Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Hypocrisy is shutting the government down because of the deficit allegedly not that many years ago and now with record spending by the GOP requesting more money for a wall most Americans don't support. And you're confusing border security that most people agree is important to Trump's wall. Given the polling I'm seeing he's rightly taking a beating. Even with that if it was just a case of giving him wall money just this once I would say pay the ransom. But it would be just the start of more shutdowns.

Again Dems are ready to open the government without demanding anything extra. It's Trump that is keeping all those people working without pay for a wall that more of us don't want.

As I recall, Trump wanted 700 billion to rebuild our military, and the Democrats wouldn't approve the budget unless he alklowed another 900 billion for social spending, bringing the total to 1.6 trillion deficit in last year's federal budget.
Democrats are the ones driving up the budget, first through sequestration starving our military (so they could hose it away on social programs), and then forcing huge expenditures to rebuild it because it is so broken.

The "re-open the government first" is another false narrative and trick. Like Charlie Brown, Lucy and the football. As soon as Trump concedes, they would screw him (and the nation) again. Meanwhile, Democrats have shot down two bills that would have paid federal employees throughout the shutdown. Democrats want to hurt 800,000 federal employees, just because they think it plays to their political gain.

AGAIN: It was about a week ago that the cost of the federal shutdown exceeded the 5.7 billion Trump was holding out for. Democrats are hypocritical on evey level.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.