Print Thread
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

McAFEE ANTIVIRUS FOUNDER ON OBAMACARE:"THIS IS A HACKER'S WET DREAM"

Quote:
On Fox Business Network’s “Cavuto” on Wednesday, computer programmer and founder of McAfee, Inc. John McAfee said the online component of Obamacare “is a hacker’s wet dream” that will cause “the loss of income for the millions of Americans who are going to lose their identities.”

For starters, McAfee said the way it is set up makes it possible for fake websites be set up to fool people to think they’re signing up for Obamacare.

“It’s seriously bad,” McAfee said. “Somebody made a grave error, not in designing the program but in simply implementing the web aspect of it. I mean, for example, anybody can put up a web page and claim to be a broker for this system. There is no central place where I can go and say, ‘OK, here are all the legitimate brokers, the examiners for all of the states and pick and choose one.’”

“Instead, any hacker can put a website up, make it look extremely competitive, and because of the nature of the system — and this is health care, after all — they can ask you the most intimate questions, and you’re freely going to answer them,” he continued. “What’s my Social Security number? My birth date? What are my health issues?”

Watch: [video]

According to McAfee, there’s not a quick fix — and as long as it set up this way, it could be a playground for computer hackers.

“Here’s the problem: It’s not something software can solve,” McAfee continued. “I mean, what idiot put this system out there and did not create a central depository? There should be one website, run by the government, you go to that website and then you can click on all of the agencies. This is insane. So, I will predict that the loss of income for the millions of Americans who are going to lose their identities — I mean, you can imagine some retired lady in Utah, who has $75,000 dollars in the bank, saving her whole life, having it wiped out in one day because she signed up for Obamacare. And believe me, this is going to happen millions of times. This is a hacker’s wet dream. I mean I cannot believe that they did this.”

[Real Clear Politics video]

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Wonder why no one has hacked the British or Australian versions?

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
Wonder why no one has hacked the British or Australian versions?

I understand it correctly McAfee was referring to the particular Obamacare website/database setup being used and not the concept of socialized medicine per se:
  • For starters, McAfee said the way it is set up makes it possible for fake websites be set up to fool people to think they’re signing up for Obamacare.

“It’s seriously bad,” McAfee said. “Somebody made a grave error, not in designing the program but in simply implementing the web aspect of it. I mean, for example, anybody can put up a web page and claim to be a broker for this system. There is no central place where I can go and say, ‘OK, here are all the legitimate brokers, the examiners for all of the states and pick and choose one.’”

Instead, any hacker can put a website up, make it look extremely competitive, and because of the nature of the system — and this is health care, after all — they can ask you the most intimate questions, and you’re freely going to answer them,” he continued. “What’s my Social Security number? My birth date? What are my health issues?”

“I mean, what idiot put this system out there and did not create a central depository? There should be one website, run by the government, you go to that website and then you can click on all of the agencies. This is insane. So, I will predict that the loss of income for the millions of Americans who are going to lose their identities — I mean, you can imagine some retired lady in Utah, who has $75,000 dollars in the bank, saving her whole life, having it wiped out in one day because she signed up for Obamacare. And believe me, this is going to happen millions of times. This is a hacker’s wet dream. I mean I cannot believe that they did this.”

Do the British and Australian versions use a similar interface?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Hidden in Obamacare Site: Applicants Surrender Right to Privacy
  • the fact that you are giving up your right to privacy is hidden in source code that reads, "You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication of any data transmitted or stored on this information system."

During his questioning on this specific issue, Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) only received chilling answers and deflections from the primary contractor responsible for the site. When he asked Cheryl Campbell of CGI about it, icy response was that another contractor was responsible. After some pressuring, she admitted that she was aware of the hidden source code.

I suspect that the hidden source code may be just some attempt at clever butt covering from the White House, in case a hacker gets in and starts stealing identities. However, if that's the case , that still tends to be an admission of just how incompetent the roll out of the site was, in terms of how it works.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
If not for the deliberate sharing by the IRS of Tea Party/conservatives' information with other government agencies such as ATF, FBI, OSHA, DEA, etc., and with Democrat election activist groups as opposition research, and for harassment/intimidation, I might believe it was just CYA for potential I.D. theft.

It seems clear to me this is not about accidental identity theft, so much as giving themselves the right to use that information as a weapon to cripple their political opposition.
It's deliberate authoritarianism.

Potential identity theft is just the by-product.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Is it an established legal principle that you can hide something contractual in source code and it actually means something?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Security concerns continue to be raised about Obamacare website: lack of testing of healthcare.gov presented a security risk, according to an internal government memo written by IT officials at CMS days before the launch.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Yeah, that was beautiful, the way Sebelius was grilled in congressional hearings yesterday, and it was revealed that she and her HHS were warned about the way Obamacare's website would expose everyone who registered to identity theft, and for purely political considerations of appearance they launched the site anyway.

Incredible lack of regard.

Also telling was how Sebelius was asked by a Republican congressman, to share the same experience as those she compels to register for Obamacare, to give up her superior health coverage and register with Obamacare like everyone else is expected to. She refused, and said it would be illegal for her to.
But she does qualify, and it's NOT illegal.
She doesn't even know the qualification criteria for the "Affordable Care Act" that she oversees!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Federal computer glitch creating problems on New York's online health insurance exchange: Consumers having trouble processing applications are being advised to try again later.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
So... should the Democrats blame the Republicans, the insurance companies... or astonish us all with an unexpected surge of honesty, and admit Obamacare is a complete failure?

Ah, who am I kidding. They'll blame the republicans.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Hiring the A-team: Tech experts called in to try fixing ObamaCare site.

Wait. You mean to say that the private sector is better at doing something than the government? That's just crazy talk.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Administration meeting notes indicate only 6 ObamaCare first-day signups: Notes from an Obama administration meeting on the troubled ObamaCare site show six people signed up on the health care law's first day, as administration continues to refuse to release official enrollment numbers.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Administration meeting notes indicate only 6 ObamaCare first-day signups: Notes from an Obama administration meeting on the troubled ObamaCare site show six people signed up on the health care law's first day, as administration continues to refuse to release official enrollment numbers.

Yeah, Megyn Kelly had a great program on that last night. At the end of the first 3 days, Obama only had 250 prople registered nationally.

It's quite clear that no one in the DNC wants to discuss the numbers and are delaying their release, even to congressional investigative committees, because the numbers are so humiliatingly low.

They are delaying release for several weeks, in hopes that they will improve, so they can change the subject from how badly botched this Obamacare launch has been. I sincerely hope it implodes, so we can remove government micromanagement, and focus on creating private-sector incentives to lower cost and increase affordability of healthcare nationally.
Such as allowing companies to compete across state lines, to let a price-war lower cost. And allowing individuals to pool together to get group rates. And tort reform to lower medical lawsuits and fraud. All suggestions made by Republicans over 5 years ago, that Democrats ignored and shut out, in pursuit of a government controlled system THAT DOESN'T WORK.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Hiring the A-team: Tech experts called in to try fixing ObamaCare site.

Wait. You mean to say that the private sector is better at doing something than the government? That's just crazy talk.

Irony, that.

I don't trust a federal government that loses 16 billion a year on a state-owned monopoly with the U.S. Postal Service, that runs a medicare system where at least 33% of claims --in the tens of billions-- are fraudulent, that gave away over 5 billion in the last year to fraudulent tax returns to dead people and illegal immigrants, to do any better at improving healthcare with Obamacare.

And the last 31 days of the launched Obamacare have certainly borne those suspicions out.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Site to be shut down for 'extended' fix: ObamaCare website to be shut down Saturday night longer than usual so technicians can perform extended maintenance on the site that has been widely criticized.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Sebelius Given 'Websites for Dummies': Tennessee State Senator Brian Kelsey presented HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius with a gift of Websites For Dummies during a Memphis ObamaCare event

\:lol\:

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Con Men Prey on Confusion Over Health Care Act: Authorities have reported a rising number of consumer complaints, ranging from deceptive sales practices to identity theft, linked to the Affordable Care Act.

Link Copied to Clipboard