Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
How's the protest going? I'm just curious. It seems like the movement has been derailed. They're now fighting against the police and civilians who feel that they're being inconvenienced by the rallies. Meanwhile, life goes on as usual for the CEOs, the executives, and the big businesses that the protests originally targeted.

I would really like a link to an article or news report that shows at least someone from the 1% actually felt the protests.

At best, they sat on a balcony and toasted a glass of champaigne to the rabble below.

Bank of America had just added a $5 monthly fee to their debit cards, and the Occupy Wall Street proponents like to take credit for their dropping that unpopular fee a few days ago. But in reality, that was a reflection of hundreds of thousands of account-holders taking their business elsewhere and the bad publicity of their own customers, not people in the streets outside.

Beyond that, the uncivility and violence of the protests has totally eclipsed the message, and opinion polls in the U.S. have dipped to the point that more condemn the protests now than support them (see the O'Reilly clips I youtubed above, as well as the Schoehn poll).
Not to mention the unfocused Rorschach-test-like ambiguity of the "meaning" of the protests being subjective to many groups involved, that has also diminished the cause (whatever that all-encompassing cause is).

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.