1996 reelection. The Oklahoma City bombings were later seen by historians and Clinton-era officials as the turning point in his political comeback. Of course the viciousness of the attacks eventually resumed (especially after the Lewinsky scandal) but they weren’t as fierce again until the Obama years.

Looking back last spring on the 15th anniversary of the bombings, Clinton offered useful perspective. “The words we use really do matter,” he said. “There’s this vast echo chamber, and they go across space and they fall on the serious and the delirious alike.” That’s the critical point in assigning indirect blame for Tucson. We can never know exactly what hate speech produces, but why risk its interaction with underlying mental illness?

Whether or not he attends the funerals for the Tucson victims, Obama’s big chance to lead will come in his State of the Union address on January 25. He can both to speak to the moment thematically and confront the substantive concerns raised by the tragedy.

Conservatives like to argue that these are isolated incidents carried out by lunatics and therefore carry no big lessons (unless the perpetrator is Muslim, in which case it’s terrorism); liberals view them as opportunities to address various social ills. Obama is in the latter category and should act accordingly. “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste,” Rahm Emanuel famously said in 2008. The same goes for a shooting spree that gravely wounds a beloved congresswoman. Congress won’t enact gun control, as it did in the wake of the assassinations of Martin Luther King and Robert F. Kennedy in 1968, but perhaps something positive can come from this.

Talk about vultures picking the rotting flesh of a tragedy.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
And...

Quote:
Eventually the president will pivot away from the tragedy to the main sections of his speech, which, as usual, will include a description of national problems and a list of legislative priorities. While the focus will be on economic growth, other issues will get airtime. Even here the Tucson shootings can be relevant.

Judge Roll, an appointee of George H.W. Bush, spoke out publicly about the 100 unfilled vacancies on the federal bench, the result mostly of a dysfunctional Senate confirmation process. He felt that drug and immigration cases weren’t being heard because there aren’t enough judges. Obama should use Roll’s own words to prod the Senate to action.

Any hard look at the Tucson case suggests that the real cause of the tragedy was untreated mental illness. When Loughner was thrown out of Pima Community College, officials there told his parents he needed mental evaluation. But state and federal mental health budgets are on the chopping block. Obama should ask whether that makes sense and seek more funding.

Finally, the president should speak out forthrightly for better enforcement of existing gun control laws, which the gun lobby is always fighting to undermine. He should re-state his support of Andrew Traver to be head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive (ATF). The NRA is currently blocking the nomination because Traver once had the temerity to serve as an adviser to a police association on its gun violence reduction program. Obama can reiterate his (and Giffords’) support for the 2nd Amendment while using this chance to make a case for common sense gun control.

Even if he makes a good speech, the president may find that the memory of the Tucson tragedy fades quickly. Sad to say, if Giffords had died, she would have been mourned and soon the conversation would have moved on. But Giffords lives, thank God, which offers other possibilities. We won’t know for weeks or months whether she can function in public. If she can, she will prove a powerful referee of the boundaries of public discourse—more influential, perhaps, than the president himself.

Using victims of this tragedy by name, and details of their personal lives to sell rushing through liberal judges, funding for mental health spending nationwide, and gun control.

Alter also says it's fortunate that Rep. Giffords lived, because her name has a greater lifespan of political exploitation if she is alive. Just amazing.

To their credit, Rahm Emmanuel said today on-camera that his never-let-a-tragedy-go-to-waste "should not be applied to this event".

And John Kerry also said that a few of his colleages "have gone a bit too far."

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Wondy, all you've done is quote other people about the "politics" of the attack. Do you even know what happened or do you only care about protecting the cry baby and the reality show attention whores "reputation"?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://thetimes-tribune.com/opinion/edit...9#axzz1A4hLabIP

Quote:
This week Mr. Kanjorski told The Times-Tribune editorial board about how large companies don't want the government changing the way it does business because they make big money off the government, and about how he's getting closer to supporting a single-payer health care system "because the health insurance industry is about as corrupt as you can ask for as an industry."

"They're blood suckers," he said.

This was followed by a reference to Rick Scott, the Republican candidate for Florida governor, who was ousted in 1997 as head of the giant health care company Columbia/HCA, amid the nation's largest Medicare and Medicaid fraud scandal. The company paid $1.7 billion in fines and civil settlements.

"That Scott down there that's running for governor of Florida," Mr. Kanjorski said. "Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him."

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Wondy, all you've done is quote other people about the "politics" of the attack. Do you even know what happened or do you only care about protecting the cry baby and the reality show attention whores "reputation"?

WB is WB. Of course he's going to quote Beck, etc.

But nothwithstanding that, rex, you have to admit that the attempts to use this to censor free speech are pretty chilling.

The way to deal with Beck is to not watch him. It isn't to start demanding he and his allies be censored or regulated.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I'm not the only one citing articles and editorials to demonstrate how Democrat political leaders, media pundits, and grassroots weasels at Democratic Underground are diverting from the facts of what occurred Saturday, to sell their own conservative-slandering agenda.

And I'm not "protecting" anyone, I'm just citing the facts, and the liberal-partisan deviation from those facts in deliberate misrepresentation.

And while I have quoted others, I've said quite a bit here in my own words, much of which I haven't heard said by any pundit. Your saying "all you've done is quote other people" can more fairly be directed at others here. I've given a lot of my own opinion, beyond just copy-and-paste.

All YOU'RE doing is shooting from the sidelines to start some shit, while contributing nothing to the discussion. As usual.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins

\:lol\:

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

WB is WB. Of course he's going to quote Beck, etc.

But nothwithstanding that, rex, you have to admit that the attempts to use this to censor free speech are pretty chilling.

The way to deal with Beck is to not watch him. It isn't to start demanding he and his allies be censored or regulated.

Y'know... how is what I posted any different from what you, BASAMS and others have posted here?

I pointed out what Beck said. Period. I didn't fawn over him or proselytize the thrust of his message ( believe I limited my praise of him to the topic that BASAMS started, "I watched Glenn Beck tonight...")

So really. Why am I a partisan and you two aren't? We've been posting articles and commenting in the same fashion, a mixture of articles and my own commentary. Same as you guys.

So I really don't get the "WB is partisan, just like M E M" schtick. Again, evidence of prior posts over many years doesn't back that up, and the "just like M E M" is more applicable to others.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I never said you were being a partisan. I simply conceded that you cite Beck a lot and then tried to steer the conversation to the issue and away from your running lovers' quarrel with sockboy.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
All I know is I always call things right down the middle. I don't believe in partisanship. I'm proud of my record on this.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I never said you were being a partisan. I simply conceded that you cite Beck a lot and then tried to steer the conversation to the issue and away from your running lovers' quarrel with sockboy.

\:lol\: Okay, point taken.

I do cite Beck a lot. At his best, he makes good arguments and lays out facts that virtually no one else does.
But even I am put off by Beck's frequent shows of hyperactive emotionalism and crying.

Depending on the week, I find 50 to 70% of his program worth watching, and well-presented information.

But, for example, his programs in the latter half of December were virtually unwatchable, where he just explores obscurities like "what is faith?" and and so forth.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
All I know is I always call things right down the middle. I don't believe in partisanship. I'm proud of my record on this.

Does this mean you're no longer my Junior G-shill?

\:\(

That's quite a blow. You've been my blind subservient wingman for practically ever.

Or at least that's what JLA told me.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard