Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

They use real quotes to back up their point. Are they liberal? Maybe. But they back up their points.

Maybe?

Oh, and Fox News uses real quotes too.

have you ever watched fox news? they're a political propaganda machine.

even if you like their politics, you shouldn't agree with "news" being used to spin political rhetoric.

Bow ties are coool.
500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

I'm actually deeply interested as to WBM's rationale for calling John Dean a "communist"?

I'm all ears.

It was a play on words you humorless troll.

Quote:

D. McDonagh said:
If you're going to make inflammatory statements, trying to hide behind [flippancy] is a very lame cop out.

Liberals and communists are two different things. One group are very taken with Karl Marx, the other is composed of capitalists who don't like to see the untermensch getting shat on. Unless you can get your head around that detail, there's little point in your even trying to discuss politics.

Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

magicjay said:

How much more violent can you get than starting a war?

Oh, the humanity!

Iraq: Survey Shows Nearly 25,000 Civilians Killed In Two Years

Quote:

Virtual wars are conflicts in which one can kill others without either witnessing their deaths or having to take moral responsibility for them. The Iraq war, we were told, would be quick and few people would die. It is as though we believed that by pressing a button and eliminating others far away we would not experience any guilt or suffering — on our side.

By bullying and cajoling the media, governments can conceal this part of any war, but only for a while. We think of children being corrupted by video games — imitation violence making them immune to the reality of actual violence — but this is something that has happened to our politicians. Modern Western politicians believe that we can murder others in faraway places without the same thing happening to us, and without any physical or moral suffering on our part.

This is a dangerous idea. The only way out is to condemn all violence or to recognize that violence is a useful and important moral option in the world. Despite our self-deception, we are quite aware of how necessary it is, at times, to kill others to achieve our own ends and to protect ourselves. If we take this position, we cannot pretend it is morally easy and seek to evade the consequences. - "The exchange of violence" By Hanif Kureishi

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Very moving images, Unrestrained ID.

These are the people that Bush is helping?
And if Saddam was this big threat, wouldn't the people who set him up be the even bigger threat?

Bow ties are coool.
200+ posts
OP Offline
200+ posts
Any way you cut it, it's all about the lies that led us into this unnecessary war.

Now for a bit of levity (well for me at least )after that grim interlude by ID.

OUCH!

Quote:

Schoolchildren, take note. There will still be high standards for you, your teachers and your schools. But at the White House, the rule is a little different: No pal left behind.

and double OUCH.

todays Post

It looks like Bush rushed forth his SCOTUS nomination for nothing.

and OUCHx3

In this photograph taken in June 2003, Karl Rove, senior advisor to President Bush and Robert Novak are pictured together at a party marking the 40th anniversary of Novak's newspaper column at the Army Navy Club in Washington DC. At the event a number of people wore buttons reading, 'I'm a source, not a target.' Rove is at the center of a controversy about the leaking of a CIA operative's identity which originally appeared in Novak's newspaper column.

Not any more you're not, Karl.

and finally from Bloomberg for the snickering 25% who scoffs at the Supreme nomination having anything to do with KARLGATE, I present this.

Quote:

Bush accelerated his search for a Supreme Court nominee in part because of special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald's investigation into the leak of a CIA agent's name, according to Republicans familiar with administration strategy.

Bush originally had planned to announce a replacement for retiring Justice Sandra Day O'Connor on July 26 or 27, just before his planned July 28 departure for a month-long vacation at his Crawford, Texas, ranch, said two administration officials, who spoke on the condition they not be named.

The officials said those plans changed because Rove has become a focus of Fitzgerald's interest and of news accounts about the matter.

Supreme Court Pick Shifts Attention From Rove, Agent Disclosure

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." - George W. Bush State of the Union speech Jan 28, 2003 "mission accomplished" - George W. Bush May 2, 2003 It does not require a majority to prevail but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds". Samuel Adams said that. Pretty deep for a guy that makes beer for a living - The Boondocks "A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead" - Leo C. Rosten
PaulWellr #537100 2005-07-21 9:57 AM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
As G-man would say: Any dirty liberal can use photographs and quotes and the truth to use a point.

Bow ties are coool.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
and you (just as a Republican) should want Rove gone because this scandal (and Bush's lack of action) will help the democrats in 2008.

Bush can't run in 2008. By then, this "scandal" will be forgotten by everyone other than the extreme partisans who wouldn't vote for a Republican anyway.

Furthermore, as noted before, so far no one has shown Rove did anything other than talk to a reporter AFTER Novak's original story was printed about a CIA employee who MAY have been a covert op.

Using the standards of some of the posters here (that subsequent discussion was still a crime), they should all go to prison because they keep talking about Plame's ID.

the G-man #537102 2005-07-21 11:13 AM
500+ posts
500+ posts
suuuuure G-man, suuuuure.

You stick to your talking points.

if it helps....

..you, that is.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Quote:

By then, this "scandal" will be forgotten

Use of inverted commas indicates that you don't think this is a scandal.

Hmm.

So lying about getting a blow job from an intern is a scandal...

... but a senior policy advisor to the President disclosing the identity of a CIA agent to the press by way of payback to a critical ambassador isn't.

Just checking.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

Bush can't run in 2008. By then, this "scandal" will be forgotten by everyone other than the extreme partisans who wouldn't vote for a Republican anyway.

Furthermore, as noted before, so far no one has shown Rove did anything other than talk to a reporter AFTER Novak's original story was printed about a CIA employee who MAY have been a covert op.

Using the standards of some of the posters here (that subsequent discussion was still a crime), they should all go to prison because they keep talking about Plame's ID.

You're forgetting that scandals tend to grow as the investigation continues. How long before a special prosecuter is appointed? Who knew in 1996 that Whitewater would lead to an impeachment trial of the President for lieing about a blow job? Maybe we'll find out what Bush's true relationship with Jeff Gannon was! I can see the headlines; 'Bush Impeached for Pandering' Gannon "I was the President's Ho"

The G-man says: You are GOOD r3x29yz4a is my hero! rex says I'm a commie, asshole, fag!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

First Amongst Daves said:

I take it you were sick the days they taught perjury and obstruction of justice in law school.

Quote:

but a senior policy advisor to the President disclosing the identity of a CIA agent to the press by way of payback to a critical ambassador isn't.

And playing hooky the day they taught evidence, since you have just assumed a sentence full of "facts" for which there is still inadequate evidence.

Sarcasm aside, I would respectfully submit that you are letting your anti-Bush bias cloud your judgement.

At this point, there is no evidence of a scandal. Maybe there will be later, but right now, there isn't.

Furthermore, by bringing up the ghost of Clinton and Lewinsky all you do is prove my point.

Clinton's "scandal" did not particularly hurt his popularity, why should this one hurt whomever runs in 2008?

100+ posts
100+ posts
Moving images, ID. During Vietnam such pictures were printed in popular media or shown on TV. But today the media only reports on 'collateral damage' .

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Quote:

G-Man said : By then, this "scandal" will be forgotten

Use of inverted commas indicates that you don't think this is a scandal.

Hmm.

The issue is not Clinton cheating on his wife with Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office. Contemptible as cheating on your wife is.

The scandal in that case was that Clinton lied about his infidelity when questioned about it before a grand jury, and lied about it to obstruct a 40-million-dollar special prosecutor investigation. And that Clinton's stubborn refusal to simply admit to it and allow the nation to move on prevented virtually any legislation from occuring in the two years the Lewinsky scandal dominated Washington.

And I hasten to add that, in this proven criminal act ( semen-stained dress produced by Lewinsky in the 11th hour, otherwise Clinton would have gotten away with it), Clinton was censured by Congress, and was disbarred as an attorney.

Quote:

... but a senior policy advisor to the President disclosing the identity of a CIA agent to the press by way of payback to a critical ambassador isn't.

Just checking.

As G-man said: Pending further evidence to the contrary, Rove has committed no crime, and this remains (yet another) liberal smear campaign.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said: Clinton was censured by Congress, and was disbarred as an attorney.

He was also found in contempt of court and fined for lying under oath...by a judge he himself had appointed to the bench.

Res Judicata.

100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

And I hasten to add that, in this proven criminal act ( semen-stained dress produced by Lewinsky in the 11th hour, otherwise Clinton would have gotten away with it), Clinton was censured by Congress, and was disbarred as an attorney.

And I've always wondered, Wonder Boy; How did that seman stain get there? Did the President blow his load in Monica's face and let it drip down on to her dress? Or did he shoot on her tits and she got the jizz on the dress while arrainging herself post coitus? Important questions that Ken Starr never answered.

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Just checking.

As G-man said: Pending further evidence to the contrary, Rove has committed no crime, and this remains (yet another) liberal smear campaign.

Come on, a guy like Rove has enemies on both sides of the isle. The knives are out and Rove isn't going to come through this without a few slices missing.

The G-man says: You are GOOD r3x29yz4a is my hero! rex says I'm a commie, asshole, fag!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

magicjay said:How did that seman stain get there? Did the President blow his load in Monica's face and let it drip down on to her dress? Or did he shoot on her tits and she got the jizz on the dress while arrainging herself post coitus? Important questions that Ken Starr never answered.

She's probably not a swallower.

You know...at the rate the "liberal" pundits are trying to compare this case to the Clinton, they'll have the average American so confused, they'll think the gist of the "scandal" is that Valerie Plame gave Karl Rove a blowjob in Niger.

100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

magicjay said:How did that seman stain get there? Did the President blow his load in Monica's face and let it drip down on to her dress? Or did he shoot on her tits and she got the jizz on the dress while arrainging herself post coitus? Important questions that Ken Starr never answered.

She's probably not a swallower.

You know...at the rate the "liberal" pundits are trying to compare this case to the Clinton, they'll have the average American so confused, they'll think the gist of the "scandal" is that Valerie Plame gave Karl Rove a blowjob in Niger.

She did? Get the search warrant G-man, we'll take her entire wardrobe and search for Rove spooge! Check his diapers, too!

I think Tom Delay is behind all these scandals. He is the source of the leaks. Notice how Rove, Gannon and memogate have pushed him off the headlines? The committees won't get around to investigating his corrupt butt until he's ready to retire!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

The "conservative" pundits & politicians have been doing a good enough job confusing the issue IMHO. Something as simple as Plame's status at the CIA when her ID was leaked (something the CIA confirmed a while back) is still being questioned.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I must have missed the day that we threw out the judiciary and decided that the CIA ruled on matters of law.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
I must have missed the day that we threw out the judiciary and decided that the CIA ruled on matters of law.

so if I revealed something that ruined someone's career only days after their husband embarassed me you'd still think I was fit (ethically/morally) to work with and advise the president?

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Again, that assuming facts not in evidence.

100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

You we're probably writing a post on the RKMB when it happened. Ever wonder why you silly conservatives are always the last to know? (unless it involves Presidential spooge!)

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

um, its pretty much confirmed that he leaked it.

G-man, you've got to wake up for school now.

Bow ties are coool.
Pariah #537118 2005-07-21 7:25 PM
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

PaulWellr said:
Wait a minute. It is our national security that has been breached by this leak. They then invoke protecting national security to protect who leaked it??!

Our national security?

As in: Us and you?

You forget that while this particular Alt claims to be from Jolly old England Whomod acctually lived in L.A. so yes it would be his national security as well.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
All that has been confirmed is that Rove spoke to a reporter AFTER Novak "outed" Plame.

It has not been confirmed that Rove was Novak's source.

It has not been confirmed that Plame was, in fact, a covert operative.

It has not even been confirmed that Rove THOUGHT Plame was a covert operative.

We're arguing in circles now. You, and a few other, posters are assuming all of the above is true. Myself, and a few other, posters are pointing out it isn't.

The bottom line is that all of the facts are not in. Why not wait until they are?

wannabuyamonkey #537120 2005-07-21 7:28 PM
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

PaulWellr said:
Wait a minute. It is our national security that has been breached by this leak. They then invoke protecting national security to protect who leaked it??!

Our national security?

You forget that while this particular Alt claims to be from Jolly old England Whomod acctually lived in L.A. so yes it would be his national security as well.

Yet another time that unrestrainedPaulwhoGannonMandralID has slipped up.

Good eye.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

They use real quotes to back up their point. Are they liberal? Maybe. But they back up their points.

Maybe?

Oh, and Fox News uses real quotes too.

have you ever watched fox news? they're a political propaganda machine.

even if you like their politics, you shouldn't agree with "news" being used to spin political rhetoric.

Acctually I don't watch them that much, but you proved my point even from your own perspective "real quotes" mean nothing if thier spun to the right rather than the left. I recognise that Fox is Conservitive. I've never denied it as some on the right will do or most on the left will do when it comes to all other news services.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
In response to ID's pictures. It sucks that there are wars. I don't like war. I wish we never needed to go to war, but if we didn't go to war far more Iraqis would be suffering what's pictured and then even worse, but you wouldn't be posting those pictures. You wouldn't even care, because it's not politically expedient.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

magicjay said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

You we're probably writing a post on the RKMB when it happened. Ever wonder why you silly conservatives are always the last to know? (unless it involves Presidential spooge!)

So you're saying that G is wrong. That teh CIA DOES rule in matters of law?

MisterJLA #537124 2005-07-21 7:34 PM
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

PaulWellr said:

Our national security?

Good eye.

ay, but was my discovery RACK worthey?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

magicjay said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

So you're saying that G is wrong. That teh CIA DOES rule in matters of law?

the CIA only controls matters of laws overseas.

Bow ties are coool.
wannabuyamonkey #537126 2005-07-21 7:36 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

PaulWellr said:

Our national security?

Good eye.

ay, but was my discovery RACK worthey?

1,500 points.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:

the CIA only controls matters of laws overseas.

Well, then r3xy just decriminalized tortute. Cool. Line up the Abu Garib prisoners again.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

If it's been confirmed that he leaked the name, please show me proof and I'll stand behind you 100% that Bush should get off his ass and fire Rove.

I'm wary however based on your use of the term "pretty much" I mean pretty much has alwayse meant something hadn't been done. You ask someone if they finnished a job and they say "pretty much" they mean "no". If a buddy says he retty much got laid last night it means a girl gave him a fake phone number.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
If a buddy says he retty much got laid last night it means a girl gave him a fake phone number.

r3x is very familiar with that scenario...

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
If a buddy says he retty much got laid last night it means a girl gave him a fake phone number.

Yea, but his buddies alwayse make it up to him.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

If it's been confirmed that he leaked the name, please show me proof and I'll stand behind you 100% that Bush should get off his ass and fire Rove.

pretty much as in a lot of the people involved who have seen the evidence say it points to Rove.
Now, granted that's not 100%, because they could all be lying as part of some vast left wing conspiracy. But when/"if" it is proven 100% I'll take out the pretty much.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

Yea, but his buddies alwayse make it up to him.

I want to say this now. I want to say this to the American people.
There's been a lot of attacks from other posters, and you know who you are.
After posting, I went to a bar and met a girl. She gave me her number. It was legit. Now alot of people, and I'm not saying I agree with them, but a lot of people think I'm worthy of a phone number.
So that's where the phone number came from.

The American posters deserve to know whether or not their r3x is a player.
Well I am a play.
I earned every digit.

Bow ties are coool.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

pretty much as in a lot of the people involved who have seen the evidence say it points to Rove.
Now, granted that's not 100%, because they could all be lying as part of some vast left wing conspiracy. But when/"if" it is proven 100% I'll take out the pretty much.

Translation: We aint proved shit!

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

I'd kiss you if you weren't so damned ugly.

ah. uncomfortable silence.

Bow ties are coool.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

I'd kiss you if you weren't so damned ugly.

ah. uncomfortable silence.

Did you just hit on me?

Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard