Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Since the story did make the rounds here you may have missed it. It doesn't take much googling to find stories from the Washington Post & Chicago Tribune about the allegations.

You should also keep in mind woman have also come forward over the years with allegations about republican presidents too. I never heard that Reagan raped a woman or dumped another one after she said she was pregnant. Is it because the press is 80 percent conservative and worships Reagan?

I honestly never heard the rape allegations against Reagan til now.

But as much as the media tried to destroy him, if there were the slightest shred of credibility to it, I'm sure the media never would have let it go.

Compare to the most specious allegations about McCain having an affair in 2008.
Or Mark Foley, vs. (lack of) coverage of Democrat Gerry Studds.
Or media coverage of unproven slanders of Herman Cain, vs. their reluctance to cover the scandal around Anthony Weiner at the exact same time, until Breitbart proved the Weiner sexting and penis-photos beyond any doubt.

And especially, the Juanita Broaddrick scandal around Bill Clinton --a Democrat who until attacked was absolutely loyal to Clinton and the DNC:

http://www.rkmbs.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=...rue#Post1170503

Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Wasn't Broaddrick the one that told the FBI a different story when they questioned her and you've described her as a highly reputable source?

Anyhoo, bringing up all those old names that the media reported on just goes to show Cain recieved the same treatment as Clinton got. You just feel differently because Cain's a republican.

As I quoted the last time we discussed Broaddrick, investigators said said she was intimidated by break-ins into her home, and by an unexplained IRS audit. Based on that intimidation denied her initial charges of rape by Clinton, based on that liberal media reporters scorned her, but investigators believed she was telling the truth.

Quote:
Broaddrick recanted her earlier sworn statement when interviewed by the FBI about the Jones case; the FBI found her account inconclusive, and the affidavit denying the allegations remains her only sworn testimony. Broaddrick later said of the affidavit, "I didn’t want to be forced to testify about one of the most horrific events in my life. I didn't want to go through it again."[2] David Schippers, the Chief Investigative Counsel for the House Judiciary Committee which was holding an inquiry on whether Clinton had committed impeachable offenses, stated that he believed Broaddrick filed the affidavit because of intimidation from Clinton, saying, "She was so terrified. And the reason she was terrified was because she saw what had happened to Kathleen Willey, Gennifer Flowers and all the rest of them."[5] Although Broaddrick claimed that no one had pressured her to file a false affidavit, she complained that she was being watched from parked cars, her home had been broken into, her pets released and her answering machine tape stolen while she and her husband were away briefly, during the House impeachment probe.[5]

As did a majority of people polled in a Feb 1999 Fox News/ Opinion Dynamics poll (80% true, 18% possibly true, 20% not true) who saw her interview discussing her rape by Clinton.

That a Democrat-subservient media was all too eager to sweep under a rug.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.