Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Chris Wallace: Don’t lie if you’re talking to the FBI

Quote:
"Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace said Friday he was surprised to see people "rallying" behind ex-national security adviser Michael Flynn, arguing the former Trump administration official should not have lied to the FBI.

Wallace, who was speaking on Fox News, said Flynn erred in speaking to the FBI voluntarily shortly after President Trump was elected.

"Did the FBI play hardball? Yeah. Guess what? The FBI plays hardball. And guess what? If you are talking to the FBI — and a lot of lawyers would say don’t talk to them unless you have to — don’t lie," he said.

Wallace's comments came a day after Trump told reporters Thursday that Flynn has been “essentially exonerated” by new documents unsealed in the criminal case against the former aide.

“He's in the process of being exonerated. If you look at those notes from yesterday, that was total exoneration,” Trump said. “These were dirty, filthy cops at the top of the FBI.”

Wallace said he was also surprised that Trump suggested Flynn might return to the administration.

"I was kind of surprised that the president said yesterday, 'Well, maybe I’ll bring him back to the White House.' It was the president, before any legal case was brought, who fired Flynn because Flynn had lied about his conversation with the Russian ambassador to the vice president, Mike Pence," Wallace said.

It’s not even up for debate that Flynn lied. Trump had even fired him for lying.

First off, that's Chris Wallace's opinion on the subject.

Second, Wallace as I've said prior, is a clearly left-of-center journalist, and uses a lot of selective omission in that stated opinion. Such as the clearly deceptive tactics of the FBI in their interview of Flynn. Where they are required to clear such an interview with the White House, and did not. Where Flynn should have had a lawyer present, and trusting an untrustworthy FBI, was depived of counsel (as compared with Hillary Clinton, who had an army of lawyers to defend her during a similar questioning, where questioning ws not even recorded to avoid any possibility to prosecute Hillary for perjury, that FBI protocol requires to be recorded. And in Flynn's case, was recorded for precisely that premeditated purpose, in a perjury trap.)
Where one of the two FBI agents interviewing Flynn was Peter Strzok, who is a clear partisan and fanatic advocate against Trump and for Hillary Clinton, in dozens, if not hundreds, of his own self-incriminating e-mails and text messages. In the most recent exposed (thank you Judicial Watch!) messages with the Flynn investigators, Strzok pressured agents to keep the case open, despite that even after the White House interview of Flynn THE AGENTS SAW NO EVIDENCE TO WARRANT KEEPING THE CASE OPEN. But for partisan conspiratorial reasons, Strzok kept it open, to weaponize against Flynn and Trump.

Third, Trump fired Flynn based on the evidence at the time, in early 2017. That evidence has been disproven and shown to not warrant the ivestigation, as has resulted in a criminal investigation of the FBI investigators themselves. It's safe to say, if Trump knew then (Jan-Feb 2017) what he knows now, he would have stood by Flynn and not let him go. Presumably, as in any political firing, it is to let the person go through the legal process and clear their name, so as not to be a liability to the administration while under investigation/prosecution. Once vindicated, they are certainly able to return when that occurs. As appears to be the case with Flynn.
AGAIN: There are no actual crimes Flynn is guilty of, only manufactured "process crimes", manufactured perjury. As is the case with every Trump official put under a microscope by the FBI and Mueller special investigation.

Even the "lie" that Flynn allegedly told Vice President Pence was only an omission, that even Pence says he no longer sees Flynn's responses as a "lie", as FBI investigators advised Pence they were in 2017.

Quote:
“I think Gen. Michael Flynn is a patriotic American who served with great distinction in the armed forces,” Pence told reporters. “I’m deeply troubled by the revelations of what appears to have been investigative abuse by officials in the Justice Department and we are going to continue to look into that very carefully.”

Asked if Flynn was appropriately fired, Pence didn’t answer directly but said: “I know what Gen. Flynn told me and I’m more inclined to believe it was unintentional than ever before.”

The FBI's integrity has been put into question.
Flynn has been vindicated. There's a difference between withholding top secret and confidential information to as few unnecessary people as possible, and "lying".

Would that you held the treasonous sacks of shit on your own side to the same standard, M E M. To name just a few who should be criminally indicted for far worse:

Hillary Clinton.
Huma Abedin.
Susan Rice.
Jay Carney.
Barack Obama.
Joseph Biden.
Anthony Weiner (what ever happend to that computer full of top secret Hillary Clinton e-mails, way beyond his sex with minors?)
Sally Yates
Samantha Powers
Loretta Lynch
Eric Holder

And also including virtually everyone investigating Trump at the FBI and DOJ, many of whom have either been fired for misconduct, or resigned in advance of being fired for same. Many of whom I hope will be indicted and bankrupted when Barr and Durham indict them, as these rogue FBI agents bankrupted innocent people just to politically damage Trump, and attempted to suborn perjured testimony from them against Trump, in exchange for lightened charges that never should have been threatened against them in the first place.

M E M, you cling to the appearance of pseudo-legality of these disgraced FBI investigators, despite the already high stack of evidence of their misconduct. What you endorse is a Soviet-style investigation, where they target the man and manufacture the crime after-the-fact, to eliminate a political opponent. And the further evidence of that continues to pile up every day, in spite of your corrupt party's attempts to fly cover for and protect that corruption.

Flynn has been exonerated, except in the eyes of a Chris Wallace who selectively omits a lot of context that vindicates Flynn.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.