Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
No offense but I just don't view videos like that from either side. I have read that argument from other republicans though. Basically it boils down to trying to say that a change in procedure somehow voids whatever you don't want.

As I just said above: Republicans are not allowed to either subpoena or call witnesses, not allowed to cross-examine witnesses, NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO ATTEND AND HEAR the closed door testimony, NOT EVEN ALLOWED (Rep. Matt Gaetz tried, and was FORCED TO LEAVE THE HEARINGS) TO ATTEND AND HEAR THE TESTIMONY TO HEAR WHAT WAS SAID, except for what Democrats choose to leak to the media.

In what parallel alternate universe are those fair proceedings with an interest in the truth?

How caan I have a reasonable discussion with you if you refuse to listen to the facts? You label any counter-argument as "videos like that" from the other side that you won't watch? How is it possible to have a debate of the facts if you won't listen to both sides? Those are the facts that you choose not to hear!

Originally Posted By: M E M
That of course doesn't hold true for what you do. For example the GOP senate changing the rules to load the Supreme Court with who they wanted. I suspect you do feel those seats are illegitimate.

I don't know what you're referring to. I've listened to a lot of Democrat talking points, but I've never heard that alleged. I'm guessing what you mean, is this about witholding the Supreme Court nomination until after the 2016 election, not confirming Merrick Garland, and instead confirming Neil Gorsuch once Trump was inaugurated? Because that was the Republicans upholding the same standard that Democrats previously established, and far from "stacking the court". And Gorsuch and Garland ruled the same in over 90% of cases, so I fail to see how that was a radical shift.

The republicans on those committees are allowed to question witnesses btw.

No, they're not. As I said, Rep. Matt Gaetz was not even permitted to attend the hearings, let alone ask questions, in the Democrats' kangaroo court.

It's also not a new rule that non committee members can just sit in on anything they want.

Gaetz is a member of the 15 member Judiciary Committee, he isn't just a House member sittin in on anything they want.

The House according to the Constitution has the power to impeach. It does not go into great detail on how that happens. So far the democrats have not done anything unconstitutional in the process. Trump is just flat out lying when he says that. Lying and trying to get foreign countries to investigate his political rivals while trying to block testimony. You don't seem to have a problem with some really major ethical lapses there!

The Democrats are keeping all decisions bottled up in THEIR HALF of the Judiciary Committee, not even sharing the same access to the facts with the Republicans on the committee, let alone the powers to subpoena, call witnesses, cross examine them, or present exculpatory evidence. This standard would be unconstitutional if any U.S. citizen were investigated and tried in this way, it certainly is not acceptable to do so with the President of the United States.

If the House votes to impeach it than goes to the Senate for trial.

That's horseshit. They are slanting the evidence to try the president in the court of public opinion, suppressing the true facts from even being presented. They are indefinitely bombarding the president with one-sided propaganda in an attempt to destroy Trump in the polls and erode his support. They are tainting public opinion, so that at the point it is allowed to go to the full 435 members of the House, if and when the true facts are allowed to be presented, the public will either not hear them or not believe them.

Trump has his bitches ready so I think that's going to be truly your soviet style kangaroo court. Moscow Mitch has already teased about it. However America is watching and right now support for impeachment and removal is around or above fifty percent so they might actually have to do a real trial.

"Bitches"....
"Moscow Mitch"...

That is some truly vile rhetoric from you. Increased support for impeachment, just like the "Moscow Mitch" label, is based on a twisted version of the true facts, brewed by malicious House Democrats, and a compliant liberal media who all voted for Hillary and are still doing their damnedest to reverse the 2016 election.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.