Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
OP Offline
Unbreakable
3000+ posts

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
no

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Anything would help at this point. The Corporate Government wants to consistently downgrade education, learning, and awareness, in continual attempts to keep Americans in the dark or distracted to what the world is really like. They don't want the common man to believe that Canada's medical system works. They don't want to find new ways to teach children. They need to keep us stupid, fat, and hooked on our own personal emotions. Absolutely we could learn a thing from the rest of the (actually)free civilized world...

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
They need to keep us...hooked on our own personal emotions.

Oh. The Irony.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

Oh. The Irony.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
To fix our school system we need to fix our kids. We need the shitty parents to realize its their fault and they need to take responsibility for their shitty parenting.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/12/what-americans-keep-ignoring-about-finlands-school-success/250564/

Sounds like a good read. I'll pick it up. I'm heading back to school in the fall for some more pedagogical training. May be helpful.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I love the way the author of that article worms in a favorable reference to the Occupy Wall Street movement.

No agenda-pushing at all, I'm sure.

Pat Buchanan pointed out in his 2006 book, State of Emergency, about the immigration crisis in the U.S., that schools in areas like North and South Dakota, that have the least inundation with immigration in schools, that these schools spend half as much on education per student, and still have far higher test scores.

And if looking only at white and asian student test scores, American students are performing at the same high levels they were 40 years ago. The problem is something seriously wrong culturally among black and hispanic students, and a political correctness environment that refuses to acknowledge or address those problems. Instead breeding a cultural environment that rages at those who are performing, and provides excuses and subsidies for those who are not performing.

It's not about race, these are cultural problems. But those administrators who want to make political indoctrination a priority over education are attempting to divert attention from the true problems by racializing the issue.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Traitor
 Originally Posted By: Pariah

MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Anything would help at this point. The Corporate Government wants to consistently downgrade education, learning, and awareness, in continual attempts to keep Americans in the dark or distracted to what the world is really like. They don't want the common man to believe that Canada's medical system works. They don't want to find new ways to teach children. They need to keep us stupid, fat, and hooked on our own personal emotions. Absolutely we could learn a thing from the rest of the (actually)free civilized world...

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I actually know several immigrants here from Finland, about my age with young children.

While they spend their summers in Finland, I find it significant that they choose to live here, and educate their children here.

I also see that they have a strong knowledge of their history, and a strong sense of their national identity and accomplishments as a people.
The father showed me a documentary of the most defining event of Finland's recent history, several wars in the 1930's and 1940's with Russia, where they successfully repelled a Russian army that outnumbered them 10 to 1.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Poor Wondy. He thinks he can pretend he's not paying attention. Sorry bitch. \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
I actually know several immigrants young children.

I'm sure you do........

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
SOROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Link Copied to Clipboard