Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

This was over a week ago now, but Trump was a lively entry into the GOP field of candidates.

Although I don't know how serious he is about running. Or whether he is just trying to raise issues not previously discussed, and force others to address them.
His opening announcement was particularly lively and entertaining.

Particularly his stated positions on foreign trade, national defense, and the fleecing of the U.S. by China and Mexico. And the $19 trillion (and rapidly rising) national debt.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Trump's first interview after announcing, with Bill O'Reilly:

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

And with Brett Baier:

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

I don't know how serious he is about running. Or whether he is just trying to raise issues not previously discussed, and force others to address them.

...or just trying to raise his own national profile in advance of another TV or book deal.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I don't like Trump, but I'm with Dave on this one.

The more Trump pushes the issues that establishment republicans are running away from, the more they're forced to address them.

That's one of the reason I like Ted Cruz, but Trump might have more pop-culture power to get those messages across regardless of whether or not he stays in the race.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Could not pay me to attend one of his rallies...much less vote for the buffoon. But...and, this is a big but...his announcement will make the debates the most must see debates ever.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

I don't know how serious he is about running. Or whether he is just trying to raise issues not previously discussed, and force others to address them.

...or just trying to raise his own national profile in advance of another TV or book deal.

Yup. I have read speculation that this is an exercise to raise global public interest in his TV show.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
\:lol\:

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I don't know how Trump could raise his profile more than he already has in the last 30 years. He's already world famous several times over, and arguably the best-known businessman on the planet.

He's largely only received mockery for his effort to enter politics. Except for popular opinion polls, that have shown him jump to the number 2 position among the field of Republican candidates.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
My only hope for America right now is that those polls are the results of Democrats sabotaging the outright ridiculous debate rules set up by the RNC, FoxNews, and the like. Because--you know--they want that man and his special blend of crazy on the stage.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
At one point a long time ago I was delighted to see W win the nomination because I "knew" he couldn't win. And what makes him crazy compared to say Ted Cruz?

Fair play!
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Bush always just struck me as a little stupid. I never thought he was full on crazy. The American voter is much more forgiving of the former. The fact that it is just a couple of days removed from Donald going full retarded and--yet--he is already tripling down on the remark just proves how much crazy Trump can muster.

Ted will never be president because I do not think he can ever play for the votes outside his base. Within his wheelhouse, he may be of great stature. I just do not think a majority of the GOP primary voters will ever see him similarly...let alone the voting public at large. And, finally, there is just the simple fact that the GOP elites will freaking bury the guy in whatever news outlet will listen. Hell, they seemed to do a great job of knocking Newt off his game after he won SC. Just a matter of fact that if Drudge can make ducats, then Drudge will even sell the narrative to the people that complain loudest about the GOP establishment while reading the stuff on the site...and all the way to pulling the lever for the establishment choice because `at least he is not a democrat` like the squeaky wheels ALWAYS do.

::descends soapbox::

Last edited by iggy; 2015-07-21 5:21 AM.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
My only hope for America right now is that those polls are the results of Democrats sabotaging the outright ridiculous debate rules set up by the RNC, FoxNews, and the like. Because--you know--they want that man and his special blend of crazy on the stage.

I wish that were true. But if you go over to a site like free Republic, they're falling all over themselves calling Trump the real conservative in the race and everybody else in the race (including, sometimes, Cruz) a RINO.

Yes. You read that correctly. They're decrying RINOs while throwing their support to a Clinton pal who donated thousands to the DNC, supported Kelo and single payer healthcare and, until relatively recently, was actually a registered Democrat.

It's truly bizarre.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Another conservative in a conversation with me yesterday speculated that Trump (as you say, a friend of Hillary, and a longtime DNC campaign donor who has previously and recently endorsed many liberal issues) is deliberately sabotaging the GOP primary field, to secure the election for Hillary Clinton.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Trump: "I will win the Latino vote."

\:lol\:

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Another conservative in a conversation with me yesterday speculated that Trump (as you say, a friend of Hillary, and a longtime DNC campaign donor who has previously and recently endorsed many liberal issues) is deliberately sabotaging the GOP primary field, to secure the election for Hillary Clinton.

It would seem things changed years ago and a lot of conservatives have given to the Clinton Foundation btw. Trump has also given a lot of money to Karl Rove's Crossroads pac. My thought is he's just playing to the republican's base better than the other candidates. The problem isn't really Trump but the base. Also have to laugh at the media that loved giving him headlines when he was going after Obama via the birth certificate now feel differently about his coverage.

Fair play!
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

I wish that were true. But if you go over to a site like free Republic, they're falling all over themselves calling Trump the real conservative in the race and everybody else in the race (including, sometimes, Cruz) a RINO.

Yes. You read that correctly. They're decrying RINOs while throwing their support to a Clinton pal who donated thousands to the DNC, supported Kelo and single payer healthcare and, until relatively recently, was actually a registered Democrat.

It's truly bizarre.

And, he is still ahead in the two first post-bile spewing at McCain polls! Jesus fucking Christ!!! Hate to say it, but this is a sign that Obama derangement syndrome is an actual thing. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
You're too informed not to realize that Trump is raising issues of illegal immigration, and of our federal deficit approaching 20 trillion, that the other Republican candidates are not discussing, and even more so the Democrats are not addressing. Trump's rise in the polls is forcing them to discuss it.

Trump's rise in the polls is about discussing issues that are important to many of the American people. I don't see how you get Obama Derangement Syndrome out of that. Trump is saying that BOTH parties are leading us to destruction, and hopefully forcing other candidates to address it. It's my hope that Trump will leave the primaries, once another Republican has offered a better alternative, and out-trumped Trump on these issues.

Like millions of Americans, I don't see yet that Trump has voiced a lucid plan to deal with these issues, but I like that he is at least raising issues that no one else in the political field wants to discuss.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Trump beats Hillary in latest poll

Still not a Trump fan myself. But the fact he's doing as well as he is would seem to be an indication of how sick people are of political correctness and probably of Hillary and her sleazy behavior

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
4 times divorced and bankrupted guy vs the gal who still has the same husband and has a charity that helps lots of poor people. I understand the usual throwing of shit by your side but Trump isn't the republican frontrunner because he's seen as less sleazy than say Jeb Bush, Rubio or Hillary.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
4 times divorced and bankrupted guy vs the gal who still has the same husband and has a charity that helps lots of poor people. I understand the usual throwing of shit by your side but Trump isn't the republican frontrunner because he's seen as less sleazy than say Jeb Bush, Rubio or Hillary.

"vs. the gal who still has the same husband", a husband who has fucked every girl besides Hillary who he could get his hands on, including a few he has arguably raped, or at least abused his governer and presidential position to inappropriately sexually harass.
"The same husband", who Hillary Clinton stood by only for politically expedient reasons, to advance her own political ambitions. Even TIME magazine reported during Bill Clinton's presidency the heat of their exchanges before White House staffers, a hostility so deep that they slept in separate bedrooms. And that Hillary is a lesbian who regularly carpet munches on Houma Abedin (who by the way is still married to that tower of virtue and marital fidelity, Anthony Weiner).
Yeah, what a gleaming traditional marriage they have.

And yet Hillary Clinton defended her rapist/sexual-harasser husband and led the campaign to defame and destroy the women who reluctantly came forward. The women that Hillary Clinton herself knew to be simply telling the truth. Hillary Clinton's war on women!

"and has a charity that helps lots of poor people."
It's well established that the Clinton Foundation traded multi-million dollar donations with some of the most brutal regimes on earth, that are rife with political suppression and abuse of women. And well known for pay-to-play political corruption. Nations whose "charitable" donations buy influence and silence of a potential U.S. president, if Hillary Clinton were (increasingly improbably) to even get the nomination and be elected in 2016.

Your support of Hillary Clinton at this point just manifests your capacity to support corruption and outright evil, if you feel it will advance your liberal cause, by any means available, and by corruption and slander as a first and last resort.

If your unwavering support of Obama's demagogic race and class dividing debt-spiking treasonous cultural Marxist presidency didn't prove that already.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
THE TRUMPED UP STORY OF TRUMP'S PUERTO RICO STATEMENT

Quote:
Yesterday a small Puerto Rican news site published a story in which Donald Trump is reported to have told a group of potential donors that, if elected president, he would revoke the U.S. citizenship of anyone born in Puerto Rico.

Donald Trump eliminara la ciudadanía americana a los puertorriqueños de ser presidente – http://t.co/0IQTgjv9u1 pic.twitter.com/abJQTVDGEZ

— NoticiasPRTV (@Noticias_PRTV) August 21, 2015

The story was quickly shared by another Puerto Rican site.

¿Qué opinas? Alegan Donald Trump quiere quitarle la ciudadanía americana a los puertorriqueños http://t.co/XYWClFd2Kl pic.twitter.com/uEj7IB73dv

— Tu Noticia PR (@TuNoticiaPR) August 21, 2015

Neither article quotes Trump directly, and the second article mentions “South American news media” without providing a link or naming which outlets in particular.

Unable to find other reports to corroborate the story, we decided not to run it.

POORLY REPORTED story from @Noticias_PRTV alleging Trump would remove US citizenship from PRicans. Not buying it. https://t.co/DrmyAgc7er

— Julio Ricardo Varela (@julito77) August 21, 2015

We awoke this morning to find that Trump’s alleged statement has been picked up by other sites, even appearing in a Univision forum.

Now, it could be that Trump did actually say what he’s rumored to have said, but without at least a single confirmed source to back up the story, it’s merely rumor. Whether fact or fiction, the story is bad journalism, and bad journalism leads to the spread of bad information.

Plus, given the spotlight on Trump’s campaign at the moment, if this story were true, it would’ve been picked up by plenty of other news outlets. Puerto Ricans are peeved when they’re described as drug dealers, so a presidential candidate promising to revoke their citizenship would be major news—if the story were true.

With a ton of rumors and allegations presented as facts, people are fired up for the wrong reasons. The truth is you don’t have to put words in Trump’s mouth in order to outrage the public, because Trump already says outrageous stuff all by himself.

Then there’s the New York Times story in which a Trump supporter is quoted as saying:

“Hopefully, he’s going to sit there and say, ‘When I become elected president, what we’re going to do is we’re going to make the border a vacation spot, it’s going to cost you $25 for a permit, and then you get $50 for every confirmed kill.’

A Trump supporter actually said that, and we can be relatively certain of it because it’s quoted directly by a proven news outlet—either whose reputation will be ruined or whose revenue would take a hit if it were discovered that they printed bad information. This is how critical readers try to discern the truth from lies.

Unfortunately, with 2016 fast approaching, we can expect more hearsay and outright lies passed along as news. People will be looking to spur hatred against the party they disagree with, so we haven’t seen the last of these trumped-up stories.

The lady who cuts my hair is from Puerto Rico (and quite foxy!), and was on fire about this allegation, and swore to me that she has never voted, never registered, but she will register and vote for anyone other than Donald Trump.
She has no knowledge of the issues and does not watch the news, and could simply do a google search to see that it is false. But she --and millions like her-- are precisely the target demographic of this slander piece, and will never look up the facts, just believe it as tossed out there.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
4 times divorced ...

Funny how you get all 'family values' there...

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's funny that you bring up character as an issue and than think it's funny that it only applies to one candidate.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It's funny that you bring up character as an issue and than think it's funny that it only applies to one candidate.

Clean the schmegma out of your eyes. I've been critical/suspicious of Trump, including on this very thread.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So you can bring up character but I'm not supposed too? Not really understanding your remark about Trump's 4 divorces and bankruptcies. Do you feel they shouldn't reflect on his character?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Expanding on this a few posts back...

"vs. the gal who still has the same husband", a husband who has fucked every girl besides Hillary who he could get his hands on, including a few he has arguably raped, or at least abused his governer and presidential position to inappropriately sexually harass.
"The same husband", who Hillary Clinton stood by only for politically expedient reasons, to advance her own political ambitions. Even TIME magazine reported during Bill Clinton's presidency the heat of their exchanges before White House staffers, a hostility so deep that they slept in separate bedrooms. And that Hillary is a lesbian who regularly carpet munches on Houma Abedin (who by the way is still married to that tower of virtue and marital fidelity, Anthony Weiner).
Yeah, what a gleaming traditional marriage they have.

And yet Hillary Clinton defended her rapist/sexual-harasser husband and led the campaign to defame and destroy the women who reluctantly came forward. The women that Hillary Clinton herself knew to be simply telling the truth. Hillary Clinton's war on women!

"and has a charity that helps lots of poor people."
It's well established that the Clinton Foundation traded multi-million dollar donations with some of the most brutal regimes on earth, that are rife with political suppression and abuse of women. And well known for pay-to-play political corruption. Nations whose "charitable" donations buy influence and silence of a potential U.S. president, if Hillary Clinton were (increasingly improbably) to even get the nomination and be elected in 2016.

Your support of Hillary Clinton at this point just manifests your capacity to support corruption and outright evil, if you feel it will advance your liberal cause, by any means available, and by corruption and slander as a first and last resort.

If your unwavering support of Obama's demagogic race and class dividing debt-spiking treasonous cultural Marxist presidency didn't prove that already.

...this...

Did Monica think she was the only one? Book claims she lost it over Clinton's other affairs

Possibly Monica Lewinsky is still dealing with this, because she is unable to move on in her life. I read a while back that Lewinsky is a PhD in psychology, and yet is still unable to find work. A lasting payback from Hillary Clinton, who has done her level best to destroy Lewinsky, post-affair with her husband. Which is again manifestation of Hillary Clinton's war on women, destroying the lives and reputations of the women involved with Bill Clinton. Women SHE KNEW to be telling the truth, but who she orchestrated the slander and destruction of anyway.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Oh god, we're not really going to be treating this as a credible book teeming with veracity are we?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Oh god, we're not really going to be treating this as a credible book teeming with veracity are we?

What part of the account at that link seems unlikely to you?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Don't you know that token skepticism sounds more enlightened, and therefore assigns cause to deny everything?

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
How about the part where he is either lying in his book now or he lied to Starr and company in 1998 about a steward pushing a towel in his face and asking if it was semen? Byrne is either lying now or he committed perjury in 1998 and is no more credible than the shitbags he is cashing in on trying to bury.

But, hey, regurgitating twenty year old bullshit will be a great distraction from the shitty things that seem to be emerging from the DNC hack...so I'm sure Hillary sends her fucking regards.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

... the shitbags he is cashing in on trying to bury.

...bullshit... shitty....so I'm sure Hillary sends her fucking regards.

Always setting a high bar for the political dialogue.

Still way more credible than "shitbag" Hillary Clinton, who lied to the families of men who died in the Benghazi attack, set up an illegal private server that compromised national security, and then willfully destroyed that hard-drive to prevent those SUBPOENAED e-mails from being reviewed by Congressional and other federal investigators.

His allegations about how vile her treatment of Secret Service is, has also been independently verified by multiple other published accounts, by other Secret Service agents. Several of which I've quoted and linked here.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
For all his mistakes running for president as a non-career politician, I've come to respect Donald Trump as:

1) the only candidate making a priority of the greatest issues facing this country, such as illegal immigration, border security, Islamic terrorism, the U.S.'s poor judgement across presidents of both parties for at least 25 years in negotiating bad agreements for both the U.S. and its workers, weak foreign policy, and the federal debt. No other candidate has made a priority of these, and most leaders on the Democrat side pretend they don't even exist!
2) As a Washington outsider who is a populist/nationalist, who has the potential to sweep aside the globalist/lobbyist system that infects both parties, and as a result he is opposed by not just the Democrats and the (80% liberal) media, but also the lobby-controlled/establishment wing of the GOP as well.

I saw this interview of Newt Gingrich on Hannity's show on Monday, August 1st, and just ran across it again, where Gingrich does a good overview of what is at stake in this election:

I might be less inclined to put faith in Trump if there were anyone else even raising the issues that really matter. For raising them, Trump is labelled as a bigot and a racist, anything to discredit him.
Gee, what a surprise. The Democrats and liberal media liked McCain and Romney so much! And John Boehner and a few other establishment Republicans have made it clear they support Hillary over Trump, or over Cruz or any other conservative who would buck the lobbyist system that keeps them in power despite their continuous betrayal of the Republicans who voted for them. The fiscal cliff, raising taxes, the Republican-led Congress and Senate not repealing Obamacare as they campaigned and were elected to do in Nov 2014, John Roberts TWICE refusing to declare Obamacare unconstitutional, now the James Comey/Loretta Lynch decision not to prosecute Frau Hitlery despite the evidence, so many other betrayals.

It is precisely because of their unworthiness and unfitness to lead that caused Trump to be selected as the GOP candidate. If leaders in either party had represented the interests of the American people, Trump would not be the candidate now.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Not usually a fan of Hannity, but I think he did a great job on these two episodes Saturday and Sunday.

The first night he primarily focused on the surviving parents of children who were killed by illegal immigrants. Powerful and infuriating testimony, with hard statistics at several points of the annual crimes of illegals. Almost 650,000 felonies in the state of Texas alone!

I don't see how anyone could watch these mothers and fathers and not be moved. At several points, they say with outrage how Democrats talk about how compassionless it is to deport immigrants and break up families, and they powerfully respond "What about the breaking up of our families?!?"

While liberals like to front that illegals commit crimes at a ratio lower than that of U.S. citizens, that spin-point hides that there are tens of thousands of murders, rapes, kidnappings, drunk driving accidents, violent assaults, robberies that are committed every year by illegals, and that results in broken lives and broken families, and an enormous cost to taxpayers of over 100 billion annually. Committed by people who never should have been here in the first place, and have often been repeatedly deported.

Trump's part in the discussion is central, and it reflects well on him as a candidate who will truly make a difference, for which many interviewed are deeply appreciative.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Part 2 of 2, where Hannity (with Donald Trump as guest) explores INS and Border Guard's front-line work apprehending illegals at our border. Interviewed are many of the head people in INS and the Border Patrol. Looking both at what is currently done, what it's like for them to do their jobs, and what needs to be done to truly solve the problem. Along with former Texas governor Rick Perry, and former NY mayor Rudy Giuliani, who have successfully governed over similar issues.
n

Both these 1-hour shows present statistics and a frontline view of what it's like for INS and Border Security to do their jobs, and the obstructions put in their path by Democrats who want open borders, tie their hands, and prevent them from doing their jobs.

This is Donald Trump's signature issue, and he is well represented here.

It is pointed out that Hannity attended a Border Security meeting by Federal agencies specially prepared for the President that Obama ignored and did not attend!
Hillary Clinton likewise was invited to give her views on immigration, and did not even respond.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
What exactly is Trump's position on immigration these days? Seems like he's trying to soften his position to for the general.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

What is absolutely clear is Trump will stop illegal immigration and secure the border.
What is absolutely clear is Trump will secure our borders and severely punish criminal aliens and terrorists.

What is also absolutely clear is Barack Obama has not, and Hillary Clinton, if elected, will not.

The finer points of what to do with the 11 million-plus aliens already in the country is somewhat negotiable. But Trump has also been clear that there will be no amnesty. If not deported, they will at least have to return to their native countries before being re-admitted legally, and have to pay fines. If the border is secured first, I can live with that. Even at the most lenient Trump might end up doing, it would be far better than the alternative (nothing!) that Frau Hitlery offers.

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You saying something is absolutely clear is supposed to mean what exactly? There is nothing in Trump's past that makes it clear. He's the one that has benefited from shipping jobs out overseas. And than there are all those here he didn't pay for work done. He lies a lot. Why is it absolutely clear for you?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
at least when Trump lies it's not to the FBI or congress ;\)

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I don't even know that Trump's past actions make a "lie" of his present immigration policy. When Trump was manufacturing products overseas, he was a businessman following the market conditions, that in many industries means all your competitors are manufacturing overseas, and it becomes almost impossible to keep jobs in the U.S. when all your competition is using cheaper labor overseas.

I think at some point Trump realized this was hurting the U.S., and as he's said for 30-plus years (on video, repeatedly) he preferred not to run for office, and preferred to let other political leaders do what needed to be done. But when no one stepped up, he finally is running, to do what no one else will.

Trump's opinions have evolved over time.
Like, say, George H.W. Bush was first for abortion, and then as a presidential candidate, more informed, later opposed it (my views on the issue similarly evolved).
Or, say, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, who opposed gay marriage, and then expediently/opportunistically "evolved" their views, right before the 2012 election.
Or how Hillary Clinton, while the First Lady, defended the Confederate flag and preserving Confederate heritage, and now opposes it.

Amazing how none of that hypocrisy bothers you, M E M.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard