Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You actually skipped what Trump lied about. Guess I’ll take that as recognition on your part that he lied and not anything you can defend.

As for the Nancy smear, yeah not really a lot of merit. On the other hand a republican actually compared McConnell to Antoinette. Again Mitch’s state takes federal money while NY pays in. Mitch made a mistake trying to characterize much needed state aid as a blue state bailout. This is true elitism looks like and it’s as ugly as his physical appearance is.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
You actually skipped what Trump lied about. Guess I’ll take that as recognition on your part that he lied and not anything you can defend.

As for the Nancy smear, yeah not really a lot of merit. On the other hand a republican actually compared McConnell to Antoinette. Again Mitch’s state takes federal money while NY pays in. Mitch made a mistake trying to characterize much needed state aid as a blue state bailout. This is true elitism looks like and it’s as ugly as his physical appearance is.

Can you be more specific?
What are YOU lying about, that Trump is allegedly lying about?

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Lou Dobbs Tonight, April 22, 2020

In the opening minutes of his show Wednesday, Dobbs showed the internal contradictions in the AP's attack on Hydrochloroquine, despite that it was not even a complete study, not peer reviewed, and was actually hyped by the media in draft form before it was even officially made ready to publish.
Dr Marc Seigel further discusses it, beginning about 5 minutes into the clip.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Repost of the fact check you apparently didn’t read WB. Not sure how that justifies calling me a liar but maybe that’s just easier for you than trying to defend an actual liar.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Repost of the fact check you apparently didn’t read WB. Not sure how that justifies calling me a liar but maybe that’s just easier for you than trying to defend an actual liar.

As I've already established, you're a Media Matters lying talking points machine, propagandizing whatever the Democrat/Left is selling on any given day.

I've also already established that Factcheck and Politifact are branches of the far-left anti-Trump Washington Post and Tampa Tribune, that 75% of the time target Republicans/conservatives, and only to give the slightest semblance of unbiased neutrality and equal scrutiny do they factcheck Democrats.

In this case, you didn't even bother to pick a pseudo-neutral source, you parroted the talking points of CNN, disguised as a "factcheck". CNN, the network that was found in a Harvard study to tie with NBC as the most biased rabidly anti-Trump coverage, at a ratio of 93% of the time.

And that liberal bias (as sourced from the Media Research Center) reached 100% negative coverage during the Trump impeachment hearings.

CNN has been proven wrong on the facts once or twice a week every week that Trump has been president. One might think you'd stop believing them after a while. CNN is not a news agency any more, it is a P.R. wing of the Democrat Party. They don't even pretend otherwise anymore.

To go through just a sample of the propagandized distortions that you desperately cling to:

Quote:

President Donald Trump made yet another false claim about coronavirus testing on Wednesday, wrongly saying at a White House briefing that the US is conducting more tests than any governor probably even wants. In fact, numerous governors, including Republicans, have said that more testing is necessary.

Obviously the tests are not out yet in the numbers everyone wants. Pence said there will be 5 million of the new tests available before the end of April, and 20 million in the next month.
Trump does this thing that you apparently can't comprehend, called a joke, and said something to the effect that "Governors will probably have more tests than they want."
This is something MediaMatters and the Left consistently does, is spin intended light moments as if they were said with absolute seriousness. It brings to mind the comment Trump made at a rally, clearly a joke, where he said they FBI can't find Hillary's deleted e-mails, and jokingly said to the audience, "Hey, maybe we can ask the Russians for them." Liberal propaganda sites, including CNN and Media Matters, consistently allege "Trump asked the Russians for Hillary's e-mails" as if it was a secret backroom phone call to Putin, instead of a joke made to an audience of Trump supporters, televised natiowide by the mainstream media.

Quote:
Trump also continued to embellish about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's February 24 visit to San Francisco's Chinatown, inaccurately saying that she had held a Chinatown "rally." He continued to insist that his travel restrictions on China were a "ban," though they contained significant exemptions. And he threw in an old false claim about Michelle Obama for good measure.

That's like discussing a murder, and rather than discuss the knife in the victim's chest with the murderer's fingerprints, you obsess over whether the curtains in the room are white or light blue.
In the early weeks of an epidemic, Pelosi led and encouraged a crowd event that likely was a contributer to the spread of the viruss in California. Instead of Pelosi encouraging people to avoid crowds that would spread the virus, in her eagerness to call Trump a racist, she encouraged people to attend a crowded event, just to defy Trump's call for caution and his suspension of travel from China, that prevented 20,000 visitors a day from rapidly spreading the virus. Dr Anthony Fauci said Trump's travel ban was a "smart" and wide strategic move to prevent early spread of the disease, and to buy the nation vital time to prepare hospitals, ventilators and other vital equipment.
But CNN obsesses over whether Pelosi's event was a "rally" or a less formal crowd event. In either case, Pelosi encouraged people to go out into large crowds to get infected by a highly contageous disease.

In both examples, CNN strained to find a context where they could paint Trump as a "liar". But it is CNN and the foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Trump liberal media who are consistently proven the liars.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

As I've already established, you're a Media Matters lying talking points machine, propagandizing whatever the Democrat/Left is selling on any given day.

I've also already established that Factcheck and Politifact are branches of the far-left anti-Trump Washington Post and Tampa Tribune, that 75% of the time target Republicans/conservatives, and only to give the slightest semblance of unbiased neutrality and equal scrutiny do they factcheck Democrats.

In this case, you didn't even bother to pick a pseudo-neutral source, you parroted the talking points of CNN, disguised as a "factcheck". CNN, the network that was found in a Harvard study to tie with NBC as the most biased rabidly anti-Trump coverage, at a ratio of 93% of the time.

And that liberal bias (as sourced from the Media Research Center) reached 100% negative coverage during the Trump impeachment hearings.

CNN has been proven wrong on the facts once or twice a week every week that Trump has been president. One might think you'd stop believing them after a while. CNN is not a news agency any more, it is a P.R. wing of the Democrat Party. They don't even pretend otherwise anymore.

You employ an old propaganda technique here WB. I didn’t lie but because Trump does you accuse me of being a liar. Not just me of course but this also includes any media source that doesn’t act like an arm of the RNC. Conservapedia and Hannity are okay but most of the free and independent media must always be accused of not only being biased but an actual enemy of our country. It boils down to you being protective of Trump’s actual lies by repeat accusations of the other side that includes everyone that wouldn’t be willing to chant “lock her up” at a Trump rally. Right here for example you accuse me of being a liar but where did I lie specifically? I didn’t and I’m specifically citing Trump’s lies. Below you do try to defend them but it’s mostly more of the same. Trump lies but it’s everyone else’s fault somehow.
 Quote:

To go through just a sample of the propagandized distortions that you desperately cling to:

Quote:

President Donald Trump made yet another false claim about coronavirus testing on Wednesday, wrongly saying at a White House briefing that the US is conducting more tests than any governor probably even wants. In fact, numerous governors, including Republicans, have said that more testing is necessary.

Obviously the tests are not out yet in the numbers everyone wants. Pence said there will be 5 million of the new tests available before the end of April, and 20 million in the next month.
Trump does this thing that you apparently can't comprehend, called a joke, and said something to the effect that "Governors will probably have more tests than they want."
This is something MediaMatters and the Left consistently does, is spin intended light moments as if they were said with absolute seriousness. It brings to mind the comment Trump made at a rally, clearly a joke, where he said they FBI can't find Hillary's deleted e-mails, and jokingly said to the audience, "Hey, maybe we can ask the Russians for them." Liberal propaganda sites, including CNN and Media Matters, consistently allege "Trump asked the Russians for Hillary's e-mails" as if it was a secret backroom phone call to Putin, instead of a joke made to an audience of Trump supporters, televised natiowide by the mainstream media.

Trump has consistently been deceptive on our testing capacity. “Everyone who wants a test can get one” is something Trump said a while back. It’s still not true. Nor has he acknowledged that what he said wasn’t true. And in the last week Trump lied about the governors having the testing capacity that is needed. He’s lied about it just being democrat governors complaining about testing capacity. Now it’s supposed to be a joke as he continues to mislead on testing capacity? Governors have had to compete not only with other states and foreign governments for supplies but also our federal government. It’s actually really sick to even try to joke about them having more testing capacity than they want.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Trump is also saying he didn’t mean what he said about ingesting cleansers. It’s of course the media’s fault for reporting what he actually said.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Outside of the politics of this I hope everyone is doing okay here. Besides the pandemic itself so many people are being impacted with the shutdowns. And at this point I think it’s pretty clear that there is no going back to normal. Now it’s finding a way to a new normal. I suspect anybody that can work from home will be now doing that for the foreseeable future. Wherever social distancing can be be put in place for companies is going to be a must. Hopefully a vaccine works well enough that gets us closer to the old normal but that going to take some time. I’m hearing 12 to 18 months for a chance of having something that works and has been tested.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

You employ an old propaganda technique here WB. I didn’t lie but because Trump does you accuse me of being a liar.

No, M E M, you lied, and I exposed your lie. In point of fact, you accused Trump of lying, to hide your own party's lies, a consistent Leftist/Cultural Marxist tactic, as I clearly detailed.

And that is your party's and the broader Left's tactics for a century, to muddy the political waters by accusing Republicans of exactly what YOU YOURSELVES are guilty of.

For example, after decades of Democrat treason and collaborating with communist governments for over 70 years, your side accuses Trump and his campaign of collaborating with Russians to rig the 2016 election. Despite no evidence in 4 years of investigating Trump, even by partisan zealots like Peter Strzok, James Comey, Andrew Weisssmann and the entire Mueller special investigation filled with zealous democrat lawyers and DNC donors. And despite the abundant evidence that the Hillary Clinton campaign, the Obama administration, Perkins-Coie law firm, Fusion GPS, Bruce and Nellie Ohr, Christoper Steele, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page and others were all doing *EXACTLY* what they accused Trump officials of, and laid bait of fake "Russian assets" to try and entrap Trump officials.

Your party, not Trump, are the treasonous collaborators. But they tried to frame Trump for what they themselves, the Democrats and their moles in CIA, DNI, FBI and DOJ, are guilty of. And you, M E M, are a propagaandist trying to lie on the Dems' behalf, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. That your side, not Trump officials, collaaborated with the Russians and other foreign agents like Christopher Steele, like British, Italian, Ukranian and Australian diplomats, who were used to try and ensnare Trump officials, but they (not Trump officials) were the ones conspiring and receiving large payments and collaborating with foreign governments.

Originally Posted By: M E M
Not just me of course but this also includes any media source that doesn’t act like an arm of the RNC. Conservapedia and Hannity are okay but most of the free and independent media must always be accused of not only being biased but an actual enemy of our country.

Facts don't lie. And your side throws up a lot of fraudulent diversion to hide the facts, but the facts don't lie.

https://www.mrc.org/media-bias-101

The irony is that many journalists you dismiss as "right wing propagandists" such as Sharyl Atkisson, or Lou Dobbs, or John Solomon, or Geraldo Rivera, or John Stossel, or Lara Logan, or Bernard Goldberg, are objective journalists who concerned themselves with only reporting the facts, until the propagandists of the liberal media made clear there were certain facts the network executives did not want to report if they reflected badly on Democrats, no matter how corrupt those Democrarts are. These journalists had to go to Fox News and elsewhere just so they could again objectively report the news. As 25 years ago, they could still do on CNN or CBS News.
Many of these journalists are liberals! (Not "right wing"!) But they are disturbed by the mainstream's complete refusal to hold Democrats to the same scrutiny as Republicans.

How blind are you not to see that, M E M?

It boils down to you being protective of Trump’s actual lies by repeat accusations of the other side that includes everyone that wouldn’t be willing to chant “lock her up” at a Trump rally. Right here for example you accuse me of being a liar but where did I lie specifically? I didn’t and I’m specifically citing Trump’s lies. Below you do try to defend them but it’s mostly more of the same. Trump lies but it’s everyone else’s fault somehow.
 Quote:

You just completely made all that up, M E M. It has absolutely no resemblance to what I've actually said almost every day here for 4 years.
I even said despite that I voted for Trump, I was nervous aabout what he might do as president, if he got it wrong. But that far from making huge errors or dissappointing me, he has governed effectively far beyond my wildest expectations.
I've criticized his overly personal Twitter posts, that I feel distract from his accomplishments.
I was concerned about his trade war with China, particularly while the 2020 election was nearing.
I'm unsure about the release of tens of thouands of prisoners from jaails, given a second chance and shortened sentences. There's a great potential to accidentally release a murderer or other violent criminal.
I'm concerned about ending the sheltering of states too quickly, potentially resulting in a resurgence of the outbreak. And though the Covid-19 testing is not Trump's fault personally, it is frustrating tht the tests were not ready sooner. And only with adequate testing is it safe to re-open the economy. Pence has promised 5 million tests by the end of April (currently 4,600,000 as I said earlier) and 20 million by the end of May. so that shortcoming seems to finally be fixed. And with a faster test that has a result in 5 to 15 minutes.

So... in spite of your vindictive assumptions, I don't blindly endorse everything Trump does. I've posted multiple topics over the last 4 years where I've disagreed with or expressed concern about statements Trump has made.
But overall, yeah, I'm very pleased with Trump's actions as president. Not beecause I blindly believe everything he says, but becaue he has proven himself and exceeded my 2016 expectations, and quantifiably achieved more than even Ronald Reagan.

You truly have to be blind if you don't see that CNN makes up and rewrites reality every day to manufacture another false attack on Trump. No "objective" news network reports 93% or 100% negative coverage. (I sourced that from a Harvard study, by the way, not "right wing propaganda", you liar.)

And as I've pointed out for 16 years, Fox News for whatever conservative leanings, is the only network that has truly balanced ratios of positive and negative coverage of both political sides.
https://www.yelp.com/topic/new-york-foxn...journalism-2008

Facts again, from that "right wing" Pew Research center.
Pew is far rom conservative.

How you spin that as "right wing propaganda" I'll never be able to figure out. I often quote Washington Post, New York Times, USA Today and other mainstream sources, just to show that frequently the truth is so evident, that even they can't avoid the true facts, and unable to evade the facts, reluctantly report them.

For example, The New York Times and Washington Post early on reported about V P Joe Biden and Hunter Biden's corrupt pay-to-play with the Ukranians and the Chinese. But now they are cirling the wagons to protect Biden and labeling accusations against Biden as "right wing conspiracy theories" and "debunked", despite that THEY REPORTED IT THEMSELVES, and anyone can pull up the articles to prove it. I linked them in the "From Russia With Love" topic, and in the Mueller investigation topic.

But whatever, go on lying to yourself, M E M. I don't just post Fox News and Conservapedia. That's a blatant lie. The maajority of what I post sources for is from mainstream sources.

[quote=WB]

[quote=article]

I already deconstructed the "Trump lied" portion of this in my aabove post, that you somehow didn't process:

[quote=WB]Obviously the tests are not out yet in the numbers everyone wants. Pence said there will be 5 million of the new tests available before the end of April, and 20 million in the next month.
This is something MediaMatters and the Left consistently does, is spin intended light moments as if they were said with absolute seriousness.

It brings to mind the comment Trump made at a rally, clearly a joke, where he said the FBI can't find Hillary's deleted e-mails, and Trump jokingly said to the audience, "Hey, maybe we can ask the Russians for them."
Liberal propaganda sites, including CNN and Media Matters, consistently allege "Trump asked the Russians for Hillary's e-mails" as if it was a secret backroom phone call to Putin, instead of a joke made to an audience of Trump supporters, televised natiowide by the mainstream media.

Trump has consistently been deceptive on our testing capacity. “Everyone who wants a test can get one” is something Trump said a while back. It’s still not true. Nor has he acknowledged that what he said wasn’t true.

You're so delusional, M E M. Your partisan hate makes you spin as a "Trump lie" the fact that he was told by the CDC that the tests would be ready, and then the CDC did not deliver them.

I just linked articles a post above, from both Fox News and the Washington Post explaining that there was an accident where the CDC producing test kits contaminated the lab, and for several weeks it delayed production. That is not a "Trump lie", that is an error within the CDC, where they were unable to deliver what they promised to Trump and V.P. Pence.
You leap to blame everything on Trump.

But like I said, Trump is not a doctor or a CDC official. Those technical errors belong to the CDC, despite your vindictive need to rage on Trump for it and shift blame to Trump personally.

This much is true, to date, there have been about 4,600,000 tests done nationwide. Pence has promised 5 million by the end of April, and 20 million in May. The bugs in the CDC delaying the test kit have finally been overcome. Partly because Trump sent in outside medical officials to the CDC to find out what the fuck was going on, and to circumnavigte the bureaucratic problems and resolve it.

The same kind of bureaucratic nightmare Trump inherited when he became president.
1) Fauci in the month Trump was inaugurated (Jan 2017) in a videotaped speech said he foresaw a coming pandemic, but did noting to prepare for it.

2) The CDC supplies for a pandemic were exhausted and not replenished from pandemics that occurred while Obama was president. Again Fauci (NIH) and Redfield (CDC).

3) It wss literally known for years the dangerous conditions in biological research labs in China, specifically Wuhan (for example worn out seals on refrigerators and freezers in the Wuhan facility that could allow dangerous viruses to escape from storage, as occurred.) Again the NIH and CDC were aware of these conditions, for years, and did nothing to resolve them.

But yeah, it's all Trump's fault.

Regarding the current Covid-19/Wuhan Flu outbreak, CDC and NIH took China's word for it throughout Dec 2019/Jan 2020 that this was not an outbreak, not highly infectious, not transmittable human-to-human, despite the evidence to the contrary.

The NIH and CDC took China's word for it that the virus was not highly infectious, and transmissable human-to-human, scout's honor.
The NIH and CDC took the WHO's word that this was confirmed independently. It wasn't.

The WHO, NIH and CDC advised Trump that it was not necessary to suspend travel from China. Thank God Trump didn't listen to the "experts", and suspended travel from China on Jan 31st.

And a few important facts about China and the outbreak:

1) The Chinese government knew all through December and through early/mid January that this is a highly infectious and letal disease. They knew back to at least Dec 1st when I believe one of the patients died at a Wuhan hospital. There was at least one earlier case going back to Nov 19th. They finally warned the world on Jan 21st.
In January and February in Wuhan, the outbreak was so bad that the Chinese locked down Wuhan and allowed no travel out of the city. How could NIH and CDC not know this? Autralian reporters and film crews showed the events in real time as they happened in the video I posted early in this topic. The outbreak was so bad that the Chinese government dragged sick people out of their homes off somewhere to die. So bad that they used welding torches to trap people in their apartment buildings to die.
And you blame Trump

2) China cut off all internal travel from Wuhan to the rest of China. But never prevented travel out of the country to every other nation on earth. That's pretty clear intent of malice on the part of the Chinese government, that so far has killed 198,000 people worldwide, over 51,000 of them Americans.
And you blame Trump.

3) Taiwan, with their own research, warned the World Health Organization of how infectious and destructive this virus is. But WHO completely buried the warnings, and advised the U.S. and the rest of the world that it was perfectly okay to continue receiving travel from China. The WHO, who you trust and defend, was and is a conspiratorial part of the global outbreak and genocide. Them you find no fault with, but rage on Trump.

4) In addition to the clearly premeditated outbreak of Covid-19/Wuhan Flu to the rest of the world, China while downplaying the threat, purchased all the medical supplies the rest of the world needed to protect themselves from the virus China unleashed. Then they price-gouged these supplies, selling them back to the rest of the world at highly inflated prices.
China you find no fault with, but rage on Trump.

5) China at the same time as the worst outbreak in Wuhan, sent a Chinese trade delegation to the White House to meet with Trump and his staff to negotiate a deal. Any or all of these Chinese officials could have been infected, and killed our nation's leadership with the virus if they had been. The Chinese government was probably disappointed they were not infected. Another example of the callous endangerment of the U.S., endangering its very highest leadership, and that of other nations.
And it's Trump you rage at, not the Chinese government.

6) China continues to hide the true statistics of their outbreak in Wuhan and across the rest of China, and also witholds any research they have for understanding and treatment of "Covid-19"/Wuhan Flu.
But it's Trump you rage at, not them, where all the blame clearly rests.

And in the last week Trump lied about the governors having the testing capacity that is needed. He’s lied about it just being democrat governors complaining about testing capacity. Now it’s supposed to be a joke as he continues to mislead on testing capacity? Governors have had to compete not only with other states and foreign governments for supplies but also our federal government. It’s actually really sick to even try to joke about them having more testing capacity than they want.

Asked and answered in my last above post.
It just seems really petty, that you strain to blame Trump with piddly shit like this. Look above at the things China intentionally did to our country, and to the entire world. You really are an America-hating schmuck if you still blame Trump for this, and can't even acknowledge the clear blame that belongs to China. They tried to destroy our country, and it's very possible that beyond the shutdown and 51,000-plus deaths, they might successfully collapse the U.S. economy, and the global economy, in the coming months. Wake the fuck up.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Trump is also saying he didn’t mean what he said about ingesting cleansers. It’s of course the media’s fault for reporting what he actually said.

Sometimes a joke is just a joke. Trump makes a lot of jokes.

But in all seriousness, On OANN and Fox, it was reported that scientists are working on an ultra-violet light that can be inserted down the throat and into the bronchia passages, to kill the virus in the lungs, but in a way safe to humans.

They're also working, closer to completion, on an ultra-violet machine that rolls dowwn the rows of a passenger jet and projects ultraviolet rays on all the seats and surfaces, killing all bacteria and viruses.
They're also working on a version that can do the same in restaurants and other public places.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Outside of the politics of this I hope everyone is doing okay here. Besides the pandemic itself so many people are being impacted with the shutdowns. And at this point I think it’s pretty clear that there is no going back to normal. Now it’s finding a way to a new normal. I suspect anybody that can work from home will be now doing that for the foreseeable future. Wherever social distancing can be be put in place for companies is going to be a must. Hopefully a vaccine works well enough that gets us closer to the old normal but that going to take some time. I’m hearing 12 to 18 months for a chance of having something that works and has been tested.

In the short term, yes. But I disagree this is permanent. It stays this way until either 1) a vaccine is deveeloped, or 2) a remedy like blood serum, hydroxychloroquine, or remdesevir diminishes the worst symptoms. So that at some point, hopefully a month or two at most, treatment will exist so someone might get sick or even hospitalized, but it ceases to be life-threatening or a death sentence.

I'm frankly surprised that hasn't already haappened in the last month, during the high days of up to 2,500 deaths a day, when I thought doctors would more often use the above anti-virals and maybe save 95% of those ICU patients.
But doctors seem very reluctant to use those anti-virals. And many surviving hydroxychloroquine patients I've seen interviewed (linked with articles above) say they were at death's door, and when they requested or demanded these meds, they made an immediate recovery within a matter of hours. But they had to request or demand these medications before they were given, otherwise they would have been left to die in their beds.
The death total might be 15 or 20 thousand instead of 51 thousand, if doctors were less reluctant to use these "clinically unproven" medications. I fgure the clinical studies will be done within a month or two. But at this rate, the outbreak will be pretty much over and the drugs will not be needed by the time the studies are done.

As I linked above, doctors in the rest of the world are using these anti-virals on Covid-19, and have overwhelming good results of patients survive with hydroxychloroquine.
Only in the U.S. is there resistance to using these meds. Again it seems like a case of Trump favors these medications as "a good prospect", so therefore the Dems, liberal media, and anti-Trump wing of the medical community is absolutely against them, no matter what the evidence.

Laura Ingraham the last two days said she's spoken to a number of doctors who are using hydroxychloroquine and remdesevir, but are quietly doing so for fear of political backlash against them. But usage is incresing for these meds, even in the U.S.
Laura ingraham herself, while traveling in central America and other third-world nations, was prescribed hydroxychloroquine as an aanti-Malarial years ago. Ingrahmaa went there both to adopt a daughter in Guatamala, and also later to do news coverage. But she was prescribed it, with no side effects.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Sometimes a joke is just a joke. Trump makes a lot of jokes.

But in all seriousness, On OANN and Fox, it was reported that scientists are working on an ultra-violet light that can be inserted down the throat and into the bronchia passages, to kill the virus in the lungs, but in a way safe to humans.

They're also working, closer to completion, on an ultra-violet machine that rolls dowwn the rows of a passenger jet and projects ultraviolet rays on all the seats and surfaces, killing all bacteria and viruses.
They're also working on a version that can do the same in restaurants and other public places.

Honestly he tells a lot of lies than later it’s called a joke or some version of rationalization is used to dismiss his dishonesty. You have made your loyalty for republican power over honesty pretty clear.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Trump’s lies on Coronavirus

A long list of lies by Trump just on the virus.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

The misdirected Trump obsession continues.

Despite the science that increasingly shows this shutdown is not the most effective way to contain the Covid-19 virus and save lives.

THE DATA IS IN: STOP THE PANIC AND END THE TOTAL ISOLATION

Quote:
By Dr. Scott W. Atlas, Opinion Contributor — 04/22/2020

The tragedy of the COVID-19 pandemic appears to be entering the containment phase. Tens of thousands of Americans have died, and Americans are now desperate for sensible policymakers who have the courage to ignore the panic and rely on facts. Leaders must examine accumulated data to see what has actually happened, rather than keep emphasizing hypothetical projections; combine that empirical evidence with fundamental principles of biology established for decades; and then thoughtfully restore the country to function.

Five key facts are being ignored by those calling for continuing the near-total lockdown.

Fact 1: The overwhelming majority of people do not have any significant risk of dying from COVID-19.

The recent Stanford University antibody study now estimates that the fatality rate if infected is likely 0.1 to 0.2 percent, a risk far lower than previous World Health Organization estimates that were 20 to 30 times higher and that motivated isolation policies.

In New York City, an epicenter of the pandemic with more than one-third of all U.S. deaths, the rate of death for people 18 to 45 years old is 0.01 percent, or 10 per 100,000 in the population. On the other hand, people aged 75 and over have a death rate 80 times that. For people under 18 years old, the rate of death is zero per 100,000.

Of all fatal cases in New York state, two-thirds were in patients over 70 years of age; more than 95 percent were over 50 years of age; and about 90 percent of all fatal cases had an underlying illness. Of 6,570 confirmed COVID-19 deaths fully investigated for underlying conditions to date, 6,520, or 99.2 percent, had an underlying illness. If you do not already have an underlying chronic condition, your chances of dying are small, regardless of age. And young adults and children in normal health have almost no risk of any serious illness from COVID-19.

Fact 2: Protecting older, at-risk people eliminates hospital overcrowding.

We can learn about hospital utilization from data from New York City, the hotbed of COVID-19 with more than 34,600 hospitalizations to date. For those under 18 years of age, hospitalization from the virus is 0.01 percent, or 11 per 100,000 people; for those 18 to 44 years old, hospitalization is 0.1 percent. Even for people ages 65 to 74, only 1.7 percent were hospitalized. Of 4,103 confirmed COVID-19 patients with symptoms bad enough to seek medical care, Dr. Leora Horwitz of NYU Medical Center concluded "age is far and away the strongest risk factor for hospitalization." Even early WHO reports noted that 80 percent of all cases were mild, and more recent studies show a far more widespread rate of infection and lower rate of serious illness. Half of all people testing positive for infection have no symptoms at all. The vast majority of younger, otherwise healthy people do not need significant medical care if they catch this infection.

Fact 3: Vital population immunity is prevented by total isolation policies, prolonging the problem.

We know from decades of medical science that infection itself allows people to generate an immune response — antibodies — so that the infection is controlled throughout the population by “herd immunity.” Indeed, that is the main purpose of widespread immunization in other viral diseases — to assist with population immunity. In this virus, we know that medical care is not even necessary for the vast majority of people who are infected. It is so mild that half of infected people are asymptomatic, shown in early data from the Diamond Princess ship, and then in Iceland and Italy. That has been falsely portrayed as a problem requiring mass isolation. In fact, infected people without severe illness are the immediately available vehicle for establishing widespread immunity. By transmitting the virus to others in the low-risk group who then generate antibodies, they block the network of pathways toward the most vulnerable people, ultimately ending the threat. Extending whole-population isolation would directly prevent that widespread immunity from developing.

Fact 4: People are dying because other medical care is not getting done due to hypothetical projections.

Critical health care for millions of Americans is being ignored and people are dying to accommodate “potential” COVID-19 patients and for fear of spreading the disease. Most states and many hospitals abruptly stopped “nonessential” procedures and surgery. That prevented diagnoses of life-threatening diseases, like cancer screening, biopsies of tumors now undiscovered and potentially deadly brain aneurysms. Treatments, including emergency care, for the most serious illnesses were also missed. Cancer patients deferred chemotherapy. An estimated 80 percent of brain surgery cases were skipped. Acute stroke and heart attack patients missed their only chances for treatment, some dying and many now facing permanent disability.

Fact 5: We have a clearly defined population at risk who can be protected with targeted measures.

The overwhelming evidence all over the world consistently shows that a clearly defined group — older people and others with underlying conditions — is more likely to have a serious illness requiring hospitalization and more likely to die from COVID-19. Knowing that, it is a commonsense, achievable goal to target isolation policy to that group, including strictly monitoring those who interact with them. Nursing home residents, the highest risk, should be the most straightforward to systematically protect from infected people, given that they already live in confined places with highly restricted entry.

The appropriate policy, based on fundamental biology and the evidence already in hand, is to institute a more focused strategy like some outlined in the first place: Strictly protect the known vulnerable, self-isolate the mildly sick and open most workplaces and small businesses with some prudent large-group precautions. This would allow the essential socializing to generate immunity among those with minimal risk of serious consequence, while saving lives, preventing overcrowding of hospitals and limiting the enormous harms compounded by continued total isolation. Let’s stop underemphasizing empirical evidence while instead doubling down on hypothetical models. Facts matter.

Scott W. Atlas, MD, is the David and Joan Traitel Senior Fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution and the former chief of neuroradiology at Stanford University Medical Center.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

SANTA CLARA COUNTY RANDOM TESTING FOR COVID-19 DEMONSTRATES SPREAD OF VIRUS IS FAR WIDER THAN PREVIOUSLY KNOWN

Quote:
by Gretchen Vogel, Apr. 21, 2020

Surveying large swaths of the public for antibodies to the new coronavirus promises to show how widespread undiagnosed infections are, how deadly the virus really is, and whether enough of the population has become immune for social distancing measures to be eased. But the first batch of results has generated more controversy than clarity.

The survey results, from Germany, the Netherlands, and several locations in the United States, find that anywhere from 2% to 30% of certain populations have already been infected with the virus. The numbers imply that confirmed COVID-19 cases are an even smaller fraction of the true number of people infected than many had estimated and that the vast majority of infections are mild. But many scientists question the accuracy of the antibody tests and complain that several of the research groups announced their findings in the press rather than in preprints or published papers, where their data could be scrutinized. Critics are also wary because some of the researchers are on record advocating for an early end to lockdowns and other control measures, and claim the new prevalence figures support that call.

Some observers warn the coronavirus’ march through the population has only just begun, and that even if the antibody results can be believed, they don’t justify easing controls. “You would have hoped for 45% or even 60% positive,” says Mark Perkins, a diagnostics expert at the World Health Organization. “That would mean that there is lots of silent transmission, and a lot of immunity in the population. It now looks like, sadly, that’s not true. Even the high numbers are relatively small.”

The many different academic and commercial tests for coronavirus antibodies are still being refined and validated. They can show whether someone’s immune system has encountered the virus. But because no one knows what level of antibodies, if any, confers protection against the new virus, the tests can’t tell whether a person is immune to a future infection. And no one knows how long such immunity might last.

A German antibody survey was the first out of the gate several weeks ago. At a press conference on 9 April, virologist Hendrik Streeck from the University of Bonn announced preliminary results from a town of about 12,500 in Heinsberg, a region in Germany that had been hit hard by COVID-19. He told reporters his team had found antibodies to the virus in 14% of the 500 people tested. By comparing that number with the recorded deaths in the town, the study suggested the virus kills only 0.37% of the people infected. (The rate for seasonal influenza is about 0.1%.) The team concluded in a two-page summary that “15% of the population can no longer be infected with SARS-CoV-2, and the process of reaching herd immunity is already underway.” They recommended that politicians start to lift some of the regions’ restrictions.

Streeck had argued even before the study that the virus is less serious than feared and that the effects of long shutdowns may be just as bad if not worse than the damage the virus could do. However, Christian Drosten, a virologist at Charité University Hospital in Berlin, told reporters later that day that no meaningful conclusions could be drawn from the antibody study based on the limited information Streeck presented. Drosten cited uncertainty about what level of antibodies provides protection and noted that the study sampled entire households. That can lead to overestimating infections, because people living together often infect each other.

Streeck and his colleagues claimed the commercial antibody test they used has “more than 99% specificity,” but a Danish group found the test produced three false positives in a sample of 82 controls, for a specificity of only 96%. That means that in the Heinsberg sample of 500, the test could have produced more than a dozen false positives out of roughly 70 the team found.

A California serology study of 3300 people released last week in a preprint also drew strong criticisms. The lead authors of the study, Jay Bhattacharya and Eran Bendavid, who study health policy at Stanford University, worked with colleagues to recruit the residents of Santa Clara county through ads on Facebook. Fifty antibody tests were positive—about 1.5%. But after adjusting the statistics to better reflect the county’s demographics, the researchers concluded that between 2.49% and 4.16% of the county’s residents had likely been infected. That suggests, they say, that the real number of infections was as many as 80,000. That’s more than 50 times as many as viral gene tests had confirmed and implies a low fatality rate —-a reason to consider whether strict lockdowns are worthwhile, argue Bendavid and co-author John Ioannidis, who studies public health at Stanford.

On the day the preprint posted, co-author Andrew Bogan—a biotech investor with a biophysics Ph.D.—published an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal asking, “If policy makers were aware from the outset that the Covid-19 death toll would be closer to that of seasonal flu … would they have risked tens of millions of jobs and livelihoods?” The op-ed did not initially disclose his role in the study.

Yet Twitter threads and blog posts outlined a litany of apparent problems with the Santa Clara study. Recruiting through Facebook likely attracted people with COVID-19–like symptoms who wanted to be tested, boosting the apparent positive rate. Because the absolute numbers of positive tests were so small, false positives may have been nearly as common as real infections. The study also had relatively few participants from low-income and minority populations, meaning the statistical adjustments the researchers made could be way off.
“I think the authors of the paper owe us all an apology,” wrote Columbia University statistician and political scientist Andrew Gelman in an online commentary. The numbers “were essentially the product of a statistical error.” Bhattacharya says he is preparing an appendix that addresses the criticisms. But, he says, “The argument that the test is not specific enough to detect real positives is deeply flawed.”

Bhattacharya and Bendavid have also collaborated with Neeraj Sood, a health policy expert at the University of Southern California, to do a similar study in Los Angeles county. They used the same antibody test on 846 people selected by a marketing firm to represent the county’s demographics. In a press release issued this week, they estimated that roughly 4% of the county’s adult population has antibodies to the virus—as many as 300,000 people. (Sood told Science that 35 subjects tested positive.)

Another serology study, in the Netherlands, produced a similar figure for antibody prevalence that was revealed in the country’s House of Representatives on 16 April. Hans Zaaijer, a virologist at Sanquin, the Dutch national blood bank, who helped lead the study, says the team used a commercial test, which “consistently shows superior results” in validation studies, but didn’t provide more details. The results made it clear that the country was not yet near the “herd immunity” that some had hoped for. Nevertheless, the government said on 21 April that it would start to lift some restrictions in the coming weeks, opening elementary schools and allowing children’s sports teams to practice.

A small study in the Boston suburb of Chelsea has found the highest prevalence of antibodies so far. Prompted by the striking number of COVID-19 patients from Chelsea colleagues had seen, Massachusetts General Hospital pathologists John Iafrate and Vivek Naranbhai quickly organized a local serology survey. Within 2 days, they collected blood samples from 200 passersby on a street corner. That evening, they processed the samples—and shared the results with a reporter from The Boston Globe. Sixty-three were positive—31.5%. The result carries several large caveats. The team used a test whose maker, BioMedomics, says it has a specificity of only about 90%, though Iafrate says MGH’s own validation tests found a specificity of higher than 99.5%. And pedestrians on a single corner “aren’t a representative sample” of the town, Naranbhai acknowledges.

The pair says a paper describing the team’s results has been submitted to a journal but they shared the data with The Boston Globe first because “we felt there was an urgent infection control issue in Chelsea that warranted getting the information out.” The Boston researchers do not think quarantines should be eased, however. Better containment is urgently needed in Chelsea, they say, to help prevent further spread both within the community and in the larger Boston area.

Even if the antibody surveys show a COVID-19 death rate well below 1%, says Michael Osterholm, an infectious disease expert at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, control measures will be needed for a long time to avoid [a surge of patients resulting in] overwhelmed hospitals. “The seroprevalence data only confirm the challenge we face. The data [these studies] are generating … is just showing how hard this is.”

I selected this article because it is more critical than others of the sample tests done of large populations of regions throughout the U.S. and of other nations in Europe.
Santa Clara county.
Los Angeles County.
Miami.
Four Ohio prisons.
And in the New York area.

The one in Miami showed 14% of the population there had been exposed.
The one in the New York area showed over 21% of the population had been exposed.
In the Ohio prisons, samplings showed 96% of those testing positive wer completely unsymptomatic.

This article dodges those exaamples, that also have samplings in the thousands of patients. But it does make clear that healthy skepticism has to ak how large each sample is, how well it represents the general population, and how accurate the testing is, that might contain a large ratio of false positives and false negatives.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Random sampling shows tens of thousands of missed coronavirus cases in Miami-Dade County

Quote:
by Andrew Mark Miller, April 24, 2020
Washington Examiner

A random sampling study shows that at least 6% of the population in Miami, Florida, have coronavirus antibodies, indicating past infection.
165,000 residents of Miami-Dade County tested positive for coronavirus antibodies, suggesting the rate of people infected could be more than 16 times higher than previously thought, according to a study released by University of Miami researchers on Friday.

The study, set into motion by local officials, will be an ongoing weekly survey randomly selecting residents who volunteer to submit pinpricks of blood to show whether they were positive in the past. Friday’s results were based off two weeks of countywide testing of about 1,400 participants, and researchers found that about half of those who tested positive did not report symptoms in the previous 14-17 days, according to the Miami Herald.

"What we're finding out is something we've frankly known all along. There are a lot of asymptomatic cases out there where people are carrying the virus but are not experiencing any symptoms," Miami Mayor Carlos Gimenez said in a press conference.

Antibody studies across the globe are reporting similar findings.

A high school in France this week determined that 25% of students and staff possessed coronavirus antibodies requiring nine hospitalizations but zero deaths.

A random sampling test conducted by Stanford researchers in Santa Clara County, California, concluded that the coronavirus is 50-85 times more prevalent than previously thought, and the fatality rate is 50-85 times lower.
Nearly one-third of a group of 200 people tested in Massachusetts were positive for virus antibodies.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

STATEWIDE ANTIBODY STUDY ESTIMATES THAT 21% OF NEW YORK CITY RESIDENTS HAVE CORONAVIRUS, CUOMO CITES

Quote:
by Jeremy Berke, Business Insider
April 23, 2020

A statewide antibody study found that 21.2% of New York City residents have been infected with the coronavirus, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday.
The study tested 3,000 New York residents statewide at grocery and big-box stores for antibodies that indicate whether someone has had the virus. Overall, it found that 13.9% of New York state residents had been infected.

The highest rates of past infections occurred in and around New York City, which has been the epicenter of the US outbreak. In Long Island, 16.7% tested positive, and in Westchester and Rockland counties, 11.7% tested positive. In the rest of the state, just 3.6% tested positive.
"What we found so far is that the statewide number is 13.9% tested positive for having the antibodies," Cuomo said. "They were infected three weeks ago, four weeks ago, five weeks ago, six weeks ago, but they had the virus, they developed the antibodies and they are now recovered."

When broken down by race, African Americans and Latinos tested positive at twice the rate of whites in New York — at 22.1% and 22.5% respectively, compared to 9.1% for Whites — though Cuomo said that these results are a function of where people live.
Men tested positive at a slightly higher rate than women, at 15.9% versus 12% percent respectively.

The tests were conducted in 40 localities across 19 counties in the state. New York state has 19.4 million residents, meaning that approximately 2.7 million have been infected with COVID-19, per the study. The state recorded just under 15,500 fatalities as of Wednesday, indicating a mortality rate of around 0.5% — far lower than previous estimates.
The study has limitations and Cuomo noted that the results are preliminary. To start, the study relied on a self-selected sample of New Yorkers who went to grocery stores where testing was happening. It's possible that those who thought they had coronavirus and are no longer symptomatic sought out tests.

"These are people who were out and about shopping," Cuomo said. "They were not people who were in their homes, they were not people who were isolated, they were not people who were quarantined."
The full results and methodology have not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal or released to the public.

The death toll remains high, but indicators are trending in the right direction
•The state reported 438 deaths on Thursday, down from 474 on Wednesday, bringing the death toll in the state to 15,740, per the Department of Health. The total number of cases is 263,460, though that number is likely higher based on the antibody test results, Cuomo said.
•Both intubations and ICU admissions declined as well, continuing similar trends for this week.
•Still, more than 1300 patients were admitted to hospitals on Wednesday. That number has remained relatively flat since late last week.

Here are the other key takeaways from Cuomo's Thursday press conference:
•The state will launch an investigation into nursing homes led by New York Attorney General Letitia James. The investigation will look into the high number of deaths recorded at nursing homes, and whether the homes are adhering to the Department of Health guidelines by isolating COVID-positive residences, providing protective care and temperature checks for workers, and notifying family members of positive tests, among other points.
•Cuomo said the lower rates of antibodies in upstate New York could provide credence to a regionally-based reopening, letting stores, businesses, and schools reopen in areas where infection rates are lowest. Cuomo cautioned that the study's results are preliminary, and it won't be used immediately to make reopening decisions.
•Cuomo laid into Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, calling him a "self-proclaimed Grim Reaper" over McConnell's assertion that the federal stimulus package is a "blue state bailout" and that states like New York that are seriously affected by the coronavirus should consider declaring bankruptcy.

That last point was slipped in under the radar there, and without context.

McConnell's comments are about resisting doing bailouts for Democrat-governed states that had high debt and were teetering on the edge of bankruptcy for many years prior to the current Covid-19 crisis.
That federal bailouts would be a clandestine way for Dems to cloak bailouts for state bankruptcies that have nothing to do with the Covid-19 epidemic, and is just a clandestine way for Democrats to clear the books for their own irresponsible spending. Under cover of the current crisis.

It should also be pointed out that New Jersy has the second highest number of Covid-19 cases and fatalities in the U.S., and that is among New Jersey residents who commute to work in New York City. I haven't seen that cited in the cases of Connecticut, Rhode Island or Massachusetts, but I'd wager the high numbers for those states are for the same reason.
Certainly for Florida where I live, the first cases here were seeded by by New York area residents who flew here and/or have second residences here. Boca Raton where I live has the highest rate of any city in Palm Beach county, and many are from and feequently travel to New York. 60% of all cases in Florida are in Dade, Browward and Plalm Beach counties, the area of the state that has the largest travel to and from New York.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Cuomo has been making the case for states needing coronavirus aid money for a while now. States need the money because of the shutdowns and it’s not constitutional for them to declare bankruptcy as Mitch wants. To put this in more perspective, even republican King from NY compared McConnell to Marie Antoinette. This was a rare political miscalculation on Mitch’s part I think. Kentucky sucks on the federal money that NY and other states pay in. Cuomo is right that it’s been NY bailing out Mitch’s state all this time. For McConnell to block much needed aid to the states because he sees it as hurting blue states is really crappy nor smart partisanship.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Despite the science that increasingly shows this shutdown is not the most effective way to contain the Covid-19 virus and save lives.

We already knew the shutdown wasn’t the most effective way but because our government blew it on testing at the beginning of this that was what we were left with. As of last week we still don’t have enough testing despite what Trump has said. States are starting to partially reopen but it could happen a lot faster with less risk with more testing capacity.

And I don’t think it’s been established that you have immunity after having contracted Covid. Actually it sounds like that is very much in doubt right now. Hopefully that is not the case!

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2020-04-27 12:51 PM.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Cuomo has been making the case for states needing coronavirus aid money for a while now. States need the money because of the shutdowns and it’s not constitutional for them to declare bankruptcy as Mitch wants. To put this in more perspective, even republican King from NY compared McConnell to Marie Antoinette. This was a rare political miscalculation on Mitch’s part I think. Kentucky sucks on the federal money that NY and other states pay in. Cuomo is right that it’s been NY bailing out Mitch’s state all this time. For McConnell to block much needed aid to the states because he sees it as hurting blue states is really crappy nor smart partisanship.

Cuomo failed to prepare his own state for this epidemic when warned by his own health department in 2015, and despite having the highest ffatalities the lying Newspeak liberal media fawns over him as "the golden governor", despite the most devastating losses in the country, vastly hyper-spread by resistance to the China travel bans and Democrat public officials openly encouraging crowd events that exploded the level of fatalities. Including Mayor Deblasio, and his own New York city health director!

You keep trying to sell Mitch McConnell as Marie Antoinette, but as I already said above, that is a lying Democrat counter-narrative intended to hide and replace the Marie Antoinette image and commercials surrounding Nancy Pelosi and her $24,000 freezer filled with 12-dollar-a pint expensive ice cream for blue bloods, that *FAR* more fits the mold of Marie Antoinette.
As Pelosi simultaneously denies and stalls loans for weeks to intentionally kill millions of small businesses, more of which fold every day she delays, she sits around and calms her anxiety with expensive ice cream from her $24,000 freezer. Multiple pundits from both sides have marvelled at the incredible out-of-touchness of Pelosi to have done this interview and made these remarks.

In McConnell's case, the logic of what he says can only be distorted by the liberal media's deliberate omission of the facts: These Democrat states have been deficit-spending and bankrupting themselves for years, in many cases decades. It was not the Coronavirus crisis that bankrupted them, they were already broke. No federal bailout should be done to hide the Democrats' irresponsible deficit spending, that *FAR* preceded the current crisis.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

We already knew the shutdown wasn’t the most effective way but because our government blew it on testing at the beginning of this that was what we were left with. As of last week we still don’t have enough testing despite what Trump has said. States are starting to partially reopen but it could happen a lot faster with less risk with more testing capacity.

And I don’t think it’s been established that you have immunity after having contracted Covid. Actually it sounds like that is very much in doubt right now. Hopefully that is not the case!

No. Not true.

The goal was to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed, and doctors and nurses having to "triage" and choose what patients they would attempt to save, and which would be left to die unassisted, as occurred in Italy, Spain, and China.

The goal of the shutdown was successful: Trump set up temporary hospitals, and used the military and private sector to assist im manufacturing ventilators and other vital medical equipment. So successful that much of those un-needed resources have been rediverted and shared with other parts of the country, and with other harder-hit nations in other parts of the world.

The closest our hospitals came to being overwhelmed was in the New York area, where there were 40,000 beds prepared, and at the high point of the crissis only 18,500 beds were filled. Thank God. Better overprepared, than not enough.
The point being, you are either lying, or misled by other Democrats' lying propaganda. It was sucessful, we are now over-prepared, and stocked up for another outbreak of Coronavirus or some other new outbreak.

Out government (at least not Trump) didn't "blow it". They prepared for the worst, and were successful. Gocvernor Andrew Cuomo estimated that 140,000 beds would be needed, and both he and his statisticians were dead wrong, and yet were never called on it. Ohhhhh, he's the golden governor, he's so presidential, what leadership! fawns the liberal media. Never citing the facts that if not for Trump's massive and disproportionate aid to New York state "Presidential" Cuomo would have been overwhelmed, and Cuomo's failure to act on the 2015 recommendations of his OWN STATE HEATH DEPARTMENT to prepare for such an emergency would have been exposed. Cuomo looks "presidential" despite that he failed his state and did nothing, and then Trump came in with federal aid that his Cuomo'ss negligence, and saved Cuomo's bacon.

To date, the U.S. under Trump has done far more testing then any other nation, abut 4.8 million tests, well on schedule for Pence's goaal of 5 million tests by the end of the month, and 20 million by the end of May.
It is only by completely misrepresenting the true facts that you can slander Trump. But the facts remain the facts.

Here is Newt Gingrich a week ago deconstructing how Democrats are deliberately stalling legislation and causing economic chaos, throwing tens of millionss of working Americans under the bus, just to try and damage the economy, to try and damage Trump, in the months before an election. Democrats don't give a damn about these people.

Gingrich: Democrats like Pelosi, Schumer, Whitmer, believe they have god-like decision-making capacity -April 20, 2020

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Cuomo failed to prepare his own state for this epidemic when warned by his own health department in 2015, and despite having the highest ffatalities the lying Newspeak liberal media fawns over him as "the golden governor", despite the most devastating losses in the country, vastly hyper-spread by resistance to the China travel bans and Democrat public officials openly encouraging crowd events that exploded the level of fatalities. Including Mayor Deblasio, and his own New York city health director!

You keep trying to sell Mitch McConnell as Marie Antoinette, but as I already said above, that is a lying Democrat counter-narrative intended to hide and replace the Marie Antoinette image and commercials surrounding Nancy Pelosi and her $24,000 freezer filled with 12-dollar-a pint expensive ice cream for blue bloods, that *FAR* more fits the mold of Marie Antoinette.
As Pelosi denies and stalls loans for weeks to intentionally kill millions of small businesses, more of which fold every day she delays, she sits around and calms her anxiety with expensive ice cream from her $24,000 freezer. Multiple pundits from both sides have marvelled at the incredible out-of-touchness of Pelosi to have done this interview and made these remarks.

IN McConnell's case the logic of what he says can only be distorted by the liberal media's deliberate omoission of the facts: These Democrat states have been deficit-spending and bankrupting themselves for years, in many cases decades. It was not the Coronavirus crisis that bankrupted them, they were already broke. No federal bailout should be done to hide the Democrats' irresponsible deficit spending, that *FAR* preceded the current crisis.

Yes Cuomo didn’t prepare for a pandemic just like Trump didn’t. And when republicans are comparing McConnell to Marie Antoinette it’s pretty out of touch that this is all partisan dem spin. Again Mitch’s state of Kentucky takes the federal money NY pays in. Now when NY needs help because of the pandemic Mitch wants to screw them over and all the other states? Bankruptcy isn’t even a legal Options for states and as Cuomo has explained will hurt the economy even more. Again Mitch’s state is actually the one that gets federally bailed out while states like NY provide the funding Kentucky takes.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Yes Cuomo didn’t prepare for a pandemic just like Trump didn’t.

You still haven't made a case for that, beyond partisan B.S.
Trump prepared resources far beyond what was needed, to the point that hospitals are sending staff home, naval hospital ships are being re-assigned, and even hardest hit New York is sending ventilators to other states. Trump's leadership is responsible for that over-preparation, so that we are now prepared for any resurgence elsewhere in the country.

Your side relentlessly manufactures fake issues and wild speculation about Trump, and the pandemic is no exception over the last 4 years:

TRUMP HAS CORONAVIRUS!
TRUMP AND FAUCI HAD A FALLING OUT! WHY WAS FAUCI NOT ATTENDING TODAY'S PRESS BRIEFING?!?
TRUMP IS FIRING FAUCI!
TRUMP IS FIRING HHS SECRETARY AZAR!!
FAUCI DISAGREES WITH TRUMP!!
Every time a day later your side and the liberal media is proven wrong, and they just move on a day later to the next lying fake talking point, never acknowledging they were completely wrong every previous day.

And when republicans are comparing McConnell to Marie Antoinette it’s pretty out of touch that this is all partisan dem spin.

The self-promoting former Republican representative from Michigan, who was a Republican and is now an "independent", who in truth caucuses with the Democrats. You're such a fucking liar, M E M. That's so clearly a lying narrative.

Again Mitch’s state of Kentucky takes the federal money NY pays in. Now when NY needs help because of the pandemic Mitch wants to screw them over and all the other states?

You're sticking to your lying talking points, that doesn't make them any more believable or true.
AS I SAID the debt these Democrat states have racked up far precedes the current pandemic crisis.
Why should the federal government cover for Dems' own irresponsibility, that going decades back, far precedes the pandemic? If it was only debt from the pandemic crisis, I'd say yes, they should be covered. But in truth it's just another Democrat deception, under cover of the pandemic crisis.
Democrat governors nationwide have engaged in deficit spending for decades, and want to use the current crisis to hide their irresponsible spending over many years, by having a federal bailout. No way.

Bankruptcy isn’t even a legal option for states and as Cuomo has explained will hurt the economy even more. Again Mitch’s state is actually the one that gets federally bailed out while states like NY provide the funding Kentucky takes.

Just to prove you're a fucking liar for blaming Republicans, Kentucky is led by a Democrat governor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Beshear
And throughout most of the preceding 15 years was run by Democrat governors.

Last time I checked, Mitch McConnell is a Senator, and not a governor or other executive in charge at any time of Kentucky's budget and spending.

The governors of Kentucky have been:

Andy Beshear (Democrat, December 10, 2019- present)
Matt Bevin (Republican, December 8, 2015 – December 10, 2019)
Steven Beshear (Democrat, December 11, 2007 – December 8, 2015)

It seems to me looking at this...

https://www.usgovernmentspending.com/spending_chart_2007_2017KYb_13s1li011lcn_H0t

...the explosion of public debt in Kentucky occurred under the 8 years of Democrat Steven Beshear, and that his successor Republican Bevin, whatever else he did as governor, initially made an improvement in reducing debt, followed by a spike in state debt in 2017.

In fairness, it seems to not be related to the decisions of governors of either party, but by lower bureaucrats who made bad choices funding the pension programs for Kentucky state employees, dating back to the 2008 national financial collapse:
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/ne...ere/2317233002/

But since you made it partisan, I thought I would point out this happened mostly on a Democrat's watch. Even though that appears to not be the root cause.
And this is for state budget deficit.

The issue we're discussing is federal funding of Kentucky (vs federal support of other states).
I've found 2 lists of the 50 states that list which state receives the most and least federal funding.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/eco...nment/39202299/
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

But neither list specifies the reasons why each state receives or doesn't receive federal funding.
I could understand why Alaska receives net federal funding (vs. paid tax dollars). Alaska is a state isolated from the rest of the country, that borders Russia and has oil and national defense benefits, despite having a small population. Why some of the others, such as Kentucky receive a lot of federal dollars (both personal/individual support with federal dollars, and state government support from federal dollars) is less clear.

State dependency on federal funding is something that was first solicited by FDR in the 1930's, that he used to buy loyalty, to turn states into Democrat supporters. That is where 8 decades of federal graft and pork spending began.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I’m not sure what you exactly consider a lie WB. Kentucky does take federal money. NY pays out Mitch’s state takes it. The governor may be a democrat but that doesn’t change the fact that Kentucky (like Florida) takes federal money while states like NY pays out more.

As for Cuomo not preparing for a pandemic like Trump didn’t, neither had the stock piles of supplies recommended. Trump of course takes no responsibility for not replenishing anything over the years he’s been President. What are you calling a lie?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I’m not sure what you exactly consider a lie WB. Kentucky does take federal money. NY pays out Mitch’s state takes it. The governor may be a democrat but that doesn’t change the fact that Kentucky (like Florida) takes federal money while states like NY pays out more.

As for Cuomo not preparing for a pandemic like Trump didn’t, neither had the stock piles of supplies recommended. Trump of course takes no responsibility for not replenishing anything over the years he’s been President. What are you calling a lie?

As I cited sources for above, there are a lot of details in that Federal money to states that is glossed over and unexplained, that smack of false narrative the way you (and Gov. Coumo) are spinning them.

As for the "both Trump and Cuomo didn't prepare" false narrative:
1) Gov. Cuomo was directly warned by his own Health Department in a 2015 written report that he was specifically deficient in several thousand ventilator machines, and yet Cuomo ignored the report. In N Y state, with the city that is the most densely populated in the country, that has been the target of multiple recent terrorist attacks. Cuomo had reason to be concerned and prepare, but he instead ignored specific warnings of his own health department.
2) Trump was in office a shorter time and was not similarly warned. Despite this, Dr Anthony Fauci gave a videotaped speech in Jan 2017 just before Trump was inaugurated, warning that a pendemic was likely from China in the next few years. It seems to me that Fauci (NIH) and Redfield (CDC) were the two who should have prepared for such a threat and sounded the alarm for funding and preparation, if only behind closed doors to the president. As with the long delayed Covid-19 test kits as well, it is their failure, not Trump's, to push for these preparations.
I would point out also that against their advisement to leave the border open, Trump gave an order to suspend all travel from China on Jan 31st, long before the first death by Covid-19 in the U.S. had occurred.
Fauci as well was on television on virtually every network downplaying that Covid-19 was a threat to the U.S., that the annual flu was a greater threat to Americans, and as recently as March 9th advised a caller asking if he should cancel his cruiseline trip due to Covid-19, Fauci advised him not to worry and go on his cruise!

These are the "experts" who lead the NIH and CDC! These were the people advising President Trump. Ossosite of Cuomo who was sspecifically warned of specifically such a pandemic outbreak, CDC and NIH were downplaying the threat to Trump.
And yet in lying demagogue narrative, you try to blame Trump for not acting?!? Be serious.
Trump did more than his leading medical experts, and yet you (the Democrats and liberal media, who were ALSO downplaying the pandemic threat until mid-March) demonized Trump as "over-reacting" and "racist" for the steps up till then he took, way beyond what Obama, Hillary, Biden, or any other establishment Democrat or Republican would have done.
Based on that evidence, you are such a fucking liar. Trump early on put an immediate stop to 20,000 visitors a day arriving from China. If Trump did less than he could have, blame the medical experts who were running CDC and NIH since at least when Obama was president, and some of them back to Ronald Reagan, who were assuring Trump those actions and preparations were not necessary. As I just detailed above, Trump resisted their advice and did more than Obama or any of the other Dems criticizing him would have done. Period. End of argument. Absolute fact.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Laura Ingraham devoted the majority of her program last night to a half dozen doctors who have seen clear results and saved many patients with Hydroxychloroquine.
And detailing the Democrat Left, liberal media, and apparently a Democrat-aligned wing of the medical establishment's propaganda holy war on progress, regarding a drug that outside the U.S. has proven to have a high ratio of success in fighting Covid-19, and saved many lives.

Laura Ingraham - April 27, 2020, Monday, 42 minutes

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Laura Ingraham devoted the majority of her program last night to a half dozen doctors who have seen clear results and saved many patients with Hydroxychloroquine.
And detailing the Democrat Left, liberal media, and apparently a Democrat-aligned wing of the medical establishment's propaganda holy war on progress, regarding a drug that outside the U.S. has proven to have a high ratio of success in fighting Covid-19, and saved many lives.

Laura Ingraham - April 27, 2020, Monday, 42 minutes

You like to paint this as a partisan issue WB but even Trump’s people like Dr. Fauci are not on board. I hope it does turn out to be a useful lifesaving drug to battle Covid but I don’t think we’re there yet.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

As I cited sources for above, there are a lot of details in that Federal money to states that is glossed over and unexplained, that smack of false narrative the way you (and Gov. Coumo) are spinning them.

As for the "both Trump and Cuomo didn't prepare" false narrative:
1) Gov. Cuomo was directly warned by his own Health Department in a 2015 written report that he was specifically deficient in several thousand ventilator machines, and yet Cuomo ignored the report. In N Y state, with the city that is the most densely populated in the country, that has been the target of multiple recent terrorist attacks. Cuomo had reason to be concerned and prepare, but he instead ignored specific warnings of his own health department.
2) Trump was in office a shorter time and was not similarly warned. Despite this, Dr Anthony Fauci gave a videotaped speech in Jan 2017 just before Trump was inaugurated, warning that a pendemic was likely from China in the next few years. It seems to me that Fauci (NIH) and Redfield (CDC) were the two who should have prepared for such a threat and sounded the alarm for funding and preparation, if only behind closed doors to the president. As with the long delayed Covid-19 test kits as well, it is their failure, not Trump's, to push for these preparations.
I would point out also that against their advisement to leave the border open, Trump gave an order to suspend all travel from China on Jan 31st, long before the first death by Covid-19 in the U.S. had occurred.
Fauci as well was on television on virtually every network downplaying that Covid-19 was a threat to the U.S., that the annual flu was a greater threat to Americans, and as recently as March 9th advised a caller asking if he should cancel his cruiseline trip due to Covid-19, Fauci advised him not to worry and go on his cruise!

These are the "experts" who lead the NIH and CDC! These were the people advising President Trump. Ossosite of Cuomo who was sspecifically warned of specifically such a pandemic outbreak, CDC and NIH were downplaying the threat to Trump.
And yet in lying demagogue narrative, you try to blame Trump for not acting?!? Be serious.
Trump did more than his leading medical experts, and yet you (the Democrats and liberal media, who were ALSO downplaying the pandemic threat until mid-March) demonized Trump as "over-reacting" and "racist" for the steps up till then he took, way beyond what Obama, Hillary, Biden, or any other establishment Democrat or Republican would have done.
Based on that evidence, you are such a fucking liar. Trump early on put an immediate stop to 20,000 visitors a day arriving from China. If Trump did less than he could have, blame the medical experts who were running CDC and NIH since at least when Obama was president, and some of them back to Ronald Reagan, who were assuring Trump those actions and preparations were not necessary. As I just detailed above, Trump resisted their advice and did more than Obama or any of the other Dems criticizing him would have done. Period. End of argument. Absolute fact.

Trump limited travel and than said it was under control. As it spread throughout the US he kept downplaying the threat. And for over 3 years did nothing to replenish the national stockpile. Are you going to pretend he wasn’t warned that we were unprepared for a pandemic at the federal level but Cuomo at the state level was? Most Governors are showing increased popularity as many have scrambled to compensate for a disorganized and slow federal response. Trump’s is back down to his most loyal fans.

Trump takes no responsibility at all and has spent hours on camera praising himself while rambling on with partisan attacks and misinformation in the middle of a pandemic. It’s all on tape and will be part of the historical record. I don’t believe the gop is going to be able to spin it.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Trump tells governors to seriously consider and maybe get going on opening schools.

Yeah it would be nice to reopen everything back up. It would be nice having a president that actually took responsibility and had some empathy too. Instead we have Trump saying crap like this when even by the feds standards it’s not safe to reopen schools.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

You like to paint this as a partisan issue WB but even Trump’s people like Dr. Fauci are not on board. I hope it does turn out to be a useful lifesaving drug to battle Covid but I don’t think we’re there yet.

That is the current narrative your side is selling.
Now that all your previous narratives were proven wrong.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Trump limited travel and than said it was under control. As it spread throughout the US he kept downplaying the threat. And for over 3 years did nothing to replenish the national stockpile. Are you going to pretend he wasn’t warned that we were unprepared for a pandemic at the federal level but Cuomo at the state level was? Most Governors are showing increased popularity as many have scrambled to compensate for a disorganized and slow federal response. Trump’s is back down to his most loyal fans.

I've seen no evidence that Trump was warned and then didn't act. The way Gov. Cuomo was clearly warned and didn't act.
Trump was acting on the advice of Fauci (NIH) and Redfield (CDC). And those officials were demonstrably assuring the public, and demonstrably advising Trump privately that there was no danger to the U.S., right up till March 9th.
As were the entire liberal media. Who you lyingly don't hold to the same standard.
As were Democrat leaders like Cuomo, DeBlasio, New York City's health department director, and Nancy Pelosi on the west coast. Who actually encouraged people to go out into crowd events and get infected. Democrats who you lyingly don't hold to the same standard.
All these Democrat officials you don't hold responsible to for lack of preparation... but you hold Trump accountable, despite that the medical officials advising Trump were saying every day into mid-March there was no danger? Despite that many of these Democrats officials and liberal media people were railing on Trump as "over-reacting" and "racist" for taking the preventive measures he did?

You're a joke, M E M, you clearly have an irrational one-sided standard, that mutates daily to conform with whatever the Democrat/Media Matters lying talking points are being fronted on any given day.

Despite the abuse Trump took, he clearly pushed for more preventive measures than anyone else would have. If Obama or Hillary or Biden were president, there would have been no travel bans, no southern border security, no move away from dependency on Chinese exports, no private sector mass production of Ventilator machines, of PPE medical equipment, and of test kits to replace the ones the CDC messed up. And the body count would be a lot higher, maybe in the 1 to 2 million originally predicted. THANK GOD Obama or Hillary were not president when this happened!

Trump takes no responsibility at all and has spent hours on camera praising himself while rambling on with partisan attacks and misinformation in the middle of a pandemic. It’s all on tape and will be part of the historical record. I don’t believe the gop is going to be able to spin it.

The liberal media is clearly part of a zealous partisan effort to destroy Trump. They will never give him credit, therefore he has to point out in press conferences what the media will not report.

If Trump cites his own accomplishments, it's because of a liberal media that absolutely refuses to. They screamed "there won't be enough ventilators! Hospitals will be overwhelmed!" When these things didn't happen, SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF TRUMP'S ORGANIZATION AND LEADERSHIP, the media never acknowledged his achievements, and just moved on to the next lying talking points attack.

You're just a lying talking points machine, for whatever lying narrative is being sold against Trump by the Left on any given day. Trump has gotten us through the storm, and is balancing that with economic recovery, and your side is trying to destroy him, AND THE COUNTRY, every step of the way.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Trump tells governors to seriously consider and maybe get going on opening schools.

Yeah it would be nice to reopen everything back up. It would be nice having a president that actually took responsibility and had some empathy too. Instead we have Trump saying crap like this when even by the feds standards it’s not safe to reopen schools.

While your side is selling its lying narrative to that effect, countries like Sweden, Austria,Belgium, Holland, Germany, Czech republic, and even Spain and Italy are gradually re-opening their countries. Far faster than the U.S.
While I share concern for opening the economy safely, and like anyone else am concerned about a resurgence, it seems to me that Fauci and Birx are overseeing that re-opening and as Birx said, they look county-by-county, and if there is a resurgence of cases, they will re-instate shelter restrictions. But clearly they want to do it right the first time, so they don't have to issue a new shelter order later.

You also seem to be selling (like so many times before) a lying narrative of a conflict between Fauci and Trump, despite that Fauci has never expressed that, and is right there in front of the cameras with Trump every day.

If you look at the numbers, the ratio of fatalities for the U.S. is lower than any nation in Europe except Germany. Why assume the worst, except because of a mindless hatred of Trump and partisan zeal to destroy him?

Sweden NEVER had a shutdown, and yet has a ratio of infections and deaths on a par with the U.S. and other countries. And as I cited with linked sources, the outbreak in the U.S. has been far wider than previously known, as revealed by random testing in Santa Clara county (San Francisco area), Los Angeles County, Miami, four Ohio State prisons tested, the New York state area, and foreign studies such as in Iceland.
This virus is highly infectious and spreading beyond expectations, but that ISN'T Trump'ss fault. Despite your obsessive need to MAKE IT his fault. The fortunate thing is in a majority of cases it is mild or even symptom free, and the fatality rate is far lower than they initially believed a few weeks ago. Previously believed to be about a 3% death rate, with random population tests nationwide now believed to be about 0.02%.

AGAIN: the reason for the shutdown was to prepare hospitals so they would be fully supllied and ready, and not be overwhelmed. That goal was reached and the peak passed around April 14th.
So what is the logic at this point of a complete shutdown, in a third of the country, that was never even impacted?

Many believe Democrat governors and their brethren in Washington are abusing the shutdown to advance authoritarian socialist abuses against gunstores and Christians and other groups they don't like, and to advance welfare spending and other spending way beyond the needed period. And to prolong the economic destruction to damage Trump in the November election. And in the process, throw 27 million small business owners and their hurting employees under the bus, just to advance Democrat power.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

I've seen no evidence that Trump was warned and then didn't act. The way Gov. Cuomo was clearly warned and didn't act.

I’m pretty amazed that you haven’t seen any evidence. Does it make any sense that a governor would have better intelligence and information about pandemic preparedness than the president? Nope. I’m sure I’ve posted several links to articles about how Trump really can’t truthfully say nobody could have seen this coming. Obama’s administration ran a simulation for the incoming Trump administration and they also ran one last year. Obama also had a pandemic response book that Trump didn’t follow. Supposedly because it was outdated but if it had been followed critical needed decisions would have been made much sooner.
Here’s the link..
Coronavirus Outbreak: a Cascade of Warnings Went Unheeded

There is plenty of evidence WB and it’s pretty easy to google and see it. I suspect somebody who thinks Trump proclaiming he takes no responsibility at all is great leadership isn’t going to “see” any evidence.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

I thought what Fauci said than sounded right as I do now. What was proven wrong?

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
GOP governors who took coronavirus seriously saw a huge polling bump. Trump didn't, and is tanking
 Quote:
President Donald Trump's polling numbers are tanking across the board amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Americans increasingly disapprove of his handling of the presidency as well as his approach to the coronavirus pandemic, and he's trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in the 2020 race, polling shows.

Comparatively, a number of GOP governors have enjoyed a surge in approval over their handling of coronavirus. Unlike Trump, these Republican leaders have consistently taken the threat of the virus seriously while following the guidance of public health experts.

After taking steps that left the US less prepared for a pandemic in his first three years as president, Trump ignored warnings from the intelligence community and top advisers on the potentially devastating impact of the virus, while publicly downplaying the threat for weeks.

But as the coronavirus outbreak escalated in startling ways across the US in March, leading the president to declare a national emergency, Trump saw his approval rating briefly go up in what pollsters dubbed a rally-around-the-flag effect. That quickly changed in April as the US death toll and unemployment rose to astronomical levels, while Trump simultaneously turned daily White House press briefings into campaign rally-like events in which he dominated the spotlight, berating reporters and spreading false information in the process.

The contrast between Trump's handling of the pandemic and the approach taken by a number of Republican governors could not be more stark. And the consequences of this with voters appears to be playing out in the polls.

I think Trump is convinced that if the economy isn’t back on the upswing he’s in trouble but he actually saw a slight bump when he changed his messaging on coronavirus to make it appear he was treating the pandemic seriously. It dissolved as he went back to partisan attacks and trying to shift blame all the while demanding praise. Hours and hours of Trump being Trump has paid off...for democrats.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I’m pretty amazed that you haven’t seen any evidence. Does it make any sense that a governor would have better intelligence and information about pandemic preparedness than the president? Nope.

What are you even babbling?

It's a fact that Gov. Cuomo was given a report by his own health department in 2015 (that I linked earlier) showing he was short several thousand ventilator machines of what was needed for specifically such an outbreak, and was urgently recommended to purchase thousands of ventilator machines for New York, particularly for New York City, the most densely populated region of the country, and aa well-known terrorist target.
Cuomo ignored the report, and actually for some reason auctioned off to an unknown buyer most of the other ventilator machines in the state's inventory. If not for Trump, New York state, already the most devastated region by Covid-19 IN THE WORLD, would have fared far worse in the last 2 months. No credit is given to Trump, who was for his effort repeatedly slandered by the governor he bailed out.

There was no such advance advisory given by NIH and CDC to President Trump. Fauci in a separate videotaped speech in Jan 2017, right before Trump was inaugurated, foresaw another pandemic outbreak occurring in the next few years, projected to be in the same category as SARS, MERS, and H1N1/Swine Flu. But this same Fauci consistently gave public assurances that Covid-19 was not a threat to the U.S., right up until March 9th !

Your babble about how "a governor would have better intelligence and information about pandemic preparedness than the president?" makes absolutely no sense.
Gov. Cuomo was given a task force report by his own state health department, specific to his state and New York City, the most densely populated city in the U.S., and one that had been the target of multiple terrorist attacks in the last 27 years.
If Trump did not receive advisories, that is a failure of the NIH and CDC, not of Trump himself. As I said, Fauci (NIH) and Redfield (CDC) were giving assurances that Covid-19 was not a threat right up through March 9th. If Trump's trusted medical experts did not see a pandemic threat to the U.S., why would you blame Trump and not them?

I’m sure I’ve posted several links to articles about how Trump really can’t truthfully say nobody could have seen this coming. Obama’s administration ran a simulation for the incoming Trump administration and they also ran one last year. Obama also had a pandemic response book that Trump didn’t follow. Supposedly because it was outdated but if it had been followed critical needed decisions would have been made much sooner.
Here’s the link..
Coronavirus Outbreak: a Cascade of Warnings Went Unheeded

There is plenty of evidence WB and it’s pretty easy to google and see it. I suspect somebody who thinks Trump proclaiming he takes no responsibility at all is great leadership isn’t going to “see” any evidence.

The New York Times is the same paper that has been caught making multiple embarassing false reports about Trump, that have been proven to be false.
Such as the story about alleged new witnesses of sexual abuses by Brett Kavanaugh. To the N Y Times' humiliation, *ALL* the "witnesses" cited in the article made public statements that they never said or witnessed the things alleged in the N Y Times article. That has happened repeatedly.
The New York Times has made it clear that they've devolved into an unreliable partisan rag that cannot be trusted to tell the truth, particularly about Trump. Their editorial leadership is rabidly anti-Trump, and their "news" reflects that. The N Y Times has become a propaganda wing like Media Matters and MoveOn.org.

When the N Y Times cannot be proven to have gotten the story wrong, they often report with "anonymous sources" that likely don't exist and are just another way to undermine and slander the president.

That N Y Times article is a perfect example of what Dr. Deborah Birx said in an interview on April 25th, that mainstream media tend to be very "slicey-dicey" with their headlines, where they give a headline that implies one thing, and several paragraphs into the article it actually says the opposite of what the headline implies, but that many don't read past the headline.
The article you linked doesn't indict Trump, it talks about pandemic preparation pretty much yearly for the last few years, and lower-level CDC/NIH preparation and concern, but that better preparation was either never pushed to higher levels for action, or was never made a priority over many years, either by presidents or by the Senate and Congress.

So ultimately... while the article may not be wrong, the way you presented it and what you implied it said, is again another lie.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I thought what Fauci said than sounded right as I do now. What was proven wrong?

There's nothing specific said here, but I'll be specific about several things Dr. Fauci (representing the NIH) has been wrong about.

All through January, February and up until March 9th, Dr. Fauci said that he didn't think Covid-19 would be a threat to the U.S., that the annual flu presented more of a threat. Fauci repeatedly said that Covid-19 was less a threat to the U.S. than the annual flu, that U.S. citizens should not change their behavior because of Covid-19, and sshould just go on with their lives as usual. He was clearly wrong.

On March 9th, appearing on CNN, Dr. Fauci took a question from a phone-in caller, a caller saying he was over 60 and had booked a cruise trip, but in light of the recent Covid-19 outbreak, he was considering cancelling his trip. Fauci advised him not to worry and go on with his cruse-ship vacation.
On March 9th!
As we've seen with multiple cruise ships less than 2 weeks after that broadcast, Fauci was clearly wrong. Cruise ships were clearly among the worst places to be during the pandemic. In some cases trapped aboard untreated for weeks.

Dr. Fauci and the NIH gave $3.7 million to the exact bio-medical research lab in Wuhan that is the source of this outbreak, for purposes of studying the exact line of bat-viruses that Covid-19 came from. It has been revealed that the Chinese and their "Bat man" doctor studying bat viruses, were actually working on how to create more virulent strains of these viruses from bats. So in effect, Dr. Fauci funded the very cause of the outbreak. Was helping fund Chinese bio-weapons for potential use against the United States.
Further, going back to 2016 and 2017, CDC doctors who visited the Wuhan bio-reseach lab reported alarmingly lax conditions at the lab, far below standards, that they warned could result in an outbreak. For example, worn-out rubber seals on refrigerators the viruses were stored in, that could result in the viruses escaping and spreading from the un-secured freezers.

Dr Fauci in January 2020 trusted the Chinese when they said the Covid-19 virus was not infectious and spread human-to-human, despite that over the last 20 years the Chinese have repeatedly proven themselves untrustworthy and secretive, in the SARS, MERS, and H1N1 and other epidemics. Fauci took the Chinese at their word, despite that the word of China has repeatedly proven worthless.

If Trump failed to act, it is because Fauci (NIH) and Redfield (CDC) as medical experts gave Trump assurances that he didn't need to act. Despite the advice to the contrary of both doctors, Trump initiated a suspension of all travel from China, 20,00 travelers a day, on Jan 31st. Trump was right, Fauci and Redfield were wrong.

Up til mid-March, anytime Trump didn't take maximum precautions, it was on the advice of Dr. Fauci. And as I said, Dr. Fauci was on television every day til March 9th offering assurances that Covid-19 would not affect the United States.

So much of what you blame Trump for, actually is blame you should put on Fauci and Redfield.

Further, as I linked earlier in an article on the delays in the test kits, it was when Trump sent outside people into the CDC and NIH to bypass the bureaucray in those departments that were holding things up that finally got mass-production of the test kits into motion.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
GOP governors who took coronavirus seriously saw a huge polling bump. Trump didn't, and is tanking
 Quote:
President Donald Trump's polling numbers are tanking across the board amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Americans increasingly disapprove of his handling of the presidency as well as his approach to the coronavirus pandemic, and he's trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in the 2020 race, polling shows.

Comparatively, a number of GOP governors have enjoyed a surge in approval over their handling of coronavirus. Unlike Trump, these Republican leaders have consistently taken the threat of the virus seriously while following the guidance of public health experts.

After taking steps that left the US less prepared for a pandemic in his first three years as president, Trump ignored warnings from the intelligence community and top advisers on the potentially devastating impact of the virus, while publicly downplaying the threat for weeks.

But as the coronavirus outbreak escalated in startling ways across the US in March, leading the president to declare a national emergency, Trump saw his approval rating briefly go up in what pollsters dubbed a rally-around-the-flag effect. That quickly changed in April as the US death toll and unemployment rose to astronomical levels, while Trump simultaneously turned daily White House press briefings into campaign rally-like events in which he dominated the spotlight, berating reporters and spreading false information in the process.

The contrast between Trump's handling of the pandemic and the approach taken by a number of Republican governors could not be more stark. And the consequences of this with voters appears to be playing out in the polls.

I think Trump is convinced that if the economy isn’t back on the upswing he’s in trouble but he actually saw a slight bump when he changed his messaging on coronavirus to make it appear he was treating the pandemic seriously. It dissolved as he went back to partisan attacks and trying to shift blame all the while demanding praise. Hours and hours of Trump being Trump has paid off...for democrats.

I was watching discussion of this last night on Fox Business News. Trump was at 60% approval two weeks ago on his handling of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Trump's approval on handling the Covid-19 outbreak has "tanked" to... 50% approval.
50% approval is pretty fucking high, for a "tank" in the polls.

I'd further point out that Trump currently has 56% approval on handling the economy. And the economy is the issue that presidents get re-elected on.

I'd suspect the 10% dip in approval has to do with national fatigue on the duration of the shut-down. But people certainly know that Biden and the Democrats absolutely offer no better alternative.
I'd also suspect that people feel a bit of anxiety and uncertainty about re-opening the economy. But if that goes well, then Trump should rise in the polls again.

I would argue that the death tolls were highest in the New York area, because that was a region where its leadership didn't take the crisis seriously, political leaders who ACTUALLY ENCOURAGED crowded festival and night club gatherings, so as to demonstrate not being "racist" like Trump. That resulted in an explosion of cases and deaths worse than anywhere IN THE WORLD! Trump can hardly be blamed for that regional failure.

And yet the New York governor who orchestrated that failure is hailed in the liberal media as the "golden governor" and "presidential", even as he oversaw the worst outbreak in the world. A death total that would have been far worse without Trump's federal assistance, providing more ventilators than were requested, providing field hospitals that went largely unused. Ventilators that Gov. Cuomo himself caused a deficiency of, despite a 2015 warning report.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) wrote a letter to Republican Arizona Governor Doug Ducey urging the wider use of hydroxychloroquine,proven 91% effective, based on data they have collected.

See also:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic...s-patients.html

So... why is there resistance to hydroxychloroquine?
Only because President Trump supports its use.

Most patients with hydroxychloroquine recover within 5 to 6 days.

The next closest is remdesevir, which cures people in 11 days, is more expensive, and can only be administered by IV in a hospital. Whereas hydroxychloroquine can be taken orally, usually in combination with zinc (that inhibits virus reproduction), and Azithromycin (a strong antibiotic). Hydroxychloroquine can be taken to prevent Covid-19 infection, can be taken early into symptoms of Covid-19, that prevents severe symptoms and hospitalization. And in multiple cases, several of which I've linked here, people were literally at death's door with Covid-19, and made a recovery within hours of hydroxychloroquine being administered.

It's highly suspicious that it's consistently Democrat governors and political leaders who oppose the use of hydroxychloroquine. Democrats who would rather let 2,000 people a day die than credit President Trump with a good decision in supporting its use.
Although the governor in this case is a Republican.

The only other reason I've seen speculated as a resistance to hydroxychloroquine is that it is inexpensive and not profitable to drug manufacturers, and apparently anyone can produce it, so it is not exclusively owned by any drug manufacturer. Again, hydroxychloroquine has been in use since 1944, and FDA approved since 1955, and highly prescribed for many years to patients with malaria, lupus, and lyme disease. Not just for 5 or 6 days as it is with Covid-19 patients, but is prescribed for years to people wih these lifelong chronic conditions, with no noteworthy side effects, which prescribing physicians cite as extremely rare.

A prescription for hydroxychloroquine is less than $20.00. So possibly the search is on for a more expensive patented drug that does the same job. Remdesevir fits that bill. Keeping people on ventilator machines is also more profitable.

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard