Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
This appeared on Michelle Malkin's site...

So eager to present a certain picture of Martin they posted somebody elses.

You're wasting your time trying to talk to Klan-Dave. Facts are irrelevant when all you can do is hate people different from you. Can't you tell from the time and passion he's put into trying to "prove you wrong" and trying to "prove" that little kid that was murdered by the wife-beater was "black" and therefor "guilty"? He's already determined to defend the white guy for no other reason than he's white. No more, no less. You don't see him running to defend non-whites suspected of criminal intent. Nope. Just Whitey, cause that's all he cares about.

Fact. \:\)

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: the G-Shill
It still surprises me that WB and others are still trying to essential hold court on the dead kid. He wasn't the one who stalked somebody with a gun. It was Zimmerman who did that and really should have been charged...

As you well know, I'm a complete Rightwing nutjob shill who attempts to twist logic, reason, and the law to favor the rich and the white. I'm a corporate tool who has given nothing to this world but heartache and deceit, just like most of my Extremist brethren.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
However it played out Zimmerman still started it by following a kid around with a gun.

As I mentioned previously, this means you are arguing that Martin had a reasonable fear of injury from Zimmerman and, therefore, was justified in fighting with Zimmerman.

In other words, as noted before, you are arguing that Martin had a "stand your ground" right to defend himself.

The fact that you are using the very concept you condemn in the abstract in order to defend Martin is very indicative of bias on your part.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
What if Zimmerman didn't have a gun and Martin wound up beating him to death? Would you still be blaming Zimmerman for following Martin around?

I don't think that's a reasonable hypothetical. Zimmerman outweighed Martin for starters and by the looks of the video it wasn't all fat. Also while some conservatives have dug up anything and everything that could possibly make Martin look bad, they have yet to turn up any incidents where he attacked another person. (Zimmerman has though) Fights don't usually end with somebody being beaten to death. It does happen but what would have been Martin's motive for even attempting? This is where it gets into bad law protecting Zimmerman btw. It doesn't matter that Martin had no weapon or reason to actually beat somebody to death. All that really matters in Zimmermans case is that the gun owner felt that his life was threatened.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
He was a punk kid that ran from the neighborhood watch while wearing a hoodie (the universal clothing of the punk kid criminal). There were also recent break ins in the neighborhood. All the punk kid had to do was say that he lives in the neighborhood and that the neighborhood watch guy could follow him home or call one of his parents. Instead the punk kid fought him. Its a shame he died but he shouldn't have been a little shit.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Also, if jesse jackson and al sharpton are on your side, you are wrong.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Ignoring actual law for a second to address MEM's knowledge of physics, which seems to be woefully lacking:

Quote:
I don't think that's a reasonable hypothetical. Zimmerman outweighed Martin--

Do you really think that's all it takes to ground someone? Really?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
What if Zimmerman didn't have a gun and Martin wound up beating him to death? Would you still be blaming Zimmerman for following Martin around?

I don't think that's a reasonable hypothetical. Zimmerman outweighed Martin for starters and by the looks of the video it wasn't all fat. Also while some conservatives have dug up anything and everything that could possibly make Martin look bad, they have yet to turn up any incidents where he attacked another person. (Zimmerman has though) Fights don't usually end with somebody being beaten to death. It does happen but what would have been Martin's motive for even attempting? This is where it gets into bad law protecting Zimmerman btw. It doesn't matter that Martin had no weapon or reason to actually beat somebody to death. All that really matters in Zimmermans case is that the gun owner felt that his life was threatened.

But some fights do end with someone being beaten to death. We've also shown that Martin was a big guy himself and not the kid that was shown in the old pictures that were first broadcast. Just so you know, ABC did a digital enhancement to the video of Zimmerman in the police station that you posted earlier to show that Zimmerman had what looked like a gash and welts on the back of his head. Also, the law still requires there to be proof of self defense. It's not a blank check for people to kill like the media is portraying it. So, again, there is too much misinformation out there right now to start laying blame unquestionably on one side or the other.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Do you think some extra responsibility is required when carrying a gun?

Fair play!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Yes, but that doesn't mean automatic guilt for carrying one either.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Didn't say that. I believe Zimmerman should be charged and there should be a trial though.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Simply because he used a firearm to defend himself? Are you saying you wouldn't feel this way if he had used his fists to kill Trayvon?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Do you think some extra responsibility is required when carrying a gun?

Are you saying Zimmermans carrying a weapon gave Martin grounds to confront him?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So far we don't know how the fight started G-man & Pariah. You can't assume that's what happened.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Aside from the gunshot wound, what other injuries--if any--did Trayvon have?

Pariah #1177894 2012-04-05 12:28 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I had the TV on while I was making breakfast this morning, and the SyFy channel was making a timely airing of this episode:

TWILIGHT ZONE, "I Am the Night, Color Me Black"

Two men in a rural town were involved in a struggle, one killed.
There is a push by many locals to execute the surviving man, even though all suppressed evidence shows it was justifiable self-defense and not murder. An irrational hatred of the accused man, and an eagerness to vindictively see him executed, regardless of the facts.

Life imitates art.

Only in the episode the call is for lynching a black man.

And in the current situation, the call is to lynch a "white hispanic."

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
So far we don't know how the fight started ...You can't assume that's what happened.

Riiight....because that's your job. ;\)

Seriously, however, on several occasions you have stated that Zimmerman started the fight by following Martin with a gun.

The fact you refer to there having been a fight, as opposed to simply an execution, would seem to be tacit admission on your part that there was a confrontation involving both parties.

If there was a confrontation, then both parties committed some sort of violent or threatening act.

And if both parties did so and you believe that Martin was not guilty of any criminal conduct--ie, that he was simply defending himself against Zimmerman--then you are acknowledging that self defense laws are, at times, valid.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-Shill
It still surprises me that WB and others are still trying to essential hold court on the dead kid. He wasn't the one who stalked somebody with a gun. It was Zimmerman who did that and really should have been charged...

As you well know, I'm a complete Rightwing nutjob shill who attempts to twist logic, reason, and the law to favor the rich and the white. I'm a corporate tool who has given nothing to this world but heartache and deceit, just like most of my Extremist brethren.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

You're wasting your time trying to talk to Klan-Dave. Facts are irrelevant when all you can do is hate people different from you. Can't you tell from the time and passion he's put into trying to "prove you wrong" and trying to "prove" that little kid that was murdered by the wife-beater was "black" and therefor "guilty"? He's already determined to defend the white guy for no other reason than he's white. No more, no less. You don't see him running to defend non-whites suspected of criminal intent. Nope. Just Whitey, cause that's all he cares about.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
So far we don't know how the fight started ...You can't assume that's what happened.

Seriously, however, on several occasions you have stated that Zimmerman started the fight by following Martin with a gun.

The fact you refer to there having been a fight, as opposed to simply an execution, would seem to be tacit admission on your part that there was a confrontation involving both parties.

If there was a confrontation, then both parties committed some sort of violent or threatening act.

And if both parties did so and you believe that Martin was not guilty of any criminal conduct--ie, that he was simply defending himself against Zimmerman--then you are acknowledging that self defense laws are, at times, valid.

Exactly.

As the record indicates at this point, Zimmerman had followed the 911 operator's instruction and broken off from following martin.

At that point, Trayvon Martin attacked him and became the aggressor, and by his actions warranted Zimmerman to legally defend himself.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
It as a fight between a mexican and a black. Why couldn't they kill each other?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

Exactly.

As the record indicates at this point, Zimmerman had followed the 911 operator's instruction and broken off from following martin.

At that point, Trayvon Martin attacked him and became the aggressor, and by his actions warranted Zimmerman to legally defend himself.

What I said applies to you as well. It's not established exactly what happened. It may be your opinion that Martin attacked him but that is not established as fact. It is also unclear that Zimmerman broke off following Martin. It is part of the record that instead of meeting the police at his vehicle he instead asked them to call him and he would tell them where he was. Only reason I can think of is that he was still looking for the kid he eventually ended up killing.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

It's not established exactly what happened...

In which case, you really have no basis to call for Zimmerman to be charged or to assume that "stand your ground" caused this and deserves repeal.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
If nobody could be charged unless evidence proved conclusive that they were guilty you would never need trials. Considering what we do know I think this should go to trial. A child was killed by Zimmerman's hand and there's conflicting evidence. Is there a good reason for this not to go to trial?

Fair play!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Is there a good reason for this not to go to trial?

If they schedule the hearing during The Avengers' premiere?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Is there a good reason for this not to go to trial?

Waste of time and money.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
If nobody could be charged unless evidence proved conclusive that they were guilty you would never need trials...a child was killed by Zimmerman's hand and there's conflicting evidence. Is there a good reason for this not to go to trial?

Under the code of ethics a prosecutor has an ethical obligation to bring to trial only those persons whom he or she believes can fairly be found guilty by a jury, beyond a reasonable doubt.

In other words, under our system of laws, the district attorney is not supposed to charge someone on the "I don't know what happened" theory.

I would also note that, for all your talk about how you haven't prejudged the case, language like "a child was killed by Zimmerman's hand," certainly implies you've made your mind up before knowing the facts.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Zimmerman used his bare hands to kill a child? I thought he had a gun?

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
George Zimmerman: Warrior

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I don't see much point now in speculating about Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, until the Florida state Justice Dept completes its independent investigation, and releases the as-yet-undisclosed evidence.

I feel like, no matter what the evidence, to the Al Sharptons, Jesse Jacksons, to angry black victim-culture-indoctrinated America, to the posturing Democrat politicians and the partisan liberal media pundits who pump up that anger, that no matter what the evidence disclosed that might corroborate, justify, and exonerate George Zimmerman's actions, these ideologically driven zealots will continue to scream for Zimmerman's blood. No matter what.

I can envision a rush to convict Zimmerman on weak evidence, just to appease the zealots and prevent nationwide riots.

I can envision not having sufficient evidence, but still arresting Zimmerman, and holding him for a period of time before releasing him on insufficient evidence, with authorities saying "well, we tried..." just as a show, to again appease and prevent riots.

Or there might be evidence to at least pursue a trial of Zimmerman, or even convict him.

And I can envision Zimmerman being killed, either in prison or as a free man. No matter what the evidence.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
If nobody could be charged unless evidence proved conclusive that they were guilty you would never need trials...a child was killed by Zimmerman's hand and there's conflicting evidence. Is there a good reason for this not to go to trial?

Under the code of ethics a prosecutor has an ethical obligation to bring to trial only those persons whom he or she believes can fairly be found guilty by a jury, beyond a reasonable doubt.

In other words, under our system of laws, the district attorney is not supposed to charge someone on the "I don't know what happened" theory.

I would hope so. My only fear is that "stand your ground" will circumvent what should normally happen in this type of case.

Quote:
I would also note that, for all your talk about how you haven't prejudged the case, language like "a child was killed by Zimmerman's hand," certainly implies you've made your mind up before knowing the facts.

You might feel that way but your selective in your criticism. WB takes Zimmerman at his word and states his story as fact and I notice you remain silent. Isn't that bias on your part as well as WB's?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: M E M

You might feel that way but your selective in your criticism. WB takes Zimmerman at his word and states his story as fact and I notice you remain silent. Isn't that bias on your part as well as WB's?

I call bullshit.

My comments are made with the strong and clear statement --repeatedly-- that not all the evidence is in, and we should wait for the FL Justice Dept's independent investigation to be completed and announced.

I simply say I lean toward believing Zimmerman, pending further evidence.

Your POV (and likewise, the POV of the biggest troll asshole on these boards) is no matter what the evidence, is that Zimmerman is guilty, and anyone who disagrees is a white racist bigot, as you selectively omit considerable evidence that contradicts that mindset.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Traitor David, the Wonder Racist

I call bullshit.

My comments are made with the strong and clear statement --repeatedly-- that not all the evidence is in, and we should wait for the FL Justice Dept's independent investigation to be completed and announced.

I simply say I lean toward believing Zimmerman, because he's white.

Truth.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Zimmerman is half-white, half-hispanic. And also part native American, and if I recall, also part jewish. If anything Zimmerman himself would identify as hispanic.

Pro fails. Again.

Only the media, and lying sacks of shit like you, Pro, would try to pass off Zimmerman as "white", to try and paint his shooting as a "white racist" event. It's not.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Traitor David, the Wonder Racist

I call bullshit.

I simply say I lean toward believing Zimmerman, because he's white.

Truth.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard