Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pariah Offline OP
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I was thinking maybe a top ten format. But I'm not about to waste time discerning a pecking order. So I'll just throw some names out there.

Darknight613
Prometheus
Animalman

Notice I don't include Whomod, Disco, Halo, or Jack the Little Death (who I wasn't even here for). Can you guess why?

May add more later.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
THEBastard comes to mind as well. But for a different reason than those guys.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
McGurk.

Because he's obviously Rob's alt.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
THEBastard comes to mind as well. But for a different reason than those guys.

Negro?

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Wanky or Zapp may be the worst ever. I think all they did was whine and insult people. Did they join just to fight for Whomod?

Pro could be an asshole at times but I think he did that some of that just to get a reaction from people. I like Pro and I wish he would come back.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
with a chimp.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The only Insurgent I considered--aside from Iggy--was Halo. He was the only one who actually posted for reasons beyond defending the honor of fair maiden Whomod.

However, his brand of stupid, while severe, was never quite as odious as the terrible 3 + 1.

What Pro, Ani, and....Darky all had in common was a penchant for the disingenuous. Pro and Ani would argue for light years about how this place was just a big game to them, and that they could take or leave this board all the while ignoring how much effort they put into it. Darky was always desperate to try and convince people that he was somehow on a higher level of political or social understanding than everyone else.

In Pro's case, he would just spam and try to convince everyone that it was for our own good and that his obstinacy to facts (be they religious, political, or philosophical in nature) was more enlightened than our own opinions.

Ani would just get into arguments and then micro-analyze every sentence to the point of retardation just so he wouldn't have to concede anything. And then when people called him out on it, he decided to wear the label "nitpicker" like a badge of honor as though brushing off the critique justified continuing to act like a total douche in a conversation. Both him and DK were stuck on stupid whenever someone tried to make a calculated generalization about something; "You can't do that! How dare you blanket-statement an entire group of people!?" they'd scream like total faggots in an effort to stalemate the discussion.

Insecure obsessives par excellence.

And Darknight613.....

Originally Posted By: Darknight613
If you don't care, why did you--less than eight hours before--ask for me to respond to some of the points raised on this "petty" thread?

To be honest, mere curiosity. You made a point, several people made valid challenges, and I wanted to see how you would respond when people disputed your claims. Everybody reacts differently, and I wanted to know how you would. Also, it was kinda nice to see that for a while discussion was civil, and it kept my interest. But once the "slamming the other side" begins and discussion comes to an end, I lose interest. And it may not have been at that point yet, but I had the feeling it was going to, and I was annoyed, ebause I thought we had a real debate going here. I was willing to get involved to the degree of sharing insights on public opinion on how the media works in regards to polls and that sort of thing (because I work in the media - check out my webpage and see for yourself), but I have no interest in another "liberal vs. conservative" debate. It's gotten old, and when neither side is listening to the other, which often happens in political debates, what's the point?

I've come across these types of debates elsewhere, and besides getting sick of this feeling of divisiveness that many of my fellow Americans insiston, I'm tired of people presenting valid points that get snubbed just because of what side they're on.

As noted to the other poster, is any question about how our government is being operated ever pointless?

Not in the least. But slamming somebody for their support, or lack thereof, of a certain ideaology is if you're not willing to hear them out. And in many "lib vs. con" feuds, most people aren't willing to hear the other guys out. They have their stance, they won't change it, and how are you supposed to debate with someone who won't listen to what you're saying?

DISCLAIMER: This is the general "you," not G-Man or anyone else here

If you are not interested in the discussion, you neither have to participate nor read.

I'm interested in discussion. I just don't want to get sucked into a "liberal vs. conservative" deadlock. I've been sucked into too many, or hastily dived into them as a response to a comment I didn't agree with, and I've gotten tired of it.

<strong>I hope, however, you will choose to reconsider and contribute some more points to ponder. </strong>

If people are willing to listen, I'm willing to speak (and even sometimes when they're not willing).

The most annoying thing about partisanship is the fact that a lot of it is based on stereotyping and generalizations (without qualifiers like "most.") Look at any stereotype ever made about liberals or conservatives, and you will find a decent number of exceptions. In any race, nationality, gender, religion, political party, there are good people and bad people, and to only focus on one or the other isn't right.

It's like what Abraham tells G-d in the Bible when he's told of the destruction of Soddom and Gemorrah - "will you sweep away the innocent with the guilty?" There are many conservatives I don't like, but I don't hate conservatives period. There are many liberals I admire, but I don't admire them all. I just think people need to be careful with broad generalizations, because there will always be exceptions.

For example:

I was listening to "The Schnitt Show" yesterday on my way home from work, and they were talking about the possibility of the draft. Some caller made a remark that "liberals and Democrats don't want to serve in the military." Schnitt said he agreed, and he said that he really wondered if liberals and Democrats would be willing to answer the call to serve their country if they were needed.

In 1968, my dad, who describes himself as a liberal Democrat (I'm more moderate than my parents are), enlisted in the United States Air Force during a war he did not believe in under a president he did not support. He served this country proudly and honorably, as have many other liberals and Democrats. When people make broad generalizations that say "liberals or Democrats don't want to serve in the military," they are dismissing my dad like he didn't matter.

Granted this was loyalty and defense of a parent that was on my mind (they stick up for me, I stick up for them), rather than politics, but I was annoyed with Schnitt's comments, because my dad is an exception to that claim. I've heard Schnitt play the Devil's Advocate in a lot of situations. He's a smart guy, and surely he must know there are exceptions to his claim. But because the caller was taking a shot at liberals, he didn't object. As far as I'm concerned, people can slam liberals all they want if they really feel the need, but my dad served this country when it needed him, and nobody has the right to say his service didn't count just because of his political ideaologies.

This is the problem with partisanship. When you lash out blindly at a certain group, people get hurt like this.

Dear God what an idiot. Whenever he'd get called out on asking a question that took a critical position of one side over the other, he tended to use phrases like "mere curiosity" or "simply wondering"--like the retard didn't have a partisan position to speak of.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
Pro could be an asshole at times but I think he did that some of that just to get a reaction from people. I like Pro and I wish he would come back.

But seriously.

I never had a problem with him until recently....a matter of years ago I suppose. But he just kept getting progressively more insane until things finally reached a breaking point. I'm not totally sure what drove him over the edge. I have a feeling it's a combination of malignant narcissism and bi-polar disorder--and of course the fact that he fries his brain for purposes of recreation (I'll never understand people who do that).

There's always been something wrong with his character, but he's just never really been given the opportunity to have it implode until his 10 year point.

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Oh yeah. Bastard.

He's a fucking race-obsessed idiot who truly believes that it's in the core nature of every white person to keep him, and every other black person, from succeeding--whether they know it or not. But he tries to act like he's not angry at everyone anyway.

At least Whomod was honest about his insane rage.

希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
McGurk.

And you, *clears throat* little brother, obviously have forgotten that I've posted pictures and voice clips of the real me.

Now the worst poster was definitely that chick that complained nonstop about what jerks men are for turning down her drunken sloppy advances and for asking her easy small-talk questions which made her defensive, even after her 'turning over a new leaf'

There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.

Hello?
Put Natasha on the phone.
Who is this?
This is her fucking son's father. Who is this?
This is her fucking son.
..........oh.......
Call back in 20 minutes. *click*

Boy, you could get lost in a sky like that. I wish I had those balloons again.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Oh yeah. Bastard.

He's a fucking race-obsessed idiot who truly believes that it's in the core nature of every white person to keep him, and every other black person, from succeeding--whether they know it or not. But he tries to act like he's not angry at everyone anyway.

What? What nonsense. I've spoken to the guy on the phone, and keep in touch with him via Facebook. He's a great guy. He has never blamed or accreditted his life's successes or failures to his ethnicity as far as I'm aware. Basti said something to the effect of being sick of BSAMS giving him shit about being black, so he left the RKMBs some time ago.

As for Pro and Annie:

a. Pro always struck me as a good and funny guy;
b. Annie was a sporto. I don't have much of a recollection about him otherwise.

Whomod was a bear-baiter. I think half the time he was just trying to stir the pot, to his intense amusement.

Was there speculation that I left for four-five years because I was warn down by the nutcase rightwing attitudes on this forum? Or that I was upset about opinions expressed about Palestine? Or that I was cross about the state of superhero comics? Upon leaving, did I become cast as the villain foreign anti-American leftwinger? The mind boggles. (If you didn't know, I left because I became managing partner of a law firm. I have returned intermittently because I have stepped down from that and have more time on my hands.)

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
There were rumors that you haven't left at all, that you just started posting more under a very gay alt named Lothar.

By the way, what happened to your law firm gig? Why did you step down?

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Upon leaving, did I become cast as the villain foreign anti-American leftwinger?

No, my friend, you were well known as that long before leaving the board.

;\)

But, seriously, I think you made it clear when you left it was work and personal life related and not part of any snit or the like.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
i left because i hate the right wing administrator and his liberal media!

giant picture
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yeah and he sucks too!

Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Quote:
Upon leaving, did I become cast as the villain foreign anti-American leftwinger?

No, my friend, you were well known as that long before leaving the board.

;\)

Well, thank the Atheist Invisble Rainbow Unicorn for that!

Neil, to answer your question: people have strengths and weaknesses. My strength is business building and my core skills as a lawyer. I'm not, however, so good at administration. I found it tough going - it gave me headaches and kept me awake at night - and after 4 years finally stood down. Much much happier now.

Pimping my site, again.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves

As for Pro and Annie:

It might surprise many that for most of his time here, I didn't have a problem with Pro, up until he went off the deep end in the latter half of 2011.

Up till then, he was a left-leaning guy, and we got into it occasionally, but it was a dialogue where we each laid out the conservative and liberal perspectives of the argument.

Then he just got into this fanatical mindset, where --as Pariah said-- he just went bipolar or something, and it just became impossible to have any kind of a dialogue, where he would just hurl endless insults, and paraphrase others' posts, scripting us all as racists or whatever, and quite a few of us here put him on ignore, because it just became impossible to have anything resembling a conversation.

Especially with...

...Pro just went way the fuck off the deep end. He tries to come off as if he's just taunting those he disagrees with and having fun. But then he repeatedly says some really angry and intolerant things, and envisions violence to "exterminate those who won't evolve into the 21st century".
And then when caught at it, he just jumps into "Hey I was just kidding" or "yanking your chains" or whatever. No. He clearly wasn't.

And just smothered all dissenting opinion in an ocean of endless copy-and-paste.

In the last two years or so, I'd say Pro was the worst poster.
Iggy for a while followed his lead, and was equally a waste of time.

Animalman was another that I just at some point ceased responding to, because of his endless quotes and repetition of the exact same questions and arguments, no matter how many times you answered him.

I like Bastard, and I don't know what happened to him. For 10-plus years, we've gotten along well, but in the last topic we had an exchange he went off on me, despite that I tried to be as polite as possible while still making my points.

I really felt like he just didn't want to be bothered to give a lengthy well-thought-out response, and so he just dismissively scolded me and left, despite that there was really no difference between what I --or others-- said in the topic and what we've all been saying for 10 years.

I can see where Pariah would label him race-obsessed, because he does discuss the subject a lot (as do I). But I don't see Bast as racist, he seems more focused on race in a defensive way, of perceiving most things directed at him as being race-motivated.

Bastard usually approaches the subject with more playfulness and humor, on this occasion he clearly got agitated (others including Rex were taking shots at him, beyond my exchanges with him), and I feel bad about that. Because I do like him, and have always enjoyed our conversations.

The other poster that I had the biggest problem with was Ray Adler. And one particular exchange with him where he called my Phillipine girlfriend a mail-order bride and otherwise used her as a weapon to insult me, pissed me off like no other insults I've ever dealt with here.
Adler consistently was a pure troll who reveled in personal slander of those he disagreed with. But then again, that seems to be a consistent trait among many of the liberals here.

The others who I thought were pathetic in their brief periods here were the Grassy Knoll guys, and the the Insurgency forum guys, who liked to attack, but were complete cowards when anyone fired back. As I recall, they came onto RKMB a few years ago on a raid to defend Whomod's internet honor. Wanky was the only one who stayed for any length of time. Both them and the Grassy Knoll Guys locked their forums to prevent RKMB posters from coming to their boards and shaming them on their own forum.

I miss the female RKMB posters. I don't know what it is about these boards that chases all the wimmen away. Well, that chases a lot of people away.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Pariah, I think you're a bit hard on DarkKnight613.

Him and I clashed a lot in the beginning, but once we understood each other better, we got along, despite our representing opposite liberal and conservative poles of thought.
I think he was a sincere guy who was entrenched in his liberal views, but could still be reasoned with. The topic in my signature is pretty representative of what his arguments were like.
I do agree that he would present arguments from an odd third-person "devil's advocate" POV and other hypotheticals, rather than just present them as his own views.
But I don't think anyone here questioned the fact that those were his actual views. I still liked having him here, because we could still have a dialogue and lay out both sides of the issue in a mostly civil way.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
Joe Mama.

An easily squashed fly that wishes it could be on everybody's wall.

What Wikileaks should have been.

kobra tai
100+ posts
kobra tai
100+ posts
McGurk.

yeah?

- even the most powerful force on the interweb plays squares 2 !
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I thought we were all robs alts?

Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Who else would post here?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"The RKMBS. What Facebook Could Have Been!"

Pimping my site, again.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The Asocial network!

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
The Ass social network!

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Doog
In The Ass social network!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
...very glad I didn't make the list...

-----once over and twice twisted---------
Pariah Offline OP
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Almost forgot Llance...

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
One picture of Llance broke the Legion forum.

\:\(

Fair play!
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Damn proud of it too!

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Larry make Cosmic Boy's pee pee tickle.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
So does saying his name backwards!

Captain Pouty
7500+ posts
Captain Pouty
7500+ posts
Fuck off!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Ah! A poser has shown up! Nowhereman gets a hold of you you'll be a smear on the pavement! And a big 'ol "fuck off" right back atcha!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People

But seriously.

I never had a problem with him until recently....a matter of years ago I suppose. But he just kept getting progressively more insane until things finally reached a breaking point. I'm not totally sure what drove him over the edge. I have a feeling it's a combination of malignant narcissism and bi-polar disorder--and of course the fact that he fries his brain for purposes of recreation (I'll never understand people who do that).

There's always been something wrong with his character, but he's just never really been given the opportunity to have it implode until his 10 year point.

Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves

As for Pro and Annie:

It might surprise many that for most of his time here, I didn't have a problem with Pro, up until he went off the deep end in the latter half of 2011.

Up till then, he was a left-leaning guy, and we got into it occasionally, but it was a dialogue where we each laid out the conservative and liberal perspectives of the argument.

Then he just got into this fanatical mindset, where --as Pariah said-- he just went bipolar or something, and it just became impossible to have any kind of a dialogue, where he would just hurl endless insults, and paraphrase others' posts, scripting us all as racists or whatever, and quite a few of us here put him on ignore, because it just became impossible to have anything resembling a conversation.

Especially with...

...Pro just went way the fuck off the deep end. He tries to come off as if he's just taunting those he disagrees with and having fun. But then he repeatedly says some really angry and intolerant things, and envisions violence to "exterminate those who won't evolve into the 21st century".
And then when caught at it, he just jumps into "Hey I was just kidding" or "yanking your chains" or whatever. No. He clearly wasn't.

And just smothered all dissenting opinion in an ocean of endless copy-and-paste.

In the last two years or so, I'd say Pro was the worst poster.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

This is fucking awesome. Seriously.

Since Pariah, G, and Jake decided to stalk me over at BLEEDING COOL (where I live now) for no real apparent reason yesterday, I decided to stop by to see if anything had changed.

Turns out: Nothing at all.

It's hilarious how the only two people who seem to think I'm "the worst poster evar!1!" (nice thread Pariah, I'm sure you made it with no personal motivation whatsoever) are the two who I continually proved to be the most ignorant (Dave) and the most psychotic (Jay Diddlio/Brick Wilson himself, Pariah).

While I am perfectly fine spending my time with slightly more rational voices (although, judging by some of their comic book love, I use the term 'rational' sparingly) over there, I guess the Republican Brigade got lonely. Sorry boys. I'm sure you miss me validating your hatred and intolerance. But, it gets boring constantly trying to help you get a grip on your personal loneliness and ineffectual lives. Time for you boys to grow up and walk on your own without me.

So, I gladly accept this award as "Worst Poster Evar!1!", take my bow, and now leave you once again. Feel free to continue to and (per usual).

I'll be \:lol\: the entire time. Come see me. You know where I'll be. ;\)

Love and (don't) miss you!

-Pro

P.S. When the Dems swept the election (again!) did you feel the wind of irrelevance, history, and progression hit you in the face? You may want to re-think your position in life. Seriously. I have a feeling the next couple of decades is going to be pretty rough on that bubble you live in. Come see me and we'll talk about the real world, and see if we can find you a place to grow old in it. Thanks!

P.P.S. Pavlovian Psychopaths! OCCUPY! That's just for you, Dave. ;\)

P.P.P.S. Hey everyone else! I actually DO miss the rest of you. Please feel free to come see me at the BLEEDING COOL forums.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pro
Since Pariah, G, and Jake decided to stalk me over at BLEEDING COOL (where I live now) for no real apparent reason yesterday

Nobody invites me to raids anymore. \:\(

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Online Content
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
You're getting too old for this job, Mxy.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
Since Pariah, G, and Jake decided to stalk me over at BLEEDING COOL (where I live now) for no real apparent reason yesterday

Pro isn't lucid enough these days to warrant the effort.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
You're getting too old for this job, Mxy.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk

I don't post at Bleeding Cool. Never have. In fact I rarely even visit the site.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Like most of what Pro says, he outright lies or revisions what was actually said, so he can declare "I humiliated those guys", when in fact he is blind to the fact he made a fool out of himself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard