I knew this line of discussion sounded familiar:

Starbucks says guns unwelcome, though not banned

Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: Matter-Eater Man
 Originally Posted By: pariah
 Originally Posted By: Matter-Eater Man
 Originally Posted By: the g-man
 Quote:
The man has politley asked people to not bring a gun to his coffee shop,SO DON'T BRING A GUN INTO HIS SHOP! Why does this have to be such a big deal for some people?

For the same reason gays have a hissy fit when somebody doesn't want to bake them a wedding cake I guess.

It looks like you guys are the ones having the hissy fit over a company just asking people not to bring their guns into their place of business. I doubt most gun owners actually feel their right to own a gun includes being able to carry them into other people's private homes and companies.

In which case, if a business should have the right to refuse service to someone pursuing the legal practice of gun carrying/ownership. Then they should, furthermore, have the right to refuse service to anyone on whatever grounds they personally find relevant to their own moralities, yes?

Here's the problem with G-man's comparison. Starbuck's didn't refuse service to the gun nuts so there wasn't any discrimination. Your problem is you don't like that somebody politely asked customers not to bring their guns into their place of business. Not banned just a request.

Uh-huh. And if a cake maker politely requested that homosexual couples not walk into his or her store looking for wedding cakes for a same-sex unions, would you be as cool with that as you are with this?

Of course, as one would expect, MEM deigned not to reply to that.