Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
You make excuses for neo nazis that run down crowds of people WB. I don't understand how you can logically than attack broadly "the left". This to me is further than you've gone before. It looks like a war mentality where you've thrown out basic right and wrong out the window. Now it's all about sides

Re-read what I wrote.
I didn't "make excuses" for neo-nazis.
I (just like the ACLU) said that even free speech that is unpleasant needs to be permitted for free speech to truly exist. Otherwise (as your brethren on the Left have already attempted) you could just brand ANY free speech you don't like as "hate speech" to prevent any ideas dissenting from a leftist POV from being heard.

In the specific case of the guy in the car, I've simply entertained the idea that it is POSSIBLE this guy was being attacked by Antifa. I've also said that his history of violent incidents, including attacking his own mother, and his Hitler-worship make it certainly questionable he was simply acting in self-defense. But as I showed in the video, as he hit the crowd in the street, Antifa were already chasing him with clubs, and bashing his car at almost the second of impact.

I defended that a lot of these people were veterans or just pro-Robert E. Lee-monument protestors, and either demonstrating separately or near them were some white supremacists (as is made clear in the video I cited as the best commentary). The video I posted is footage of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, vs. the narrative that was on the news, that they were allegedly all white supremacists.

VERY CLEAR: I defended free speech, not white supremacists.

Also very clear: Trump condemned the extremist rhetoric and violence on both sides. The media and Left want him to say that ALL protesting in Charlottesville were white supremacists. They were not, and he wouldn't. They wanted Trump to give a free pass to Black Lives Matter and Antifa. He would NOT.

And neither will I.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.