Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
The far-right was responsible for the majority of extremist killings in 2017 Violence from either side is unacceptable but spare me your pretend world where it's just the other side g.

I expected this to be the Southern Poverty Law Center, but it was compiled by the Anti-Defamation League, an overtly Jewish advocacy group that is firmly aligned with the Democrat Left.

They cite "a doubling" of "right wing killings" in 2017 over the previous year. They cite a total of 34 "extremist" killings. Of which they attribute "59%" to right-wing racist/white-nationalist groups.
So easy math, that's a grand total of 20 deaths by "right-wing" groups. So if that's a doubling over the previous year, there were 10 "right-wing" killings the previous year. And the only one they list by name is Heather Heyer. And as I said abundantly in the Charlottesville topic, it looks like the car driver was mobbed by Antifa clubbing his car that made him drive his car into the crowd in an attempt to escape an unprovoked beating. So Heather Heyer was not intentionally targeted and killed as a hate-crime, it was essentially an accident, and as I cited elsewhere, actually deliberately provoked by Antifa, not right-wingers.
And I'd love to know who these other 9 of the 10 were. I'd be willing to bet that the two police officers who died patrolling Charlottesville in a low-flying helicopter that crashed (completely unrelated to the protests or violence) were also included in that "doubling of right-wing deaths in 2017". Which is again including two who died in an accident, not from "right-wing violence", except by twisting the criteria to expand "right wing deaths." So that already brings the "increase" down to 7.
I've already decreased the increase by 30%!

And a "doubling of killings" and "59% of all extremist killings" sounds like hundreds more "right-wing" killings. But it's a manipulation, a deceit. And given that 3 of the 10 if I identified them correctly are a lie, I'm not confident that the other 7 are not a lie as well.

I wonder if ADL felt the same compulsion to tabulate the increase in violent black/liberal attacks and deaths after the George Zimmerman verdict, or after Ferguson, MO "hands up don't shoot" rhetoric that stoked violence, Or after Christopher Dorner who lavished praise on CNN and MSNBC reporters and anchors as the inspiration for his online manifesto.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Dorner_shootings_and_manhunt
Dorner killed 5 and injured 6 more, so would have damn near "doubled" the "extremist violence" of the Demcorat/Left the year it occurred.

Since ADL doesn't disclose its criteria, the likelihood is that they have twisted their criteria to manufacture a "RIGHT WING VIOLENCE DOUBLES IN 2017" headline.
While --of course!-- year after year downplaying "left-wing" violence.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.