The reason Democrats despise Ann Coulter so much is because she utilizes the emotionally-charged rhetorical style of Democrats, and directs it back at them.
The difference is, Ann Coulter has facts and an intelligent thesis to back up her outlandish statements.

I think Coulter could make the same points, while still making the point with less inflammatory words. But then the liberal media would just ignore her, as they do so many level headed conservative commentators. It's her razor-edged words that keep her in the public limelight and talked about by both sides, and recurrently on the New York Times bestseller list.
I don't agree with everything Coulter says, particularly her sweeping stereotyping of liberals that contributes to the schism in this country. But unquestionably, she is very intelligent, and she knows how to work the media, as opposed to letting the media work and define her.

Regarding Biden, I had more respect for him before the Iraq war began. Biden is one of the more credible Democrat voices on foreign policy and military concerns. So on that level, I'd consider him a viable candidate.

I wouldn't dismiss Biden based on one unfortunate remark he made. Unlike Howard Dean, who makes stupid remarks almost every day.

But that remark of Biden's :"You cannot go into a Dunkin' Donuts or a 7-Eleven unless you have a slight Indian accent."

Man, that's the most boneheaded thing a Democrat has said since Howard Dean, during the 2004 campaign, stereotyped Southerners as all having pickup trucks with gun-racks in the window.

This, from the oh-so-self-lauded "party of tolerance".

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.