Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
In your mind is Hannity covering things in a nonpartisan unbiased manner?

Hannity has self-identified as an editorial/commentator, and not as a news reporter. But he certainly has plenty of journalists on his program. Including on occasion Bob Woodward (probably the most respected journalist there is), Judith Miller (another Pulitzer winner, who went to jail to protect her sources). Ultimately, guys like Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are just something resembling equal time. Tiny drops of conservative response to an endless sea of liberal propaganda that smothers and selectively omits the truth.

Lou Dobbs was one of a very respected group of anchors at CNN in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. That CNN is so partisan now that they leveraged out Lou Dobbs makes me not want to watch CCN/Newspeak at all, but I still do, just a lot less. CNN pushed Dobbs out for his nightly coverage of illegal immigration, an issue CNN is clearly in the tank for the other side on.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
the G-man #1224837 2018-01-08 5:56 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
If we accept the premise that most news organizations are biased in One Direction or another one might argue that people should watch news from the other perspective.

For example my Amazon echo flash briefing plays five minutes of FOXNews and then five minutes of NPR.

I've always made an effort to do that.

If I'm honest, though, I watch less liberal media than I used to, because it has become so leftist partisan and slanted. There used to be a difference between MSNBC and outlets like CNN, ABC and CBS. Now it is a race to the bottom, where there is not even the slightest pretense of objectivity, many reporters have openly said they consider it their holy mission to bring down Trump. In that mindset from a news network, why would I bother watching their zealously clear agenda to lie to me?

A few reminders:

https://www.mrc.org/media-bias-101

https://ricochet.com/archives/political-views-of-journalists-my-feud-with-eric-alterman-part-2/ (93% of reporters voted for Obama, a higher ratio than even the most liberal regions of the country)

Wonder Boy #1224839 2018-01-09 12:36 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
OP Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I really doubt that stat and these days many local networks are being forced to run propaganda pieces by Trump shills.

Sinclair Requires TV Stations to Air Segments That Tilt to the Right

And Trump has attacked the press when it doesn't act like a state run propaganda mill. When they've done their job he's called them liars and fake news. I used to think freedom of the press was a shared principle between the parties but these days it's really becoming Trump's base that is all to willing to attack any entity that doesn't provide just propaganda. On a side note it is funny seeing Bannon left looking for his balls after the Fire and Fury book came out

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Oh my god!

Have you WATCHED CNN or MSNBC lately!?!

CNN used to be the channel that feigned neutrality, but now they are rabidly anti Trump, and endlessly unleash personal attacks on Trump. And on his wife Melania! And on their 12 year old son!

I haven't heard of any stations with a clear conservative bias imposed on their reporters, but no doubt there are a few. But the overwhelming bias is toward malicious liberal spin. In poll after poll for 50 years. And even more so, post-2008, liberal reporters over and over expose their bias, and that it is their holy mission to bring down Trump.

The giddy reaction to Oprah potentially running for president. "Ohhh ohhh, it would be wonderful!" Reporter after reporter on every network.
And yet they can't say ONE nice thing about Trump, during the entire campaign, or since then, when he has proven himself over and over to be a skilled president, scoring higher numbers than Obama or Obama's predecessors, in many categories having better economic performance and employment numbers than have been seen since 2004, 2000, or 1999. Yet the same reporters who demonized Trump as an unqualified celebrity are totally in the tank for an Oprah run. That's quite a double standard.

I've already linked two sources that cite the liberal bias. I've probably linked hundreds of others over the last 10 years.
Journo-list?
The Occupy Wall Street movement coverage, where reporters were openly participating in the movement they were supposed to be covering?

The liberal bias is beyond question, for anyone willing to look at the evidence.

Wonder Boy #1227999 2019-01-01 8:17 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

LinkedIn Billionaire Distances Himself from Russian-Style Disinformation Campaign

Reid Hoffman helped finance a group that “experimented with many of the tactics now understood to have influenced the 2016 elections.” He now says it was a mistake, and that he did so without knowing how his money was being spent.

Except unlike the Trump campaign where the small amount of Russian "bots" had no measurable influence, the amount of money spent against Roy Moore could have turned the election 2%, in an election where Roy Moore lost by less than 2%.

Not surprisingly, it's a story the liberal media doesn't have much interest in.
And I'm quite sure the head of LinkedIn, has no knowledge of what happened. Just like the heads of Facebook, Twitter and Youtube didn't know what was happening when their companies aided the Demcorats in the 2012 and 2016 elections.

And the fact that they and their employees all lean ultra-liberal, where you can be fired for having conservative views, and they all overwhelmingly supported Hillary in 2016, and still hate Trump. That's all just coincidence!

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Wonder Boy #1228000 2019-01-01 8:27 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Democratic operatives created fake Russian bots designed to link Kremlin to Roy Moore in Alabama race

Quote:
Democratic operatives, backed by a liberal billionaire and facilitated by a former Obama official, created thousands of fake Russian accounts to give an impression the Russian government was supporting Alabama Republican Roy Moore in last year’s election against now-Sen. Doug Jones.

The secret project, which had a budget of just $100,000 and was carried out on Facebook and Twitter, was revealed after the New York Times obtained an internal report detailing the efforts.

“We orchestrated an elaborate ‘false flag’ operation that planted the idea that the Moore campaign was amplified on social media by a Russian botnet,” the internal report said. It also took credit for “radicalizing Democrats with a Russian bot scandal” after experimenting “with many of the tactics now understood to have influenced the 2016 elections.”

Jones said Thursday he is "outraged" over the report and wants a federal investigation over the project.

"I'd like to see the Federal Election Commission and the Justice Department look at this to see if there were any laws being violated and, if there were, prosecute those responsible," he said. "These authorities need to use this example right now to start setting the course for the future to let people know that this is not acceptable in the United States of America."

One participant in the project reportedly was Jonathon Morgan, the chief executive of New Knowledge, a firm that wrote a report – released by the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this week – about Russia’s social media operations in the 2016 election and its efforts to hurt Hillary Clinton and help Donald Trump.

He reportedly contacted Renée DiResta, who later joined his company and became the leading author of the report about the Russian interference efforts for the firm, asking for suggestions of online tactics that are worth testing.

In a statement on Twitter, he denied the project was aimed at influencing the election, which the Democrat won by 22,000 votes. "I did not participate in any campaign to influence the public," he wrote, saying the project goals weren't about supporting the Jones campaign.

And as usual with the Google search engine, unless you specifically enter "Fox News" or "DailyCaller" or "National Review" into your search on the subject, it will only give you thousands of liberal media Newspeak stories on the subject.

Orwell would be proud.

And it makes you wonder if Roy Moore actually lost the election.

Also interesting how as soon as Roy Moore lost the election, all the sexual allegations just went away.
Same with Brett Kavanaugh.
Same with Herman Cain.

Wonder Boy #1228638 2019-04-16 7:19 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electio...g-jones-n995021

Quote:

By Lauren Egan, NBC News, April 16, 2019

WASHINGTON — Former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore is leading the Republican field vying for the party’s 2020 nomination to challenge Sen. Doug Jones, the Democrat who beat Moore in 2017, according to a survey released Tuesday.

Moore leads among could-be GOP candidates with 27 percent in the poll from Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy, just a year and a half after losing what was widely viewed as a safe seat for Alabama Republicans. He's trailed by three Alabama congressmen: Mo Brooks at 18 percent, Bradley Byrne at 13, and Gary Palmer at 11. The poll also suggests Moore holds a net approval rating in the state — 34 percent of voters view him favorably compared to 29 percent who view him unfavorably.

Out of the potential Republican candidates included in the poll, only Byrne has formally announced his candidacy. But Moore has suggested that he is interested in running again, and this poll could help him come to a decision. Fifty percent of registered Alabama voters say they want to replace Jones with a Republican.

Moore’s lead could be explained by his overwhelming name recognition among Republican voters compared to other potential candidates. Byrne and Palmer are unknown by roughly half of Republicans.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard