Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
You have a very liberal interpretation of that transcript of the call. He specifically brings up Biden being investigated. And the testimony by the diplomats backs up that the aid was being withheld by Trump to try to smear Biden. Does it make sense to you that he's trying to block testimony and records that would support his story?

No, it doesn't. As many times as you repeat that lie.

Trump, as part of his oath as president to defend the Constitution and fully execute our laws, has every right to request information about criminal actions that originate from Ukraine, regarding matters of corrupt use of U.S. finds by the Bidens, and that were corruptly used to sabotage Trump in the 2016 election.

Regarding the allegedly hacked DNC server, that was suspiciously never handed over to or requested by the Democrat-loyalist FBI for examination, it was just accepted without evidence that it was hacked, without evidence ever gathered by the FBI to verify it was hacked, or what specifically was hacked. Trump requested information about that.

Likewise, Trump requesting information about Ukraine's participation in the "Russia Dossier/Fusion GPS. Information that the Ukranian government had attempted to inform the DOJ and FBI about previously, ignored by the partisan Democrat-loyalist FBI. Trump simply made clear that we did want that evidence, and that under new DOJ maanagement (William Barr) it will not be ignored this time.
I would also argue that Giuliani went to Ukraine to obtain information directly for the same reason, because the DOJ and FBI were not forthcoming with exculpatory evidence for him to protect his client, President Trump, and without that cooperation from FBI/DOJ, he had every right to go to Ukraine and gather that evidence directly from the source.

Likewise with the Bidens. That was an ongoing case long before Trump's request, evidence previously not investigated by DOJ/FBI and it required no coercion for Zelenskyy to send it. Trump could have avoided throwing the Democrats a talking point by only mentioning Burisma, but Trump violates no laws by simply mentioning the centerpiece of the investigation. It's not like Trump said hey, I might be running against Biden, send me any information that might help me win. No, he simply said these people are part of an investigation, send me whatever information you can to assist the DOJ investigation.

And finally, what you allege about the ambassadors' testimony is only what appears to be the case, within the narrow context of the partial transcript that the lying Democrats released, RELEASING ONLY THE PORTION THAT SELLS THEIR LYING NARRATIVE, *NOT* THE FULL TRANSCRIBED TESTIMONY.

Even the Republican House members on the judiciary committee are not able to attend the testimony in Schiff's hearings, to ask questions and cross examine, and examine the witnesses testifying, to determine whether their body language indicates they are lying or telling the truth. To a man and woman, I've yet to see any who give the appearance of NOT being career bureaucrats who are Democrat/deep state loyalists hostile to the president and trying to undermine him. The ones who are loyal to Trump are the ones reluctant to testify and violate Trump's executive privelege and confidentiality.

There is no logical reason why Republicans cannot attend the hearings, no top secret matters are discussed. And the irony with Democrats is they hold these meetings in secure conference (SCIF) rooms, and then the Democrats come out and leak whatever "top secret" testimony aids their lying propaganda campaign. The reporters wait for these daily leaks right outside the SCIF room! To anyone but a partisan Democrat, these hearings are a joke, and a perverse twisting of legal procedure.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.