brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Four years ago:

From free speech in the era of Obama topic:

Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy, 8-6-2009
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
My guess is there isn't a legal issue with this, just cockroaches scurrying around upset that they might get caught.

"Caught" doing what? Exercising their free speech rights?

Zick is tacitly admitting that he thinks people who disagree with Obama are doing something that can get them "caught."

No I'm not. You can disagree with Obama all you want but if there is an organized effort to lie and intimidate others going on I want to know about it. That's what I want caught.

Correction: There is an organized effort BY OBAMA to lie and intimidate others !

The evidence is overwhelming. The Obama secret police are out in force, to slander all opposition, and otherwise intimidate them into silence.

And the beauty is, despite the Obama smear machine, opposition --both spontaneous grassroots opposition, as well as separate organized GOP opposition-- is increasing.
It is having effect, *NOT* because it's a lie, but precisely because the opposition to Obama is true and legitimate in its concerns.

Obama is the one who is lying, who says he isn't trying to destroy private heathcare. When in fact he said "If I had my choice, I'd prefer to set up a single payer system." [i.e., socialized medicine]
And that while he is allowing private healthcare to remain in existence, he anticipates that his state-run healthcare system will take "ten, fifteen, maybe 20 years" to snap the spine of private healthcare and private health insurance, and that advocates of a completely state-run system should just "be patient".
In light of these comments, straight from Obama's mouth and videotaped, readily available on Youtube, who is the liar, M E M ?

Wow, it's almost like all the evidence was there, and you could see this coming 4 years ago.

Over the next year, we will see the financial collapse of Obamacare, and Obama will save it with a federal bailout. And then take us to a federal controlled system, just like he wanted but could not legislate in the first place.

Gee, who would have seen that one coming?
Anyone familiar with what Obama and his Politburo have been saying for years, and has observed their contempt for the U.S. Constitution.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Wow, WB, that almost sounds like a Cloward-Piven move. But that can't be. ;\)

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So when Bush, Boehner, & Cantor expanded medicare and didn't pay for it (or actually anything), this was ok how? Is there any standard besides republican=good, democrat=bad?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
So when Bush, Boehner, & Cantor expanded medicare and didn't pay for it (or actually anything), this was ok how? Is there any standard besides republican=good, democrat=bad?

If you recall, I didn't support the big-government expansions under George W.'s presidency, and there are many posts here during those years to back that up.
G-man also opposed many of Bush's policies.

As I've quoted many times, Pat Buchanan wrote a whole book (released Oct 2004) about where Reagan Conservative Republicans got off the train from the Republican leadership of the Bush years, and foretold it would hurt the Republican brand in the long term. As it certainly did in the 2006 and 2008 elections.

So please don't disingenuously say we didn't voice dissent for these aspects of George W. Bush's "big government" Republican policies. We most certainly DID object.

But don't heap all the blame on Republicans. As I've pointed out repeatedly, The Democrats were eager and willing participants in every one of these big-government policies, passed with overwheming bipartisan support, including the Part D Presription Drug Plan, S-CHIP, and No Child Left Behind, along with other big-ticket domestic spending.
Democrats also overwhelmingly supported --in advance-- the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. As John Kerry famously said "I was for it before I was against it."

So don't try to scapegoat onto Republicans what Democrats had a full and bipartisan hand in.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So you saw Bush, Cantor & Boehner working Cloward-Piven move and just didn't say it?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
So you saw Bush, Cantor & Boehner working Cloward-Piven move and just didn't say it?

That doesn't even make sense.
1) Bush isn't a student of Saul Alinsky or Cloward/Piven strategy. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton both are.

2) While the motives of Republicans in the W.Bush years were bipartisanship and not social marxism, I did object to those policies vocally. As is evident in my posts.

Of the 5 trillion in new debt under W.Bush's presidency, 80% of it was for domestic spending and not foreign wars. This domestic spending was a wet dream come true for Democrats, who eagerly supported it.
So again, don't try to heap blame on Bush for what was clearly bipartisan legislation.

On the TARP bailout, while that is blamed on Bush, less Republicans supported it than Democrats.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
ObamaCare gets outsourced amid unemployment crisis: Accenture has 80,000 Indian workers, 35,000 in the Philippines and only 40,000 in the United States. Over 40 percent of their worth comes from outsourcing. In all probability, the tech jobs awarded under this contract and paid for with US tax dollars are going abroad.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Obamacare's outsourcing is not surprising, given that Geoffry Immelt, CEO of G.E., huge financial supporter of Obama, who sat on Obama's "Jobs Commission" and during those years likewise created 80% of G.E.'s jobs overseas.

Geez, you'd almost think these guys were cynics who have no loyalty to America! Ya think?

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Labor union officials say Obama betrayed them in health-care rollout: Their complaints reflect a broad sense of disappointment among many labor leaders, who say the Affordable Care Act has subjected union health plans to new taxes and mandates while not allowing them to share in the subsidies that have gone to private insurance companies competing on the newly created exchanges.

\:lol\:

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Labor union officials say Obama betrayed them in health-care rollout: Their complaints reflect a broad sense of disappointment among many labor leaders, who say the Affordable Care Act has subjected union health plans to new taxes and mandates while not allowing them to share in the subsidies that have gone to private insurance companies competing on the newly created exchanges.

\:lol\:

Obama's presidency has been pretty radical as it is.

We can be glad the unions and broader Left are disappointed, and not getting the full-on crazy they were hoping for.

Although I suspect that the only reason Obama is not acting even more radically is because he wants to preserve some political viability to use toward other agenda pieces he would still like to enact, such as immigration reform (i.e., amnesty for every illegal he can find).

I suspect that he'll enact an orgy of presidential pardons and executive orders in his last few months, if and when he can't do it legislatively.
Beyond the possibility of strategically choosing his battles to remain politically viable, there's also the real possibility that beyond knowing how to campaign and demagogue, he has no fucking idea how to govern.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I liked Jay Leno's remark feigning political correctness, saying that its wrong to call them illegal aliens.

"The correct term is Undocumented Democrats."

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
HealthCare.gov can’t handle appeals of enrollment errors: Tens of thousands of people who discovered that HealthCare.gov made mistakes as they were signing up for a health plan are confronting a new roadblock: The government cannot yet fix the errors.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
with all the money your government has, they can't even launch a working information farming and database-building website? There are Indian programmers out there willing to fix that for a couple of hundred dollars.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Congressional Budget Office: ObamaCare could lead to loss of nearly 2.3 million US jobs

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Yeah, a week later the Obama propaganda machine is still trying to contain the damage from that CBO report.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

And...

Washington Post's FACTCHECK Gives Obama's 3.9 million enrollment numbers three Pinnoccios

When even the liberal media stops flying cover, you know Obama has gone way beyond plausible deniability.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

Yeah, a week later the Obama propaganda machine is still trying to contain the damage from that CBO report.

Did you read the report? It allows somebody to choose to maybe retire early or work less hours if they want to. It's not a case of employers cutting hours and there's plenty of people willing to work those "lost" jobs.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It allows somebody to choose to maybe retire early or work less hours if they want to.

The DNC (and you) is/are arguing that this is a net benefit because it allows people to stop working and... go on the dole.

When did eschewing work for a form of welfare become a good thing?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Note I only described what it actually did and you labelled it as a good thing. I would agree considering there's plenty of people unemployed and wanting those jobs.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Note I only described what it actually did and you labelled it as a good thing. I would agree considering there's plenty of people unemployed and wanting those jobs.
so, I was right. You consider people leaving work for welfare a good thing.

Pretty twisted priorities

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
No, it's a recognition that this will work like social security and other subsidized healthcare that republicans say they are for.

The CBO indicates Obamacare will actually create more jobs btw. Can we agree that's a good thing?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Mich. Hospital Cites Obamacare for Recent Job Cuts: ‘We Had No Choice’
  • A northern-Michigan hospital is cutting 43 positions in part because of costs related to the Affordable Care Act, its CEO says. David Zechman of McLaren Northern Michigan told a local television station the layoffs were “something that we had no choice in doing.”

Zechman cited the changes to Medicaid and Medicare under the health-care law that cut reimbursement rates for the hospital’s services. “We still have the same costs of taking care of patients, but it’s hard to keep doing the same things you’re doing if you’re paid less for the same amount of costs and services you provide — it’s just basic economics,” he said.

McLaren Northern Michigan joins a growing trend of health-care providers and hospital cutting jobs. In January, the Labor Department reported the number of hospital jobs in America, which has been rising steadily for years, dropped by 4,500 jobs.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
www.nationalreview.com

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Official in charge of Obamacare exchanges resigns: A top U.S. healthcare official, accused of misleading Congress, will resign.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Union report: ObamaCare to worsen income inequality

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Associated Press : Obamacare plans bring hefty fees for certain drugs

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Obamacare plans bring fees for just about everything.

What amazes me most is how the average doubling of premiums in many states, and far higher deductibles (up to $10,000!) is no guarantee of receiving actual healthcare coverage.
Plus opening you up to identity theft, plus (like the IRS) potentially sharing your personal information for harassment by other federal agencies, and on and on.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yankee One Dollar stores to close: Keith Flike blamed the Affordable Care Act and the increase in the state’s minimum wage for the decision to shut down.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
As Obamacare deadline looms federal health care website is down for maintenance:

• The Obama administration's health care website is stumbling on deadline day for sign-ups.

Visitors to HealthCare.gov on Monday morning saw messages that the site was down for maintenance. At times the visitors were also directed to a virtual waiting room

A recent analysis for The Associated Press by the performance-measurement firm Compuware found that the government site runs slow compared with health insurance industry peers.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
People are choosing between groceries and health insurance: People are worried about going bankrupt if they get sick. News10NBC is hearing dilemma after dilemma from New Yorkers signing up for coverage under the Affordable Care Act.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Associated Press:ObamaCare site flagged in Heartbleed security review

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Hospitals Look to Health Law, Cutting Charity: Some have scaled back financial assistance for those without insurance, hoping to push them to sign up for coverage.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

See Wile E. Coyote above.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"Barack H. Obama....soooper genius!"

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Un-fucking-believable:

ObamaCare architect says lack of transparency helped law pass, cites 'stupidity of the American voter'

Quote:
ObamaCare architect Jonathan Gruber said that lack of transparency was a major part of getting ObamaCare passed, and that it was written in such a way as to take advantage of "the stupidity of the American voter."

Gruber, the MIT professor who served as a technical consultant to the Obama administration during ObamaCare’s design, also made clear during a panel quietly captured on video that the individual mandate, which was only upheld by the Supreme Court because it was a tax, was not actually a tax.

“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that. In terms of risk-rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in – you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed… Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass… Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

[The video was from an Oct. 17, 2013 event hosted by the University of Pennsylvania.]

Megyn Kelly, discussing this with former G.W. Bush administration speechwriter Marc Theissen:

Again, how can anyone support Obama and his administration, when they have such an open contempt for voters?
An administration who advance their agenda unapologetically by deceit at every turn. Over and over, with Obamacare, with Benghazi, with the IRS scandal, with DHS, they tell the public one thing and do the exact opposite.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Remember when Obama gave a State of the Union Address, and assured us that Obamacare wouldn't extend coverage to illegals, and Rep. Joe Wilson of Texas said to Obama: "You lie!" and all the Democrats hyperventilated with outrage that Wilson would accuse Obama of this during his address, and called for his censure by Congress?

Yeah, well...

It turns out that Obama did in fact lie, and coverage is now being extended to illegals, at least it would if any of the 25 Democrat primary candidates for 2020 were elected, and enthusiastically raised their hands onstage to support it in the last 2 days of debates. Not one has voiced the slightest resistance to that idea during the debates.
Only Hickenlooper expressed that he thought it was bad campaign strategy to publicly admit that they want state-provided healthcare for illegals. Not that he disagrees, but that he thought it was bad strategy for Democrats to be honest about their intentions.

So to Democrats, Joe Wilson was right and is vindicated:
"You lie!"

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

I dug up the topic almost 10 years ago when this occurred:

Let's get this out of the way topic, 9-10-2009,

Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
The larger question is why Obama is so able to lie unchallenged, rather than why Joe Wilson called him on it.
The media have abdicated their responsibility to expose the truth.

But Obama boldly lies on national television, saying that he didn't plan to include healthcare coverage for illegals, despite that he touted numbers of 47 million uninsured (a number that could not be reached without including illegals).
AFTER Obama was exposed for trying to slip through coverage for illegals. And after his speech last night before both houses of Congress, Obama and his people --without explanation-- suddenly revised their numbers nationally of "Uninsured Americans" down to 30 million. (i.e., the actual number of uninsured, after subtracting illegals from the equation).

Ann Coulter also pointed out today that Republicans had pushed to ban public healthcare funds being amended to include illegals, and Democrats rejected it. Clearly leaving the door open, if the bill is passed in any form.

So... exposure of Obama's lie would be far less without Wilson's "uncivility".

I think a civil servant's job is to tell the American people the truth. In this example, Joe Wilson did that, by giving high exposure to Obama's lie.

It was obvious even then the Dems were lying about their true intentions.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard