Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Originally Posted by iggy
Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
I'm in a fucking cult. I'd ask for help, but I haven't realized yet that I'm nothing more than a fucking cultist. Politics is my religion.

Traanslated:

Originally Posted by Iggy
I have nothing to contribute, I never make clear my own positions, I just maliciously attack WB at every turn, out of some demented pathological obsession.

Yep.
I knew that. Dipshit.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Originally Posted by Matter-eater Man
Biden messed up but Trump made the horrible deal with the taliban. Was it genius to release thousands of prisoners at the same time pulling out all but 2500 of our troops? Trump bragged that the pull out couldn’t be stopped and he was right. Biden was left with a terrorist group trump had elevated and a withdrawal date. They played nice by not killing Americans only because we were leaving.

That is your party's lying scapegoat argument.
The fact is, Trump's negotiation was based completely on the Taliban honoring their agreement, and 4 months ago when they started to conquer territory, Trump would have ceased to pull out. The exit strategy Trump negotiated was conditional on stability, and Trump never would have surrendered Bagram air force base, never would have continued with the exit under these conditions, and sure as hell would not have allowed the fiasco at the Kabul airport where our military and the evacuees were sitting ducks. Both Hannity and Ingraham tonight separately reported that the military had advised Biden we needed 4500 troops in Kabul to secure the area. For purely political reasons, Biden insisted it be done with 600 troops, and 13 got killed as a result, along with another 15 injured, and 170 Afghan allies killed. All Biden cares about is appearances, not protecting our troops or allies.

You leave out the part that the Taliban was not honoring the peace deal while Trump was pulling out our troops and releasing their prisoners. That is not just one sides narrative btw. Here is the National Reviews addressing the trumpers narrative….
Pompeo’s Underwhelming Defense of the Trump–Taliban Agreement
You can’t dismiss Trumpturd’s bungling as just my party’s narrative WB. That would be lie on your part.

I did read the article, for what it's worth. Not much. I easily see through the holes in this NATIONAL REVIEW predictably anti-Trump editorial narrative.

First off...

[Linked Image from legalinsurrection.com]

The NATIONAL REVIEW is rabidly anti-Trump, and was never on his side. It has become an establishment-Republican RINO instrument, that sides with pro-Democrat elements of the GOP, and splinters the Republican party toward that end, to shut down actual patriots and conservatives. They give lip service to conservatism, but act to shut it down when it is actually practiced. And that ultimately works in the Democrat favor.

Second, Trump did sign an agreement with the Taliban, yes, but the removal of troops was conditional on whether stability continued in Afghanistan, and the plan was always to leave Bagram air force base in U.S. possession forever, NOT to give it up.

And NOT to leave Afghanistan with no U.S. eyes and ears on the ground.

And NOT to just order U.S. military forces in Afghanistan to disappear in early July to just silently with no notification disappear in the middle of the night, that completely undermined Afghan defense forces. That was the exact moment everything collapsed in Afghanistan. Regardless of withdrawing thousands of U.S. troops, Trump would have continued to give air support to Afghan forces, indefinitely, even if we didn't have a sizeable U.S. ground force. What Trump abandoned is nation-building, not any defense of Afghanistan.
The NATIONAL REVIEW hit piece glosses over these details.

I think Trump's not including the Afghan government in U.S./Taliban negotiations is defended by the fact that the Afghan president fled the country in the days surrounding Kabul's fall, the fact that he's a Democrat-connected ideologue who was unconnected with the Afghan people when the Obama administration pulled him from a professor position at a university to govern Afghanistan. Who was obsessed with minor finance concerns in the weeks leading up to Kabul's fall, rather than any interest in the fact his country was falling to the Taliban. Whose sons both have million-dollar homes in the Washington DC area, and one of whom worked on the Pete Buttigieg 2020 Democrat campaign. The president fled the country in the days before Kabul fell, with bags containing about $160 million in US-funded Afghan treasury cash. "To spare my country from more bloodshed." Yeah, right.

For all the evasiveness, the bottom line is, Trump would have given support to the Afghan army against the Taliban, and would have held on to our bases there. Trump didn't withdraw bases from Germany, South Korea, Japan or elsewhere in the world. What Biden has done has been compared to the U.S. betrayal during the Bay of Pigs invasion (JFK with-holding U.S. air support from the army of Cuban nationals that WE TRAINED to invade, and then JFK left to be slaughtered), and the chaos of the helicopters leaving the U.S. embassy from Saigon in April 1975.

Trump reduced ground forces in Afghanistan from 13,000 to 2,500 to 3,500, but he did not prematurely leave, and Trump left the threat of a troop surge against the Taliban if needed, and air support for the Afghan army, who would do the frontline fighting from that point. And there was not a single U.S. casualty in over 18 months. Until Biden had our forces disappear in the middle of the night, without even warning the Afghans so they could compensate from that absence. An abandonment that put the Afghan military off balance, and from which they were never able to recover.

But your propaganda glosses over that, in an attempt to shift blame onto Trump, instead of on Biden and his staff where it belongs, who betrayed the Trump plan, abandoned and betrayed the Afghan military, and even betrayed our soldiers, civilians and our allies in Afghanistan. Biden's state department has even tried to shut down rescue operations by private military contractors and retired veterans. These rescue operations have to be done in secret, or the State Department (as they have several times) will shut down airports and punish governments who help them escape!

Increasingly I think this is not an accident, this is an elaborate plan to fail, from top to bottom, by the Bolsheviks in the Biden administration. They want to damage U.S. diplomatic and military power, they want to hurt Americans, they want to shatter our alliances with NATO and other pacts, to diminish or even collapse the United States. The level of failure is just too vast for this not to be a planned failure. I've thought this for at least a week, and I'm starting to see Republican Senators and House members and military officers say the same thing.

I find Biden’s handling of the pull out awful too but I recognize that freeing prisoners like Trump did was never a good idea. And he did that as he reduced troops. And he kept reducing troops as the Taliban kept fighting and killing their fellow Afghan’s. Trump even bragged that it couldn’t be stopped. That’s not propaganda. That all happened.

Fair play!
iggy Offline OP
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
OP Offline
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
I spend way too much time here calling people Bolshevik authoritarians, bootlickers, scum, and other things while getting defensive and acting like the snowflakes I loathe whenever someone fires back.

Area cultist unable to understand that he gets exactly what he gives. News at eleven.

iggy Offline OP
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
OP Offline
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
I find Biden’s handling of the pull out awful too but I recognize that freeing prisoners like Trump did was never a good idea. And he did that as he reduced troops. And he kept reducing troops as the Taliban kept fighting and killing their fellow Afghan’s. Trump even bragged that it couldn’t be stopped. That’s not propaganda. That all happened.

But, Trump offered up a delusional what-if scenario that totally is belied by his record with pullouts. Ask the Kurds for an example. How dare you think that he wouldn't have orchestrated a "perfect" withdrawal? tongue

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

The US military may not be as capable as they claim - U.S. military contractor Erik Prince

How Biden not only collapsed the Afghanistan government, but may have shattered NATO. And shattered the confidence in in U.S. military power that has kept us out of a world war for the last 75 years.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I spend way too much time here calling people Bolshevik authoritarians, bootlickers, scum, and other things while getting defensive and acting like the snowflakes I loathe whenever someone fires back.

Area cultist unable to understand that he gets exactly what he gives. News at eleven.

Just pointing out, as usual, you've cited no facts to support anything you've said, just namecalling and personal insults.
As compared with my sourced facts, to back up everything I've said. I call them Bolsheviks and Marxists because they OPENLY SAY they are Marxists, who praise and emulate the tactics of 100 years of marxist dictators: Stalin, Mao, Castro, the Sandinistas, Hugo Chaves, Che Gueverra. And American marxists like Saul Alinsky, Cloward and Piven, and the founders of Cultural Marxism, the "Frankfurt School" that fled to the U.S. from Nazi Germany in the 1930's. Along with Obama and Hillary's adding on of Critical Race theory, the 1619 project, Antifa, BLM, and otherwise tearing down our nation's founders and heroes.

I don't recall using the terms, bootlickers, scum, or snowflakes. That is your own invention. I don't know what "area cultists" means, so that's not much of an insult.
The Democrat/Left is destroying this country, and you can look up their OWN WORDS to confirm what I've said, either in their speeches and writings, or in videotaped public statements.

https://www.discoverthenetworks.org/organizations/individuals

Everything I've said is absolutely verifiably true, not namecalling, not paranoia, not conspiracy, just absolute verifiable fact.
As compared with your lies, insults and slanders.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
iggy Offline OP
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
OP Offline
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
The guy literally mocked and looked down upon by people the world over continues to vent his resentful spleen in a dead forum because that's apparently all he has. News at eleven.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

But, Trump offered up a delusional what-if scenario that totally is belied by his record with pullouts. Ask the Kurds for an example. How dare you think that he wouldn't have orchestrated a "perfect" withdrawal? tongue

Agreed, and I know with Trumpers it’s always going to be that way. It’s bugging me that Biden is adopting some of that “make your own reality” with this pull out. I think it was a mistake with Kurds and here with Afghanistan. Than again it fell so quickly after 20 years it’s hard to justify why we stayed so long other than keeping Russia and China out.

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2021-09-04 2:34 PM.

Fair play!
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Even right-wing lunatic Ann Coulter is calling out Trump for his shitty policy part of the vast conspiracy to tear down the orange one, is nothing sacred?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ann-coulter-sided-biden-afghanistan-114148250.html

Sinéad Baker
September 1, 2021, 7:41 AM
In this article:

Ann Coulter sided with President Joe Biden over Donald Trump in the Afghanistan withdrawal.

She tweeted that Biden kept "a promise Trump made, but then abandoned when he got to office."

"Trump REPEATEDLY demanded that we bring our soldiers home, but only President Biden had the balls to do it," she said.

The conservative commentator Ann Coulter backed President Joe Biden's defense of his military withdrawal from Afghanistan and said former President Donald Trump "abandoned" his promise to withdraw troops.

Coulter on Tuesday shared a New York Times tweet that quoted Biden as saying he would not continue a "forever war."

Coulter wrote: "Thank you, President Biden, for keeping a promise Trump made, but then abandoned when he got to office."

-Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) August 31, 2021

She said in another tweet that "Trump REPEATEDLY demanded that we bring our soldiers home, but only President Biden had the balls to do it."

She also shared some old tweets of Trump's during his presidency in which he said the US should bring its troops home. "Here are a few of Trump's wuss, B.S. - I mean 'masterful' - tweets," she said.

-Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) August 31, 2021

Trump repeatedly said in his 2016 campaign that US troops should leave Afghanistan.

Trump made a conditional peace deal with the Taliban in February 2020 that committed the US to reducing troops in Afghanistan if the Taliban did not provide support to terrorist groups.

I wonder how the Trump Cult members will respond to this...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Again, whether Ann Coulter or someone else, that talking point ignores that Trump had an exit strategy that was conditional on stability in Afghanistan before fully pulling out. And Trump would have still kept Bagram air force base, and intelligence on the ground, to insure there would not be a resurgence of Al Qaida.
And the U.S. would have continued to provide air support to the Iraq military, toward preserving that stability.

Trump had no plans to pull out in the middle of the night without even informing the Afghans, not allowing them to re-organize their defense strategy to compensate for our absence.

Trump didn't talk to Afghan president Ghani, and did not tell Ghani to lie (as Biden did, that Biden will likely be impeached for) telling Ghani against the facts discussed to publicly remain optimistic, to hide that Afghanistan was collapsing before Taliban forces while Biden pulled out.

Trump would not have betrayed our civilians and soldiers at the Kabul airport and pulled out our military before civilians and allies were evacuated, the chaos and bloodshed at the Kabul airport for 2 weeks, before completely abandoning them to be slaughtered and/or taken as hostages.
13 U.S. soldiers killed, 17 more hospitalized with serious injuries,
170 Afghan allies killed in the blast.
No further protection by the Biden administration, no change in strategy, no retaliation for the attack. Token action, nothing but political theatre by Biden.

Trump would not have used his own state department to further prevent military contractors and retired military officers from privately rescuing civilians and military contrractors.
And then the Biden administration's threatening of foreign governments who allow their nations' airports to be used to rescue them. THE OPPOSITE of rescuing them ! Further twisting the rusty knife in their backs.

Trump did none of that, despite the lying liberal narrative propaganda otherwise.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
What Trump may or may not have theoretically done is just guessing. We do know what he did do as President…
Timeline of US withdrawal from Afghanistan

“ The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

And the Trump administration kept to the pact, reducing U.S. troop levels from about 13,000 to 2,500, even though the Taliban continued to attack Afghan government forces and welcomed al-Qaeda terrorists into the Taliban leadership.”

The fact that Trump kept reducing troop levels despite what the Taliban was doing cast real doubt on what he may have done. Trump elevated terrorists and helped strengthen them against the Afghan government by releasing thousands of prisoners.

This doesn’t let Biden off the hook by any means but please gfy if you want to spin Trump here.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
What Trump may or may not have theoretically done is just guessing. We do know what he did do as President…
Timeline of US withdrawal from Afghanistan

No. That is absolutely false. I've posted half a dozen televised interviews of Trump officials who were there at the center of negotiations, and of miltary officers and military contractors and CIA station chiefs who were all on the ground in Afghanistan in the days and months before Trump's negotiations in Feb 2020, during the negotiations, and in the 18 months after the deal was made. and they all clearly say that what you and the Democrat/Left allege is absolutely false, that Trump had a clear CONDITIONAL plan for withdrawal, dependent on stability and the Taliban not starting another bloody offensive.
And Trump absolutely WOULD NOT have abandoned our Afghan military allies in the middle of the night and just disappeared (as Biden did), that set the stage for a rapid collapse, that would NEVER have happened under Trump.
Trump would not have abandoned Bagram air force base, Trump would never have withdrawn the military before the safe departure of all civilians and our allies had been evacuated.
And Trump would have opened a massive counter-offensive to take back everything conceded the moment that sucide bomb went off that killed 13 U.S. soldiers, seriously injured 17 more, and killed 170 Afghans.

Trump would not tolerate the continued attacks in the week and more afterward, on Americans who attempt to reach the airport and leave, and have been beaten, had their passports confiscated, and worse.
Trump would AT THE VERY LEAST have sent U.S. troops house to house to rescue our citizens there and escort them out, as Britain and France did to secure the safe exit of their civilians.
And then Trump would have unleashed hell on the Taliban immediately after, carpet-bombing their villages to the ground as Trump threatened their cooperation with 18 months ago. He would have given them Soleimani-like retribution and final deliverance to Allah for their crimes.

[quote=M E M]

“ The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

I think President Ghani's fleeing the country is all the defense that is needed to that. The Afghan leadership has PROVEN to be unreliable and corrupt, despite the courage and continuing to fight on of portions of the Afghan military, even without U.S. air support.

Trump negotiated an agreement with the Taliban, but with great threat if the Taliban broke their word, to destroy the leaders' own villages. Biden abandoned that agreement and any enforcement of it, betraying the Afghans, and also U.S. national security.
Trump was generous with the release of SOME Taliban prisoners. But it was Biden who allowed the Taliban to release ALL the prisoners, even the most dangerous ones.

Originally Posted by M E M
And the Trump administration kept to the pact, reducing U.S. troop levels from about 13,000 to 2,500, even though the Taliban continued to attack Afghan government forces and welcomed al-Qaeda terrorists into the Taliban leadership.”

The fact that Trump kept reducing troop levels despite what the Taliban was doing cast real doubt on what he may have done. Trump elevated terrorists and helped strengthen them against the Afghan government by releasing thousands of prisoners.

This doesn’t let Biden off the hook by any means but please gfy if you want to spin Trump here.

No. Trump continued to give the Afghan military air force protection, while the Afghan army largely took over the ground fighting. And it is VERY clear that Trump never intended to ever give up Bagram air force base, or withdraw U.S. intelligence on the ground. As every one of those at the center of negotiations and ground operations have clearly said, in the video interviews I've posted, and many more that I haven't.

So what you're saying is Democrat propaganda, deliberate lies and wild speculation, way beyond the facts.
I guess "gfy" in your post = an infantile "go fuck yourself", and that's exactly what you can do, M E M. I've disproven your propaganda lies ten times over, with interviews of those directly involved in shaping Afghan negotiations, and those in the military and CIA doing the frontline fighting and operations. They are telling the truth, you are not.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Trump’s freeing thousands of Taliban prisoners and pulling troops out all the while the Taliban was not following Trump’s peace deal with them is reality WB. Not opinion or spin but facts. He did that and you can weave the usual pie in the sky scenarios of what Trump would have done but it’s not debatable on what he actually did. And you avoid the point that Trump kept pulling troops out even though the Taliban wasn’t honoring Trump’s peace deal with them.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Trump’s freeing thousands of Taliban prisoners and pulling troops out all the while the Taliban was not following Trump’s peace deal with them is reality WB. Not opinion or spin but facts. He did that and you can weave the usual pie in the sky scenarios of what Trump would have done but it’s not debatable on what he actually did. And you avoid the point that Trump kept pulling troops out even though the Taliban wasn’t honoring Trump’s peace deal with them.

Asked and answered.
Trump freed SOME prisoners, as a concession in a larger negotiation for a coalition government in Afghanistan, and with real threats if Taliban broke that peace with further escalation. That held the peace without a single U.S. soldier killed in 18 months.

Trump would not have pulled out, Trump would have levelled their villages. It's not too late, Biden could unleash our military to go back in there with 50,000 or 100,000 men, carpet bomb the hell out the Taliban as Trump vowed to, and then once our civilians were evacuated and the Talibaan and Al Qaida and ISIS-K were sufficiently neutralized, THEN pull out again. But Biden will never do that.

Trump made negotiations for conditional U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, with some concessions such as prisoner release, with real threats if Taliban broke the agreement. Biden completely jettisoned that agreement and turned the U.S. into a paper tiger. Don't blame Trump for what Biden clearly squandered.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
As for your lie about Trump only releasing some prisoners…
Trump’s release of thousands of Taliban prisoners

That was September 2020 WB

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Note I’m citing what I’m saying btw smile

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
As for your lie about Trump only releasing some prisoners…
Trump’s release of thousands of Taliban prisoners

That was September 2020 WB

As I said, Trump made a concession as part of a larger peace deal. With threats of massive retaliation against Taliban leaders if they broke that deal.

A deal Biden completely scrapped, that collapsed all of Afghanistan in less than 3 weeks, and has trapped hundreds of Americans as potential hostages in Afghanistan, because of complete lack of a Biden plan, and even after the fat, a disinterest in even rescuing them, actually obstructing those like Glenn Back and other military contractors trying to get them out.

Trump similarly made concessions to Democrats as part of a larger deal. But the Democrats are even more unprincipled than the Taliban, and wouldn't negotiate, even when given a generous offer.

As I said, releasing a few prisoners while negotiating a larger stable coalition government, that would continue to have a small U.S. military presence in Afghanistan, and would keep U.S. air support for the Afghan military indefinitely, is in no way comparable to Biden completely pulling U.S. forces in the middle of the night with not even informing the Afghans, and completely abandoning Afghan allies there and U.S. citizens to be slaughtered.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Back to pretend land of what Trump would have done while calling Trump releasing five thousand Taliban prisoners a few. And he kept pulling troops out even as the Taliban wasn’t honoring his peace deal.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Back to pretend land of what Trump would have done while calling Trump releasing five thousand Taliban prisoners a few. And he kept pulling troops out even as the Taliban wasn’t honoring his peace deal.

As I said: Multiple people int he Trump State Department, including Mike Pompeo, as well as military officers on the ground, and military contractors, who would know better than anyone else what occurred before, during and after the Trump negotiated settlement in Feb 2020, have said that what the Democrats and Biden are saying is an absolute lie, that Trump DID NOT cause what happened under Biden, that what Biden did in abandoning the Trump negotiated agreement AFTER Trump was no longer president is what cause Afghanistan to collapse. They all say that if the Trump agreement was honored, Afghanistan would have remained stable and not fallen.

That is not "pretend land", those are the facts, as cited by the people on the ground who know better what happened in Afghanistan than anyone else. Trump made a concession to the Taliban in pursuit of stability and a larger peace. You are a liar, these frontline people interviewed are not.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I just posted interviews from multiple high-level officials, and frontline battlefield miltiary officers, DETAILING Trump's plans. Plans that Biden jettisoned and destroyed, and with that action, destroyed all of Afghanistan.

Here is Lara Logan, and another miltiary officer on the ground in Afghanistan further detailing what was planned, what was destroyed by Biden, and what could still be done at this point to at least secure the safe departure of Americans there.

Fox confirms officials warned Blinken of Afghanistan collapse - Shannon Breame, August 19 2021

I love how you just make up malicious lying talking points out of thin air, and completely ignore the sourced facts in front of you.

Re-watch also Mark Levin's Youtubed interview I posted above, where he gives an overview of the objectives of 20 years of fighting in the first place, how Biden's actions have betrayed that, and the role of Pakistan in funding and giving logistical support to the Taliban invasion. Facts, that CNN, the New York Times and liberal media selectively ignore. I linked sourced information the liberal Newspeak media is ignoring. If these liberal papers and networks were reporting it, rather than flying cover for Obama/Biden as much as they can, I would link that too.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Special Report Rep. Mullin (R-OK) blasts Biden after covert rescue mission into Afghanistan was thwarted

Trying to rescue Americans, and Biden's state department obstructing them at every turn.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

State Dept accused of blocking evacuation flights from Afghanistan

Another sourced story on the State Department obstructing rescue of U.S. civilians in Afghanistan.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Rep Michael Waltz (R-FL): 'The evacuation's not over, Mr. President' -

another House Veteran with a personal knowledge of the conditions in Afghanistan, as well as in Washington bureaucracy. Who again confirms the State Department's obstruction of Americans being able to fly out of Afghanistan. Even when they've made it to the plane, and are on the runway !

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

reports from inside Afghanistan: - Former CIA Agent Dan Hoffman, and Lara Logan

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Pompeo is lying about Afghanistan

Pompeo Is Lying About Afghanistan
He laid the groundwork for the Taliban takeover. Now he’s blaming Biden.

BY WILLIAM SALETAN
AUG 20, 20211:16 PM

“ Mike Pompeo, Donald Trump’s former secretary of state, blames President Joe Biden for the chaos in Afghanistan. “We’re letting the Taliban run free and wild,” he complained a few days ago on Fox News. Pompeo, who is laying the groundwork for a 2024 presidential campaign, argued that the insurgents were taking over the country “because we have an administration that has refused to adopt a deterrence model, the one that President Trump and I had.” He claimed that he and Trump had kept Afghanistan “stable,” that they had “never trusted the Taliban,” and that thanks to their steely resolve, “the Taliban didn’t advance on capitals” in Afghan provinces.

None of this is true. Like many other Republicans who now profess anguish over the Taliban’s victory, Pompeo supported the U.S. withdrawal. But he didn’t just endorse the pullout; he directed it. He cut a deal with the Taliban to remove all American troops and to release Taliban fighters from Afghan prisons. He vouched for the Taliban’s assurances, even as the insurgents staged hundreds of deadly attacks. And he defended the ongoing troop withdrawals, undercutting the Afghan government in its own talks with the Taliban, as the militants besieged provincial capitals.

Two years ago, Pompeo began pushing for a deal with the Taliban. Hawks urged him to stipulate in the agreement that the Taliban had to turn over al-Qaida operatives. They also asked him to reject any demand for a “premature release of Taliban prisoners.” He did neither. Under the deal, signed on Feb. 29, 2020, the U.S. government pledged “to withdraw from Afghanistan all military forces of the United States, its allies, and Coalition partners … within fourteen (14) months.” The deal also specified that the Afghan government would release 5,000 prisoners, five times as many as the Taliban had to release. There was no requirement to hand over al-Qaida operatives.

Pompeo promised that the Taliban would rein in their carnage. “We have come to an understanding with the Taliban on a significant reduction in violence,” he declared. A day after the signing ceremony, he asserted that “the Taliban have now made the break” from al-Qaida. On Face the Nation, Margaret Brennan asked him whether the Taliban were “terrorists.” Pompeo declined to use that word, assuring her that “the [Taliban] gentleman whom I met with agreed that they would break that relationship and that they would work alongside of us to destroy” al-Qaida. On Fox News, Pompeo spoke of a personal connection with the Taliban: “I looked them in the eye. They revalidated to that commitment.” The interviewer, Bret Baier, pointed out that immediately after signing the deal, the Taliban had announced a resumption of attacks on the Afghan government. Pompeo brushed aside the announcement. “If the violence levels come down,” he told Baier, “then and only then” would the United States draw down its troops.

American forces immediately began to vacate bases and pull out. But the Taliban, contrary to its commitments, escalated its attacks. Pompeo responded by making excuses. “We have seen the senior Taliban leadership working diligently to reduce violence from previous levels,” he asserted on March 5, 2020. “We still have confidence that the Taliban leadership is working to deliver on its commitments.” He argued that critics were making too much of the latest attacks, since violence in Afghanistan was “common.”

When Fox News reporter Pete Hegseth asked whether Pompeo was willing to let Kabul fall—“We’re not going to intervene ultimately two, three years from now, if the Afghan government can’t defend itself?”—Pompeo replied, “That’s right.” Three weeks after his deal with the Taliban, he threatened to pull all U.S. forces from Afghanistan and to choke off U.S. aid—which would have brought the country to its knees—if to the government didn’t move faster in talks with the Taliban. He also repeatedly pressed for the release of jailed Taliban fighters.

The troop reductions continued, even as the Taliban carried out dozens of attacks per day. On July 1, 2020, the Department of Defense reported that al-Qaida “routinely supports and works with low-level Taliban members” and “assists local Taliban in some attacks.” This matched a separate report from United Nations Security Council investigators. Some of the evidence, later published by the Washington Post, indicated that throughout this period, Taliban leaders had collaborated militarily with al-Qaida partners and had pledged not to betray them. When Pompeo was asked about the DOD report, he claimed to have secret evidence that the Taliban was working against al-Qaida. “I can’t talk about the things that I have seen,” he said.

Critics warned that the ongoing U.S. troop withdrawals, in the face of continued Taliban aggression—including an attempt to assassinate Afghanistan’s vice president—signaled American weakness and undermined the Afghan government in its talks with the Taliban. But Pompeo blamed the attacks on rogue insurgents—“spoilers,” he called them—and insisted that “the Taliban has every incentive to get this right.” When he was asked about the U.N. report and other evidence that the Taliban was still sheltering al-Qaida, he stood by the Taliban. “We have every expectation that they will follow through,” he said.

As the United States closed its air bases and stripped its troop presence to a minimum, the Taliban advanced, seizing provincial capitals. In November, Defense Secretary Mark Esper warned that the American retreat was undercutting the Afghan government. Trump responded by firing Esper. The Afghan government asked Pompeo to slow the U.S. withdrawal and press the Taliban for a cease-fire. Pompeo, in reply, offered only to “sit on the side and help where we can.” He argued that because terrorist networks were global, the United States didn’t need troops in Afghanistan.

Pompeo maintained this position after leaving office. Last month, when he was asked about warnings from U.S. military officials “that Kabul could fall within a few months,” he scoffed that “President Trump had the same kind of resistance from the military … to reducing our footprint in Afghanistan.” He ridiculed Afghan men who talked of fleeing their country instead of “fighting for” it. Then, as the American pullout came under political attack in the United States, Pompeo switched sides. On Aug. 9, he said he was “a little bit surprised at the speed” of the Taliban’s advances. Three days later, he accused Biden of “poor leadership.” By Sunday, he was calling on American forces to “go crush these Taliban who are surrounding Kabul.” He claimed that he and Trump had “deterred” the insurgents and that Biden’s “absence of resolve” had caused the Taliban onslaught.

A year ago, in Pompeo’s words, the Taliban was represented by a “gentleman,” was “working diligently to reduce violence,” and was “sincere in wanting what’s good for the Afghan people.” Now he calls the Taliban “butchers.” “We never trusted them,” he insists. “We always knew that what they were telling us was almost certainly a lie.” He claims, preposterously, that when the insurgents didn’t fulfill their promises, “We didn’t withdraw. We crushed them.”

The return of authoritarianism in Afghanistan is tragic. So are the latest atrocities: retributive executions, brutality against civilians, and the subjugation of women. The Biden administration misjudged how quickly the government would fall, and Biden misled Americans about what could happen. But nobody has lied more about the Afghan collapse than Pompeo. At every stage, he aided the Taliban and sabotaged the Kabul government. And now he dares to blame others.”

Pompeo is a lying pos so he was useful to Trump.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

List of All US Weapons Left Behind In Afghanistan

Afghanistan now has a military arsenal larger than 85% of the orld's nations, and more air force helicopters than Australia.

iggy Offline OP
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
OP Offline
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
People with a brain here: there's lots of blame to go around over this whole Afghanistan withdrawal debacle.

Foams-at-Mouth Boy: LIBERAL MEDIA! The OBidens! Tim Carney! Delusional wankery!

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
People with a brain here: there's lots of blame to go around over this whole Afghanistan withdrawal debacle.

Foams-at-Mouth Boy: LIBERAL MEDIA! The OBidens! Tim Carney! Delusional wankery!

Translated:

Originally Posted by Iggy
cry panic Nyah nyah nyah, you're a poopy face, fuck you, fuck your mother, fascist, doofus, etc, etc. cry panic

Originally Posted by WB
My cited evidence, vs. your easily disproven lies. The sources I've cited are telling the facts.

The liberal media you guys cite have been proven to be liars over and over.
They OPENLY BOAST that factual journalism "is over-rated", and that their job is to prop up the Democrat narrative and slander Trump any way they can.

How many times do I have to beat you morons over the head with the facts:

Award-winning old-school journalist Sharyl Attkiisson, citing an hour of examples of anti-Trump/anti-Republican media bias

Your unhinged liberal cultism is put on display by the facts you ignore, even as you try to perpetuate another false narrative, that conservatives and other independent thinkers are "cultists" for rejecting the clearly false narrative and exhibiting critical thinking.
But you cling to liberal media lies, even after the ethics and credibility of your mainstream liberal sources have have been PROVEN discredited liars, dozens of times over.
And openly say they are proud to be liars, for your Deep State/Democrat cult.

Regarding Afghanistan, I put the blame almost 100% on the Democrats. As every one of these military contractors I've quoted who were on the ground in Afghanistan through several administrations have said, the deal Trump put in place was working, and then Biden completely pulled the rug out on the Afghan military (abandoning Bagram air force base in the middle of the night, for example, without even telling the Afghans, just literally disappearing in the middle of the night).
The Afghan military was designed to operate with U.S. air support, and then that was overnight cut off. From that moment forward, the entire nation, right on into Kabul, was overthrown in about 8 or 9 days.
Secretary of state Blinkin said on Friday, "Well, we have time to plan, it's not like they'll be in Kabul Monday."
But the Taliban literally were in Kabul on Monday!

There was a plan left in place under Trump, with conditional withdrawal, depending on conditions on the ground in Afghanistan. And a threat under Trump of massive retaliation if the Taliban broke the peace. Under the Trump plan, any Taliban aggression and escalation would end the withdrawal, and there would be heavy reprisals.

But once Biden took over as president, the Trump plan was completely abandoned, and there were no strikes against the Taliban for their aggression. And there are possibly a thousand or more Americans still stranded in Afghanistan, some held for ransom. And the Biden administration has actually obstructed the rescue of Americans.

Joe Biden has NOT EVEN MENTIONED the Americans trapped in Afghanistan for 49 days now.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

[Linked Image from cdn.creators.com]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard