Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
If their website is talking about a democratic plantation the site is GOP

The LBJ quote is attributed to a book, "Inside the White House," by Ronald Kessler. From what wikipedia says about him (and for what wikipedia is worth) he seems like a well respected journalist with a fair number of mainstream credentials. The reviews of the book are generally positive and indicate it was equally tough on both GOP and Democrat presidents.

This would seem to indicate that the LBJ story referenced by the so-called GOP website is as likely as not accurate.

From the article in my opening post:

Quote:

Meet Ronald Kessler. An American journalist who authored a book called Inside the White House that was released back in 1996. In the book, he had a few quotations that Lyndon Johnson supposedly made aboard Air Force One that raised quite a few eyebrows. Now, first of all, let’s remember that we have only Kessler’s word to go on. No one has ever corroborated these quotations, so there is always the chance that they were simply made up, embellished, or taken grossly out of context. However, historians generally agree that the comments seem to be right in character for Johnson, and no one has really protested or questioned the authenticity of the comments.

I previously had no idea one way or the other what Ron Kessler's journalistic reputation was, prior to you saying the above, G-man.

But I find it very telling that as incendiary as the LBJ quotes were, no one challenged their authenticity, and those who knew LBJ found these quotes "right in character for Johnson".

And, I might add, consistent with the cynical goals of Harry Reid and others in their selection of Barack Obama, exploiting him as a black candidate, but one who didn't speak "black dialect" that Reid saw as offputting to white voters. And the envious racist comments of Bill Clinton ("a few years ago, he would have been bringing us coffee") and Jesse Jackson.
All described in another tell-all book exposing Democrat racism, Game Change by Marc Halperin.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.