brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
There's no illusion of anything resembling a civil discussion where you're concerned. I think if Sammitch or PJP or WBAM had voiced the same views, you wouldn't have jumped at this post like a bulldog on a short leash. But because you saw it was posted by Wonder Boy, you just jumped into attack mode, like you consistently do to my posts in recent weeks.

So instead of defending your position or...I don't know, being a man and admitting you're wrong you choose to victimize yourself. Your kind are so predictable.

Uh... I've defended my position at considerable length across several posts.

And what have you contributed to this discussion, other than personal insults ?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I think if Sammitch or PJP or WBAM had voiced the same views, you wouldn't have jumped at this post like a bulldog on a short leash. But because you saw it was posted by Wonder Boy, you just jumped into attack mode, like you consistently do to my posts in recent weeks.

That right there is where you victimized yourself.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:...
That was playful use of a remark by Biden that was not meant as an attack on him, or Wednesday either for that matter.

OK, I guess I did jump the gun there.

As for the thread in general, your argument isn't really styled to win anyone over. What is your objective? While I don't think your racist, this just reminds me of all the people that I know that feel the need to say "Oh it's their holiday" or "how come we don't have a white history month?".

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:...
That was playful use of a remark by Biden that was not meant as an attack on him, or Wednesday either for that matter.

OK, I guess I did jump the gun there.

As for the thread in general, your argument isn't really styled to win anyone over. What is your objective? While I don't think your racist, this just reminds me of all the people that I know that feel the need to say "Oh it's their holiday" or "how come we don't have a white history month?".

I appreciate that, M E M.

What I'm saying is that there's a destructive mindset in the dominant liberal black culture in the U.S.

I think Black History month and Martin Luther King Day are potentially good things, if redirected in a more cross-ethnic and unifying way. Emphasizing how far we've come as a nation, and emphasizing black history as a part of the whole of American history, instead of as an afro-centric separatist bitterly self-exclusive culture, as it presently is.

I support the black community, but not in a way that I see as destructive to the rest of the nation, ideologically, divisively, and all too frequently, violently.
I support the black community in a way that includes blacks, ends ideological division, and makes us all a stronger nation.

Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I think if Sammitch or PJP or WBAM had voiced the same views, you wouldn't have jumped at this post like a bulldog on a short leash. But because you saw it was posted by Wonder Boy, you just jumped into attack mode, like you consistently do to my posts in recent weeks.

That right there is where you victimized yourself.

I didn't "victimize" myself, I just pointed out what a petty and vindictive idiot you've consistently been regarding my posts. I don't feel victimized, I just feel your comments have been a diversion to the serious discussion the grown-ups are having.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:

I think a better representation of a whit politician being racist is that guy who said macaca. I forget his name, but he actually spent some time in South Africa as a kid and macaca is a racist term for minorities there.
But he's a republican so....

George Allen, wikipedia listing

Allen explains his comment, and video of the incident

Explanation? he made a racial slur. if you slip and say the n word, you still said it. it was still there on the tip of your tongue.

Bow ties are coool.
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
You know, Jason, I don't doubt that you have another perspective on the issue, and I actually looked forward to seeing your counter-perspective to my views, explaining why you think I'm wrong, from your perspective.

I don't need to. Although he chose to word it in a different manner than I would have, Karl made some very good points that covered much of the same ground any post from me would have.

Plus, I fear you're too far gone. You're too entrenched in sound bites and ignorance for me to reach you. I don't have the time or the patience to spend hours educating you on the counter-perspective. You don't even know the facts. Start there then maybe we'll talk. Or maybe I'll get bored. Until then, a flip remark is all you get.

You know, that's funny.

I only get my racial perception from "soundbytes and ignorance" ?

Gee, that's funny, because I could have sworn I quoted sections from several books I read on the subject, and didn't just draw my opinion from soundbytes. Any soundbytes, actually. Show me where I quoted soundbytes.

You're right. What you've said so far is covered by the ignorance part. Just because it's from a book, doesn't make it an informed opinion, especially when those facts have been proven wrong or inconsequential time and time again.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
And while you voice pretty near the maximum dismissive contempt for my conservative opinion, I've done my best to listen to what you have to say

Not really.

You've quoted the same "fact" said the same thing in threads past, a fact you yourself tout. I've shown that they mean nothing. You don't respond when I do. Instead, you bring up the very same "facts" again. Doesn't sound like you're really listening.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
What makes you so damned sure you've got an inside track to "the facts"? I could be equally dismissive of you as being "deeply entrenced" in liberal propaganda, if I so chose to.

Because I've actually researched. I've looked at both sides and questioned what's said. Believe me, I've researched this particular topic more than you could ever dream. And I know when someone is using dated facts that prove nothing. And I know that means you haven't actually done any research passed those books that support the ideals you already hold.

If you have, then tell me what the other side of the discussion has to say. Refute the other side instead of quoting information that was debased as soon as it came out. Because when I bring anything up, you ignore it completely.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Jason E. Perkins didn't quote me. It hurt my feelings.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:

I think a better representation of a whit politician being racist is that guy who said macaca. I forget his name, but he actually spent some time in South Africa as a kid and macaca is a racist term for minorities there.
But he's a republican so....

George Allen, wikipedia listing

Allen explains his comment, and video of the incident

Explanation? he made a racial slur. if you slip and say the n word, you still said it. it was still there on the tip of your tongue.

Yeah, it seemed pretty clear to me, comparing the 2nd site to the Wikipedia listing of the incident, to be clear knowledge on Allen's part exactly what "macaca" means, from his time in South Africa & Tunisia.

I included the 2nd link just to show the attempt by his campaign to make an official explanation.
And the video clip.

Wikipedia said Allen also used racist language (the n-word) while in college.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:

Honestly, I thought I did.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
As I said at the beginning of this post, at times it felt like that's how you were coming across. It's a very touchy subject, and there's really not much room for ambiguity.

This is what I meant to quote, your part about ambiguity. I think it's important that if you're going to try to quote "facts" or make conjectures that you don't overstate then get mad when someone takes you literally. Mean what you say. Otherwise you're just backpedalling.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:

My posts are so forgettable that you can't even remember quoting them!!!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I didn't "victimize" myself, I just pointed out what a petty and vindictive idiot you've consistently been regarding my posts. I don't feel victimized, I just feel your comments have been a diversion to the serious discussion the grown-ups are having.

Still haven't proven me wrong. I like how you victimize yourself and attack me instead of discussing the actual topic of the thread.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
You know, Jason, I don't doubt that you have another perspective on the issue, and I actually looked forward to seeing your counter-perspective to my views, explaining why you think I'm wrong, from your perspective.

I don't need to. Although he chose to word it in a different manner than I would have, Karl made some very good points that covered much of the same ground any post from me would have.

Plus, I fear you're too far gone. You're too entrenched in sound bites and ignorance for me to reach you. I don't have the time or the patience to spend hours educating you on the counter-perspective. You don't even know the facts. Start there then maybe we'll talk. Or maybe I'll get bored. Until then, a flip remark is all you get.

You know, that's funny.

I only get my racial perception from "soundbytes and ignorance" ?

Gee, that's funny, because I could have sworn I quoted sections from several books I read on the subject, and didn't just draw my opinion from soundbytes. Any soundbytes, actually. Show me where I quoted soundbytes.

You're right. What you've said so far is covered by the ignorance part. Just because it's from a book, doesn't make it an informed opinion, especially when those facts have been proven wrong or inconsequential time and time again.

Perhaps it's your own ignorance?

Basically, you've said that no matter how researched and documented, no matter what the source, you have the answers, and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.
More than wrong: ignorant.
You have all the answers, your knowledge is superior on the issue to anyone else's. Because you were born black.

Well, there are many black americans, and many foreign-born black U.S. citizens who disagree with you, and many of them have publicly spoken and written on the subject to say you're dead wrong.

Okay, fine. I'm white, let's assume that disqualifies my opinion. What about them?

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
And while you voice pretty near the maximum dismissive contempt for my conservative opinion, I've done my best to listen to what you have to say

Not really.

You've quoted the same "fact" said the same thing in threads past, a fact you yourself tout. I've shown that they mean nothing. You don't respond when I do. Instead, you bring up the very same "facts" again. Doesn't sound like you're really listening.

That's total bullshit on your part.

HERE's my last response to the previous topic, where I voice openness to further considering your perspective, but question by what factual documentation you consider your black-liberal-spin statistics as somehow superior to the U.S. Department of Justice statistics of black criminal arrests and convictions.

I remained open to your opinion. You're the one who walked away, and didn't offer documentation to support your views.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
What makes you so damned sure you've got an inside track to "the facts"? I could be equally dismissive of you as being "deeply entrenced" in liberal propaganda, if I so chose to.

Because I've actually researched. I've looked at both sides and questioned what's said. Believe me, I've researched this particular topic more than you could ever dream. And I know when someone is using dated facts that prove nothing. And I know that means you haven't actually done any research passed those books that support the ideals you already hold.

If you have, then tell me what the other side of the discussion has to say. Refute the other side instead of quoting information that was debased as soon as it came out. Because when I bring anything up, you ignore it completely.

I've read articles as I've found them, representing both sides of the issue, and not found the black-liberal perspective you advocate to be credible.
The black liberal opposition's argument is always that the statistics for crime, education, etc., somehow always misrepresent black criminality, education, etc. And yet they somehow accurately reflect the status of every other racial demographic group.

What you voice is more of a conspiracy theory-- of deliberate misrepresentation of arrest and conviction records, to keep blacks from being accurately represented --than a documented credible argument.

As I've said before, even black police officers look at black suspects with more scrutiny. That's not "prejudice". That's experience, based on reality of who the criminals consistently are.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'll start here and respond in the way I would.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I guess it's also not a statement of any significance that every "Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard" in America, far from being a center of peace, is a center of crime, drugs and violence.

No, it isn't. Is it a statement of any significance that there was a shooting last year on Washington Boulevard in Pembroke Pines? What happens on a street named after someone has absolutely nothing to do with what they did in their lifetime. I could name my dog Rush Limbaugh. If he bites someone it means I have an ill-tempered dog that needs training ASAP. That's it.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
As I've said across several topics now (contrary to the "white racist" stereotype the liberal media likes to project) it is in fact blacks who commit the majority of racial violence against whites, at a ratio of about 50 incidents to 1.

You've said this before and I've responded to it. I'll quote.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
The last topic we had like this, I quoted some statistics on black on white crime (that occurs at about a ratio of 50-to-1, statistically). Even at a fraction of 1%, that is an alarming statistic.

But again, the liberal media stereotype leads the public, both blacks and whites, to believe that it is the reverse: that a majority of racial violence is against blacks, by whites. That is an infuriating misrepresentation of statistics.

This is what I really wanted to address, and sadly, I don't have much time. So I'll make it quick.

Last part first: that's funny. Seriously, I don't know where you got the idea that the media portrays white-on-black crime more heavily than black-on-white crime. I know that's the newest outcry from people on this side of the issue, but I don't even know where that comes from. It's not a statistic. Statistics point in the other direction--waaay into the other direction. So far into the other direction that news outlets have moved to remove assertions of race from news reports completely. It's that bad. But to believe that white people are the victims here is outright ridiculous. Please show me where you get this from.

Now, about the 50:1. I have five minutes so here we go. That 50:1 statistic was first brought to light by a book called "The Color of Crime: Race, Crime and Violence in America," by white nationalist, Jared Taylor. I say white nationalist because that's what he is, by his own admission. Taylor writes for and publishes a magazine called American Renaissance. If you don't know it, look it up. You'll find it in one of the seediest corners of the internet. You know how you say we should have an open dialog between the races. Just one look at the forums that surround the many sites devoted to Mr. Jared and his thoughts will show you why that has yet to happen. He's a big proponent of the idea of black genetic inferiority.

I tell you this not to show evidence that these numbers are incorrect--at least not yet--but to at least show how there might be a little bias shown in these numbers.

Now here's the deal in a nutshell. That statistic is true...sorta, but very incomplete. First, there are only two usual reasons to show that statistic: a) to provide credence to the argument that black people hate white people and, thus, commit racially charged violent crimes against them specifically, or b) to provide credence to the idea that black people are more violent, and therefore should be feared and profiled. There might be a c) or even a d) I'm missing, but I can't think of it now.

I'm typing mighty fast.

I'll address point a. First, these numbers come from the U.S. Justice Department. One problem with these numbers that you might not be aware of, though, is that when they were taken, the data for "whites" included those termed Hispanic by the Census, since nine in ten Latinos and Latinas are considered racially white by government record-keepers. If the numbers are split up to count Latinos separate from whites, you find that in any given year the majority of victims of violent crimes perpetrated by black people are people of color, not whites.

The other problem with Taylor's numbers is actually given light by another part of his argument. He states that these numbers are way out of whack since blacks are a small majority of the population. However, that's a two-sided coin. In 2002, whites were about 81.5 percent of the population (we're including Latinos now). That same year, "whites" were 51 percent of the victims of violent crimes committed by blacks. This tells us that white people were victimized less often by blacks than would be expected given the idea of random chance. In other words, if black people victimized white people LESS often than they should have if they had ignored the victim's race entirely.

I hope I was clear. I'm just going stream-of-conscious at this point.

Point b: We should profile by race. Here's the problem with that: according to several studies (none of which are addressed by Taylor) when community and personal economic status is compared between whites and blacks, there are no significant racial crime difference. Basically, if we ARE to profile, we should look in a person's bank account, not their skin color.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Something motivates this violence by blacks against other racial groups. And I beleive it's the sense of entitlement, of something owed to blacks. An indoctinated sense of rage, that blacks are somehow given license to lash out in acts of violence.

Let's talk about this. Lets talk about it because you talk about "An indoctinated sense of rage, that blacks are somehow given license to lash out in acts of violence." And although I'm sure you'd respond once again by stating that you don't MEAN every black person, I'm sure most people wouldn't take your quote that way. And while you may not feel bothered to have to use the words "most" or "some" when talking about black crime, I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way if I said white people are racist based on this, so let's be clear.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
And of liberal rationalization, not only within the black community, but also by non-black liberal politicians pandering to the black community, that rationalize such incidents as understandable backlash to "generations of racism" or whatever.

Okay, there's way too much opinion here based on generalizations. There is no way that anyone could prove or disprove this.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I say it again: every racial group on Earth has been discriminated against by every other group who could do so. Blacks are not unique in their suffering !

Should I sue the Italians for their Roman ancestors invading and seizing property of my ancestors?
The Huns?
The Vandals? The Visigoths?
The French?
The Scandinavians?
The Mongols?

How much is enough?

Well, first what you're saying is based on the "indoctinated sense of rage" you sense, and I'm sure that if I asked you to prove it, you'd show me where someone somewhere said something and hold that up as proof that many more people feel the same way. Unless you can give much better proof of this "sense of rage" that you deem so prevalent, this doesn't hold water.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I'm proud of the fact that the United States has come so far with civil rights. And I regard the attitude that clings to the past, and pretends it's still 1965, as spoiled, arrogant..

Again, you assume that this attitude exists. I'll bet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone, black or white, who would say things are the same as they were in '65. This is another assumption you've made.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
...and a breeding ground for precisely the kind of violence this article cites. I can discuss similar incidents, that are just as close to my home.

I can show and tell you many tales of white-on-black racism, from my personal life, from news stories, and I can even link to a few forums where white people are saying things about blacks that would make your hair stand on end. But I wouldn't, because it wouldn't prove anything more than that there are a few people who feel a certain way. It sure wouldn't say anything about an entire community.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
This attitude in the black community has to end, so the nation can move on, and blacks can enjoy the freedom that truly exists now.

Things aren't equal, ignorance and racism still exists. There's proof of that everywhere. Only those who choose to ignore it can't see.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
As I've said previously, while there are many incidents of black violence against other racial groups, there are many more blacks who feel that indoctrinated anger, but would not take that anger to the level of violence. But the indoctinated angry message is there just the same, and that is the true cause of alienation between blacks and the rest of America.

What are you basing this on? Your own insight into the black community? Please tell me more.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
And I have to wonder based on that: Are Martin Luther King Day and Black History Month true celebrations of freedom?
Or are they, in truth, part of the divisive "hate whitey" culture of rage?

It is whatever most individuals make it out to be. So far I've been shown where one black person and a group of white people have turned it into something else. A few dozen at most out of hundred of millions.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Seriously, I responded to this. I don't know where my posts are going today.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Perhaps it's your own ignorance?

Basically, you've said that no matter how researched and documented, no matter what the source, you have the answers, and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.
More than wrong: ignorant.
You have all the answers, your knowledge is superior on the issue to anyone else's. Because you were born black.
Well, there are many black americans, and many foreign-born black U.S. citizens who disagree with you, and many of them have publicly spoken and written on the subject to say you're dead wrong.

Okay, fine. I'm white, let's assume that disqualifies my opinion. What about them?

Didn't you just jump down Karl's throat for putting words in your mouth? Maybe you should follow your own advice.

I never said that my race made me more knowledgeable or that your race made you any less. I said that I've researched both sides and that THAT made me more knowledgeable and invited you to prove that you too have researched the other side by telling me what you know. If you can't, fine. But now you're playing the race card when your race and mine weren't even an issue.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
That's total bullshit on your part.

HERE's my last response to the previous topic, where I voice openness to further considering your perspective, but question by what factual documentation you consider your black-liberal-spin statistics as somehow superior to the U.S. Department of Justice statistics of black criminal arrests and convictions.

Again, you're saying that something happened that didn't. Where did I show "black-liberal-spin statistics"?

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I remained open to your opinion. You're the one who walked away, and didn't offer documentation to support your views.

Do you really want to know why I walked away? It's because you cherry picked. You did it in that thread and you're doing it in this thread. You're ignoring portions of posts (such as the part of my previous post from the other thread I quoted and all the parts of other people's posts I quoted earlier) and focusing on the parts you want to debate. I'd rather not go through the effort of typing paragraph after paragraph to no avail.

That's why I left the discussion.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I've read articles as I've found them, representing both sides of the issue, and not found the black-liberal perspective you advocate to be credible.
The black liberal opposition's argument is always that the statistics for crime, education, etc., somehow always misrepresent black criminality, education, etc. And yet they somehow accurately reflect the status of every other racial demographic group.

Show me where you found this.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
What you voice is more of a conspiracy theory-- of deliberate misrepresentation of arrest and conviction records, to keep blacks from being accurately represented --than a documented credible argument.

Aren't you saying that there's a liberal media conspiracy?

I've given you numbers before based on credible sources, but you chose not to believe. Fine, I'll use your own sources.

Feel free to show me where any liberal spin is used.

First I'll quote you numbers from the U.S. Department of Justice. But I won't use the numbers you used. Why? Because they're from the 1990s.

In 2002 the Justice Department reported that blacks committed roughly 1.2 million violent crimes. That's all violent crimes. Black on black, black on white, black on little green aliens. All of it. That number is significantly less than the numbers given in the 50:1 report used by Jared Taylor and co.

Any liberal spin yet?

Okay, same year. In 2002 there were approximately 29.3 million blacks in the U.S. 12 and over. That puts the black crime rate at 4 percent, or 40 crimes per 1000 black males.

Of course, you might be assuming right now that means that 40 out of every 1000 black males committed some form of violent crime in 2002. However, that's just silly. A majority of all crimes are committed by repeat offenders. If you really need more sources for that, I'll provide them, but really it's just common sense and I'm not sure how you can possibly see that as liberal spin.

So let's take some numbers. I'll even use numbers more conservative than those in the above link. Sources say that 70 percent of all crime is committed by about 7 percent of all offenders. And those aren't even the most stringent numbers. Those are the numbers based on a report out of USF. That report, by the way, has absolutely nothing to do with race. It actually argues against light punishment and letting people out on bail. Anywho, that means that 840,000 of the crimes by blacks would have been committed by just 7 percent of the black offenders. The other 93% would have committed the other 360,000.

Where's the liberal spin?

Now, after a quick trip to the calculator we find that this means that by generally acceptable reasoning (by both the liberal and conservative perspective), 387,000 black males between the ages of 12 and infinity committed violent crimes of some sort in 2002. 387,000 out of 29.3 million black males. That's .13 percent. I'll throw you a Jared Taylor handicap and double that. 774,000 yields .26 percent. Just over one quarter of a percent from a race filled with a "sense of rage." And yeah, that isn't black on white. In fact, black on white is less than half (it has to be since black on black is greater and we're not even including other races). Taking you back down to .13 percent with Jared in mind.

You're right, we must hate you.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
As I've said before, even black police officers look at black suspects with more scrutiny. That's not "prejudice". That's experience, based on reality of who the criminals consistently are.

Wow, this is...this is racist!

I mean, there's no way to deny it. Not only are you saying that looking at black suspects with more scrutiny isn't prejudice, but that it should be so.

I'm speechless!

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I guess it's also not a statement of any significance that every "Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard" in America, far from being a center of peace, is a center of crime, drugs and violence.

No, it isn't. Is it a statement of any significance that there was a shooting last year on Washington Boulevard in Pembroke Pines? What happens on a street named after someone has absolutely nothing to do with what they did in their lifetime. I could name my dog Rush Limbaugh. If he bites someone it means I have an ill-tempered dog that needs training ASAP. That's it.

That's a silly answer.

Streets named Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard are named with a clear intent to invoke the person and writings of Martin Luther King Jr.

Naming your dog "Fluffy" or "Rush Limbaugh" clearly doesn't have anything resembling the same intent.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
As I've said across several topics now (contrary to the "white racist" stereotype the liberal media likes to project) it is in fact blacks who commit the majority of racial violence against whites, at a ratio of about 50 incidents to 1.

You've said this before and I've responded to it. I'll quote.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
The last topic we had like this, I quoted some statistics on black on white crime (that occurs at about a ratio of 50-to-1, statistically). Even at a fraction of 1%, that is an alarming statistic.

But again, the liberal media stereotype leads the public, both blacks and whites, to believe that it is the reverse: that a majority of racial violence is against blacks, by whites. That is an infuriating misrepresentation of statistics.

This is what I really wanted to address, and sadly, I don't have much time. So I'll make it quick.

Last part first: that's funny. Seriously, I don't know where you got the idea that the media portrays white-on-black crime more heavily than black-on-white crime. I know that's the newest outcry from people on this side of the issue, but I don't even know where that comes from. It's not a statistic. Statistics point in the other direction--waaay into the other direction. So far into the other direction that news outlets have moved to remove assertions of race from news reports completely. It's that bad. But to believe that white people are the victims here is outright ridiculous. Please show me where you get this from.

Now, about the 50:1. I have five minutes so here we go. That 50:1 statistic was first brought to light by a book called "The Color of Crime: Race, Crime and Violence in America," by white nationalist, Jared Taylor. I say white nationalist because that's what he is, by his own admission. Taylor writes for and publishes a magazine called American Renaissance. If you don't know it, look it up. You'll find it in one of the seediest corners of the internet. You know how you say we should have an open dialog between the races. Just one look at the forums that surround the many sites devoted to Mr. Jared and his thoughts will show you why that has yet to happen. He's a big proponent of the idea of black genetic inferiority.

I tell you this not to show evidence that these numbers are incorrect--at least not yet--but to at least show how there might be a little bias shown in these numbers.

Now here's the deal in a nutshell. That statistic is true...sorta, but very incomplete. First, there are only two usual reasons to show that statistic: a) to provide credence to the argument that black people hate white people and, thus, commit racially charged violent crimes against them specifically, or b) to provide credence to the idea that black people are more violent, and therefore should be feared and profiled. There might be a c) or even a d) I'm missing, but I can't think of it now.

I'm typing mighty fast.

I'll address point a. First, these numbers come from the U.S. Justice Department. One problem with these numbers that you might not be aware of, though, is that when they were taken, the data for "whites" included those termed Hispanic by the Census, since nine in ten Latinos and Latinas are considered racially white by government record-keepers. If the numbers are split up to count Latinos separate from whites, you find that in any given year the majority of victims of violent crimes perpetrated by black people are people of color, not whites.

The other problem with Taylor's numbers is actually given light by another part of his argument. He states that these numbers are way out of whack since blacks are a small majority of the population. However, that's a two-sided coin. In 2002, whites were about 81.5 percent of the population (we're including Latinos now). That same year, "whites" were 51 percent of the victims of violent crimes committed by blacks. This tells us that white people were victimized less often by blacks than would be expected given the idea of random chance. In other words, if black people victimized white people LESS often than they should have if they had ignored the victim's race entirely.

I hope I was clear. I'm just going stream-of-conscious at this point.

Point b: We should profile by race. Here's the problem with that: according to several studies (none of which are addressed by Taylor) when community and personal economic status is compared between whites and blacks, there are no significant racial crime difference. Basically, if we ARE to profile, we should look in a person's bank account, not their skin color.

I notice you've also not included my response to this post, where I answered the points you raised.

Yours is clearly a one-sided response, that ignores the counter-response to the issues raised, that I've already given.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Something motivates this violence by blacks against other racial groups. And I beleive it's the sense of entitlement, of something owed to blacks. An indoctinated sense of rage, that blacks are somehow given license to lash out in acts of violence.

Let's talk about this. Lets talk about it because you talk about "An indoctinated sense of rage, that blacks are somehow given license to lash out in acts of violence." And although I'm sure you'd respond once again by stating that you don't MEAN every black person, I'm sure most people wouldn't take your quote that way. And while you may not feel bothered to have to use the words "most" or "some" when talking about black crime, I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way if I said white people are racist based on this, so let's be clear.

My repeated responses above make clear that I unquestionably don't mean "all blacks" are indoctrinated in this hostile victim/justified-retribution mindset. But that the prevalent message is put out there to all blacks in the U.S., that a large percentage reject that hostile/victim ideology, a large percentage buy into that hostile/victim ideology, and a smaller percentage not only buy into it but are moved to violence by that hostile ideology.

It's annoying that I've repeatedly said this, and that you've ignored my clarity on this point.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
And of liberal rationalization, not only within the black community, but also by non-black liberal politicians pandering to the black community, that rationalize such incidents as understandable backlash to "generations of racism" or whatever.

Okay, there's way too much opinion here based on generalizations. There is no way that anyone could prove or disprove this.

I think the comments by local black and liberal politicians after the innocent verdict of the 4 police officers who beat Rodney King, and the way it led directly to riots in Los Angeles, makes my point quite nicely.

And the whole "free the L.A. Four" for the 4 black thugs who almost murdered white truck driver Reginald Denny, whose only crime was driving down the wrong street.

TIME magazine in this period had a cover-story on the nationwide reluctance of blacks on juries to convict a black suspect and put him in jail, no matter what the evidence.

There are similar political statements by leaders of other major cities nationwide, pandering to liberal black voters, surrounding similar incidents of suspects beaten or killed by police that erupted in riots.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I say it again: every racial group on Earth has been discriminated against by every other group who could do so. Blacks are not unique in their suffering !

Should I sue the Italians for their Roman ancestors invading and seizing property of my ancestors?
The Huns?
The Vandals? The Visigoths?
The French?
The Scandinavians?
The Mongols?

How much is enough?

Well, first what you're saying is based on the "indoctinated sense of rage" you sense, and I'm sure that if I asked you to prove it, you'd show me where someone somewhere said something and hold that up as proof that many more people feel the same way. Unless you can give much better proof of this "sense of rage" that you deem so prevalent, this doesn't hold water.

The very calls from the black community for "compensation" for past racism, sheds light on the unrelenting anger and keeping alive spectres of past racism that have been gone since at least 1965.

As I said, such clinging to the past makes it impossible for healing between whites and blacks to occur.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I'm proud of the fact that the United States has come so far with civil rights. And I regard the attitude that clings to the past, and pretends it's still 1965, as spoiled, arrogant..

Again, you assume that this attitude exists. I'll bet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone, black or white, who would say things are the same as they were in '65. This is another assumption you've made.

Well, you yourself keep saying that racism still exists, and that blacks are still the victims of ongoing racism.

You've said that more directly in previous topics, but your talk about crime and education statistics being misrepresented (which you just quoted at length from the previous topic, while conveniently omitting my previous response) clearly manifests that here.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
...and a breeding ground for precisely the kind of violence this article cites. I can discuss similar incidents, that are just as close to my home.

I can show tell you many tales of white-on-black racism, from my personal life, from news stories, and I can even link to a few forums where white people are saying things about blacks that would make your hair stand on end. But I wouldn't, because it wouldn't prove anything more than that there are a few people who feel a certain way. It sure wouldn't say anything about an entire community.

So why mention it at all?

I can also discuss personal incidents, where I was bullied on a daily basis by a black guy twice my size, where a group of blacks tricked me into a blind corner, and would have beat the shit out of me if I hadn't given up my tickets at a football game, where I had a potential black manager grill me in a way that he never would have a black applicant, black managers who were discriminatory on the job toward white employees, black co-workers who excluded myself and other white employees, despite our best efforts to include them; and on and on.

I have first hand seen many incidents of the expectation of racist treatment, where blacks have made a huge issue out of nothing, because that carry that hostile/victim ideology inside them, and wait for the opportunity to lash out at the slightest perceived racism.

Conversely, I've seen incidents of unquestionable true racism toward blacks as well. One in particular an assistant manager at a Steakhouse I waited tables at. I quit shortly after he was pressured to leave. I knew he'd taken a manager job at Friday's restaurant, and I was pleased in 1992 to see him as the general manager of a Fridays location. He experienced discrimination, and persevered. The manager who discriminated against im at Steak & Ale was fired, and was unable to get another manager job elsewhere.

I don't deny that true racism toward blacks occurs, but I think it is far more often a false spectre.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
This attitude in the black community has to end, so the nation can move on, and blacks can enjoy the freedom that truly exists now.

Things aren't equal, ignorance and racism still exists. There's proof of that everywhere. Only those who choose to ignore it can't see.

Have I ignored it? Or have I acknowledged that it does exist, but that the divisive attitude and ideology that is indoctrinated into a large percentage of the American black community, is as big a problem as incidents of true racism against blacks?

I've said this consistently all along.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
As I've said previously, while there are many incidents of black violence against other racial groups, there are many more blacks who feel that indoctrinated anger, but would not take that anger to the level of violence. But the indoctinated angry message is there just the same, and that is the true cause of alienation between blacks and the rest of America.

What are you basing this on? Your own insight into the black community? Please tell me more.

I think that's clear enough. The indoctrinated victim mentality and hysterical cries of racism at every turn, are the cause of black alienation. And open-minded whites who are sympathetic to true racism, get tired of dealing with the hostility, to the point that we at times would rather avoid interacting with blacks, when we pick up the vibe of what their attitude toward whites is.

I say this from articles I've read, as well as my own experience working with black co-workers.

Some jobs I work with blacks, and we get along and socialize, both at work and outside the office.
Others, where I get the clear signals of hostility, I remain friendly, but avoid interaction.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
And I have to wonder based on that: Are Martin Luther King Day and Black History Month true celebrations of freedom?
Or are they, in truth, part of the divisive "hate whitey" culture of rage?

It is whatever most individuals make it out to be. So far I've been shown where one black person and a group of white people have turned it into something else. A few dozen at most out of hundred of millions.

My experience with blacks on this issue is more 50/50 ratio of hostile mindset toward whites. Sometimes more hostile, sometimes less. Usually the more educated the environment (such as working for a healthcare company, with black nurses), the more friendly and less race-separated. The less educated (such as an insurance company mailroom, or an auto rental company) the more divided black and white are.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

That's a silly answer.

Streets named Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard are named with a clear intent to invoke the person and writings of Martin Luther King Jr.

Naming your dog "Fluffy" or "Rush Limbaugh" clearly doesn't have anything resembling the same intent.

What?

A.) You skipped the part about Washington Blvd. I'll let it go, though.

B.) If I name my dog Rush Limbaugh, I have "a clear intent to invoke the person and writings of" Rush Limbaugh. That's obvious.

You're being silly.

And thus the point remains. What happens on any given Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard has nothing to do with the man himself. Nothing more than the dog, Rush Limbaugh, and the man himself.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I notice you've also not included my response to this post, where I answered the points you raised.

Yours is clearly a one-sided response, that ignores the counter-response to the issues raised, that I've already given.

And I responded to that response. Remember this?

But I'm not going to quibble over who responded to what. As I've said, I stopped responding because you cherry picked. However, if you want a response to the statistics you last gave I'll give it to you in one shot.

In 2000, after the surge in black population in the 90's and long after the numbers you gave in your response were taken, 211 million people reported themselves as "White alone" which accounted for 75% of the U.S. population. Up to 35 million people--12% of the population-reported themselves as "Black only." That's roughly 6:1.

And again, that means that the numbers you gave were all less than they would have been by blind chance were race not involved at all.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
My repeated responses above make clear that I unquestionably don't mean "all blacks" are indoctrinated in this hostile victim/justified-retribution mindset. But that the prevalent message is put out there to all blacks in the U.S., that a large percentage reject that hostile/victim ideology, a large percentage buy into that hostile/victim ideology, and a smaller percentage not only buy into it but are moved to violence by that hostile ideology.

It's annoying that I've repeatedly said this, and that you've ignored my clarity on this point.

It's annoying that you've repeatedly ignored requests from myself and others to clarify when you mean some, most, or all. You feel it's okay to make grand sweeping statements, because we should simply know what you mean.

Sorry, I'm not a mind reader. Feel free to get angry because I'm asking you to be clear. Then go ahead and do whatever you feel delivers the right message.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I think the comments by local black and liberal politicians after the innocent verdict of the 4 police officers who beat Rodney King, and the way it led directly to riots in Los Angeles, makes my point quite nicely.

And the whole "free the L.A. Four" for the 4 black thugs who almost murdered white truck driver Reginald Denny, whose only crime was driving down the wrong street.

TIME magazine in this period had a cover-story on the nationwide reluctance of blacks on juries to convict a black suspect and put him in jail, no matter what the evidence.

There are similar political statements by leaders of other major cities nationwide, pandering to liberal black voters, surrounding similar incidents of suspects beaten or killed by police that erupted in riots.

Show me.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
The very calls from the black community for "compensation" for past racism, sheds light on the unrelenting anger and keeping alive spectres of past racism that have been gone since at least 1965.

As I said, such clinging to the past makes it impossible for healing between whites and blacks to occur.

Again, show me. Show me where "the black community" is asking for compensation. I would LOVE to see this. Or do you mean "some blacks" want reparations? And by "some blacks" I mean an extreme minority. I'm really not sure, and as I've said I'm not a mind reader.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

You've said that more directly in previous topics, but your talk about crime and education statistics being misrepresented (which you just quoted at length from the previous topic, while conveniently omitting my previous response) clearly manifests that here.

What?

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

I can show tell you many tales of white-on-black racism, from my personal life, from news stories, and I can even link to a few forums where white people are saying things about blacks that would make your hair stand on end. But I wouldn't, because it wouldn't prove anything more than that there are a few people who feel a certain way. It sure wouldn't say anything about an entire community.

Ummm...that's my point. Why mention that there are incidents that have happened near your home? There's no reason.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I can also discuss personal incidents, where I was bullied on a daily basis by a black guy twice my size, where a group of blacks tricked me into a blind corner, and would have beat the shit out of me if I hadn't given up my tickets at a football game, where I had a potential black manager grill me in a way that he never would have a black applicant, black managers who were discriminatory on the job toward white employees, black co-workers who excluded myself and other white employees, despite our best efforts to include them; and on and on.

I have first hand seen many incidents of the expectation of racist treatment, where blacks have made a huge issue out of nothing, because that carry that hostile/victim ideology inside them, and wait for the opportunity to lash out at the slightest perceived racism.

So that's why you assume that blacks are a certain way in general. This makes so much more sense.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I don't deny that true racism toward blacks occurs, but I think it is far more often a false spectre.

Based on?

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Have I ignored it? Or have I acknowledged that it does exist, but that the divisive attitude and ideology that is indoctrinated into a large percentage of the American black community, is as big a problem as incidents of true racism against blacks?

You continue to allude to the idea that blacks should get over it, stop feeling like victims, and move on so that America can move forward and we can stop being alienated. However, nowhere in any of these posts have you said that whites have to do anything. If you have, correct me with a link.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I think that's clear enough. The indoctrinated victim mentality and hysterical cries of racism at every turn, are the cause of black alienation. And open-minded whites who are sympathetic to true racism, get tired of dealing with the hostility, to the point that we at times would rather avoid interacting with blacks, when we pick up the vibe of what their attitude toward whites is.

The open-minded whites?

Is that...supposed to include you?

You just said cops are right to look at black suspects more closely. You refute information that opposes your view as "liberal spin". But you're one of the open-minded white people who we should cater our mentalities and actions to?

To you?

No.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I say this from articles I've read, as well as my own experience working with black co-workers.

Some jobs I work with blacks, and we get along and socialize, both at work and outside the office.
Others, where I get the clear signals of hostility, I remain friendly, but avoid interaction.

My experience with blacks on this issue is more 50/50 ratio of hostile mindset toward whites. Sometimes more hostile, sometimes less. Usually the more educated the environment (such as working for a healthcare company, with black nurses), the more friendly and less race-separated. The less educated (such as an insurance company mailroom, or an auto rental company) the more divided black and white are.

White. Hot. Fear.

I pity you. You're a victim of your own self-perpetuating paranoia.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You know, I've thought about this (to the point where I can no longer enjoy the Bowl) and I think I finally understand.

I really do pity you, Wonder Boy, and I finally think I might understand you--at least in part. You've been victimized in the past and that's sad, but what's even sadder is that it's forced you to take on ideals that defy logic or understanding. It's a convenient fear. This mindset you have means that maybe for you those things happened not because of something you did or plain misfortune, but because of something you couldn't control: other people's feelings concerning their race and yours. And who knows? Maybe in at least one time it was.

I'm sorry, Wonder Boy. Not because I'm black and I feel that I'm responsible for the things every other black person do, but because the things that happened to you shouldn't happen to anyone, no matter what the reason.

And I hope that one day you'll be able to see beyond race and not think that 50% of all black people have something against you because you're white. I hope that for you and everyone, white, black, and everything else. THEN we can move forward.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
OP Offline
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Wonder Boy, you are using some sort of strange "Anti - logic" which I cannot comprehend.

I wish you could see this. That is all that I have to say on this subject. Others have already spoken very succinctly here, and any arguments I can muster would only be repeating what has already been said.

And, yeah, this is coming from me, a person who normally is very neutral in this forum, sorta like a one man Switzerland.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

That's a silly answer.

What?

A.) You skipped the part about Washington Blvd. I'll let it go, though.

B.) If I name my dog Rush Limbaugh, I have "a clear intent to invoke the person and writings of" Rush Limbaugh. That's obvious.

You're being silly.

And thus the point remains. What happens on any given Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard has nothing to do with the man himself. Nothing more than the dog, Rush Limbaugh, and the man himself.

A) Naming a street after Martin Luther King is not something the majority of Americans would push for. These streets clearly represent exclusively the black community, and Kings words and "Dream" of a "table of brotherhood". I've been abundantly clear, that this is unquestionably a more symbolic act than the naming of your average Washington Avenue.

That the black community allows these places to be the centers of crime and violence that they are ist to me, and I think many white Americans, quite telling.
Despite your spinning it otherwise.
It is clearly black Americans who named these King Boulevards, and it is clearly black Americans who allow them to be what they are, in their black neighborhoods.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

And I responded to that response. Remember this?

But I'm not going to quibble over who responded to what. As I've said, I stopped responding because you cherry picked.

I haven't "cherry picked" what I've responded to in your posts, I've taken your points one by one and responded to them in order.
I don't know how you can say that, when I've made every effort to respond to each of your voluminous points. And I realize my answers haven't been short either, but it's been in an effort to be clear.
But even when I'm clear, you don't give me credit for my clarity, while also squeezing in your way-off-the-mark psychoanalysis, alleging I blame blacks and have a "White. Hot. Paranoia.", when I clearly am not closed off to all blacks, only those who are openly hostile to me. And even with those, I make every effort to be friendly and courteous.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

However, if you want a response to the statistics you last gave I'll give it to you in one shot.

In 2000, after the surge in black population in the 90's and long after the numbers you gave in your response were taken, 211 million people reported themselves as "White alone" which accounted for 75% of the U.S. population. Up to 35 million people--12% of the population-reported themselves as "Black only." That's roughly 6:1.

And again, that means that the numbers you gave were all less than they would have been by blind chance were race not involved at all.

I get the basic drift of your point, although it's not 100% clear.
I really am trying to understand and respect your point of view, despite your personal mischaracterizations of me.

As I understand your point to be above, you're saying that the statistical numbers of black and white aren't quite equal to how they identify themselves in racial census.

But I would still argue that the census is accurate, because it represents how individuals themselves, both black and white, identify themselves in the census.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

It's annoying that you've repeatedly ignored requests from myself and others to clarify when you mean some, most, or all. You feel it's okay to make grand sweeping statements, because we should simply know what you mean.

Sorry, I'm not a mind reader. Feel free to get angry because I'm asking you to be clear. Then go ahead and do whatever you feel delivers the right message.

No, what's really annoying is that I've repeatedly answered this question, and you ignore my point.

I said that there's no way to fully tabulate how many blacks reject the liberal victims/justified retribution mindset.
Or how many buy into it and have an open or hidden hostility toward whites.

Only the crimes of those who commit violence can be measured.

But this much is clear: the victimized/something owed mentality is out there every day, constantly sold to blacks in broadcast political discussions, music, black television and movies, comedy, etc.
The message that "we are victims" is constantly out there to every black American. To the point that even I, as a white male, can flip channels, listen to music, see it perpetuated in movies and hear that perception repeated in the breakroom or in the neighboring cubicles at work.

So... don't try to tell me it's my imagination. I see it in every conceivable form of entertainment, and even at work.

You say there's discrimination you've personally experienced, and "thoroughly researched".
And yet mock me as "White.Hot.Paranoid." for pointing out what is painfully obvious to even a casual observer of black popular culture.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

Show me.

There was an incident in Chicago about a year after the 1992 L.A. riots surrounding Rodney King.

There have been multiple riots in Miami, in 1979, in 1990, and others I've forgotten. And in other major cities. It's hard to remember all of them.

All of them involved pandering by local politicians to the black community, that I think crossed a line and gave too much sympathy to black rioters.
Demanding justice is understandable. Rioting is quite another.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

Again, show me. Show me where "the black community" is asking for compensation. I would LOVE to see this. Or do you mean "some blacks" want reparations? And by "some blacks" I mean an extreme minority. I'm really not sure, and as I've said I'm not a mind reader.

It's been all over the news for years.

Okay, some blacks, sure, yes.
But it clearly reflects a widespread attitude among black americans of being owed something, and feeling a disproportionate lingering hostility about past discrimination that has not existed in over 40 years.

You could say that "only some" Americans fought in World War II (about 16 million, out of a then-population of about 140 million Americans).

You could say "only some" of Germans were Nazis or SS members. But it was still a widespread and influential movement.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

What?

What you just said. That U.S. Justice Department statistics of arrests allegedly don't reflect the real numbers on black crime and white crime.

And the similar argument that SAT tests don't reflect black intelligence, because they're written in coded language that whites understand and blacks have a lesser knowledge of.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Ummm...that's my point. Why mention that there are incidents that have happened near your home? There's no reason.

You mentioned it as near your home, as if that had some personal significance, Jason.
I just made the point that the same can be said from my perspective.
Again, the larger point is that black-on-white race-based "hate-crimes" seem to occur in disproportionally high numbers, as compared to the reverse, at a ratio of 50-to-1.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

So that's why you assume that blacks are a certain way in general. This makes so much more sense.

So despite that I've saidall along it's a percentage of blacks who are indoctrinated into this ubiquitous victim/justified-retribution message that is constantly pumped out to the black community, despite my clear interaction with black friends and co-workers (those who don't have the race-based hostile attitude problem). Despite all this I've said, of basically evaluating blacks as individuals and interacting with them on a case-by-case basis, and not being prejudicial toward blacks... you're labelling me as blindly prejudicial to all blacks.

In a parallel example, I've had bad experiences with women I've dated, but that hasn't turned me hostile to all women.

You made the point that you've seen and felt intimidation and discrimination from whites.
I simply made the point that I've had equally real and firsthand incidents of blacks discriminating against myself and other whites.
That's all. Beyond what you deceitfully try to twist it into.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

Based on?

Personal observation, and firsthand experience, at work and socially.

And from many incidents I've read about in the media as well. Such as that creepy looking black congresswoman, who was stopped by Capitol Hill security when she didn't wear her I.D. badge, for example.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

You continue to allude to the idea that blacks should get over it, stop feeling like victims, and move on so that America can move forward and we can stop being alienated. However, nowhere in any of these posts have you said that whites have to do anything. If you have, correct me with a link.

I think whites conceded quite a bit, with integrated schools and workplaces, and in declining scholastic standards and test scores, since integration began. I think I voice the opinion of many whites, that no matter what is conceded, blacks respond with hostility, and never feel it's enough.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

The open-minded whites?

Is that...supposed to include you?

You just said cops are right to look at black suspects more closely. You refute information that opposes your view as "liberal spin". But you're one of the open-minded white people who we should cater our mentalities and actions to?

To you?

No.

I'm more open minded than you give me credit for, and if I come across as abrasive here, it's because of your mocking condescension, and deliberate misrepresentation of my views, trying to label me as a racist, for simply giving both statistical facts and honest straightforward opinion, in an open discussion of racial tensions in the U.S.

I interact and socialize with blacks, I've even dated a black woman (as I said, a Jamaican lady, who surprisingly had a harsher opinion of american black attitudes than I do!)

But... by your account, I'm a racist. Right. Sure. Whatever.
And more than that, pitiable and psychologically damaged. Sure, Jason. You bet.

No character assassination or deliberate misrepresentation on your part, eh? None at all.
When you stoop to such a personal attack, you've clearly lost the debate.

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

White. Hot. Fear.

I pity you. You're a victim of your own self-perpetuating paranoia.

See above, particularly about character assassination and deliberately misrepresenting me.

If I interact with blacks 50% or so of the time, when I don't get the "white people are the enemy" vibe, that means I'm friendly and socializing with with the percentage of black Americans who are open to white America.
And that I'm not afraid of blacks, just that I choose not to waste my time with the fucked up ones.

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Wonder Boy, you are using some sort of strange "Anti - logic" which I cannot comprehend.

I wish you could see this. That is all that I have to say on this subject. Others have already spoken very succinctly here, and any arguments I can muster would only be repeating what has already been said.

And, yeah, this is coming from me, a person who normally is very neutral in this forum, sorta like a one man Switzerland.

Beardguy, I like you, but on this post I disagree with you.

I can't even discern what you mean by "anti-logic". I've been extensively detailed in my responses here, and there's really not much more to say. I'll respond if further asked, but otherwise I've been as clear as can be. And there's already been much repeating of points, on both sides.
My own repeating has largely been in answer to those who didn't read, or chose to ignore or misrepresent, what I posted the first time.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
OP Offline
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
People do not always have to agree to be friends. If we all went around smiling 24/7, and not saying what's really on our minds, we wouldn't be humans - we'd be game show hosts.

life." - Tuvok.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
You're an idiot.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:

My posts are so forgettable that you can't even remember quoting them!!!

Oops. Forgot to respond to this post.

My bad.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

Quote:

Karl Hungus could have said:
I think a better representation of a white politician being racist is that guy who said "nigger" on a talk show a few years ago. I forget his name, but he actually spent some time in as a grand wizard in the KKK.
But he's a democrat so its cool with me

Robert Byrd, wikipedia listing

yes that is a better example than joe biden.
technically though, i never said that, G-man rewrote my post to distract from your rather racist remarks and make this a political issue.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
People do not always have to agree to be friends. If we all went around smiling 24/7, and not saying what's really on our minds, we wouldn't be humans - we'd be game show hosts.

Don't worry about it, beardsy ;P It's over.

My girlfriend recently got into a car accident, as you know. She was t-boned on her side of the car by a green Ford Mustang. She's gotten back on the road and drives by herself now, but whenever she sees a Ford Mustang she gets a sudden feeling of fear. Nothing arresting but enough that she notices the car and avoids it. Don't know that she'll ever get over that.

Humans tend to do this all the time. The tendency to categorize + the need to protect self. It's how we learn to keep our hands off every stove. It's so important that it works beyond the top part of our brain that rationalizes and actually looks at the numbers.

There's nothing you could say or do that would challenge that fear itself. Just let it go. If I can do it, so can you. You're better at that sorta thing.

And don't mind Parys ;P He's not even supposed to be able to read your posts.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

However, if you want a response to the statistics you last gave I'll give it to you in one shot.

I get the basic drift of your point, although it's not 100% clear.
I really am trying to understand and respect your point of view, despite your personal mischaracterizations of me.

As I understand your point to be above, you're saying that the statistical numbers of black and white aren't quite equal to how they identify themselves in racial census.

But I would still argue that the census is accurate, because it represents how individuals themselves, both black and white, identify themselves in the census.

I'll make this clearer since it's important for everyone to understand, though it's obvious I've been misconstrued.

I'm not saying that the census is inaccurate. In fact, I'm using the numbers to support my point.

Again:

Quote:

That means that in 2000, after a surge in the black population that brought the ratio closer to even than it had been before and after all the statistics given by Wonder Boy, the ratio was still 6 white people to 1 black person.

Now I'm person A. I'm about to commit a violent crime against someone. That 6:1 ratio means that if I picked a random person in 2000, it was 6 times as likely that I chose a white person than that I chose a black person. Again, that's in 2000, when that ratio was closer to 1:1 than in any year the following statistics were taken in.

Okay, so 6 times as likely. So if I choose a white person more than 6 times as much than I choose a black person, that could possibly be called targeting because it's greater than chance. Any less than that would mean that I am choosing white people less than I would if I closed my eyes and randomly shot a bullet in the air.

This isn't based on any spin. This is based on the census which Wonder Boy just argued is accurate and is again based on numbers that give a better chance than in any year before 2000.

So, let's look at his statistics from the other thread that WB posted in response to my assertion with numbers that the 50:1 ratio was bullcrap.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
[LIST]According to the 1999 Index of Leading Cultural Indicators, by William J. Bennett, African Americans, though only 13% of the U.S. population, are responsible for 42 percent of all violent crimes, and over half the murders in the United States.

The statistics on inter-racial crime show an even more shocking pattern of prejudice.

In 1990, Prof. William Wilbanks of the Department of Criminal Justice at Florida International University was angered by a campaign to reduce black-on-black crime, as it seemed to treat assaults on whites as less worthy of condemnation. After an in-depth study of the 1987 Justice Departmentfigures on victims of crime, Wilbanks discovered and reported the following.

• In 1987, white criminals chose black victims in 3 percent of violent crimes, while black criminals chose white victims 50 percent of the time.

• Okay, black criminals chose white victims 50 percent of the time. That means that black criminals chose victimes who weren't white the other 50 percent.

Well, using the 75% number above (which comes from a census when the white percentage was less), blacks would have chosen whites 25% more often if they were leaving it to blind chance. They would have chosen white more than 75% if there was any targeting involved. But that wasn't the case. Black people chose to victimize someone who WASN'T white more often that we should have if we were ignoring race altogether.

Have I lost anyone?

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
  • When the crime was rape, white criminals chose black women in 0 percent of their assaults, while black men chose white women in 28 percent of their assaults.
    Of 83,000 cases of rape investigated, Wilbanks could not find any in which the rapist was white and the victim was black.

• Okay, this is even worse. Black men chose white women only 28 percent of the time. That's 47% less often than random chance and represents a 2.5:1 ratio. That's far below 6:1.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
    White criminals chose black victims in 2 percent of their robberies. But black criminals chose white victims in 73 percent of their robberies.

[ This figure alone reflects a money motive to attack whites. Assuming that "Whites have all the money", which I don't really buy. ]

A little better, but still less than chance would allow. 2% less than by BLIND CHANCE. And this is something that should definitely be the result of targeting, given Wonder Boy's "Whites have all the money" scenario concerning black mentality.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
    When Professor Wilbanks' startling figures were first reported, there was no refutation, no challenge, no contradiction, simply silence.

Ten years later, in 1999, the Washington Times published the findings of a study on interracial crime by the New Century Foundation. Which relied on the 1994 Justice Department statistics. The NCF study supported Wilbanks' findings.

• Blacks had committed 90% of interracial violent crimes in 1994.

• As blacks were 12% of the population, these figures meant they were 50 times as likely to commit interracial acts of violence than whites.
  • Blacks were 100 to 250 times more likely than whites to commit interracial gang rapes and gang assaults.

• Well, the problem here should be obvious. Statistics like the first specifically fail to split interracial violent crime between black-on-white and black-on-other than white. Beyond assumption we can't really say whether or not black-on-white itself was more or less than the given 75% for chance. And while I'm sure many will assume, that's all they can do.

The others provide comparison. They don't really address the issue of targeting itself, especially of black-on-white. The third, for example. If there was only one act of interracial gang rape or gang assault committed by whites, that would mean that only 250 acts were committed by blacks. We have no idea, though, because the number wasn't given. We learned from another of Wonder Boy's statistics, though, that there was a year where there were 0 occasions of white-on-black rape. That number would have had to have grown considerably to make the number of black-on-white rapes considerable. And we still don't know how many black-on-other than white rapes there were, so we can't say it's less than chance, chance, or targeting.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
  • Even in the "hate crimes" category --less than 1% of interracial crimes-- blacks were twice as likely to be the assailant as the victim.

• Blacks only comprised 12% of the population, so they should have been the victim only 12% of the time. But we don't know the actual number because this statistic fails to give it. Either way, though, 2:1 is far less than 6:1.

Tell me if I lost anyone.

I walk in eternity
    15000+ posts
    OP Offline
    I walk in eternity
    15000+ posts
    Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
    Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Don't worry about it, beardsy ;P It's over.

My girlfriend recently got into a car accident, as you know. She was t-boned on her side of the car by a green Ford Mustang. She's gotten back on the road and drives by herself now, but whenever she sees a Ford Mustang she gets a sudden feeling of fear. Nothing arresting but enough that she notices the car and avoids it. Don't know that she'll ever get over that.
    Humans tend to do this all the time. The tendency to categorize + the need to protect self. It's how we learn to keep our hands off every stove. It's so important that it works beyond the top part of our brain that rationalizes and actually looks at the numbers.

There's nothing you could say or do that would challenge that fear itself. Just let it go. If I can do it, so can you. You're better at that sorta thing.

And don't mind Parys ;P He's not even supposed to be able to read your posts.

Thank you, Jason. I appreciate the kind words. I can understand what you have said about your girlfriend's phobia about Mustangs.. I put that in bold to emphasize your point. You are correct..this is human nature. I have a phobia with dogs, having been chased and bitten by them as a child.

I am not upset at what Pariah said to me, not all! I have not let any negative comments bother me in here for a while now. I no longer react to to insults in here; maybe someone has noticed this....

Wonder Boy's words did not upset me, either. I am disappointed that he said that, but, see the highlighted part of your post above.

life." - Tuvok.

Unbreakable
    3000+ posts
    Unbreakable
    3000+ posts
    Wow this thread got derailed soon...

Just wanted to mention I'm watching 'Roots' on the VCR, have the 6th and final ep. left to watch. It's a very heartbreaking story. Ridicule me all ya want but I can't help getting tears.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
    -Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
    -Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
    -Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
    -Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
    15000+ posts
    15000+ posts
    You cried during Roots?

Gay.

1 Millionth Customer
    10000+ posts
    1 Millionth Customer
    10000+ posts
    Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
    You cried during Roots?

Gay.

I cried during Star Trek when Levar Burton stood up bravely and used his VISOR to transmit a signal that saved the day.

Bow ties are coool.
    15000+ posts
    15000+ posts
    Nerd gay.

brutally Kamphausened
    15000+ posts
    brutally Kamphausened
    15000+ posts
    I was going to take a break from this topic for a day or two, but I saw this post by G-man to another topic:

Quote:

the G-man said:

Long Beach, CA

A judge Friday sentenced four black teenagers to probation and 60 days of house arrest for their roles in the mob beatings of three white women on Halloween night, evoking tears of joy among the defendants and their relatives and gasps of indignation among the victims' families.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Andrea Bouas had asked for nine months in probation camp for three of the teenagers. Her jaw dropped when Judge Gibson Lee gave the first defendant probation, and as the hearings went on, she choked up, wiping her eyes with tissue.

Despite testimony that their involvement in the beatings varied, Lee handed identical sentences of probation, house arrest and 250 hours of community service to Anthony and Antoinette Ross, twins who turned 18 during the trial; to their 16-year-old sister; and to another 16-year-old described during the trial as Anthony's girlfriend.

[Several of the defendants] were also found to have committed a hate crime during the attack.

The beatings, which took place on a street in Long Beach's well-to-do Bixby Knolls section known for its lavish Halloween displays, roiled the city with allegations of racial hatred and violence. All 10 defendants maintained their innocence throughout the trial.

even as the sentencing was underway, one of the victims, Loren Hyman, was undergoing facial reconstruction surgery to repair the multiple fractures in her nose and around her eye from the beatings.

[Two of the victims] accused the judge and the district attorney's office of buckling to political pressure.

Probation and 60 days house arrest. That'll teach 'em.

I just wonder, how many cases have to be listed before the problem of black violence, and the deeply prevalent ideology in the black community that rationalizes it, is acknowledged as a real problem, and not dismissively swept aside with labels of "White.Hot.Fear." and so forth, on those who voice legitimate concern.

A hundred examples? A thousand? Ten thousand?

The problem exists, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:

Wonder Boy's words did not upset me, either. I am disappointed that he said that, but, see the highlighted part of your post above.

And while not angry, I was disappointed that you said this, Beardguy. It's akin to namecalling. It annoys me that I backed off, sympathetic to Jason's other more immediate concerns, and yet got a faceful of this.

Unbreakable
    3000+ posts
    Unbreakable
    3000+ posts
    Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
    You cried during Roots?

Gay.

Keeping Harlem Strong.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
    -Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
    -Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
    -Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
    -Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
    devil-lovin' Bat-Man
    15000+ posts
    devil-lovin' Bat-Man
    15000+ posts
    No, seriously, WHY the fuck does G-man still get to frontpage shit?

Rob? Can you give us a straight answer?

15000+ posts
    15000+ posts
    Between this and Ragtag Heroes, I'm getting PMs out the wazoo.

That's the anus, if anyone's wondering.

15000+ posts
    15000+ posts
    Holden McGroin (sp?) was going to post to this thread, but I ruined it with my liberal smear tactics.

Officially "too old for this shit"
    15000+ posts
    Officially "too old for this shit"
    15000+ posts
    Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
    ..I'm getting PMs ...

You forgot to capitalize the "S"

I walk in eternity
    15000+ posts
    OP Offline
    I walk in eternity
    15000+ posts
    Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

And while not angry, I was disappointed that you said this, Beardguy. It's akin to namecalling. It annoys me that I backed off, sympathetic to Jason's other more immediate concerns, and yet got a faceful of this.

It was not my intent to annoy, but as you know, I rarely speak up about real issues, and Black History month is a special one for me.

life." - Tuvok.

terrible podcaster
    15000+ posts
    terrible podcaster
    15000+ posts
    Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
    It was not my intent to annoy, but as you know, I rarely speak up about real issues, and Black History month is a special one for me.

Because you like black men?

Seriously, though, what does it take to make the history and/or celebrations of a particular culture "important" to one person or another? Some people would assert that membership in a cultural group is imperative to truly understand it. Others would dismiss the whole thing as a series of meaningless political constructs. Between the two extremes, is it possible to express differing degrees of respect for the observances of various people groups without said respect being preferential or prejudicial?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
    ಠ_ಠ
    Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard