Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Lol, well Trump is probably a poor choice on your part. He was an awful person when he was a democrat. I think everyone here including myself could do a better job on not engaging in constant character attacks. Honestly though on this particular bit with AOC we disagree. These type of tactics from either side are not a good thing and I give her points for calling out supporters for name calling the other side.

Fair play!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I think everyone here including myself could do a better job on not engaging in constant character attacks. Honestly though on this particular bit with AOC we disagree. These type of tactics from either side are not a good thing and I give her points for calling out supporters for name calling the other side.

I live in NY so I get a lot of the AOC coverage and just find her an intellectual lightweight who isn't nearly as clever or engaged as she seems to think about herself. I also find her to be thin skinned.

My opinion of Trump is that he has some of the same flaws as her. However, he tends to govern as a conservative. So, while I don't like his character one whit at least I can agree with a lot (but not all) of his policies.

Beyond that, yeah, I agree with you on the personal attacks. It's one thing to joke about a politician, be it AOC or DJT, but it's another to call her the c-word or him a POS.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Oh Trump is an evil piece of corrupt shit. I don't have a problem calling a turd a turd. I don't extend that to the whole party though.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
And even with Trump I don't support tactics like planting people or trying to shout out conversations.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

KENNEDY CONCEDES ELECTION TO FAR-LEFT-BACKED ED MARKEY IN DEMOCRAT SENATE PRIMARY

The candidate backed by the far-left/Bolshevik wing of the Democrat party has displaced a member of the Kennedy dynasy. The Kennedy family (JFK, RFK, Ted) have been the gold standard for the Democrat party for 60 years, the height of the party's ideals and vision for the country.

That has now been displaced by Cultural Marxist likes of Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.

The same week Antifa and Black Lives Matter have killed several Trump supporters in the streets. I seem to have missed the news report where any of the Democrat leadership condemned these killings. But then, when your Democrat pesidentiaal candidate can't even mention Antifa by name, it's pretty hard to criticize political violence.

This is the bullet-train to crazy-town.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Originally Posted By: from the article

As the campaign hurled toward the finish line, acrimony on both sides boiled over. Kennedy's team called on Markey's campaign to knock off their online attacks directed at their candidate and his supporters, that included death threats.

Once again demonstrating the violent tendecies of the Bolshevik Democrat-Left. Directed even at their own. Even being a Bolshevik doesn't make you safe, if you're not their kind of Bolshevik.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Ocasio-Cortez weaponizes social media Tucker Carlson, April 9 2021

She weaponizes her following to attack anyone who simply disagrees with her political views, to have those dissenting views purged from social media.

Another example of the Democrat party using tactics identical to those of the People's Republic of China or the Soviet Union. To intimidate, silence and purge any views or platform for those who dissent from their views or present logical arguments for their political opposition.
That is not the American way. The American way is public debate where the best ideas win. The Bolshevik way is to slander, intimidate and silence opposing views from ever being heard. The Democrats have unapologetically become the Bolshevik party.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You want to cancel coke because a ceo dared to speak out against a law that criminalizes giving water to someone standing in a long line. Trump just went on a huge rant at McConnell, Pence and other republicans who wouldn’t help him toss out an election. AOC has called out her own supporters for attacking republicans and gets continuous death threats from republicans. AOC says she didn’t ask for this to be checked out. Again she gets death threats regularly from the Tucker audience so someone calling an interview underwhelming probably doesn’t even show up on her radar.
“ The Capitol Police confirmed to Fox News that the Ocasio-Cortez did not flag any tweets from @queeralamode as threatening and police started this investigation as part of its regular effort to monitor threats.

"USCP investigates all threats that are reported by Congressional offices. The Department also monitors open and classified sources to identify and investigate threats," the Capitol Police said in a statement to Fox News. "This is standard operating procedure for the Department. As it pertains to this incident, the Congresswomen did not request that USCP initiate an investigation."

A Capitol police official further clarified that the podcaster came on their radar not for the tweet on Ocasio-Cortez's Israel policy or anything else that he wrote. Rather, the Californian was tagged in a tweet authored by another user that was deemed threatening.

"They were tagged in a tweet that was perceived as threatening that prompted us to look into this," the United States Capitol Police official told Fox News.

That tweet has since been taken down from Twitter.”

Fox news

I’m enjoying a nice icy glass of Coca Cola btw, cheers smile.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
You're such a liar propagandist, M E M.

The law does not ban people in voting precinct lines from being able to get water in line. The state election officials often provide those. ONLY PARTISAN GROUPS are barred from providing water or other enticements to voters in line, as a way to influence and buy their votes.
You're a liar, and YOU KNOW you're a liar and misrepresenting the true facts.

Even the far-left Atlanta Journal-Constitution that initially reported the new election laws are "racist", offered a retraction admitting that under further review, the new Georgia election laws are fair, not racist, and improve election integrity by making it harder to fraudulently vote.
Further, Georgia (while unfairly bashed by Coca Cola, American Airlines and United Airlines, and the Hollywood elite) actually still has far less restrictive election laws now than Colorado where the Baseball game was moved to, less restrictive than New York state election laws, and less restrictive than Joe Biden's state of Delaware. Coca Cola doesn't believe what their CEO is saying, they're just trying to appease the BLM mob in a submission to racial extortion, to be woke enough that BLM won't attack their company. Go along to get along. Coke's siding against laws that actually provide election integrity makes them traitors and part of an insurrection, that I will not support. They are trying to intimidate Georgia officials to accept a Bolshevik coup that undermines election integrity. And tGeorgia should have suspended the Senate elections until the new integrity laws were enacted. They handed two Senate seats to the rigged Bolshevik insurrection.
The Democrats hurt Atlanta area businesses (the largest black metropolitan region), a region hurting for a year now with Covid-19 shutdowns, and deprived them of a national event that would have allowed them to recover, and instead moved the event to Colorado, declaring the new Georgia election laws are "racist", and are in fact punishing the 51% black business owners in Georgia, by moving the event to a region in Colorado that is 10% black, and has even more restrictive election laws. Yeah, that makes sense...

I've watched the video of Ocasio-Cortez calling on her millions of followers to flag posts by her political opposition, Tucker Carlson played a clip of it in his video above.
She said it, no question.
And I guarantee you that whatever threats Ocasio-Cortez gets from conservatives (threats I don't endorse, they just let O-C play the victim), I guarantee you that any prominent conservative gets more threats that are more likely to actually be carried out. I posted here a year ago that Rep. Derek Gaetz (R-FL) reported and played a phone message where a guy bragged he could shoot Gaetz with a rifle from a mile away at anytime and "make your head explode like a watermelon". The 97% Democrat-donating FBI/DOJ "investigated" and talked to the caller, but filed no charges, made no arrest, and said it was "not a serious threat".
WHAT ?!?

I guarantee you, if Schumer or Pelosi, or Ocasio-Cortez, any other Democrat from "the Squad" or any other Democrat got a similar threat, the caller would be sitting in a jail cell without bail until trial.
Case in point the violent BLM and Antifa lunatics who looted and burned 275 cities last year.
With the ones who are still attacking federal buildings in Portland and Seattle nightly for the last 6 months.
With the ones who attacked Trump's White House in May 2020.
With the BLM/Antifa leftists who attacked Republicans in the streets of Washington DC in July 2020 as they left the Republican National Convention.
With the BLM/Antifa lunatic John Earle Sullivan and his group, who ohestrated the death of Ashli Babbitt on Jan 6th inside the Capitol, and openly boasted about it in multiple videos on Facebook and Twitter, WHO WAS RELEASED ON BAIL AND AT HOME, STILL POSTING HIS INCITEMENT OF VIOLENCE ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER. While the president is permanently banned and labelled as "too dangerous" on those same two social media platforms. Sullivan, who got a girl killed on Jan 6th, is allowed to be at home and on social media, and all these other BLM?Antifa violent offenders are set free.
While simultaneously hundreds of Trump supporters who did far less, most who only stepped inside the Capitol that day and many were unwitting trespassers, remain in jail without bail for months.

Hey, no double standard, none at all. rolleyes

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
To be clear...
The facts about Georgia’s ban on food and water
“ SB 202 makes it a crime for people — and not just people from political organizations — to hand out food or bottles of water within 150 feet of a polling place or 25 feet of any voter standing in line.

The only kernel of truth is that the law has a sentence which allows poll workers to make available "self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in line to vote." But just because poll workers can make self-service water available, doesn’t mean they are required to come up with a way to make water accessible to voters in every line at every polling site. Also, people could hand out water or food to voters outside the 150-foot and 25-foot boundaries.”
Even on Fox’s Sunday show Wallace wasn’t buying the bullshit being peddled by republican propaganda people. So do you double down on the lie WB knowing that I know it’s a lie?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Politifact is, of course, a partisan liberal site, a division of the leftist Tampa Bay Times. It's a spin site for the liberal media that selects Republicans as targets 75% of the time, but fronts itself as a "neutral" fact site. But it's liberal spin, nonetheless.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahb...t--anti-black-lives-matter-flag-n2579122

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PolitiFact

https://conservapedia.com/PolitiFact

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/joe-biden-botches-the-georgia-voting-law/

Let’s take a look at what S.B. 202 actually says:

• No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter] … This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.

The parts in bold are what S.B. 202 added to the statute. The prohibition applies inside polling places, within 150 feet of a polling place, or “within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.”

Now, first of all, notice what is not prohibited here. Voters can still bring bottled water or other food or beverages with them to stand on line to vote, as people often do when waiting at Disney World or to buy concert tickets or in other public places where people stand on long lines. Voters can still also, if they like, order food; the bill doesn’t stop the Domino’s Pizza man or the local hot dog cart or taco truck from doing business. And if you feel impelled to donate food and drink to voters, you can still do that, too; you just have to give it to the poll workers so they can put it out for general use. The president’s claim that “You can’t provide water for people about to vote” is just false. What you cannot do under the new Georgia law is deploy people in National Rifle Association t-shirts and MAGA hats to hand out free Koch-brothers-financed, Federalist Society–branded pizza to voters.

While state laws vary, many other states have electioneering bans that prevent people from giving gifts to voters, approaching voters on line or in the process of voting, or wearing or displaying political messages around the polling place. Minnesota law has a broad ban on approaching voters:

• No one except an election official or an individual who is waiting to register or to vote or an individual who is conducting exit polling shall stand within 100 feet of the building in which a polling place is located. Minn. Stat. § 204C.06

In 2018, the Supreme Court in Minn. Voters Alliance v. Mansky found that Minnesota had a valid basis for its ban on voters wearing any sort of political badge, button, or insignia inside a polling place. Chief Justice Roberts, noting that the majority of states had some restrictions on campaign-related clothing and accessories at the polls, explained:

• We see no basis for rejecting Minnesota’s determination that some forms of advocacy should be excluded from the polling place, to set it aside as an island of calm in which voters can peacefully contemplate their choices. . . . Casting a vote is a weighty civic act, akin to a jury’s return of a verdict, or a representative’s vote on a piece of legislation. It is a time for choosing, not campaigning. The State may reasonably decide that the interior of the polling place should reflect that distinction.

Seven Justices joined that opinion, which nonetheless found that the law entangled Minnesota too much into deciding what messages were political; the two dissenters would have upheld the law.

Montana’s law aims directly at campaigns handing out food, drink, or tobacco:

• On election day, a candidate, a family member of a candidate, or a worker or volunteer for the candidate’s campaign may not distribute alcohol, tobacco, food, drink, or anything of value to a voter within a polling place or a building in which an election is being held or within 100 feet of an entrance to the building in which the polling place is located. § 13-35-211, MCA

New York makes “Furnishing money or entertainment to induce attendance at polls” a class A misdemeanor, and explicitly includes handing out “meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision” unless it is worth less than a dollar and the person providing it is not identified:

• Any person who…in respect of any election during the hours of voting…gives or provides, or causes to be given or provided, or shall pay, wholly or in part, for any meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision to or for any person, other than [poll workers and other voting officials], except any such meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision having a retail value of less than one dollar, which is given or provided to any person in a polling place without any identification of the person or entity supplying such provisions, is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. N.Y. Elec. Law § 17-140

Biden’s own home state of Delaware bans giving gifts or rewards to voters in presidential primary elections:

• Whoever…pays, transfers or delivers, or offers…any money, or other valuable thing as a compensation, inducement or reward for the giving or withholding or in any manner influencing the giving or withholding a vote…shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $5,000 or imprisoned not less than 1 month nor more than 3 years, or both. 15 Del. C. § 3167

Laws of these sorts have been the product of experience. In 1998, the Supreme Court of Kentucky, in Ellis v. Meeks, threw out the results of a primary election where the winner, Meeks (who prevailed by eight votes) had handed out free food at the polling place, and made it available to voters. The court rejected the argument that this was all harmless because there was no direct evidence that he had changed any votes or had demanded any explicit quid pro quo from voters:

• At ten of the fifteen voting stations in the 11th Ward, Meeks made free food available to anyone present, glad-handed voters as they entered, and spoke with voters as they signed in to vote. Based upon this evidence, we… hold that Meeks’ non-verbal conduct solicited votes and amounted to electioneering within 500 feet of a building where votes were being cast…We can conceive of no other explanation for his actions…. We find that making free food available to precinct workers and voters was an item of value offered by Meeks in exchange for their votes or moral support in violation of [Kentucky law].

Georgia’s law follows the same line of reasoning: The obvious motive of showing up to hand things directly to voters, rather than just providing them to poll workers to distribute, is to influence their votes.

Once upon a time, American elections were different; we had no secret ballot, and openly bribing voters was considered a standard part of democracy. George Washington famously handed out whiskey on voting day when he ran for the House of Burgesses, and so did most everybody else in his era. But our laws have cracked down on those tactics for a reason.

Is there a problem with voters standing on long lines to vote? Yes, there is, and it tends to fall more heavily on black voters. But unfortunately, in states such as Georgia, the problem of long lines is largely under the control of local Democratic officials rather than the Republicans who run the state, who nonetheless get all the blame from the national media.

While you would not learn this from the Democrats or their sympathetic media coverage, S.B. 202 actually takes steps to fix those long lines. Georgia law previously allowed the state to override local election officials and require them to add more precincts or voting machines if people were left standing on line for an hour after the polls closed. S.B. 202 expands that authority, so that the state can step in and require more polling places or voting machines if voters in overcrowded precincts face lines of an hour or more at any of three measured intervals during the day. Read the new section for yourself:

If, at the previous general election, a precinct contained more than 2,000 electors and if [voters] desiring to vote on the day of the election had to wait in line for more than one hour before checking in to vote, the superintendent shall either reduce the size of such precinct so that it shall contain not more than 2,000 electors…or provide additional voting equipment or poll workers, or both, before the next general election….The chief manager of a precinct which contained more than 2,000 electors at the previous general election shall submit a report thereof to the superintendent of the reported time from entering the line to checking in to vote. Such wait time shall be measured no fewer than three different times throughout the day (in the morning, at midday, and prior to the close of polls) and such results shall be recorded on a form provided by the Secretary of State.

This is the right direction: Instead of allowing electioneering while people wait on long lines, eliminate both the electioneering and the lines. That’s what Joe Biden’s ranting is supposed to distract you from hearing.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Your conservative biased site talked around what Biden nailed. A neighbor standing in line for hours can’t hand another neighbor a bottle of water behind them without committing a felony. Politifact also explains that while poll workers may choose to supply water in unattended areas it’s not mandated. Actually the law makes that clear but your biased link tries to obscure it. And at this point trumpers have proven that they will do almost anything they can to win. Long lines in urban areas to discourage heavier democratic turnout probably doesn’t even require extra viagra for them to get a woody. I’m enjoying a nice frosty glass of coke now btw. Are you enjoying one of Lindells expensive lumpy pillows?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Originally Posted by Matter-eater Man
Your conservative biased site talked around what Biden nailed. A neighbor standing in line for hours can’t hand another neighbor a bottle of water behind them without committing a felony. Politifact also explains that while poll workers may choose to supply water in unattended areas it’s not mandated. Actually the law makes that clear but your biased link tries to obscure it. And at this point trumpers have proven that they will do almost anything they can to win. Long lines in urban areas to discourage heavier democratic turnout probably doesn’t even require extra viagra for them to get a woody. I’m enjoying a nice frosty glass of coke now btw. Are you enjoying one of Lindells expensive lumpy pillows?

Biden didn't "nail" anything, his Bolshevik puppetmasters plan everything he is credited with doing, and Biden can't even read the script they wrote for him to take credit for.

Politifact is a partisan spin site that is openly Democrat, and 75% of the time targets Republicans. I recall one of their "factchecks" about rapes by muslim immigrants Trump cited in Sweden, that they portrayed as untrue, and as I cited and linked at the time, despite the "factcheck" saying otherwise, Trump was 100% right. They twist themselves in knots to allege Trump or other Republicans are "not true" or "pants on fire", and conversely bend over backward to twist the truth and make Democrat liars appear honest. It's liberal spin lyingly packaged as "Factcheck", funded by Soros-type groups. As Sharyl Attkisson cited in her 56-minute video that I linked in the Media Bias topic.

What I posted above cites what multiple states have in similar election law. Your "water isn't actually wet" sophistry doesn't negate the facts I posted. Only one time in 40 years of voting have I had to wait in line in a crowd for any length of time, and it was because I voted in prime voting time 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM, after work in 2000. I had to wait in a large crowd for about 45 minutes if I recall. It was actually quite pleasant, a lot of friendly conversation among us in line.

And as I linked and sourced, you won't die of thirst under the new laws, it just prevents you from getting the water from a partisan for the purpose of influencing or buying someone's vote, or within a certain distance of the door.
As stated above (cited above) even liberal states like New York or Biden's own state of Delaware have similar laws, so Georgia's law that follows the same reasoning is not restrictive or "racist". Many states not demonized like Georgia actually have stricter laws.

And here's a suggestion: Eat or drink BEFORE or AFTER you go to the polls. Even if I had to wait in line for one or two hours (which I never have) I would neither starve to death or die of thirst. You are arguing ridiculously hyperbolic things.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You again are wrong about the poll workers part. The law only says poll workers may provide water if choose to do so. (Sourced and cited by me already) Not shocking that you a trumper feel it isn’t insane that handing a bottle of water to the neighbor behind you in a long line is worthy of a felony. I would also point out that the other laws your partisan site sources as being similar actually are conditional on the distance from the building but do not include the line like the Georgia law.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
You again are wrong about the poll workers part. The law only says poll workers may provide water if choose to do so. (Sourced and cited by me already) Not shocking that you a trumper feel it isn’t insane that handing a bottle of water to the neighbor behind you in a long line is worthy of a felony. I would also point out that the other laws your partisan site sources as being similar actually are conditional on the distance from the building but do not include the line like the Georgia law.

Linked and sourced already. If you can't read and comprehend the facts cited, I don't know how to help you.

You are committed to fronting a narrative that people will die of thirst in line, despite the cited facts that prove it to be a lie, and that other Democrat states like New York and Delaware, and Colorado where Major League Baseball is moving Atlanta's games to, actually have far more restrictive election laws than Georgia's new laws .

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You’re exaggerating. Nothing was said about dying of thirst. Even Chris Wallace on Fox wasn’t buying the bs being peddled. It’s not an exaggeration that the bill would make it a felony for a neighbor handing another neighbor a bottle of water while waiting in line to vote.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Originally Posted by M E M

That's you lying.

You’re exaggerating. Nothing was said about dying of thirst. Even Chris Wallace on Fox wasn’t buying the bs being peddled. It’s not an exaggeration that the bill would make it a felony for a neighbor handing another neighbor a bottle of water while waiting in line to vote.

That's you denying you previously lied above.

What I posted cites that the same laws about activists giving food, drink or other favors to them in line by political activists are mirrored in many other states, including DEMOCRAT-controlled states. So Georgia's new laws are not overly restrictive, and the near identical laws in other states, even in DEMOCRAT-controlled states reflect that. Georgia's new elction laws are neither overly restrictive, or at all "racist". Yours is a lying talking points attack, not a fact. As I proved with an article that cited the similar laws in multiple states.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard