One example of media bias on the Donald Trump/Ivanna Trump divorce, and her brief period alleging rape, that she amended to saying she FELT raped, EMOTIONALLY. But the media spun it in recent months in a way that was clearly a PR wing of the Hillary Clinton campaign:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...during-sex.html

First off, all the sources I saw reporting it were far-left media (Daily Beast, , New Yorker, Rolling Stone, New York Daily News... ) VERY pro-Hillary and very invested in partisanly tearing down Trump for their bitch queen, in articles dated in the months directly before the election.

In a lurid account worthy of a Pat Booth trash novel:
 Quote:
Ivana Trump’s assertion of “rape” came in a deposition—part of the early ’90s divorce case between the Trumps, and revealed in the 1993 book Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump.

The book, by former Texas Monthly and Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III, described a harrowing scene. After a painful scalp reduction surgery to remove a bald spot, Donald Trump confronted his then-wife, who had previously used the same plastic surgeon.

“Your fucking doctor has ruined me!” Trump cried.

What followed was a “violent assault,” according to Lost Tycoon. Donald held back Ivana’s arms and began to pull out fistfuls of hair from her scalp, as if to mirror the pain he felt from his own operation. He tore off her clothes and unzipped his pants.

“Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months. Ivana is terrified… It is a violent assault,” Hurt writes. “According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’”

Following the incident, Ivana ran upstairs, hid behind a locked door, and remained there “crying for the rest of night.” When she returned to the master bedroom in the morning, he was there.

“As she looks in horror at the ripped-out hair scattered all over the bed, he glares at her and asks with menacing casualness: ‘Does it hurt?’” Hurt writes.

But you selectively omit this part:

Quote:

Donald Trump has previously denied the allegation. In the book, he denies having had the scalp reduction surgery.

“It’s obviously false,” Donald Trump said of the accusation in 1993, according to Newsday. “It’s incorrect and done by a guy without much talent… He is a guy that is an unattractive guy who is a vindictive and jealous person.”

and

Quote:

"It’s not the word that you’re trying to make it into,” [special counsel to the Trump Organization, Michael] Cohen told The Daily Beast, saying Ivana Trump was talking about how “she felt raped emotionally… She was not referring to it [as] a criminal matter, and not in its literal sense, though there’s many literal senses to the word.”

While Cohen was wrong about not even being able to legally allege someone raped their spouse, that could be because the law had only been changed in 1984, and prior to the time of Cohen's cited quote (somewhere between 1990 and 1993) he would have been correct. Although I would expect an attorney, particularly Trump's attorney answering questions on the subject, to be aware of that. (Personally, I think that sounds like a marital clause out of Sharia law, and a man should not be able to rape his wife legally in a western nation, she should always have the right to consent or not, but that is how laws were written in the past.)

Regardless (as you selectively omit) Ivana possibly made the accusation in anger, and no longer alleges this:

Quote:

When Lost Tycoon was about to be printed, Donald Trump and his lawyers provided a statement from Ivana, which was posted on the first page of the book. In it, Ivana confirms that she had “felt violated” and that she had stated that her husband had raped her during a divorce deposition. But Ivana sought to soften her earlier statement.

“During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me,” the Ivana Trump statement said. “[O]n one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.”

The statement, according to a “Notice to the Reader” in the book, “does not contradict or invalidate any information contained in this book.”

Nevertheless, Cohen, Trump’s attorney, said that “there is nothing reasonable about you wanting to write a story about somebody’s usage of the word ‘rape,’ when she’s talking [about how] she didn’t feel emotionally satisfied.”

But then... why would I expect you to have any interest in context, as you try to portray Trump in the worst light, as you laughably try to defend the behavior of your corrupt-to-the-core DNC party of Bill and Hillary Clinton, of the Obamas who criminally abused surveillance to monitor the Trump campaign AND Trump administration, Obama who weaponized the IRS against the Tea Party, against religious conservatives, and against Republican party leaders and large donors. As you endorse Democrats like DNC chairs Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazile, who likewise demonstrated corruption that just looking up their names would make clear, both forced to resign, in Wasserman-Schuz's case to immediately after be appointed head of the Hillary Clinton campaign!
Your endorsing Democrats like Harry Reid, who has manipulated legislation to enrich his own assets and property.
Nancy Pelosi, same thing.
On and on! The entire corrupt DNC leadership.

These you give a free pass to, while calling Donald Trump (our president, by the way) a "piece of shit" hundreds of times on the thinnest of fabricated evidence.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.