Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
He also startede by saying for all the complaining about the program he has yet to hear any of it's opponants acctually say it should end.

The President is just creating a false argument. It's one thing recognizing the need for the program, another for how it was done. This was a case of the White House deciding it didn't have to follow a law. Now his poll numbers are low so he's pulling the partisan bit to pump up his base.

Please demonstrate to me where the wiretapping was proven to be illegal.

Bush kept a Senate committee informed of his actions the whole time the wiretapping was done.

As President Bush himself said at a press conference a few weeks ago: "If I was going to do something illegal, I wouldn't have kept them informed !"

It can be argued that the laws regarding wiretapping need to be updated from what they were when established in the late 1970's under the Carter administration.
But it can not fairly be said that what Bush did was illegal.

It could, however, be fairly said that the Democrats and the liberal media have ruined the effectiveness of future wiretapping of muslim phone calls abroad, making them infinitely aware that their calls are now monitored, guaranteeing terrorists will find more secure ways to plan terror, that cannot be monitored.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.