That's not what I remember. The liberal media were screaming Armageddon (to borrow a recent Nancy Pelosi phrase) from the moment W. Bush took office. The media attacke and attacked and undermined Bush his first 8 months. Then when 9-11-2001 happened, they held back for 6 months or so, to not look like the unpatriotic deceitful scum they truly are. As soon as the first Democrat thought it was safe to attack W. Bush again, the entire DNC and their liberal media brethren unleashed on Bush all over again. I didn't even vote for Bussh in 2000 (I did in 2004), but it offended me the onesidedness of it, and how they (like with Trump now) did their damnedest to destroy his presidency in the womb.

And by the way, Wikipedia clearly disagrees with you that Bush created the 2001 recession:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_the_George_W._Bush_administration

Quote:
During his first term (2001–2004), President Bush sought and obtained Congressional approval for the Bush tax cuts, which mainly comprised the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA) and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 (JGTRRA). These acts decreased many income tax rates, reduced the capital gains tax, increased the child tax credit and eliminated the so-called "marriage penalty", and were set to expire in 2010, while increasing federal deficits by an estimated 1.5% to 2.0% GDP each year.[1] Among the many stated rationales for the large income tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 was the 2001 recession, which followed the bursting of the Dot-com bubble in late 2000 and early 2001. [Further, some influential conservatives such as Alan Greenspan believed that the nearly $5 trillion in budget surpluses forecast by the CBO for the 2002-2011 period should be given back to taxpayers rather than used to pay down the national debt.

Regarding the later Great Recession in Bush's second term, that again was scapegoated entirely on Bush and the Republicans by a deceitful media in full collusion with the Democrat leadership. As I've cited before, even a leftist journalist like Naomi Klein on C-Span said that was a deception, that both parties shared blame for the circumstances that created the mortgage bubble and the subprime crisis, and failure to create regulation that would have prevented it. And she further said that if primary blame were to be heaped on one party or the other, the primary blame would go to the Democrats.

How many dozens of times have I cited that.

Further, I also cited how Republicans throughout the Bush years leading up to 2008 pushed for stricter lending standards, and fanatics like Barney Frank and Maxine Waters and Alcee Hastings, and John Conyers and Keith Ellison basically called the Republicans mean and racist and "hate the poor" for wanting to reign in lending standards. And not wanting to be perceived as mean or racist, republicans ultimately let it drop, until it reached crisis proportions.

I've previously shown YouTube footage of Democrat House members demonizing Republicans for trying to do the responsible thing. I've previously posted a Fox News report from 2007 (who else would report the inconvenient facts?) that showed all the Republican attempts to legislate stricter lending standards to avert a crisis.

And I further showed Rep Barney Frank assuring everyone that Fannie Mae was "perfectly sound" financially, and stable going forward. What he assured, right up to the day it collapsed. Fannie Mae was a huge donor to Barack Obama, the official they donated the most to. Fannie Mae's head was Franklin Raines, who was coincidentally part of Obama's Vice Presidential Selection Committee, that selected Joseph Biden. And now Biden wants to run for President in 2020. The ties, the corruption, run very deep on the Democrat side.

But yeah, sure, against the facts, it's all George W. Bush's fault.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.