Page 43 of 50 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 49 50
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Russian Police Detain Gay Activists
By JIM HEINTZ, Associated Press Writer
34 minutes ago

MOSCOW - Police detained gay rights activists, among them European lawmakers, as they tried to present a letter to Moscow's mayor Sunday, a demonstration that also attracted a hostile crowd of people who punched and threw eggs at the activists.

The letter, signed by some 40 European lawmakers, appealed the city's ban on a march that would have taken place Sunday to mark the 14th anniversary of Russia decriminalizing homosexuality.

But police quickly grabbed about a dozen demonstrators and forced them into a bus, including the Russian gay rights movement leader Nikolai Alexeyev. Police then hustled away others, including German parliament member Volker Beck, as opponents threw eggs and shouted: "Moscow is not Sodom."

Marco Cappato, a European Parliament deputy from Italy, was kicked by one opponent as he spoke to journalists. Cappato began shouting: "Where are the police? Why don't you protect us?" and officers hauled him away as he struggled.

The gay rights activists appeared to number fewer than 100, while roughly that many police were present.

Cappato's office said he and Ottavio Marzocchi, an official with the Liberal Democrats in the European parliament, were attacked by what it described as "neo-Nazis" and detained by police; Italian news agencies said Cappato was later released.

A total of 31 people were detained and most of them were later released, Moscow police spokesman Yevgeny Gildeyev said. He said two Italians were detained for jaywalking and a German was taken away by police to prevent him from being beaten.

But Beck, who was later released, told The Associated Press police beat him and the others and took their passports away.

Beck said he would ask the German government to pressure Russia to release three Russians who he said would be detained until at least Monday. The German Foreign Ministry had no immediate comment on Beck's request.

Beck also denied the group was holding a demonstration, insisting they were only trying to hand over the letter.

Despite being decriminalized, homosexuality is still widely despised in Russia.

Many of the gay rights opponents Sunday carried icons or other insignia of the Russian Orthodox Church, and one man wore the garb of an Orthodox priest.

A woman in the headscarf typical of devout Orthodox believers repeatedly threw water from a bottle at Peter Tatchell, a British human rights activist, as he tried to speak. A young man in a camouflage T-shirt then punched Tatchell in the head and Tatchell was led away by police.

No gay rights opponents were seen taken away by police, though Gildeyev said a man was detained after attacking a Briton, presumably referring to Tatchell.

The only Russian lawmaker to publicly state support for the demonstrators came from an unexpected wing: Alexei Mitrofanov of the ultranationalist Liberal Democratic Party.

"How can one act in such a manner, assuming Russia wants to be a part of Europe?" Mitrofanov said at the scene, according to the Interfax news agency.

Yulia Volkova and Lena Katina of the Russian pop group Tatu briefly appeared, but quickly left as their car was pelted with eggs. The duo has attracted worldwide attention in recent years with suggestive performances, though the singers have said they are not lesbians.

___

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Watchdog Backs Off `Teletubbies' Comment
By Associated Press
3 hours ago

WARSAW, Poland - Poland's watchdog for children's rights was quoted as saying she would ask psychologists to investigate whether the TV "Teletubbies" character Tinky Winky is gay. On Tuesday, she backed away from the comments.

Ewa Sowinska, ombudsman for children's rights, said in the latest edition of a magazine that the purse-carrying character on the British Broadcastinhg Corp.'s "Teletubbies" children's show could promote homosexuality.

Journalists from the weekly "Wprost" mentioned claims the "Teletubbies" promote homosexuality, to which Sowinska replied that she had heard of the issue. The journalists then asked about Tinky Winky.

"I noticed that he has a purse, but I didn't realize he's a boy. At first I thought that must be a bother for him," Sowinska told the magazine in an interview her office approved before publication. "Later I learned that there could be some hidden homosexual undertones."

Sowinska said she would ask her office's psychologists to look into the allegations "and judge whether it can be shown on public television and whether the suggested problem really exists."

On Tuesday, Sowinska's spokeswoman Wieslawa Lipinska told The Associated Press that Sowinska "hasn't asked and won't ask" psychologists to investigate whether "Teletubbies" promote homosexuality.

"They are fictional characters, they have nothing to do with reality, and the bag and scissors and other props the fictional characters use are there to create a fictional world that speaks to children," Lipinska said. "We are not going to deal with this issue any more."

Sowinska is a member of the League of Polish Families party, which is militantly anti-gay rights and anti-abortion. The party is a junior member in the coalition government led by Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski.

A similar controversy erupted in the United States in 1999 when a publication belonging to the evangelical leader, the late Rev. Jerry Falwell, suggested that Tinky Winky was gay.

In a statement Tuesday, the BBC denied the allegations against the program.

"Children love to play with bags of all kinds and this fascination is reflected in Tinky Winky's favorite thing," the BBC said. "To suggest the series has a political agenda is simply not true."

life." - Tuvok.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
"It's not a purse! It's European!"

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
N.H. Governor Signs Civil Unions Law
By BEVERLEY WANG, Associated Press Writer
2 hours ago

CONCORD, N.H. - Gay couples in New Hampshire will be able to join in civil unions starting next year under a bill Gov. John Lynch signed into law Thursday.

"We in New Hampshire have had a long and proud tradition taking the lead and opposing discrimination," Lynch said. "Today that tradition continues."

Couples who enter civil unions will have the same rights, responsibilities and obligations as married couples. Same-sex unions from other states also would be recognized if they were legal in the state where they were performed.

Legislators who gathered for the bill signing packed the governor's chambers and overflowed into an adjoining sitting room. They snapped photos and burst into applause as he signed it.

"I've listened and I've heard all the arguments," said Lynch, a Democrat. "I do not believe that this bill threatens marriage. I believe that this is a matter of conscience and fairness."

Episcopal Bishop V. Gene Robinson also attended the bill signing. He and his longtime partner plan to take advantage of civil unions.

Massachusetts alone among the U.S. states allows gay marriage. Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey, Maine, California and Washington allow either civil unions or domestic partnerships, and Oregon will join the list with New Hampshire in January. Hawaii extends certain spousal rights to same-sex couples and cohabiting heterosexual pairs.

New Hampshire is the first state to embrace same-sex unions without a court order or the threat of one. Connecticut adopted civil unions two years ago while a lawsuit was pending.

The bill's success was a turnabout from two years ago, when a study panel recommended against any meaningful consideration of civil unions and endorsed a constitutional amendment to limit marriage to unions between a man and a woman.

But Democrats won control of the Legislature last fall for the first time in more than a century. Civil unions passed both Houses largely along party lines, and Lynch promised to sign it.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Dallas Could Elect Its First Gay Mayor
By JEFF CARLTON, Associated Press Writer
2 hours ago

DALLAS - This conservative metropolis could become the nation's largest city to elect an openly gay mayor if a longtime city council member wins a runoff election later this month.

Ed Oakley's candidacy is the latest indication that Dallas' reputation as a conservative stronghold is giving way to more diversity. The city is already home to several gay elected officials, including the sheriff.

"Dallas is less and less the Dallas that people think it is," said Cal Jillson, a political science professor at Southern Methodist University. "And Dallas is less and less the Dallas that it used to be."

In the mayoral race, Oakley and former construction company CEO Tom Leppert emerged from a crowded 11-candidate field that included another openly gay man and a transgendered woman. Oakley and Leppert will be the only candidates in the June 16 runoff.

But if Oakley, 54, is on the edge of history, he doesn't talk about it. His sexuality hasn't figured prominently in the campaign. Oakley said his internal polling showed it had little impact on voters.

"I have never made this an issue, a part of what I am or who I am or what I have done to represent the community," said Oakley, a small business owner.

Dallas, with a population of 1.2 million, is home to a growing gay community with an estimated 120,000 lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered households.

The city has nondiscrimination policies covering sexual orientation and gender identity and offers health insurance to the domestic partners of city employees, measures praised as progressive by local gay-rights activists.

"I think some people don't realize that Dallas is very diverse: economically, ethnically, culturally," said Pete Webb, president of the Dallas Gay and Lesbian Alliance.

That has helped mute any controversy about Oakley's sexuality in a state where two years ago voters approved a ban on gay marriage by a 3-to-1 margin.

There also are other signals of political shifts. In November, Dallas County Democrats swept Republicans out of power, winning 42 judicial races and six countywide offices. Among the winners was District Attorney Craig Watkins, the first Democrat to hold the position in more than two decades.

The public hasn't seemed interested in Oakley's sexuality, but voters also have been disinterested in the election itself. Only about 13 percent of registered voters turned out in the initial election. Leppert received fewer than 20,000 votes and Oakley fewer than 15,000.

That has local gay activists hitting the pavement to support him. Jesse Garcia, president of the Stonewall Democrats of Dallas, said his group "has gone into our gay bars and stressed early voting."

"We are very excited," Garcia said. "We have ... to galvanize the troops and let them know not only can we make history but we can keep Dallas progressive."

The biggest city with an openly gay mayor is Providence, R.I., where Mayor David N. Cicilline leads a city of 177,000. San Diego, with a population of about 1.2 million, briefly had an openly gay mayor in 2005, when a councilwoman was appointed to the position after a former mayor resigned and his interim replacement was convicted of corruption.

Oakley's supporters say the thrice-elected city council member has high name recognition among voters and a long history of involvement in city politics. He's been judged "as an incumbent member of the city council ... and not as a gay candidate," Jillson said.

"I'm not discounting Oakley based on who he likes or doesn't like, and I don't think people view him being gay as limiting to his ability to make decisions," said Mark Jones, a businessman who was having lunch with black professionals and church leaders in South Dallas. "This is not a town where homophobia will affect people's decisions."

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Brazil's Gay Pride Parade Draws Millions
By STAN LEHMAN, Associated Press Writer
4 hours ago

SAO PAULO, Brazil - Millions of people packed the streets of Sao Paulo for what organizers said was the world's largest gay pride parade, dancing and waving rainbow flags in a carnival-like atmosphere to condemn homophobia, racism and sexism.

At least 3 million people filled the canyonlike Paulista Avenue, organizers said, surpassing last year's count of 2.5 million. The larger count was confirmed by a police spokesman who is not authorized to be quoted by name under department rules.

"This is the biggest parade on the planet," Tourism Minister Marta Suplicy said. "Our city is showing, once again, its respect for diversity."

In comparison, recent gay pride parades in New York and San Francisco have drawn tens of thousands of people, and world gay pride day celebrations in Berlin in 2004 attracted between 200,000 and 500,000 participants.

Parade organizer Nelson Matias Pereira said this year's participants are appealing for a "world where racism, sexism and homophobia, in all their forms, no longer exist."

Trucks blasting disco and electronic music rolled through the streets, followed by marchers carrying banners with slogans such as "Dignity for All," and "All Forms of Love Bring Us Closer to God."

"There is no question the prejudice we have suffered for years has diminished a lot," said one marcher, mechanic Sebastiao Pereira Rodrigues, who was wearing black leather shorts and a tight purple T-shirt. "But it's still there and we still a long way to go,"

life." - Tuvok.

the G-man #897567 2007-12-11 2:15 AM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Associated Press:
  • A lesbian couple who married in Massachusetts cannot get divorced in their home state of Rhode Island, the state's highest court ruled Friday in a setback to gay rights advocates who sought greater recognition for same-sex relationships.

The Rhode Island Supreme Court, in a 3-2 decision, said the family court lacks the authority to grant a divorce because state lawmakers have not defined marriage as anything other than between a man and a woman. . . .

Cassandra Ormiston and Margaret Chambers wed in Massachusetts in 2004 after that state became the first to legalize same-sex marriages. The couple filed for divorce last year in Rhode Island, where they both live, citing irreconcilable differences.

They can't get divorced in Massachusetts either, because that state has a residency requirement. That means that... "till death do them part"?

the G-man #897570 2007-12-11 2:27 AM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The downside of Gay ( or ANY! ) marriage.

Can't they make an appeal or something?

life." - Tuvok.

Beardguy57 #897571 2007-12-11 2:29 AM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm not sure to where. According to the article, this ruling came out of Rhode Island's Supreme Court.

Beardguy57 #897572 2007-12-11 2:30 AM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
That was their appeal. It's a state matter, so I see no way for any federal courts to get involved. The problem they're having is that old Rhode Island laws specifically refer to marriage in man-woman terms.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matt Kennedy
quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
quote:
Originally posted by Harpy:

Klinton, I want to comment on what you said. Some of it was dead on, but some of it was a little off, IMO. First of all, not all species have homosexual tendicies because not all species are sexual (bacteria are asexual for the most part). And even amongst those that procreate sexually, some actually have no gender until mating (like snails -- the one that gives the other snail its genetic material is considered the 'male'). Many plants have both male and female sex parts.

I think you meant animal species, but snails and other species can't really be defined as male-female. Fish change sexes all the time. As you go up the evolutionary ladder, there is a greater difference in the genders of each species. This is called 'sexual dimorphism' in case you are a Trivial Pursuit fan.

And these more advance animals tend to act homosexual as more as a dominant issue. One bitch willl hump another to prove she is the alpha female. Monkeys show the same behavior. So personally, I would invest more in the idea of genetics than using animals as an example. Using animals lowers oneself to their level, and that is no good way to win an arguement.

I had mammals in mind as I said that....so I dunno where snails, bacteria and shit fit into the picture. And in terms of 'lowering onself' I think the human tendancy to look at ourselves as somehow superior to everything else on the planet is a huge error, and the catalyst for all sorts of cruelties on this planet (but that is really the subject for another discuission).

Very well said, K.

You tell 'em, Pariah Carey!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
I....came out....Supreme

good for you.

Bow ties are coool.
thedoctor #912866 2008-01-18 10:09 PM
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Wonder Boy???

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Court rules N.Y. must recognize out-of-state gay marriages
  • In a ruling hailed as historic by gay rights activists, an appellate court ruled Friday that New York must recognize same-sex marriages legally consecrated elsewhere.

This appears to be the first appellate ruling in the country mandating that a state must recognize the same-sex marriage of a couple legally wed elsewhere, according to officials with the New York Civil Liberties Union.

The judges noted in the ruling that “for well over a century” New York has recognized marriages solemnized elsewhere unless they were cases of polygamy or incest. The state, for instance, has recognized marriages that could not be consecrated in New York, such as common-law marriages valid in other states, the judges ruled.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
Gay talk show host attempts to contact Oklahoma Rep. Kern during television broadcast

by Nick Langewis

Openly gay comedienne and daytime talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, having recently taken the unusual step of weighing in on the Lawrence King murder, again "went political" on today's episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, addressing the ongoing controversy surrounding leaked audio of a speech given by Oklahoma State Rep. Sally Kern to what she thought was a private group of Republicans.

The recording has sparked public outcry and support alike nationwide after its debut on YouTube and concurrent campaign by the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund. Kern has since come out in person, and through the Oklahoma House of Representatives' media office, to stand by her statements and her First Amendment rights.

The speech, which accused gays of "infiltrating" government posts in order to indoctrinate children in public schools and otherwise further the "homosexual agenda," prompted DeGeneres to attempt a phone call to Kern, to audience applause, during the show's taping.

"I feel like there's some misinformation going on here," Ellen said after playing clips of the speech, "and--I think I need to call her."

The automated voice mail system indicated that Kern's inbox was full.

"I bet!" Ellen responds out loud, before opting instead to leave a message for the legislator via television broadcast.

"Hi! It's Ellen DeGeneres," she opens. "The gay one."

The entire clip, including the full message to Rep. Kern, can be viewed below, as broadcast on the Ellen DeGeneres Show on March 12, 2008.

Funny thing is that Sally Kern allegedly has a gay son. As does Alan Keyes, Brit Hume, Phyllis Schlafly..etc. etc.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
But I've seen photographic proof that gays are trying to inflitrate our way of life. For example:

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Feel better?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I don't care what your stance on this issue is. This shit if fucking funny.
 Quote:
Gay couples had to struggle mightily to win the right to marry or form civil unions. Now, some are finding that breaking up is hard to do, too.

In Rhode Island, for example, the state's top court ruled in December that gays married in neighboring Massachusetts can't get divorced here because lawmakers have never defined marriage as anything but a union between a man and woman. In Missouri, a judge is deciding whether a lesbian married in Massachusetts can get an annulment.

"We all know people who have gone through divorces. At the end of that long and unhappy period, they have been able to breathe a sigh of relief," said Cassandra Ormiston of Rhode Island, who is splitting from her wife, Margaret Chambers. But "I do not see that on my horizon, that sigh of relief that it's over."

Over the past four years, Massachusetts has been the only state where gay marriage is legal, while nine other states allow gay couples to enter into civil unions or domestic partnerships that offer many of the rights and privileges of marriage. The vast majority of these unions require court action to dissolve.

Gay couples who still live in the state where they got hitched can split up with little difficulty; the laws in those states include divorce or dissolution procedures for same-sex couples. But gay couples who have moved to another state are running into trouble.

Massachusetts, at least early on, let out-of-state gay couples get married there practically for the asking. But the rules governing divorce are stricter. Out-of-state couples could go back to Massachusetts to get divorced, but they would have to live there for a year to establish residency first.

"I find that an unbelievably unfair burden. I own a home here, my friends are here, my life is here," said Ormiston, who is resigned to moving to Massachusetts for a year.

It's not clear how many gay couples have sought a divorce.

In Massachusetts, where more than 10,000 same-sex couples have married since 2004, the courts don't keep a breakdown of gay and heterosexual divorces. But Joyce Kauffman, a member of the Massachusetts Lesbian and Gay Bar Association, said probably more than 100 gay divorces have been granted in Massachusetts, and possibly many more.

She said she suspects the divorce rate among gays is lower than that among heterosexual couples, because many of the same-sex couples who got married in Massachusetts had probably been together for years.

Vermont has dissolved 2 percent of the 8,666 civil unions performed there since they became legal in 2000. Those numbers do not include couples who split up in another state.

Chambers and Ormiston wed in Massachusetts in 2004 and filed for divorce in 2006. But the Rhode Island Supreme Court last winter refused to recognize their marriage. That means at least 90 other gay couples from the state who got married in Massachusetts would not be able to divorce in Rhode Island if they wanted to.

Getting a divorce could prove toughest in some of the 40 states that have explicitly banned or limited same-sex unions, lawyers say.

In Missouri, which banned gay marriage in 2001, a conservative lawmaker has urged a judge not to grant an annulment to a lesbian married in Massachusetts.

Oregon started allowing gay couples to form domestic partnerships this year. But to prevent problems similar to those in Massachusetts, lawmakers added a provision that allows couples to dissolve their partnerships in Oregon even if they have moved out of state.

The measure is modeled on California's domestic partnership system and represents a major change in the usual rules governing jurisdiction.

"It's a novel concept in the family law area," said Oregon lawyer Beth Allen, who works with Basic Rights Oregon, a gay rights group.

Same-sex couples can form civil unions in Vermont, Connecticut, New Jersey and New Hampshire. They can enter into domestic partnerships or receive similar benefits in California, Oregon, Maine, Washington, Hawaii and the District of Columbia.

New York does not permit gay marriage, but a judge there has allowed a lesbian married in Canada to seek a divorce. In 2005, Iowa's Supreme Court upheld the breakup of a lesbian couple who entered into a civil union in Vermont.

Some Rhode Island lawmakers are pushing to legalize gay divorce. But Gov. Don Carcieri, a Republican who opposes gay marriage, is against the idea. So are church leaders in the heavily Roman Catholic state.

"Whatever name they want to give to it, it is a recognition of same-sex unions," said the Rev. Bernard Healey, a lobbyist for Catholic Diocese of Providence.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
the G-man #939172 2008-04-15 7:00 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yeah. I pointed this problem out a few months ago.

Originally Posted By: the G-man
Associated Press:
  • A lesbian couple who married in Massachusetts cannot get divorced in their home state of Rhode Island, the state's highest court ruled Friday in a setback to gay rights advocates who sought greater recognition for same-sex relationships.

The Rhode Island Supreme Court, in a 3-2 decision, said the family court lacks the authority to grant a divorce because state lawmakers have not defined marriage as anything other than between a man and a woman. . . .

Cassandra Ormiston and Margaret Chambers wed in Massachusetts in 2004 after that state became the first to legalize same-sex marriages. The couple filed for divorce last year in Rhode Island, where they both live, citing irreconcilable differences.

They can't get divorced in Massachusetts either, because that state has a residency requirement. That means that... "till death do them part"?

the G-man #939173 2008-04-15 7:04 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

He's here and he don't approve.

Run!

He is not as forgiving as I am.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Drzsmith
 Quote:
britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
http://208.56.183.233/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001764&p=

Quote:
Danny said:
 Quote:
Or you could post that shit at Kamphausen's boards. Home of dumbshit comic geeks. I tried for ages to argue the gay marriage thing with some Christian fuckknob and the guy still refuses to grasp the basic concepts of reason and compassion.

I have a couple of questions? Do you really have a "friend" who wrote this or are you so spineless that you made your friend up? It's funnt that you call this the home of dumbshit comic geeks, and yet you Knoll nerds are so scared of differing views you wont approve membership of anyone who won't join in the clique mentality. Fact is, these boards are home to the NB's the most powerful force in the online world, you jealousy speaks volumes! You may now go back to you falling over each other for reaffirmation at the Knoll....we win again!

Is that the same Danny who was falling all over himself to get accepted by the NBs?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
 Originally Posted By: Drzsmith
 Quote:
britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
http://208.56.183.233/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001764&p=

Quote:
Danny said:
 Quote:
Or you could post that shit at Kamphausen's boards. Home of dumbshit comic geeks. I tried for ages to argue the gay marriage thing with some Christian fuckknob and the guy still refuses to grasp the basic concepts of reason and compassion.

I have a couple of questions? Do you really have a "friend" who wrote this or are you so spineless that you made your friend up? It's funnt that you call this the home of dumbshit comic geeks, and yet you Knoll nerds are so scared of differing views you wont approve membership of anyone who won't join in the clique mentality. Fact is, these boards are home to the NB's the most powerful force in the online world, you jealousy speaks volumes! You may now go back to you falling over each other for reaffirmation at the Knoll....we win again!

Is that the same Danny who was falling all over himself to get accepted by the NBs?

how can you be accepted by that which does not exist?

Bow ties are coool.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
go to hell ray.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Just heard this on the radio and don't know how accurate it is, but thought it interesting.

Supposedly, the Obama victory is part of the reason that so many of those anti-gay marriage ballot measures passed. Obama's candidacy got out the vote, including the African American vote and, in general, African Americans tend to be opposed to gay marriage.

As a result, people who might have otherwise not showed up to vote against the gay marriage propositions came out in force.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Obama's Fight Against Same-Sex Marriage Lawsuit Strains Relations With Gay Rights Activists: President Obama's Justice Department said the lawsuit is not the right venue to tackle legal questions raised by a couple already married in California.

Poor MEM. His head must be exploding.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
For all the liberal demonization of Carrie Prejean for her very respectful expression of dissent from the politically correct liberal endorsement of gay marriage, no mention at all, NONE, is made of the fact there is virtually no difference between her expressed view, and that of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and any number of other prominent Democrats.

For conservatives who express lack of support for gay marriage, the liberal response is demonization, insults and slander beyond belief.

For liberal-Democrats who express the same opinion, it is ignored and virtually un-reported, and given a free pass.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
For all the liberal demonization of Carrie Prejean for her very respectful expression of dissent from the politically correct liberal endorsement of gay marriage, no mention at all, NONE, is made of the fact there is virtually no difference between her expressed view, and that of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and any number of other prominent Democrats.

For conservatives who express lack of support for gay marriage, the liberal response is demonization, insults and slander beyond belief.

For liberal-Democrats who express the same opinion, it is ignored and virtually un-reported, and given a free pass.

Take out all the wonder boyisms and I agree with this post.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
Obama's Fight Against Same-Sex Marriage Lawsuit Strains Relations With Gay Rights Activists: President Obama's Justice Department said the lawsuit is not the right venue to tackle legal questions raised by a couple already married in California.

Poor MEM. His head must be exploding.

Not really. I didn't expect much from Obama other than keeping the status quo. This was an election I didn't really worry about the gay rights stuff since I also felt McCain would have also done the same thing.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Oh, that's right. I forgot. When a democrat is against gay marriage you think it's part of a clever strategy to legalize it.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
... I didn't really worry about the gay rights stuff since I also felt McCain would have also done the same thing.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Maine Could Become First State to Endorse Gay Marriage by Popular Referendum: Voters in Maine will decide Tuesday whether to repeal a law that would allow same-sex marriage. If they vote to uphold it, Maine will become the first state to endorse gay marriage by popular referendum

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Looks like the gay marriage law is going down in Maine, as is the Domestic Partnerships in Washington state.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Heh. More people in Maine would rather smoke pot than have two dudes marry.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Maine's new motto: smoke pot, not pole

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
\:lol\:

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
\:lol\: \:lol\:

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Gay Leaders Blame TV Ads, Obama for Loss in Maine: Gay activists were frustrated that Obama, who insists he staunchly supports their overall civil rights agenda, didn't speak out forcefully in defense of Maine's marriage law before Tuesday's referendum.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Winning with Marriage: The pundits say opposition to gay marriage is a losing issue. The voters disagree, again and again — most recently, last week in Maine

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Gay Marriage Advocate Accused of Assaulting Teen:
  • Local gay activist Albert M. Toney III has been charged with sexually assaulting a 17-year-old youth last month in the locker room of the YMCA.

A criminal complaint was issued June 28 charging Mr. Toney, 43, of 36 Fairview Ave., Holden, with two counts of indecent assault and battery, according to Central District Court records.

The 17-year-old told investigators he was standing in front of a fan in the locker room of the YMCA at 766 Main St. June 15 when Mr. Toney, who was nude, approached him from behind, grabbed his buttock and pressed himself up against him without his consent, according to a statement filed in court by police Sgt. John W. Lewis. . . .

A longtime gay activist and advocate for gay and lesbian youth, he is president of AK Consulting Services, an education/diversity training and consulting company.

He was active in the campaign for same-sex marriage rights in Massachusetts and was the first openly gay candidate to run for Worcester City Council.

If this story involved a Catholic priest, it might make headlines outside of Worcester, Mass.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Why the Evil Koch Bros. Must be Stopped. If the anti-union thing weren't enough, here are bigger and better reasons to stop the evil Kochs. They are trying to:
  • 1. decriminalize drugs,
    2. legalize gay marriage,
    3. repeal the Patriot Act,
    4. end the police state,
    5. cut defense spending.

If you turn your ear towards the midwest you can almost hear MEM's brain cells popping.

Page 43 of 50 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard