Originally Posted By: the G-man
Confederate Flag Purge Goes Nuts Almost Immediately, Hits Harmless Strategy Games: Apple Store, Amazon drop products that are clearly not about upholding racist or segregationist views

Yeah, the banning of Confederate flag merchandise is just another example of caving in to political correctness. I think it's better to acknowledge history, the good with the bad, than to ban it, and thus erase the lessons learned by preserving it.

Originally Posted By: M E M
I would disagree about the difference between the two parties. Gotta remember a couple of years ago I couldn't marry the person I loved. That changed because of the democratic party. That may not seem like a big deal to you but consider how much you value your marriage and how you would view a party that fundraised off of making your marriage illegal. Big difference!

Except that Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and the other Democrat leadership were all advocating the same defense of marriage position, the exact same ("marriage is only between one man and one woman") as every Republican, until right before the 2012 election.
It is so blatantly not about principle for Democrats, but for cynically exploiting the gay demographic for election purposes, shamelessly hypocritical to the position they held just 5 minutes ago.

Likewise the position of Democrats with the Confederate flag. There's plenty of video out there of Bill and Hillary advocating for the Confederate flag and the need for its cultural/heritage/historical preservation, that should be displayed in Republican commercials over the next year or so, highlighting (another) Democrat hypocrisy.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.