Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I understand why you want to focus on that type of stuff instead of Trump asking a foreign government a favor of trying to dig up dirt on his political rival but the phone call transcript that was released was damming. The texts I read from the diplomats make clear that Trump was tying aid on the condition of Zelensky investigating Biden. I think republicans in office are going to have a hard time if they try to justify Trump's criminal ways on this one.

Can you truly be that willfully ignorant, M E M?
WAY before this allegation was ever revealed, your party has been seeking to undo the election result from at least the moment Trump won the election.
And the irregularities and suspicious twistings of the rules (the whistleblower report changes made just before they were used the very first time to accuse Trump, and no one is explaining or taking credit for how those rule changes occurred, and filed by an unnamed CIA agent inside the White House spying on the president in an agency that isn't supposed to spy on U.S. citizens, but he is, the president no less, and filing a whistleblower report that was clearly assembled by a think-tank of far-left lawyers by some Soros-funded group, clearly not written by the CIA agent his/her self. And an agent who clearly is a Hillary Clinton voter and a supporter of one of the 2020 Democrats, with a clear animus toward President Trump. On and on, the suspicious irregularities. This is so clearly a set-up to launch another coup, to depose Trump by illicit means, under the merest pseudo-appearance of legality.

Last night on Hannity I watched a 3-year montage of liberal-media news clips (courtesy of Media Research Center) that showed literally every single month since the election night 2016 Democrats and the liberal media have gleefully leaped on every half-baked contrivance as the basis for moving for impeachment of Trump. "This time for sure! No really, we really have him this time!" Well... No, not really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8AsX9DUyOg
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/bil...n-predate-trump
Literally.
EVERY single month, with news clips from each month, with different attempted contrivances every month. EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH.
There is less to rationalize an impeachment than there was to impeach Bill Clinton, and you know how that went for the Republicans.

As soon as Nancy Pelosi announced her little "inquiry to pursue possible impeachment", in that 3 days the Trump campaign raised 150 million dollars. In 3 days. Biden's campaign took 3 months to raise a sum close to that.

This is not "the law" or "justice", this is a Democrat Bolshevik party abusing their power to impeach the president based on nothing other than their having a House majority, just because they can, to impeach an innocent man, just to score a political victory. These Democrats are digging their own political graves. And further splintering the nation along political lines in the process.

It absolutely terrifies me that these maniacs could ever regain power. It would be the Frech Revolution and the Reign of Terror all over again. Your party is lawless, filled with hatred, and utterly insane.

Here's a roster of the Congreessmen supporting and opposing the impeachment vote.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/us/politics/trump-impeachment-congress-list.html
I was disappointed to see not one Florida Democrat, including RINO convert Charlie Crist, opposed it. I will vote accordingly in November 2020.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.