Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1181173 2012-05-16 2:45 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I figure it's time to finally start taking a look at who this guy is and the people he associates with.

\:\)

I'm dedicating this thread to WB & G-man.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Romney's record is public knowledge, unlike Obama's. Even after Obama is finishing his first term, and campaigning for a second, there are huge unexplored gaps in Obama's life.

Obama has never been questioned about how he did drugs and barely passed high school, and yet was able to be accepted to and attend prestigious schools like Occidental College, Columbia University and then Harvard. How an under-achiever like him pulled that off is an undisclosed mystery.
How he paid for his school is another mystery. In his own autobiography he admitted to using drugs, and (unexplored by the media) may have been selling them as well.
Obama's grades and transcripts have never been released either. Even four years into his term as president. Like his predecessors John Kerry and Al Gore, I suspect he has something to hide. But as long as they remain undisclosed, the media can falsely paint him as an academic genius. It turned out that Gore and Kerry were not the academic scholars they were portrayed to be by the media. They demonized Bush as an idiot, but when Kerry's grades were finally released, his GPA was actually lower than Bush's.

He has never been questioned about his Marxist father (Barack Obama Sr) and the fact that his father returned to Kenya to participate in an anti-colonial marxist revolution there.
Obama has never been questioned about the anti-colonial (if not openly marxist) ideology that he is indoctrinated in, as evidenced by his own words in his autobiographical Dreams From My Father. The title alone manifests his shared ideological bond with his father's leftist radicalism.

Obama has never been questioned about his mother's marxism, and hatred of her own culture. From the time she remarried and moved with her second husband Loelo Soetero, taking young Obama with her, to Indonesia. In an argument with Soetero, where he asked how she can have such contempt for her own people, she snapped back: "They're not my people!"
She actually divorced Loelo Soetero because he eased up on marxist ideology, and tried to pursue success in a new Indonesia that was moving toward capitalism and away from marxism.
Obama's mother sent young Obama back to Hawaii to live with his (marxist) grandparents, because she feared Obama would be infected by his stepfather's budding capitalist tendencies, which husband and wife argued about constantly before she divorced him. Also detailed in Obama's own book.

Obama has never been questioned about his mother's death by ovarian cancer. Obama never visited his mother while she was dying, never even attended her funeral.
Ironically, for me the single most powerful thing Obama said was when he was pushing for Obamacare, saying "I want to spare families what I had to go through when my mother was dying of ovarian cancer, having to haggle with her insurance company to prove that hers was not a pre-existing condition, so she would not be denied benefits, while she was dying of cancer."
It turns out that statement of Obama's is completely false. He was uninvolved in her care, and even the slightest loving support of his mother during the years of her death. He never visited her in her final years, and did not attend her funeral.
Obama has never been questioned about this.

Or about Frank Marshall Davis.
Or Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
Or his various openly marxist and anti-american appointees as President: Van Jones, Valerie Jarrett, Ron Bloom, Mark Lloyd.

Obama has never been asked about Jeff Jones, formerly of the Weather Underground, now part of the Apollo Alliance that drafted Obamacare and Obama's other Stimulus legislation.

Obama has never been asked about William Ayers, at whose home Obama had his first campaign fundraiser when Obama began his political career. Obama was executor of funds for Ayers' education grant from the Annenberg Foundation, and the two met regularly to coordinate the disbursement of funds and oversee tha program. An arguably anti-American education program, that bred an iconoclastic hatred of the American establishment in students.

Obama has never been asked about the fact that he wrote cover-blurb praise for one of Ayers' books, and that Ayers wrote cover-blurb praise for Obama's book, that the two had multiple joint speaking appearances, and multiple joint booksignings.

And let's vett Obama about what he's done in the last four years, that has undermined U.S. international power and influence, undermined and shrunk our military, undermined defensive missile systems that would protect us from Russian, Chinese, North Korean, Iranian or other potential missile threats.

Let's vett Obama for tripling our money supply from 800 billion to 3 trillion, that threatens to hyperinflate away every citizen's savings, and to collapse the dollar.

Let's vett Obama for assuring Russian president Medved that Obama can be "much more flexible after the election". At which point he can further undermine our safety.
Let's vett Obama for his underhanded dealings with the Chinese, that further endangers us as a nation, and further endangers every U.S. citizen economically.

Let's vett Obama ideologically, a president who refuses to label islamic terrorists as terrorists, but labels current and retired U.S. military personnel as needing to be investigated by federal authorities as a "potential terrorist threat". The only people Obama is willing to label as terrorists are people who love this country.

Okay, sure, let's vett Romney.

But let's vett Obama too. For real this time.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I didn't know about Romney leading a mob who helped him hold a kid down while he committed hair rape. I was also surprised that he didn't man up and admit to doing that. I didn't know that he put his dog on top of a car for long car rides. I didn't know he had a friend (Vandersloot) who's been a big funder for some things I consider very anti-gay and has used lawsuits or the the threat of to intimidate his critics. Saying that Romney has been vetted just isn't true. We're just getting started. Remember if it was fair to do it to Obama it will also be fair game for Romney.

Fair play!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"hair rape"? And you wonder why no one takes this shit seriously?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
If somebody pinned you down and gave you an unwanted hair cut while you cried for help it probably would seem more serious to you. Considering that Romney can't recall the incident he's either a liar or going senile. That might make him an ideal GOP candidate but for the rest of us not so much.

Fair play!
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

Whoa...whoa....whoa.I have to take issue with this one Pro.

Gul Dukat never smiled ;\)

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

This is the second thread that you cried about the story. Methinks you are taking it seriously...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
If somebody pinned you down and gave you an unwanted hair cut while you cried for help it probably would seem more serious to you.

You just described most kids' first haircut.

More to the point, assuming this did happen, hysterically conflating bullying or any form of unwanted physical contact into rape insults actual sexual assault victims and flies in the face of common sense.

The fact you can't, or won't, see that says more about the pro-Obama camp's desperation and bias than it does about Romney.

the G-man #1181311 2012-05-17 11:00 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
If somebody pinned you down and gave you an unwanted hair cut while you cried for help it probably would seem more serious to you.

You just described most kids' first haircut.

The problem with that is Romney was 18 and he was assaulting some picked on kid. Now he says he doesn't remember doing it. You can downplay it all you want but what he says he can't remember, I think that goes into his character.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm sorry, MEM, but when you start throwing around terms like "hair rape," we've reached the point where it's not worth taking your argument seriously.

("hair rape"...shakes heads)

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
that's when you wrap a prostitute's hair on your wee wee and jack off, without her consent, right?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA

This is the second thread that you cried about the story. Methinks you are taking it seriously...

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA

Sorry but apparently posting "hair rape" erases Romney's assault according to G-man.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
GOP strategist: Romney’s factual poor job creation record a ‘misleading number’
By Andrew Jones
Monday, June 4, 2012 14:44 EDT Share on facebookShare on redditShare on diggShare on twitterShare on farkShare on stumbleupon21 Topics: Alice Stewart ♦ mitt romney ♦ romney

Former Bachmann and Santorum campaign press secretary Alice Stewart conceded Monday morning that Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney had a less than sterling job creation record during his time as Massachusetts governor.

In an segment on MSNBC Live, Stewart initially claimed the fact of Massachusetts ranking 47th out of 50th in job creation during Romney’s one term tenure was dubious information filtered out from the current White House staff.

“That’s a misleading number you’re putting out there that was put out by the Obama campaign,” Stewart said.

The Republican figure’s comments sparked host Thomas Roberts to aggressively question Stewart’s inaccurate statement.

“How’s that a misleading number when it’s the actual fact of where the states ranked when Governor Romney left office?” he asked. “How is that misleading?”

“It’s misleading facts put up by a desperate campaign,” Stewart replied.

“Was it 47th or not?” Roberts shot back. “Was it 47th or not? Was it 47th or not? Was it 47th or not?”

“He took it from 50th to 47th,” Stewart conceded, which is also untrue since Romney inherited office while Massachusetts ranked 36th in nation job creation.

RAW

His state actually lost considerable ranking. This even got called out on the FOX Sunday morning show.

Fair play!
Son of Mxy #1182640 2012-06-05 12:57 AM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
that's when you wrap a prostitute's hair on your wee wee and jack off, without her consent, right?

Is that what you call it? In Oregon we call that a second date.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Romney is both non-specific and very specific

Essentially beyond blaming Obama, Romney's campaign gets really vague as to how Romney would do anything.

Fair play!
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Wow really? A candidate that blames the sitting president and makes vague promises?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I believe there is a word for people like that. 'Politicians'

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
Wow really? A candidate that blames the sitting president and makes vague promises?

Yeah I know they all do that to some degree. Mitt however seems to be setting a record. The article compares Mitt to W when he ran in 2000 for example.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog

Yeah I know they all do that to some degree. Mitt however seems to be setting a record. The article compares Mitt to W when he ran in 2000 for example.

Yeah, who does Romney think he is, blaming a sitting president? Everyone knows a true statesman keeps blaming his predecessor three years into his own term while making vague promises.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Actually more Americans than not also give W the credit for our current economy.

I also don't blame GOP'ers for not caring if Mitt is lacking substance. It sort of reminds me of when it was Bush vs Kerry for me.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Actually more Americans than not also give W the credit for our current economy.

I also don't blame GOP'ers for not caring if Mitt is lacking substance...

If your concern is truly over "lacking substance," poll results are irrelevant. I'm sure we can both think of candidates, on either side, who've enjoyed public support for positions that weren't substantive.

Furthermore, falling back on a poll only undercuts your point, insofar as it seems to indicate that arguments lacking substance can be effective.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
yeah!

PJP #1184195 2012-06-28 9:33 PM
hello whore
500+ posts
hello whore
500+ posts
yeah

I am the Rill Mac!
(formerly randal_flagg)
MrJSA #1184429 2012-07-04 12:27 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Romney’s offshore wealth deeply hidden: report
By Agence France-Presse
Tuesday, July 3, 2012 20:41 EDT Share on facebookShare on redditShare on diggShare on twitterShare on farkShare on stumbleupon61 Topics: President Barack Obama ♦ President Obama ♦ romney

WASHINGTON — Much of White House hopeful Mitt Romney’s fortune lies well-hidden in a network of opaque offshore investments including some $30 million in the Cayman Islands, Vanity Fair reported Tuesday.

Romney has amassed vast wealth — estimated to be as high as $250 million — since founding private equity firm Bain Capital in 1984, and he consistently says his successful business experience is what puts him in better position than President Barack Obama for turning around the sluggish US economy.

But while his campaign insists Romney has not exploited the offshore havens to avoid paying necessary US taxes, the difficulty in tracking the overseas transactions and holdings raises questions about the candidate’s finances in the heat of a campaign.

The report detailed how Romney continues to have personal interests in at least 12 of the 138 funds organized by Bain in the Caymans, where such investments are hidden behind confidentiality disclaimers, making an assessment of Romney’s true wealth virtually impossible.

He also holds a Swiss bank account — with $3 million in it, according to 2010 tax returns — and other interests in tax havens such as Bermuda, according to the report in the August issue of the magazine.

Romney’s tax rate has been a particular point of contention. In 2010 he reported income of $21.7 million, mostly from investments, and paid just over $3 million in taxes, a paltry rate of just 13.9 percent, far lower than the rate for most middle-income Americans.

Most of Romney’s money is earned in investments, which are taxed at just 15 percent, compared to the 35 percent he would pay on wages.

Many of those investments are offshore, with 55 pages of Romney’s 2010 tax return devoted to his transactions with foreign entities, according to Vanity Fair.

RAW

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Interesting how personal wealth wasn't an issue at all when Al Gore and John Kerry were candidates.

Wealth only becomes objectionable and out-of-touch when it belongs to Republicans.

Likewise college grades and academic performance. Gore and Kerry, by the way, didn't disclose their college transcripts until many months AFTER their failed election bids.
And Barack Obama has never revealed his college transcripts. Or for that matter, how he was even admitted or paid for his tuition at Boston University or Harvard after academically underperforming, "drinking heavily and using drugs enthusiatically" in high school and at Occidental college (Obama's own words, from his autobiography DREAMS FROM MY FATHER)

The liberal media has for 5 years, and continues to, give Obama a major free pass on this. The media absolutely would not let it go when W. Bush let on in 2000 that he even tried cocaine. But here we have a sitting president who not only tried cocaine, but admittedly used it regularly and "enthusiastically" without the slightest trace of apology or remorse, and the media is nowhere to be found. It is not at all a stretch of the imagination that Obama may have sold drugs and used the profits to pay for his college, and incredibly, no one in the media cares.

Romney has used the same tax shelters that many other individuals and businesses have used for decades. Big deal.

Obama gave virtually nothing to charity his entire life until he was president and his lack of charity became an issue (that the liberal media again doesn't report). Romney has a cousin in Africa who lives on 3 dollars a month. Author Dinesh D'Souza created a charity to help the guy when cousin Barack Obama wouldn't, at which point the DNC gave the guy some money to shut him up. What little is reported, both Obama and Biden are notoriously stingy in their 9lack of) charitable givings. And only the public spotlight makes them tick it up slightly in recent years.

While Romney, in contrast, has been very charitable, and even gave away his entire inheritance when his father died.

Wonder Boy #1184450 2012-07-04 10:34 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
Interesting how personal wealth wasn't an issue at all when Al Gore and John Kerry were candidates.

Are you saying you or say G-man never talked about Kerry or his wife's wealth? Perhaps this would be a good time for you to list what should be off the table in the vetting process. You can make two lists. One for conservatives and one for liberals if that makes it easier for you.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Romney stayed longer at Bain
Firm’s 2002 filings identify him as CEO, though he said he left in 1999
Nine SEC filings submitted by four different business entities after February 1999 describe Romney as Bain boss. (David L. Ryan/Globe Staff file 1993)
By Callum Borchers and Christopher Rowland
Globe Correspondent Globe Staff / July 12, 2012

Government documents filed by Mitt Romney and Bain Capital say Romney remained chief executive and chairman of the firm three years beyond the date he said he ceded control, even creating five new investment partnerships during that time.

Romney has said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, ending his role in the company. But public Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed later by Bain Capital state he remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.”

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

The timing of Romney’s departure from Bain is a key point of contention because he has said his resignation in February 1999 meant he was not responsible for Bain Capital companies that went bankrupt or laid off workers after that date.

boston.com

\:lol\:

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Are you saying you or say G-man never talked about Kerry or his wife's wealth? Perhaps this would be a good time for you to list what should be off the table in the vetting process. You can make two lists. One for conservatives and one for liberals if that makes it easier for you.

Only in the context of liberal hypocrisy, where every Republican candidate for 20 years prior to Kerry (in 2004) was held up as an out-of-touch blueblood because of his personal wealth, whereas Kerry's wealth was ignored by all the mainstream liberal media, exalting Kerry as a vissionary and genius, despite his having lower grades than George W. Bush, who they scorned as an idiot. Even within the 2004 campaign, despite Bush having far less wealth than Kerry, W.Bush was portrayed as entitled and callous to the poor.'

My favorite part was where Kerry pushed for a tax on docking boats in Massachusetts, and then docked his own boat out of state to cheat the state out of tens of thousands owed for his own tax.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Romney stayed longer at Bain
Firm’s 2002 filings identify him as CEO, though he said he left in 1999
Nine SEC filings submitted by four different business entities after February 1999 describe Romney as Bain boss. (David L. Ryan/Globe Staff file 1993)
By Callum Borchers and Christopher Rowland
Globe Correspondent Globe Staff / July 12, 2012

Government documents filed by Mitt Romney and Bain Capital say Romney remained chief executive and chairman of the firm three years beyond the date he said he ceded control, even creating five new investment partnerships during that time.

Romney has said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, ending his role in the company. But public Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed later by Bain Capital state he remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.”

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

The timing of Romney’s departure from Bain is a key point of contention because he has said his resignation in February 1999 meant he was not responsible for Bain Capital companies that went bankrupt or laid off workers after that date.

boston.com

\:lol\:

I just saw John Sununu discuss this. At the time in question, Romney was fully occupied managing the 2002 Winter Olympics, and while his name still appeared on the managing credits of Bain, he was not managing the outsourcing done.

Even a Democrat on the board of Bain at that time, who has also run for political office as a Democrat, has said that for Obama and his slandermeisters at the DNC to allege this is outrageous and a clear distortion.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So Romney owned it all and was the boss but didn't have anything to do with it despite what the SEC filing says. This will be easilly understood by everybody I'm sure.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
...I just saw John Sununu discuss this. At the time in question, Romney was fully occupied managing the 2002 Winter Olympics....

Mitt is on the record that he was doing business in Massachusetts during Olympics. So the "fully occupied" talking point isn't true.

politico.com

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Are you saying you or say G-man never talked about Kerry or his wife's wealth?

Are YOU saying I ever argued that Kerry's wealth by itself somehow disqualified him as president, because I'd love to see that post.

And, no, a post about a double standard in how Kerry's wealth was treated differently than a republican's by the media isn't the same thing.

the G-man #1184650 2012-07-13 11:03 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Both sides bring up wealth when it suits their political needs. Romney's Swiss bank account and whatever he's hiding in the Camen's is all fair game. Who said that disqualifies him to be President? (building strawmen again G-man?)

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Romney's going to win and win big. Independents won't fall for that shit again.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard