I don't need to speculate on the accountability of your victimized mentality when you've already offered it up for analysis:

"I'm surrounded by people who want to keep the gay man down!!"

But, once again, you ignored the point: "If the respective implications of both involves changing the parameters of the original format of marriage, then they correlate."

Same-sex marriage: Two of the same gender.

Polygamy: More than two.

That is a substantive change in parameters.

Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Looks like you're just trying to fabricate a 'gotcha' moment like G-man attempted. The only thing that I put forth in my comment was that G-man's previous Carnac prediction that the gay marriage issue would be used to allow polygamy didn't pan out in the situation within the article he posted. If I thought that it had, then, naturally I would have an opposite view of what I posted. There's nothing there for you despite you trying to create something.

I'm not trying to create anything. You've already alluded to skepticism towards the idea that changing the institution of marriage in one respect won't create precedent for changing it in another. Therefore, the mentality of your post is that it cannot be principally changed by such means. As such, I have doubts that the article would have held any relevance to you whatsoever.